PDA

View Full Version : We?ve missed on atleast 3 pitching coaches.

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 04:42 PM
This according to a very good source. Don?t know who they are other than yeskie. This does not really upset me bc I think it just shows we are going down the list from the best pc in America until we get a yes. There are some very very good pitching coaches out there. My only gripe with this is that it could hurt our recruiting the longer it drags out.

msstate7
07-15-2018, 04:44 PM
This after we missed on probably at least 3 head coach candidates.

MarketingBully
07-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Sorry man but my confidence in believing this rumor is very low. I still think we end up with Foxhall. Still odd we haven’t hired a pitching coach. Just my two cents though.

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 04:46 PM
This after we missed on probably at least 3 head coach candidates.

It seems like Cohen starts at the top and works his way down. Actually not a bad plan.

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Sorry man but my confidence in believing this rumor is very low. I still think we end up with Foxhall. Still odd we haven’t hired a pitching coach. Just my two cents though.

We may get Foxhall. Would be a great hire. He just wasn’t one of the first 3 we called.

gravedigger
07-15-2018, 04:51 PM
This according to a very good source. Don?t know who they are other than yeskie. This does not really upset me bc I think it just shows we are going down the list from the best pc in America until we get a yes. There are some very very good pitching coaches out there. My only gripe with this is that it could hurt our recruiting the longer it drags out.

It certainly is torture for fragile fans who?s self worth is hermetically attached to getting media cred through names of coaches.

DawgRockur
07-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Might as well hire Henderson**

Bass Chaser
07-15-2018, 05:16 PM
What's considered a miss?

SmokeyDawg
07-15-2018, 05:17 PM
We are getting coaches some raises around the country. Is Cohen driving the college baseball coaching market up before he retakes his team?***

AlSwearengen
07-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Might as well hire Henderson**

Well, someone on another board who at least acts somewhat connected said he heard that is what will happen.

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Well, someone on another board who at least acts somewhat connected said he heard that is what will happen.

Please no. Please please no!!!

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Please no. Please please no!!!

What, a staff with ERA's of 5 and a locker room that's divided don't sound great to you??!

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 05:34 PM
What, a staff with ERA's of 5 and a locker room that's divided don't sound great to you??!

Preach!!

CoachT14
07-15-2018, 06:37 PM

I’m glad you’re confident that it’ll be Foxhall. After how the head search went and how the pitching one currently looks, I’m not confident at all.

Todd4State
07-15-2018, 06:46 PM

I hope what is not happening is that some of our more vocal baseball fans are sabotaging better candidates so that we can be nice to an inferior candidate. Shit like that is why we don't have a National title in baseball. Our well meaning but less educated on the landscape of college baseball fans force us into making a nice but poor decision. Like bringing Polk II back.

I seen it dawg
07-15-2018, 06:50 PM
There are more than 4-5 really great pitching coaches out there. I'm confident we will get a good guy. There are a lot to choose from.

maroonmania
07-15-2018, 07:31 PM
We may get Foxhall. Would be a great hire. He just wasn’t one of the first 3 we called.

Evidently, for things to drag out this long we must be giving each of them 4-5 days to mull over the decision before moving on to the next one if 3 is all we've called.

Turfdawg67
07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
I hope what is not happening is that some of our more vocal baseball fans are sabotaging better candidates so that we can be nice to an inferior candidate. Shit like that is why we don't have a National title in baseball. Our well meaning but less educated on the landscape of college baseball fans force us into making a nice but poor decision. Like bringing Polk II back.

Man, Ron Polk must haunt your dreams.

Bass Chaser
07-15-2018, 07:51 PM

Why doesn't Florida State have a NC? Hell, they've been to the WCS like 22 times.

bobcat91
07-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Sorry, Coach 34 is not a great source.

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 09:28 PM
Sorry, Coach 34 is not a great source.

How’s it feel knowing that someone lives rent free in your head? Must be miserable

Lord McBuckethead
07-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Why doesn't Florida State have a NC? Hell, they've been to the WCS like 22 times.

Cause when they have to play in a normal ballpark they don't have the juice to play their game.

Todd4State
07-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Man, Ron Polk must haunt your dreams.

Eight year nightmares tend to do that.

Todd4State
07-15-2018, 10:09 PM

I don't know. Maybe Martin isn't that great of a postseason coach? We've owned them three times ourselves. Not playing in the SEC or even the ACC during some of those years probably helped some too.

shoeless joe
07-15-2018, 10:27 PM

Tell it man!!! Was so obvious that this team wasn't all pulling in the same direction...no doubt this team woulda gone so much further if it weren't for chemistry issues!!!!! And I heard Henderson was the chemistry coach!!!!! Damn...the two things gotro let Henderson coach, bunting and chemistry!!!!!! Oh and pitching!!!!!! Pitching sucked too...if weda even had a half assed pitching staff we woulda made a regional easily!!!!!!

CoachT14
07-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Tell it man!!! Was so obvious that this team wasn't all pulling in the same direction...no doubt this team woulda gone so much further if it weren't for chemistry issues!!!!! And I heard Henderson was the chemistry coach!!!!! Damn...the two things gotro let Henderson coach, bunting and chemistry!!!!!! Oh and pitching!!!!!! Pitching sucked too...if weda even had a half assed pitching staff we woulda made a regional easily!!!!!!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/QuarterlyUnitedHorseshoebat-max-1mb.gif

He's not even talking about the year we just had, reading comprehension..... He's saying that if we go with Henderson we will have ERA's over 5 next year (we had a 4.42 this year which is pretty bad) and it would most likely cause a divided locker room (which is very likely in this situation).

bobcat91
07-15-2018, 11:27 PM
How’s it feel knowing that someone lives rent free in your head? Must be miserable

No, it must be miserable toting his water all the time. Or is it coffee? Look at the thread you started. It's like all the others. I have a source, that cant tell me names but knows fir sure we are on our 4th guy because we keep getting turned down. Is this lack of citing anything of substance how you preach?

preachermatt83
07-15-2018, 11:29 PM
No, it must be miserable toting his water all the time. Or is it coffee? Look at the thread you started. It's like all the others. I have a source, that cant tell me names but knows fir sure we are on our 4th guy because we keep getting turned down. Is this lack of citing anything of substance how you preach?

See, you are obsessed with him. Did he bully you as a kid, or take your girlfriend or something. This post was not anything to do with C34.

Dawg61
07-15-2018, 11:42 PM

Fix your phone please

It's apple's fault.. they broke it with IOS 11...
Turn Off Smart Punctuations in Settings/General/KeyBoard

To turn smart punctuation off, all you have to do is go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and then turn off the ?Smart Punctuation? toggle.
https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1settings-1.pnghttps://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2settings-2.png

Bully13
07-15-2018, 11:42 PM
Some here seem to indicate Cohen is in charge of hiring our next PC. Doesn't Lemonis get to run that?

Dawg61
07-15-2018, 11:43 PM
It certainly is torture for fragile fans who?s self worth is hermetically attached to getting media cred through names of coaches.

Fix your phone please

It's apple's fault.. they broke it with IOS 11...
Turn Off Smart Punctuations in Settings/General/KeyBoard

To turn smart punctuation off, all you have to do is go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and then turn off the ?Smart Punctuation? toggle.
https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1settings-1.pnghttps://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2settings-2.png

bobcat91
07-16-2018, 12:05 AM
See, you are obsessed with him. Did he bully you as a kid, or take your girlfriend or something. This post was not anything to do with C34.

Am I the one with his hash tag at the bottom of my screen like you. You are pathetic. You act like a teenage groupie. Is this your witness?

The Federalist Engineer
07-16-2018, 01:41 AM
I wonder if we could lure this guy back to college baseball- Shaun Cole

He has legit credentials at Arizona and super young. Won pitching coach of the year baseball America. Has a national championship ring. Coached in USA baseball and is now a coach in MiLB for the Padres

Seems like a guy that hugs the pro and college world. Plus he is not being snaked from another program, we probably have a bad rap now.

http://baseballnews.com/kuhn-named-national-pitching-coach-year/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stcole5

Since i like west coast pitching. This is my intriguing guy.

I don't know anything and have zero MSU connections. i have more friends in Moscow and S?o Paulo than Starkville.

Todd4State
07-16-2018, 07:09 AM
Some here seem to indicate Cohen is in charge of hiring our next PC. Doesn't Lemonis get to run that?

YES. A lot of the bitching is the fallout from Cohen running his mouth about the head coaching search.

TALL DAWG
07-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Fix your phone please

Ur message here was not to me but I just tried to fix my phone as u directed. After checking it, my phone was already set as u mentioned. What else can be done to correct the punctuation issues me and some others have here?

Bully13
07-16-2018, 08:35 AM
Ur message here was not to me but I just tried to fix my phone as u directed. After checking it, my phone was already set as u mentioned. What else can be done to correct the punctuation issues me and some others have here?

Is it standard text (you typing) or did you copy and paste script? I copy and paste with a good working PC and question marks are still going to replace other punctuation marks sometimes. But it never happens on my PC or phone when just manually typing because the proper adjustments have been made to them.

ScoobaDawg
07-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Is it standard text (you typing) or did you copy and paste script? I copy and paste with a good working PC and question marks are still going to replace other punctuation marks sometimes. But it never happens on my PC or phone when just manually typing because the proper adjustments have been made to them.

When you paste on a computer. Make sure to "Paste as plain text". That will get rid of the broken html transferred over. That works at least in Chrome.. haven't tested with every other browser.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2018, 09:58 AM
I'd probably take this info a little more serious if it was a different poster. No disrespect Preach but your batting avg on info makes Alexander look like Tony Gwynn.

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2018, 10:00 AM
I wonder if we could lure this guy back to college baseball- Shaun Cole

He has legit credentials at Arizona and super young. Won pitching coach of the year baseball America. Has a national championship ring. Coached in USA baseball and is now a coach in MiLB for the Padres

Seems like a guy that hugs the pro and college world. Plus he is not being snaked from another program, we probably have a bad rap now.

http://baseballnews.com/kuhn-named-national-pitching-coach-year/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stcole5

Since i like west coast pitching. This is my intriguing guy.

I don't know anything and have zero MSU connections. i have more friends in Moscow and S?o Paulo than Starkville.

Good dude

preachermatt83
07-16-2018, 10:02 AM
I'd probably take this info a little more serious if it was a different poster. No disrespect Preach but your batting avg on info makes Alexander look like Tony Gwynn.

Lol, need I pull up engie's post about my multiple correct predictions?? How soon we forget.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2018, 10:06 AM
Lol, need I pull up engie's post about my multiple correct predictions?? How soon we forget.

That's like TN fans saying remember all those games we won with Fulmer LOL.

preachermatt83
07-16-2018, 10:07 AM
That's like TN fans saying remember all those games we won with Fulmer LOL.

Haha!! Touche '.