PDA

View Full Version : Mike Matheny FIRED from the St. Louis Cardinals

Todd4State
07-14-2018, 11:22 PM
This move has been inevitable since the media put out the Dexter Fowler stuff and then the Bud Norris/Jordan Hicks "hazing" where Norris told Hicks to stop being late to meetings.

The bad thing is the real problem is still in the front office and the owner doesn't realize it- yet. But now that there is no more coaching staff to blame (last year) and now no Matheny to blame- maybe he will wake up.

shoeless joe
07-14-2018, 11:54 PM
Update or link on the stuff you're referencing? I keep up with baseball all the time and guess I've just missed it. As a braves fan I obviously don't keep a real close eye on the cards but I always liked maytheny.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-15-2018, 12:03 AM
The biggest problem is Mo in the front office.

Todd4State
07-15-2018, 12:24 AM
Update or link on the stuff you're referencing? I keep up with baseball all the time and guess I've just missed it. As a braves fan I obviously don't keep a real close eye on the cards but I always liked maytheny.

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/cardinals-dismiss-manager-mike-matheny/c-285883856

Todd4State
07-15-2018, 12:29 AM
The biggest problem is Mo in the front office.

I agree 100%. I hope DeWitt fires him at the end of the year. He has made a LOT of bad moves- Mike Leake, Dexter Fowler, Greg Holland, Brett Cecil, etc. while not addressing issues at all during the offseason- like not getting a power hitting corner infielder this offseason. He keeps waiting for "the market to develop" and by the time that happens- the Cardinals are left with scraps off the table or hoping to fine the next Miles Mikolas from Japan. Or usually going with "internal options".

TALL DAWG
07-15-2018, 01:00 PM
This move has been inevitable since the media put out the Dexter Fowler stuff and then the Bud Norris/Jordan Hicks "hazing" where Norris told Hicks to stop being late to meetings.

The bad thing is the real problem is still in the front office and the owner doesn't realize it- yet. But now that there is no more coaching staff to blame (last year) and now no Matheny to blame- maybe he will wake up.

Praise God on this Sunday afternoon!

I?ve been a die hard Cardinal fan for 46 years, this years team has been one of the absolute worst fundamental teams (players not doing the little things right & coaches not making the correct moves) since the 70?s and this move was much needed.
And, yes, more change should be coming at end of season.