PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles is an idiot

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 02:54 PM
LSU's receivers are running wide open against Florida but he runs it. Why oh why couldn't he had this strategy against us? Les is his own worst enemy. You throw against the nation's number 1 rush defense, duh...

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Imagine that when you pass it with NFL receivers you move the football down the field. Of course, down at the goal line idiot Les runs and is getting stopped. If they pass to setup the run like they did against us they will put up 35+ points against Florida.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Jeremy Hill has 8 carries for 41 yards. Seems like they are running the football just fine.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I disagree.

Arkansas ran for 80+ first quarter yards against Florida. I think Les has a great strategy. If Mettenberger hadn't dropped the ball it would be 14-3 already. Them running the ball so effectively will do nothing but make Florida make the choice to either keep getting beat on the run and die a slow painful death, or commit more to the box and have Beckham and Landry one on one. Pretty good strategy.

Coach34
10-12-2013, 03:40 PM
LSU's receivers are running wide open against Florida but he runs it. Why oh why couldn't he had this strategy against us? Les is his own worst enemy. You throw against the nation's number 1 rush defense, duh...

Les doesn't call the plays

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2013, 03:42 PM
LSU's receivers use their bodies better than any college receivers I seen in a long time. Its almost impossible to stop them without interfering.

Coach34
10-12-2013, 03:44 PM
And Miles is an Idiot Savant by the way

RougeDawg
10-12-2013, 03:51 PM
LSU offense looks discombobulated. Confusion on play calls, multiple people in motion and had to call timeout. They didn't miss a best last week on the road. Teams seem to always have their most flawless games against us and players have career games. Don't understand it.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 03:53 PM
LSU offense looks discombobulated. Confusion on play calls, multiple people in motion and had to call timeout. They didn't miss a best last week on the road. Teams seem to always have their most flawless games against us and players have career games. Don't understand it.

I'm not seeing this confusion you guys are talking about. Florida has one of the best defenses in the country and LSU is pretty much marching it up and down the field. Like I said, they should be up 21-3 right now, but a ball slipped out of Mett's hand. But I have been flipping around channels, so maybe I missed the miscues you are referring to.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 03:55 PM
This game is over IMO. Florida's offense is garbage,especially playing from behind.

Coach34
10-12-2013, 03:57 PM
We are better on offense than Florida is- been saying that for awhile

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 03:58 PM
We are better on offense than Florida is- been saying that for awhile

Yea I agree. Then again, they aren't quite as bad as you thought. This Murphy guy is an athlete so he will make some plays.

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 04:18 PM
All Arkansas can do is run. They have no passing game so that isn't surprising. You have two NFL receivers and Mett has only thrown the ball nine times in the first half. If he had this strategy against us, we more then likely beat them. Because their run game is okay but not as elite as their passing game. Here is another thing. Why if you are a receiver would you go to LSU. Everyone knows Les rather run it then pass it anyway. I know they have put a few receivers in the league but truth be told those guys would have gone to the NFL regardless of where they played college ball. And yes I know their OC calls the plays but you have to wonder since all they seem to do is mostly run it and always have under Les.

Coach34
10-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Les handles it the same way Jackie used to- he tells the OC they have to be a physical, Pro I football team. The OC can add to it from there. Cam Cameron has added a solid passing game to the offense, and that is why they are special this season.

Today, LSU is working on wearing them down and limiting mistakes. Florida is terrible on offense- so he doesnt want to give them any easy points via turnover or anything.

AROB44
10-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Les is FAR from being an idiot. Great coach, I think anyway. He is also good for the SEC.....love his Les isms.,,,reminds me of Yogi Bera.

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Yep, and the past two weeks he had a QB who was on fire. Problem with his approach is you cool off your QB and he has a tendency to not play well which Mett is playing like crap today and missing wide open reads. Hard to play QB and stay sharp when all you do is just hand the ball off. You have to warm up with easy throws and he is being asked to make harder throws in the second half.

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Funny, the receivers are equally as open as they were against us...seems Mett isn't getting it to them now they want to throw. Their receivers are getting same separation. This style can get you beat. All Florida has to do is get a scoring drive together and they are back in the game and put pressure back on LSU. You have to exploit weaknesses on the other team no matter what. LSU should be up on Florida 28-3. Instead this running game plan has it at 14-3. If LSU loses this game it's square on Miles.

Coach34
10-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Funny, the receivers are equally as open as they were against us...seems Mett isn't getting it to them now they want to throw. Their receivers are getting same separation. This style can get you beat. All Florida has to do is get a scoring drive together and they are back in the game and put pressure back on LSU. You have to exploit weaknesses on the other team no matter what. LSU should be up on Florida 28-3. Instead this running game plan has it at 14-3. If LSU loses this game it's square on Miles.

well, to be fair- their one turnover came when they were trying to pass

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Mett has only attempted 14 passes. That is the stat right there...

MarketingBully01
10-12-2013, 05:26 PM
This is the last I will say about this. Florida's defense is better then ours I get it. But the game plan Les used against them lends itself by design to a close game. If Cam Cameron runs a wide open game plan against Florida to start the game with run mixed in like they did against us, they blow that team out. Instead, it's a close game and we look worse because LSU scored 59 points against us. If they game plan that way against us, they maybe beat us by 7 or 10 if that. Les should stick to being a HC and let Cam call the plays. All I am saying...

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 06:17 PM
This is the last I will say about this. Florida's defense is better then ours I get it. But the game plan Les used against them lends itself by design to a close game. If Cam Cameron runs a wide open game plan against Florida to start the game with run mixed in like they did against us, they blow that team out. Instead, it's a close game and we look worse because LSU scored 59 points against us. If they game plan that way against us, they maybe beat us by 7 or 10 if that. Les should stick to being a HC and let Cam call the plays. All I am saying...

Again, I disagree. I think you aren't looking at it from an overall gameplan perspective. Meaning, if Florida has a good D but no offense, you want to make sure that you don't allow their good defense to beat you. In other words, don't take a lot of chances throug the air because you don't have too. Les knew he could keep the ball out of the air, thus keep Florida's defense from causing turnovers, and win the game. I thought it was a well designed plan. Basically Les always does whatever he needs to do to win....nothing more, nothing less