PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Recruiting

Rick Danko
07-16-2018, 04:28 PM
Have not heard much on this front lately. What are some targets and possible leans for us in this next class. Any insight our insiders can give?

ETA: who are we probably gonna lose; Peters, both spoons, Holman, anyone else I?m missing?

Rick Danko
07-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Shameless bump. I know football is in the air but still very curious

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2018, 06:48 PM
Jaykwon Walton is the #1 target right now. I'm not sure if there's anybody else who could commit now that has interest in us.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion Nick goes pro.

Cooterpoot
07-16-2018, 06:58 PM
I’ve heard basketball recruiting is going better than pitching coach recruiting.

Dawg2003
07-16-2018, 06:58 PM
ETA: who are we probably gonna lose; Peters, both spoons, Holman, anyone else I?m missing?

Q will graduate. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick and Reggie Perry leave.

SmokeyDawg
07-16-2018, 07:10 PM
What's the word on the youngest Spoon? I can't remember what class he's in.

Dawg2003
07-16-2018, 07:26 PM
What's the word on the youngest Spoon? I can't remember what class he's in.

I was wondering about him too. He'd have to be a junior or a senior in high school. I'm pretty sure he's taken a visit with us and, and I know Ole Miss has talked to him because he tweeted that out not too long ago. Georgetown, TN, and USM have offered him. I can't figure out why we haven't offered him unless he's not interested. He might want to do something different than his brothers or move away from home.

Pit Bull
07-16-2018, 08:03 PM
NBA is quickly considering dropping the 19 year old rule. Should soon see high school players going directly to the pros if good enough.

smootness
07-16-2018, 08:13 PM
I was wondering about him too. He'd have to be a junior or a senior in high school. I'm pretty sure he's taken a visit with us and, and I know Ole Miss has talked to him because he tweeted that out not too long ago. Georgetown, TN, and USM have offered him. I can't figure out why we haven't offered him unless he's not interested. He might want to do something different than his brothers or move away from home.

Is his name Brandon? If so, he’s a senior who isn’t ranked.

msstate7
07-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Is his name Brandon? If so, he’s a senior who isn’t ranked.

If tenn offer is legit, then he may be worth an offer. Tenn is doing a great job of finding underrated kids

smootness
07-16-2018, 08:54 PM
If tenn offer is legit, then he may be worth an offer. Tenn is doing a great job of finding underrated kids

I doubt it is.

msstate7
07-16-2018, 08:56 PM
I doubt it is.

Would signing Brandon potentially get us another year of nick?

MCsMGs
07-16-2018, 10:12 PM

I know from talking to his parents that he wants to be his own man and not go somewhere just because his brothers did. He may end up at State, but it won't be because his brothers went there...