PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Todd not on team in the fall, per Steve Roberston

bostondawg
07-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Can return in the spring if he chooses.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-wide-receiver-Reggie-Todd-will-not-take-part-in-the-Bulldogs-2018-football-campaign--119686308/

CadaverDawg
07-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Shit

bostondawg
07-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Shit

Strap up, Austin Williams.

MaroonFlounder
07-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Of the experienced WRs, he had the highest ceiling. His size and ability to be that X receiver for us was going to be needed this year. He had a really good spring, too. This is a huge blow.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2018, 05:59 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal personally. He has stone hands & this gets Whop, Williams, & Guidry more touches

Bully13
07-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Can return in the spring if he chooses.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-wide-receiver-Reggie-Todd-will-not-take-part-in-the-Bulldogs-2018-football-campaign--119686308/

Does not look like it now. Totally out for '18. Won't even be taking classes. Wish I knew more about how bad the fight was or how bad he may have hurt someone. I guess JOMO has laid down the law, no 17ing up. At all.

bostondawg
07-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Does not look like it now. Totally out for '18. Won't even be taking classes. Wish I knew more about how bad the fight was or how bad he may have hurt someone. I guess JOMO has laid down the law, no 17ing up. At all.

Yep. Jomo ain't Saban or Gus.

bostondawg
07-09-2018, 06:03 PM
I don't think it's that big of a deal personally. He has stone hands & this gets Whop, Williams, & Guidry more touches

It's a big deal because Mullen left us with a bunch of midget receivers. Todd's size was invaluable.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2018, 06:05 PM
It's a big deal because Mullen left us with a bunch of midget receivers. Todd's size was invaluable.

But we recruited size & Todd still dropped a ton of passes.

Whop, Guidry, & Williams all have size that we didn't have last year & I believe all three are better & more reliable than Todd.

Todd dropped a ton of passes.

It's a loss, but just not a big one IMO

Steakonastick
07-09-2018, 06:07 PM
He’s lucky it’s not a hate crime.

Homedawg
07-09-2018, 06:17 PM

He screwed up. Bad. Jomo didn?t have a say.... gone from school.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Like others have said this was above JoeMo title. This was a school deal.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2018, 06:26 PM
It's incredible to me how 90% of our off field issues and problems with our football program are isolated to one position group.

BankerDog
07-09-2018, 06:29 PM
I don't understand why everyone labeled Todd "stone hands" from what I can remember he had one drop in the bowl game that's it. He was the only WR we had that could consistently get separation. Guy has one drop and he gets labeled "stone hands". Go figure.

msbulldog
07-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Don't know, so don't crucify me, this is just hypothetical! This could be several things:
1. Todd showed no remorse for his actions and is a bad influence in the locker room.
2. Moorhead is setting an early example for the whole team, "don't 17 up, if you do not only are you suspended, but you lost your scholarship.
3. Todd is getting processed, we don't have enough scholarships under the 85 limit to sign a full 25. We are 2 or 3 short, losing Todd frees up one. Moorhead can lose a this player in his first year to get another signee with no repercussions from the fanbase.
Hail State!

Homedawg
07-09-2018, 06:46 PM
I
Don't know, so don't crucify me, this is just hypothetical! This could be several things:
1. Todd showed no remorse for his actions and is a bad influence in the locker room.
2. Moorhead is setting an early example for the whole team, "don't 17 up, if you do not only are you suspended, but you lost your scholarship.
3. Todd is getting processed, we don't have enough scholarships under the 85 limit to sign a full 25. We are 2 or 3 short, losing Todd frees up one. Moorhead can lose a this player in his first year to get another signee with no repercussions from the fanbase.
Hail State!

Please read above. He was kicked out of school. Hard to play when you aren’t enrolled. Jomo didn’t have to make a choice. The university did it for him.

msbulldog
07-09-2018, 06:52 PM
I

Please read above. He was kicked out of school. Hard to play when you aren’t enrolled. Jomo didn’t have to make a choice. The university did it for him.

Read #2 please!

RocketDawg
07-09-2018, 06:54 PM

Good for JoMo.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Hail State!

0/3

RocketDawg
07-09-2018, 06:57 PM
I

Would the school kick him out before his day in court? Didn't the article say court date is July 12?

RiverCityDawg
07-09-2018, 06:57 PM
Read #2 please!

Read your own #2. They're telling you it wasn't JoMo's decision.

BiscuitEater
07-09-2018, 06:59 PM
I don't understand why everyone labeled Todd "stone hands" from what I can remember he had one drop in the bowl game that's it. He was the only WR we had that could consistently get separation. Guy has one drop and he gets labeled "stone hands". Go figure.

Apparently, you only tuned in to 3 minutes of the season. Todd had many, many drops and two critical fumbles. Watch the OM game. Watch the bowl game.

msbulldog
07-09-2018, 07:03 PM
0/3
hh
What! Show me which is wrong and be logical. You have sauces and all I have is 247!

wmccgc
07-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Seemed like Fitz really liked Todd, and talked him up a good bit. He did get separation, and had a huge TD against Arky, but he also had a lot of drops. First play of the Spring game he’s open deep, Thompson hits him in stride, and he drops it. How cool would it have been to start the JoMo era with a long bomb TD? But nah.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2018, 07:22 PM
**** it move on. You get removed as he did then he can **** off. Get guys on the field that want to do the right thing. They will produce more.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2018, 07:25 PM
**** it move on. You get removed as he did then he can **** off. Get guys on the field that want to do the right thing. They will produce more.

Boom. Couldn't agree more.

Todd was always more hope that reality. I think this makes us better. Whop can now shine.

Homedawg
07-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Would the school kick him out before his day in court? Didn't the article say court date is July 12?

He?s had his hearing and.... he gone.

NCDawg
07-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Apparently, you only tuned in to 3 minutes of the season. Todd had many, many drops and two critical fumbles. Watch the OM game. Watch the bowl game.

He may have some drops but he made a crucial catch for a TD in the Arkansas game. Tied the game in the 4th quarter and we went on to win.

Bully13
07-09-2018, 07:49 PM
He?s had his hearing and.... he gone.

Coffin meet Nail. If he seriously 17'd up, he gone. I'm still waiting for the final verdict, but on the onset , don't look good for Todd. If it's bad, real bad, don't won't him around any how. We got righteous WR's willing to roll.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Shit

Hate it for him and wish him the best but trust me, you wont miss him on the field. It was nut cutting time for him and he cut himself.

Jamal Couch is in the same boat

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Of the experienced WRs, he had the highest ceiling. His size and ability to be that X receiver for us was going to be needed this year. He had a really good spring, too. This is a huge blow.

Idk what you have watched or what spring you mention but he was not very good for us. Just being honest

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 08:10 PM
It's incredible to me how 90% of our off field issues and problems with our football program are isolated to one position group.

It was time for Todd to be a player or not. We have our answer. Waiting on Jamal Couch to answer the question too. Both of them have NFL size but waiting on the production

MaroonFlounder
07-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Idk what you have watched or what spring you mention but he was not very good for us. Just being honest

Ask Matt Wyatt who he thought was the guy that had the best chance to be the playmaker at wideout.

Goldendawg
07-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Our previous staff had troubles recruiting at the WR position. Seems like some were signed on upside based on size, athleticism, or had been a good basketball player and could make the switch to FB. We even had to once convert a TE to a LT because of poor recruiting. I would much rather have a young, talented WR that several programs wanted than waiting for the light to come on or "question to be answered" with on the field training at this position. I'm no coach, but I never understood him being the best choice for running back kickoffs either. JMO. Good luck to Reggie and may good come out of this situation.

Todd4State
07-09-2018, 09:13 PM
The main reason I'm disappointed is because of the possibility of him wearing the uniform number four.**

I don't trust our outside WR's other than Guidry, Williams, Whop, and Jesse Jackson. We will be fine. Couch and Mitchell are pretty much the same guy that Todd was.

Bdawg
07-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Ask Matt Wyatt who he thought was the guy that had the best chance to be the playmaker at wideout.

Just because he had the best chance to be the playmaker between him, Mitchell, and Couch doesn't make him a good player. He just happened to be the best of a not very good group. I think our 2 new x receivers will make him very forgettable. This doesn't mean I'm not pulling for Couch or Mitchell either. Just don't think they are that special or they would have shown it by now.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 09:31 PM

And if he said Reggie Todd thats his opinion. A wrong opinion, in my opinion.

See how that works?

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 09:33 PM

And he was nowhere close to our best WR this spring.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Just because he had the best chance to be the playmaker between him, Mitchell, and Couch doesn't make him a good player. He just happened to be the best of a not very good group. I think our 2 new x receivers will make him very forgettable. This doesn't mean I'm not pulling for Couch or Mitchell either. Just don't think they are that special or they would have shown it by now.

Exactly. This spring and season were nut cutting time for Couch and Todd. Todd made his bed now he has to lie in it. Maybe he comes back, I hope the best for him

Bothrops
07-09-2018, 10:23 PM
I have a feeling our passing game is gonna take a while to get going. It's an unproven group of receivers and Fitz needs more touch on the ball. Hopefully, he will be much improved there. Having said that, I'm not feeling overly confident about the Florida game.

Pit Bull
07-09-2018, 10:43 PM
I called this when it first happened.....my response....."next". Not that I like it and did feel Todd was going to make big strides this coming season, but could see that this was very serious and could cost him a season. Well....it did. And some of you on here lambasted me for predicting his departure.....think several told me they might suspend him for the SFA game and that would be it. So, now we will need Austin Williams to step it up big time. And Whop too! Time for them to shine!!

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2018, 10:50 PM
I called this when it first happened.....my response....."next". Not that I like it and did feel Todd was going to make big strides this coming season, but could see that this was very serious and could cost him a season. Well....it did. And some of you on here lambasted me for predicting his departure.....think several told me they might suspend him for the SFA game and that would be it. So, now we will need Austin Williams to step it up big time. And Whop too! Time for them to shine!!

I was one of the ones who said he would be gone for 1 game tops but turns out it must have been a lot worse than what was told to the public.

We will be ok. You are right. Next man up

justwin
07-09-2018, 10:53 PM

Those 3 & Osiris Mitchell

I seen it dawg
07-10-2018, 05:58 AM
My boy Osiris....just gets open and catches balls

msstate7
07-10-2018, 06:37 AM
My boy Osiris....just gets open and catches balls

He made some nice looking catches when given a shot

BrunswickDawg
07-10-2018, 07:45 AM

I just don't think this is going to be a problem. Jackson, Thomas, Mixon, Couch, Green, and Mitchell were all more productive last year. Todd had potential and size. Frees up more balls for for Williams, Whop, and Guidry.

thf24
07-10-2018, 08:02 AM

I was one of those, so congrats on guessing right. Still a very unusual situation without all the facts in the open. For a guy with no known behavior issues to get quickly and quietly processed out of school like this, either he did something downright depraved whose extent has been kept quiet thus far, or he got caught on the wrong end of something political. Football players without existing issues don't get punished for simply getting mad and slugging a guy at a party.

Bothrops
07-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Todd, despite drops, was faster than Mitchell, Couch, and Jackson. Thomas is speedy and can get open, but is smaller target for Fitz. Is Mixon going to be 100%? Williams looks promising, and we really need him to stay healthy. This brings us to Whop and Guidry, also new to elite safeties and corners. Can Fitz hit them in stride in week 3, against Florida db's? So I expect the passing game to be under serious scrutiny.

BB30
07-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Todd, despite drops, was faster than Mitchell, Couch, and Jackson. Thomas is speedy and can get open, but is smaller target for Fitz. Is Mixon going to be 100%? Williams looks promising, and we really need him to stay healthy. This brings us to Whop and Guidry, also new to elite safeties and corners. Can Fitz hit them in stride in week 3, against Florida db's? So I expect the passing game to be under serious scrutiny.

Don't forget the TEs. We have some good ones that can hopefully provide some safety nets for us early. As good as our defense should be they should buy us a bit of time to get the passing game rolling. I don't think we will have to score a ton of points to beat UF. Could be wrong but they don't have a bunch of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

RiverCityDawg
07-10-2018, 08:48 AM
I don't trust our outside WR's other than Guidry, Williams, Whop, and Jesse Jackson. We will be fine. Couch and Mitchell are pretty much the same guy that Todd was.

Agree, except the staff had settled in with Williams as a slot guy. Clearly they think that's his best position since they moved him there and kept him there despite more proven guys at that position. I think Williams has the size and speed to be fine on the outside, but if they move him outside they would clearly be doing it to fix deficiencies there as opposed to doing it because it makes us better than we were when Todd was still on the team.

Just something to keep in mind for folks that are talking about Williams as a solution to the outside receiver problem. If Williams stays at the slot when the season arrives it will either be because they are just trying to get the best guys on the field or because they don't think Williams can play outside. It will be interesting to see what happens with Williams and a clue as to what the staff thinks about this position.

DogsofAnarchy
07-10-2018, 09:01 AM

This is not a HUGE blow. We have better WR’s on our team and this really clears up the depth chart a little. It’s not like you’re losing someone who has produced before. As far as potential goes, it’s like assumptions....the mother of all **** ups!!

CadaverDawg
07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
If this was last year at this time it would be pretty concerning just due to the number of bodies we had at WR. But this year, we have some talented young guys that may now have a chance to make a bigger impact from day 1. Truth be told, Reggie was still a major work in progress, but I liked his experience from last year....now we just have guys with more talent but less experience, so it will probably end up being a good thing long term for us at WR. I just hope these young guys are ready to step up in prime time right away. Big ask, but big talents too.

Johnson85
07-10-2018, 09:26 AM
He screwed up. Bad. Jomo didn?t have a say.... gone from school.

So is what happened public? Simple assault covers a wide range of behavior that on the low end deserves a slap on the wrist and on the high end deserves kicking out of school.

I assume he either beat the shit out of somebody, or beat up somebody where there was a big discrepency in size/strength? Or was part of ganging up on one person?

And this wasn't the typical, one or two swing fight at a party that was broken up?

BiscuitEater
07-10-2018, 09:30 AM
He may have some drops but he made a crucial catch for a TD in the Arkansas game. Tied the game in the 4th quarter and we went on to win.

Drop against OM 'went on to lose' game. Drop and fumble against Cards 'almost lost the game.'

Todd had 14 catches in 13 games .. ONE TD in 13 games .. threw ONE pass and it was intercepted!

If we CAN'T overcome loss of Todd, we have BIG problems!

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Agree, except the staff had settled in with Williams as a slot guy. Clearly they think that's his best position since they moved him there and kept him there despite more proven guys at that position. I think Williams has the size and speed to be fine on the outside, but if they move him outside they would clearly be doing it to fix deficiencies there as opposed to doing it because it makes us better than we were when Todd was still on the team.

Just something to keep in mind for folks that are talking about Williams as a solution to the outside receiver problem. If Williams stays at the slot when the season arrives it will either be because they are just trying to get the best guys on the field or because they don't think Williams can play outside. It will be interesting to see what happens with Williams and a clue as to what the staff thinks about this position.

I like Austin in the slot. That way we can get Guidry and Whop on the field all at the same time. And unless I'm mistaken Austin caught his touchdown on the spring game from the slot.

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Drop against OM 'went on to lose' game. Drop and fumble against Cards 'almost lost the game.'

Todd had 14 catches in 13 games .. ONE TD in 13 games .. threw ONE pass and it was intercepted!

If we CAN'T overcome loss of Todd, we have BIG problems!

That pass was pretty bad. No idea why we called that against UMass.

Dawg61
07-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Todd is a good player. This sucks. Hope he comes back next year. Y'all act like none of you have ever gotten in a fight before.

chef dixon
07-10-2018, 01:09 PM
0/3

You might as well delete your account if you get this reply from ifyouonlyknew

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Todd is a good player. This sucks. Hope he comes back next year. Y'all act like none of you have ever gotten in a fight before.

Todd is not a good player. He has potential. Major difference.

The only reason anyone cares about this is because we currently don't have a number 1 WR & everyone wants as many options as possible for someone to become that.

If Guidry, Whop, or Williams becomes that #1, no one will care about this.

Dawg61
07-10-2018, 02:33 PM

The only reason anyone cares about this is because we currently don't have a number 1 WR & everyone wants as many options as possible for someone to become that.

If he's not a good player than it should be easy for you to find some freshman WRs under Mullen to have more than 14 catches. Eagerly waiting to find this extensive list you'll discover. Todd can still return and have 3 years eligibility remaining. Maybe you should chill on being a dick for a bit.

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 02:49 PM
If he's not a good player than it should be easy for you to find some freshman WRs under Mullen to have more than 14 catches. Eagerly waiting to find this extensive list you'll discover. Todd can still return and have 3 years eligibility remaining. Maybe you should chill on being a dick for a bit.

Why are you angry & calling people names? If you aren't intelligent enough to debate without calling names, then maybe you should step aside for a while.

Todd has already redshirted & would only have two years left. As for a red shirt FR or younger with greater than 14 catches in the Mullen tenure

Bumphis with 32 in 2009
O'Neal Wilder with 14 in 2009
Wilson with 26 in 2013
Gabe Myles with 22 in 2014
Dear with 23 in 2015
Mixon with 20 in 2016
Reggie Todd with 14 in 2017 on a team with Mixon, Dear, Gray, & Myles injured. So you could say his 14 were possibly by default

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 02:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CGtsfZp.jpg

Dawg61
07-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Why are you angry & calling people names? If you aren't intelligent enough to debate without calling names, then maybe you should step aside for a while.

Because you are being a jerk to a player that has 3 years left and is going through something difficult right now. No need for you to pile on him. At least wait till you know he's not returning.

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Because you are being a jerk to a player that has 3 years left and is going through something difficult right now. No need for you to pile on him. At least wait till you know he's not returning.

I hope he does return. I really do, but he's replaceable this year.

Simmer down.

Does me making him sound irreplaceable help him through his current situation?

I'm not seeing the correlation.

RiverCityDawg
07-10-2018, 03:25 PM
I like Austin in the slot. That way we can get Guidry and Whop on the field all at the same time. And unless I'm mistaken Austin caught his touchdown on the spring game from the slot.

I agree. Yes, Austin played the entire spring game in the slot the coaches said they were going to keep him there exclusively. We'll see if that changes now. I hope we can keep him there and others step up outside.

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 03:27 PM
I'm super excited that this will allow Whop to get on the field more.

I love his hands & believe he'll be reliable to catch the ball.

Dawg61
07-10-2018, 03:31 PM
I hope he does return. I really do, but he's replaceable this year.

Simmer down.

Does me making him sound irreplaceable help him through his current situation?

I'm not seeing the correlation.

This is a better post. The players are well aware of this site by now.

thf24
07-10-2018, 03:37 PM

He does in fact only have two years left after this one. His 5-year clock started in 2016, and I doubt the NCAA will accept being suspended from school for a semester as grounds for an extension.

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 03:39 PM
That pass was pretty bad. No idea why we called that against UMass.

Because Dan invented FB, especially on the O side of the ball. Remember the great call for a fake punt deep in our own territory against AU and what a great pass Cooke threw? Btw, with all the depth with had at RB and some at DB, was Reggie really our best of two to run back KO's?

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 03:47 PM

Of the three, Couch, Mitchell, and Todd, weren't two "found" and picked up, and signed after the regular signing day? I think Mitchell has previously signed a BB scholarship with New Mexico, maybe. I would hope some of the young guys were signed for more than just height and potential at the WR position. Not saying diamonds with potential can't sometimes shine. I hate it for Todd, hope Couch and Mitchell are ready to shine, and Whop and Guidry are ready to step up as Kylin tweeted. With a improved air attack and our already tough running attack, we can be much "Hail". Go State!

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 03:56 PM
I'm super excited that this will allow Whop to get on the field more.

I love his hands & believe he'll be reliable to catch the ball.

This is high praise but his frame and catch radius really remind me of Eric Moulds. And thats no shit

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 04:10 PM
This is high praise but his frame and catch radius really remind me of Eric Moulds. And thats no shit

Agree but Moulds had lighter feet and was a little more agile.

I think Whop will be legit but more in the Derrunya Wilson with a little more speed and vertical ball skills style than a Moulds type player.

I seen it dawg
07-10-2018, 04:12 PM

He's not going through something difficult...He did enough to get KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL! **** that guy. He's too stupid to play for us. Bye.

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Agree but Moulds had lighter feet and was a little more agile.

I think Whop will be legit but more in the Derrunya Wilson with a little more speed and vertical ball skills style than a Moulds type player.

He is way faster and so much further ahead than Bear Wilson was right now I dont even think you can compare the two. Moulds was a go up and get it guy. Whop is much of the same.

Whop is much more of an athlete than Bear was

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2018, 04:25 PM
He is way faster and so much further ahead than Bear Wilson was right now I dont even think you can compare the two. Moulds was a go up and get it guy. Whop is much of the same.

Whop is much more of an athlete than Bear was

Agree with all of the above. Was just talking about his style.

Think about this. Moulds played in the NFL at 6'2" 210 lbs. In the Spring, Whop was already 6'3" 215.

Whereas Moulds was a freak deep threat & athlete, I view Whop as more of an Alshon Jeffrey type that wins one on one battles with size, strength, & vertical ball skills rather than speed. Whop may be 220 by the time the Fall roster comes out & he's a true freshman

Look at Moulds' lower half. He's significantly wirier & leaner than Whop. Whop will be a house on the field. We need Guidry to take the top off of it

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/college-football-mississippi-state-eric-moulds-in-action-vs-memphis-picture-id81862277

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Agree with all of the above. Was just talking about his style.

Think about this. Moulds played in the NFL at 6'2" 210 lbs. In the Spring, Whop was already 6'3" 215.

Whereas Moulds was a freak deep threat & athlete, I view Whop as more of an Alshon Jeffrey type that wins one on one battles with size, strength, & vertical ball skills rather than speed. Whop may be 220 by the time the Fall roster comes out & he's a true freshman

Look at Moulds' lower half. He's significantly wirier & leaner than Whop. Whop will be a house on the field. We need Guidry to take the top off of it

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/college-football-mississippi-state-eric-moulds-in-action-vs-memphis-picture-id81862277

I agree with that. Good summary Gun

I seen it dawg
07-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Man Moulds was fun to watch

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 06:17 PM

When Taite would throw to him.

msbulldog
07-10-2018, 06:29 PM
You might as well delete your account if you get this reply from ifyouonlyknew

Maybe not, I made my post before I knew that Todd was expelled instead of suspended. That made my 3 points moot and illogical. As far as IYOK, I respect his information and opinion on this board and others.

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 07:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CGtsfZp.jpg

:o

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 07:08 PM
Because Dan invented FB, especially on the O side of the ball. Remember the great call for a fake punt deep in our own territory against AU and what a great pass Cooke threw? Btw, with all the depth with had at RB and some at DB, was Reggie really our best of two to run back KO's?

Ah yes. Dan the man who always fakes a punt inside of his own 30. Where you should almost never fake a punt. Second part of your question- probably not.

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Of the three, Couch, Mitchell, and Todd, weren't two "found" and picked up, and signed after the regular signing day? I think Mitchell has previously signed a BB scholarship with New Mexico, maybe. I would hope some of the young guys were signed for more than just height and potential at the WR position. Not saying diamonds with potential can't sometimes shine. I hate it for Todd, hope Couch and Mitchell are ready to shine, and Whop and Guidry are ready to step up as Kylin tweeted. With a improved air attack and our already tough running attack, we can be much "Hail". Go State!

Todd and Mitchell were. And that was after the spring game when Dan all of a sudden realized that we had no length. Even more embarrassing- our top WR last year was a TE that we moved to WR. How often does that happen?

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Best WR I've ever seen at MSU. So far. People forget about some of his catches like the one he had on fourth down against Tennessee in 1994 that set up the win. And Todd Jordan to Moulds on a flea flicker is one of my all time favorite Egg Bowl plays.

MaroonFlounder
07-10-2018, 08:20 PM
And he was nowhere close to our best WR this spring.

The only proven receivers are SLOT guys. You saying Todd was not the best wideout? Maybe Jessie Jackson? Guidry was out and Whop still learning routes as a Freshman. Couch? Osirus?

Todd seemed to get better separation than any of them. Hands were the question.

starkvegasdawg
07-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Best WR I've ever seen at MSU. So far. People forget about some of his catches like the one he had on fourth down against Tennessee in 1994 that set up the win. And Todd Jordan to Moulds on a flea flicker is one of my all time favorite Egg Bowl plays.

Still pisses me off Taite virtually refused to throw to him that last season. Heard a rumor after that peach bowl the OL beat the unholy hell out of him for refusing to get over Moulds banging his gf and costing us that game.

Todd4State
07-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Still pisses me off Taite virtually refused to throw to him that last season. Heard a rumor after that peach bowl the OL beat the unholy hell out of him for refusing to get over Moulds banging his gf and costing us that game.

If I knew about that I would have joined in with the OL. Taite wouldn't have noticed between the concussion from the OL and being stoned but I would have felt better.

That 1994 Peach Bowl was bitter for me because at that time I had never seen MSU win a bowl game and that team was one of my favorites. They deserved a bowl win and for it to be taken away from them because of something petty sucks. If I was Taite I would have banged one of Moulds girlfriends and been done with it.

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Todd and Mitchell were. And that was after the spring game when Dan all of a sudden realized that we had no length. Even more embarrassing- our top WR last year was a TE that we moved to WR. How often does that happen?

How often dies that happen? Wasn't Dan also our HC when TE Rufus Warren was moved to starting SEC LT his Senior year? If my memory serves me correctly, I rest my case on Dan's and the Country Club's lack of SEC level recruiting at WR (most of his tenure) and LT (sometimes).

Goldendawg
07-10-2018, 10:04 PM

The story regarding Taite's gf and refusal to throw to Moulds was well known by many. I was at the game and we should have won.

BuckyIsAB****
07-11-2018, 01:23 PM
The only proven receivers are SLOT guys. You saying Todd was not the best wideout? Maybe Jessie Jackson? Guidry was out and Whop still learning routes as a Freshman. Couch? Osirus?

Todd seemed to get better separation than any of them. Hands were the question.

Slot is a WR position so. Todd wasnt close to our best X/Z guy Whop, Jesse Jackson are both better and much more consistent. Jackson isnt gonna blow you away but he isnt gonna blow an assignment or turn it over in the clutch either. Couch was/is in the same boat as Todd. Mitchell hasnt gotten enough reps to know but he has played decent in the games he has been in. Had a big catch vs Bama if I remember right.

Whop was better than Todd when he signed his LOI

99jc
07-11-2018, 05:04 PM

Taite was banging the Kangs daughter and.....need I say more. and you are correct he did refuse to throw to moulds.

msbulldog
07-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Taite was banging the Kangs daughter and.....need I say more. and you are correct he did refuse to throw to moulds.

99jc, kinda guy I could drink a beer with, NOT!