PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day in Tuskville... RE: Injury Bug bites OLB

TUSK
07-10-2018, 03:57 PM
for the 2nd year in a row.... 1st round type cat has an ACL...

https://www.tidesports.com/terrell-lewis-suffers-acl-tear-out-indefinitely/

and we just booted on off the team, too...

https://www.tidesports.com/vandarius-cowan-dismissed-from-football-team/

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 03:59 PM
for the 2nd year in a row.... 1st round type cat has an ACL...

https://www.tidesports.com/terrell-lewis-suffers-acl-tear-out-indefinitely/

Is Keith Holcombe back?

TUSK
07-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Is Keith Holcombe back?

Ya know, I haven't heard if he's gonna play football this fall, or not....

Gimmie a minute....

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Ya know, I haven't heard if he's gonna play football this fall, or not....

Gimmie a minute....

I just remember all of tuscaloosa hated him when yalls ILBs got banged up when it really wasnt his fault haha.

Hes not a bad player.

TUSK
07-10-2018, 04:07 PM
Is Keith Holcombe back?

As of now, ILB Holcomb isn't gonna play football to focus on baseball... Nothing new on that front...

TUSK
07-10-2018, 04:08 PM
I just remember all of tuscaloosa hated him when yalls ILBs got banged up when it really wasnt his fault haha.

Hes not a bad player.

No, he's not "bad", but there's such a big drop off from the guys in front of him, it looks that way...

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 04:09 PM
As of now, ILB Holcomb isn't gonna play football to focus on baseball... Nothing new on that front...

Im surprised. He must have gotten moved further down the depth chart. Nobody @ Bama picks baseball over football

TUSK
07-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Im surprised. He must have gotten moved further down the depth chart. Nobody @ Bama picks baseball over football

Yep, he'd likely be a 3rd team/ST guy in '18... I don't know what his emotional ties to UA are, but if he really wanted to play baseball and football, he oughta transfer... He could start in football somewhere and prolly get better Baseball coachin', as well....

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Yep, he'd likely be a 3rd team/ST guy in '18... I don't know what his emotional ties to UA are, but if he really wanted to play baseball and football, he oughta transfer... He could start in football somewhere and prolly get better Baseball coachin', as well....

He would start at OM

TUSK
07-10-2018, 04:23 PM
He would start at OM Easily.

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Just plug & play Tusk & quit your whining*

Really Clark?
07-10-2018, 04:36 PM

His dad was an OL for Bear in early 80’s

bostondawg
07-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Who is the new starter gonna be? Christian Miller?

Jarius
07-10-2018, 04:48 PM
I will keep Bama football in my T’s and P’s.

TUSK
07-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Who is the new starter gonna be? Christian Miller?

That’s my guess. Jamey Mosely started some last year, too when had 832 LBs hurt.

Dallas_Dawg
07-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Whatever happened to that Ben David kid? 5 Star monster from somewhere in Bama

TUSK
07-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Whatever happened to that Ben David kid? 5 Star monster from somewhere in Bama

Ben Davis, 5* from Gordo, top 5 nationally IIRC, his ole man is Bammer’s alltime leading tackler.

He soft.

Pit Bull
07-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Is Keith Holcombe back?

That name sounds familiar....didn't Cohen offer a guy named Holcombe a few years back out of Northport, AL to a baseball scholarship?

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 09:46 PM

Y'all flipped him from us. Think he was a legacy, could be wrong.

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 09:50 PM
That’s my guess. Jamey Mosely started some last year, too when had 832 LBs hurt.

I thought y'all were so deep at all positions that you signed high 4 star Ms players for special teams just so they couldn't play for us. Have read that here from our view many times.

TUSK
07-10-2018, 10:13 PM
I thought y'all were so deep at all positions that you signed high 4 star Ms players for special teams just so they couldn't play for us. Have read that here from our view many times.

I can assure you that MDL wouldn’t burn a skolly solely to prevent said recruit from playing elsewhere.

But I caught your trace amounts of sarcasm!

Dallas_Dawg
07-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Ben Davis, 5* from Gordo, top 5 nationally IIRC, his ole man is Bammer’s alltime leading tackler.

He soft.

I guess they all can't be zingers.

msbulldog
07-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Hate it for the injured kid.

FISHDAWG
07-11-2018, 07:48 AM
btw .. the Crimson Tide's stock just went up in my book. The WHOLE team went to the White House and prayed with and for Trump ? no politics - just there to be honored and that was refreshing indeed ?. please folks - no political comebacks , this is only an observation of what happened with our National Champs of College Football and I appreciate them showing a little class

Lord McBuckethead
07-11-2018, 10:53 AM

Looks like he made the correct choice 3 years ago during recruiting.

Lance Harbor
07-11-2018, 11:28 AM
He should take after the Speed Traps in Gordo, he'd be the toughest MFer on Campus.

Ben Davis, 5* from Gordo, top 5 nationally IIRC, his ole man is Bammer?s alltime leading tackler.

He soft.

Schultzy
07-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Holcombe was going to be a preferred walk-on in the bag legacy guy until Dan offered, forcing Saban to use a scholarship on him.

Saltydog
07-11-2018, 07:54 PM
absolutely mamhandled and dominated that ass last year! I almost kinda felt sorry for him!

Token Bammer
07-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Lewis is a great player, no doubt, and he will be missed. However, we are deeper at outside linebacker than inside linebacker. Inside linebacker is really thin. We are probably going to have to move someone from the outside to inside. With the loss of Lewis that doesn't help someone moving from outside to inside, but it looks like we may
pick up a transfer for the outside linebacker position.

TUSK
07-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Holcombe was going to be a preferred walk-on in the bag legacy guy until Dan offered, forcing Saban to use a scholarship on him.

Dan used the "force" vs MDL?

no.

Schultzy
07-13-2018, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=TUSK;970037]Dan used the "force" vs MDL?

no.[/QUOTE
Ha, Dan certainly did the Holcomb’s a solid.

Offshore Dawg
07-15-2018, 10:03 AM
btw .. the Crimson Tide's stock just went up in my book. The WHOLE team went to the White House and prayed with and for Trump ? no politics - just there to be honored and that was refreshing indeed ?. please folks - no political comebacks , this is only an observation of what happened with our National Champs of College Football and I appreciate them showing a little class

That was a good thing. I also was proud of the whole Tide team and coaches for doing that.