PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why I watch the SEC Network

Dawgology
07-15-2018, 06:41 PM
We may as well not exist. No mention of any state player on offense or defense from what I've seen. Watched for an hour and don't think State was mentioned once. I honestly believe we could win the NC and they still wouldnt mention us preseason.

MetEdDawg
07-15-2018, 06:47 PM
This is one of the things I hope Moorhead fixes. Mullen was always too awww shucks about our teams and players publicly. I really want Moorhead to pump the brand, pump the players, and call folks out when we aren't getting the credit we deserve.

We are still building a brand and we definitely aren't a blue blood. We have to manufacture our own press and publicity. Moorhead is going to have to force the media to cover us. Hopefully he can get us playing at such a high level that they have no choice but to cover us.

craigmid
07-15-2018, 07:52 PM
https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1018657081241546752?s=19

Bishop6
07-15-2018, 08:37 PM
Start by insisting that our school be represented in the on camera talent.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 08:40 PM
Start by insisting that our school be represented in the on camera talent.

Wyatt would be tremendous on the weekdays.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 08:42 PM
The SEC Network is nothing but a Bama, Auburn, UGA, TN party. As much as we complain, LSU, A&M, & FL don't even get much attention.

The network mostly consists of Finebaum's former Birmingham listening Area.

lastmajordog
07-15-2018, 09:07 PM
OT but yet is relevant. Not able to go to games anymore, but I have watched for several years and something is blatantly obvious when the DOGS play at home. The TV cameras during the game almost always find the largest (obese), least flattering or ridiculous fans to zoom in on. When the bear shark lawyers are on almost ALWAYS they zoom on the most beautiful females and people they can find and then rave about how incredible the grove is. That is one reason i’ve been disillusioned the “Starkvegas” theme and silly uniform changes. I’ve never seen this mentioned before but as one that watches a lot of DOG games it is obvious. Like it or not the bears have one thing right....perception is everything when it comes to out of state potential students/money/mental image. Lose the banana, beard, black silver, crap. Push MSU as something special...not gimmicks.

Pit Bull
07-15-2018, 09:25 PM
And I just about can't turn on any sports pub/media without having the nation's #1 ranked college WR from Starkville plastered all over the page. Sharks get more pub from that than we do as a total team. We'll just have to earn it again like we do every year.

Bothrops
07-15-2018, 11:45 PM
I honestly believe we could win the NC and they still wouldnt mention us preseason.

This is almost correct