PDA

View Full Version : Wolken Leads Off With the Typical Media BS

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 03:06 PM
https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/1018572124146094085?s=21

Calls LSU the 4th best SEC team and then acts like it's funny that MSU fans are upset in a later tweet. Not sure he realizes that it's not funny when you press replay by doing the same exact thing the media has done for about 10 years in a row.

Get ready for a week of this.

gravedigger
07-15-2018, 03:22 PM
https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/1018572124146094085?s=21

Calls LSU the 4th best SEC team and then acts like it's funny that MSU fans are upset in a later tweet. Not sure he realizes that it's not funny when you press replay by doing the same exact thing the media has done for about 10 years in a row.

Get ready for a week of this.

That was my first reaction too, but Wolken did say it was an ?unserious? look at the top 4.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 03:26 PM
That was my first reaction too, but Wolken did say it was an ?unserious? look at the top 4.

Does it matter?

He didn't list the top 4 teams. Different year, same stuff

MarketingBully
07-15-2018, 03:26 PM
LSU is coached by Ed Orgeron. As long as he is there, they will never seriously contend for the SEC.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-15-2018, 03:33 PM

Saw that. He said it was satire after ppl called him out. Other than covering OM cheating, Wolken is absolutely clueless, especially lately he's been saying some very nonsensical things.

gravedigger
07-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Does it matter?

He didn't list the top 4 teams. Different year, same stuff

He listed bama, Auburn, Georgia and LSU.

Gave worst case/best case for each in a very poor attempt at humor.

ETA: if he didn?t list them, how did you decide he meant LSU at number 4?

Eta2: no, it doesn?t matter. It wasn?t written to be agreed with.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 04:48 PM
He listed bama, Auburn, Georgia and LSU.

Gave worst case/best case for each in a very poor attempt at humor.

ETA: if he didn?t list them, how did you decide he meant LSU at number 4?

Eta2: no, it doesn?t matter. It wasn?t written to be agreed with.

https://i.imgur.com/pcJhHMo.jpg

Bothrops
07-15-2018, 04:54 PM
If that transfer pans out, LSU is going to be pretty good at the very least.

confucius say
07-15-2018, 05:00 PM
If that transfer pans out, LSU is going to be pretty good at the very least.

Define "pans out," bc for LSU to be pretty good (meaning at least 8-4), he is going to have damn good. Like top 4 or 5 qb in the league good.

gravedigger
07-15-2018, 05:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/pcJhHMo.jpg

No, he?s making fun of the whole dog and pony show. It?s a bunch of coach speak, cliches and a useless media ranking. So he wrote an article to that effect. Him calling it satire is to say he was attempting to make fun of the whole thing. Frankly, he?s got a point. It?s only interest is in Saban tounge lashing Fienbaum and watching coaches on the hot seat get asked uncomfortable questions.

I?m having a difficult time understanding what your complaint is.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 05:31 PM
No, he?s making fun of the whole dog and pony show. It?s a bunch of coach speak, cliches and a useless media ranking. So he wrote an article to that effect. Him calling it satire is to say he was attempting to make fun of the whole thing. Frankly, he?s got a point. It?s only interest is in Saban tounge lashing Fienbaum and watching coaches on the hot seat get asked uncomfortable questions.

I?m having a difficult time understanding what your complaint is.

I guess I don't get it.

msstatelp1
07-15-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm really not worried about it. He's not the only supposed "expert" that has LSU picked ahead of us. I expect we will get picked last or next to last again this year. It would be interesting to see how their picks would go if their jobs or their money was on the line.

BeastMan
07-15-2018, 07:22 PM
Wolken is a disgrace who was totally exposed in the Tennessee search (Currie/Schiano).

Turfdawg67
07-15-2018, 07:29 PM
I regret clicking on this thread...

Bass Chaser
07-15-2018, 07:48 PM
This is the talking season. You started a thread the other day about no interest in media days, but you're bent about this article. There's no difference.

lastmajordog
07-15-2018, 09:16 PM
It doesn?t matter. As 2014 proved just go out and kick @$$ and everything else falls into place. It?s that simple.

TUSK
07-15-2018, 09:33 PM
I had a convo with a buddy of mine earlier today...

LSU is a top 4 sec team talent wise, but the schedule & HC are crippling.

All things considered:
1. Bammer
2. Georgia

3. Aubie
4. MSU, LSU, UF, SC, A&M

9. Arkansas, mizzou, vandy, uk, OM

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 09:35 PM
I had a convo with a buddy of mine earlier today...

LSU is a top 4 sec team talent wise, but the schedule & HC are crippling.

All things considered:
1. Bammer
2. Georgia

3. Aubie
4. MSU, LSU, UF, SC, A&M

9. Arkansas, mizzou, vandy, uk, OM

NO Tusk. Be better than this & don't fall for the same crap the media does. Think for yourself & don't fall into the trap of "There is no way MSU is that good". This the most talented team in MSU history & we return EVERYONE in the trenches from last year. Don't do it

We are a significantly better team than all the ones you put on our tier. FWIW, SC may have a solid record but they aren't good. If Ole Miss played them on a neutral site, I think I'd take OM. No way SC could score enough to beat them.

I'd put us right there with Aubie. Why not? Go position by position & let me know why they will beat us at home

Do you think we'll lose to them at home?

Additionally, I think UGA & Bama are the best two teams but I don't think there is the gap you insinuate here. I really don't. Particularly with UGA losing a ton of starters.

My Order:

1.Bama
2. UGA
3. Auburn, MSU

4. LSU, A&M, Florida
5. OM, South Carolina

6. Mizzou, TN
7. Arkansas, Vandy, UK

TUSK
07-15-2018, 11:15 PM
NO Tusk. Be better than this & don't fall for the same crap the media does. Think for yourself & don't fall into the trap of "There is no way MSU is that good". This the most talented team in MSU history & we return EVERYONE in the trenches from last year. Don't do it

We are a significantly better team than all the ones you put on our tier. FWIW, SC may have a solid record but they aren't good. If Ole Miss played them on a neutral site, I think I'd take OM. No way SC could score enough to beat them.

I'd put us right there with Aubie. Why not? Go position by position & let me know why they will beat us at home

Do you think we'll lose to them at home?

Additionally, I think UGA & Bama are the best two teams but I don't think there is the gap you insinuate here. I really don't. Particularly with UGA losing a ton of starters.

My Order:

1.Bama
2. UGA
3. Auburn, MSU

4. LSU, A&M, Florida
5. OM, South Carolina

6. Mizzou, TN
7. Arkansas, Vandy, UK

I accept your bet.

What are your conditions?

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2018, 11:18 PM
I accept your bet.

What are your conditions?

What are we betting on?

TUSK
07-15-2018, 11:46 PM
What are we betting on?

Let's pick every game for every SEC team and bet $10/game...

We'd have very few games on which we'd disagree so there's low risk...

I think it'd be fun... I'm open to suggestions, as well...

tireddawg
07-16-2018, 12:11 AM
I'll take that bet & you're gonna regret, I'm the best that's ever been...*

Mutt the Hoople
07-16-2018, 06:37 AM
MSU fans are the one fan base that won't firebomb your house or skin your cat if you don't rate them high enough.