PDA

View Full Version : SEC network loves our defense...I thought Marcus was dead on about our

99jc
07-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Defensive line being unblockable. He said Chauncey Rivers may be better than Sweat and Simmons then said Simmons could be a heisman candidate wow. If our cbs can become lockdown corners we can win this thing guys I'm telling you we have never had a total team defensive line this good Evah!

Tbonewannabe
07-16-2018, 12:52 PM
The thing is, our Oline could be top half or better in the SEC. The SEC is won in the trenches and we might have the best lines combined in the SEC. If our WRs actually catch then our offense could be the best in the SEC also.

msstate7
07-16-2018, 01:02 PM
If our secondary can prevent the over the top throws this year, we might have a real chance at Atlanta

IMissJack
07-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Defensive line being unblockable. He said Chauncey Rivers may be better than Sweat and Simmons then said Simmons could be a heisman candidate wow. If our cbs can become lockdown corners we can win this thing guys I'm telling you we have never had a total team defensive line this good Evah!

Just imagine if Raekwon (sp?) Davis had stayed with us. Marcus is so much better than Booger...Booger can't leave the LSU bias at the door.

fishwater99
07-16-2018, 01:25 PM
The thing is, our Oline could be top half or better in the SEC. The SEC is won in the trenches and we might have the best lines combined in the SEC. If our WRs actually catch then our offense could be the best in the SEC also.

Your Wool is Thick!!!

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 01:40 PM
If our secondary can prevent the over the top throws this year, we might have a real chance at Atlanta

Thing is: with our DL, the secondary doesn't have to be elite. They've just got keep plays in front of them and force the opposing team to successfully block our DL numerous times to score.

I'm ok playing a little soft in the secondary this year and letting our DL do work.

preachermatt83
07-16-2018, 02:00 PM
10-2 at worst this year.

TrapGame
07-16-2018, 02:22 PM

And the secondary is Shoop's specialty. If Joe gets us to ATL in his first year...wow.

99jc
07-16-2018, 02:28 PM
And the secondary is Shoop's specialty. If Joe gets us to ATL in his first year...wow.

Holy shit they think we can do it to. The wool running over.

99jc
07-16-2018, 03:04 PM
He is a dead man walking as a coach.

Jack Lambert
07-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Just imagine if Raekwon (sp?) Davis had stayed with us. Marcus is so much better than Booger...Booger can't leave the LSU bias at the door.

Wasn't his whole problem with us was Dan wanted him to be an O Lineman?

TrapGame
07-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Wasn't his whole problem with us was Dan wanted him to be an O Lineman?

I think you are correct. Ari and IYOK had a lot of info about this. IIRC, Hev shit on the bed on this too.

BuckyIsAB****
07-16-2018, 03:46 PM
He is a dead man walking as a coach.

I think we are better than LSU and we beat them but I dont understand all this acting like they are garbage.

They just went 9-4, not 4-8...I cant remember how they looked vs every team and who all they beat and lost to so before someone says all that I beat you to it.

Point is they are going to be around a top 25 team

msstate7
07-16-2018, 03:48 PM
I think we are better than LSU and we beat them but I dont understand all this acting like they are garbage.

They just went 9-4, not 4-8...I cant remember how they looked vs every team and who all they beat and lost to so before someone says all that I beat you to it.

Currently, Vegas has us as the underdog

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Coach O said today that LSU will be running a spread offense with 3-5 WRs.

So, I guess LSU is installing a new offense this year that the program hasn't run in it's history.

Should be fascinating

Bulldog1
07-16-2018, 03:54 PM
LSU is a 7-5 team at best.

msstate7
07-16-2018, 03:58 PM

So, I guess LSU is installing a new offense this year that the program hasn't run in it's history.

Should be fascinating

And a little scary if their qb can complete passes. LSU always has top flight WRs

TrapGame
07-16-2018, 04:05 PM

Should be fascinating

LOL!

And that's the opposite of what he said 3 months ago. They were gonna run a pro set.

msstate7
07-16-2018, 04:14 PM
LOL!

And that's the opposite of what he said 3 months ago. They were gonna run a pro set.

They gonna run em both ya ya

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 04:18 PM
And a little scary if their qb can complete passes. LSU always has top flight WRs

Maybe but I don't think it's that easy, plus I don't think there is a coach on that staff that knows how to teach & run a spread offense.

Did anyone watch their Spring Game?

What offense did they run in that?

Shirley, they ain't gonna learn a new offense in Fall camp

Captain Falcon
07-16-2018, 04:19 PM

Is there a ?if? in college football every year that?s bigger than ?if LSU?s QB is any good...?? I will believe it when I see it. They also don?t have nearly the proven running game that they usually do and lost their best receiver from a year ago.

Maybe I?m wrong, but there is absolutely nothing about this LSU team that makes me think they will be a contender, especially with Orgeron calling the shots.

IMissJack
07-16-2018, 04:28 PM

LSU is not garbage, but their schedule is hell this year. We get them after they have played 8 straight weeks, and a schedule that includes Miami, Auburn, OM, FL, GA before us. I know OM is not great, but tends to be a pretty good game. They may beat us, but the schedule to play LSU is better this year than it has been in a while...

msstate7
07-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Is there a ?if? in college football every year that?s bigger than ?if LSU?s QB is any good...?? I will believe it when I see it. They also don?t have nearly the proven running game that they usually do and lost their best receiver from a year ago.

Maybe I?m wrong, but there is absolutely nothing about this LSU team that makes me think they will be a contender, especially with Orgeron calling the shots.

Davis and Sullivan are returning guys that didn't catch a lot of passes, but are talented guys. Marshall and chase are incoming 5-star guys. They will have talent outside. With that said, theyre not gonna be a contender. I do think that trip to Death Valley is gonna be a very tough win though

Tbonewannabe
07-16-2018, 04:40 PM
Your Wool is Thick!!!

Probably but there isn't a better rushing group than Fitz, Aeris, and Hill in the SEC in my opinion. I think Hill is going to explode this year now that he doesn't have Dan limiting his touches. We return an entire starting Oline from a 9 win team that DOMINATED LSU and went toe to toe with Bama. Rankin might have been the "starter" at LT but he maybe played half the year. If we actually get a vertical passing game, that will just improve the run game even more.

Bully13
07-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Thing is: with our DL, the secondary doesn't have to be elite. They've just got keep plays in front of them and force the opposing team to successfully block our DL numerous times to score.

I'm ok playing a little soft in the secondary this year and letting our DL do work.

I'd rather be questionable in the secondary than the DL. A Great DL can make all back field folk look like Dion Sanders.

BB30
07-16-2018, 07:11 PM
LSU is not garbage, but their schedule is hell this year. We get them after they have played 8 straight weeks, and a schedule that includes Miami, Auburn, OM, FL, GA before us. I know OM is not great, but tends to be a pretty good game. They may beat us, but the schedule to play LSU is better this year than it has been in a while...

I’d rather get them the second or third week before they settle in. Could go two ways playing them later, they could fall apart before then and already be broken or they could be clicking on all cylinders.

Beginning of the year they certainly won’t be clicking.

They have one hell of a tough schedule. If O wins 8 IMO he did a hell of a job with that schedule.

Pit Bull
07-16-2018, 07:46 PM
10-2 at worst this year.

That's exactly what I said......except "at best". We lose at BAMA and probably at home to either UF or Auburn. Would prefer Auburn beat us if I had a choice. Then a nice Citrus Bowl date vs Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State.

maroonmania
07-16-2018, 08:05 PM
Davis and Sullivan are returning guys that didn't catch a lot of passes, but are talented guys. Marshall and chase are incoming 5-star guys. They will have talent outside. With that said, theyre not gonna be a contender. I do think that trip to Death Valley is gonna be a very tough win though

They also have Jonathan Giles eligible this year who was the best WR at Texas Tech 2 years ago.

msstate7
07-16-2018, 08:45 PM
They also have Jonathan Giles eligible this year who was the best WR at Texas Tech 2 years ago.

Good call.

Looking at their depth chart, the guys I listed are down on it. They have talent outside.

TrapGame
07-16-2018, 08:49 PM
Maybe but I don't think it's that easy, plus I don't think there is a coach on that staff that knows how to teach & run a spread offense.

Did anyone watch their Spring Game?

What offense did they run in that?

Shirley, they ain't gonna learn a new offense in Fall camp

O spent the entire game chewing on his offensive coaches asses!! I thought he was going to tackle the OL coach at one point he was so pissed!

After watching that spring game there ain't no way they run a spread offense.

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 08:55 PM

LSU is grad transfer U his year.

The QB, Giles, and the CB starting opposite of Greedy is a grad transfer from Samford.

This is my biggest issue with the grad transfer rule, it allows blue bloods to be propped up because inevitably the grad transfer will transfer to the blue blood that needs a starter at their position.

BulldogBear
07-17-2018, 09:25 AM

I'm still worried about Gump receivers being allowed to stop by the water cooler for a quick drink then run back onto the field for a reception, especially in Tusk-Town.