PDA

View Full Version : Vic Shaffer signs a new 4 year contract. Boom.

Lord McBuckethead
07-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Boom again.

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2018, 03:42 PM
1.5 mil + per year. Wow

Lord McBuckethead
07-09-2018, 04:06 PM
That's a pretty good commitment right there. I am sure all of Starkville is happy to have another sporting event bringing that many fans into town every game.

mparkerfd20
07-09-2018, 04:20 PM
1.5 mil + per year. Wow

That has to be one of the top 3-4 salaries for women's bball I'd think.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2018, 04:27 PM
That has to be one of the top 3-4 salaries for women's bball I'd think.

It put him over Dawn Staley. She got bumped to 1.4 mil after winning the National Championship. Not sure how many are higher...Auriema maybe?

CadaverDawg
07-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Here's the terms for Vic's new deal. That's big money

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhsGd33UYAAno8c?format=jpg&name=900x900

bostondawg
07-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Fantastic and deserving. FYI Gary Blair makes 800k.

Bully13
07-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Winning!!! Didn't realize The Kang had sent Stricklin a letter advising him to hire Vic. Long Live The Kang!!

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-09-2018, 05:34 PM
I ran across this several days ago....

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2018/jun/20/wiedmer-no-crime-and-no-traffic-music-ears-ms/473448/

dparker
07-09-2018, 05:35 PM
What is the buy out? Seems to me that is the most important number.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Looks like that puts Vic at #3

1. Auriema
2. Kramer Robertson's Mom
3. Vic
4. Staley

Ari Gold
07-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Winning!!! Didn't realize The Kang had sent Stricklin a letter advising him to hire Vic. Long Live The Kang!!

That?s not surprise at all. Everyone saw what happens when SS went rouge and made a hire. I give you Rick Ray

msbulldog
07-09-2018, 05:48 PM
That mean ass blonde from Baylor, Kim Mulkey gets 1.8M. Don't know what the current NC coach from Notre Dame makes. Geno from UCONN makes 2.4M. Don't know what Gary Blair makes at aTm makes, but the aggies got lots of moola, ref: Jimbo Fisher.
Vic's right up there wit the best of them! Hail State! Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs!

Bully13
07-09-2018, 05:52 PM
What is the buy out? Seems to me that is the most important number.

ready Lumpy's link above your post and you'll see why not to be too worried about Vic's buy out.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2018/jun/20/wiedmer-no-crime-and-no-traffic-music-ears-ms/473448/

A few weeks back, fairly certain his job was secure after guiding the Mississippi State women's basketball team to back-to-back NCAA championship games the past two seasons, Bulldogs coach Vic Schaefer bought an 80-acre plot of land near Starkville, complete with a 20-acre lake.

Apparently fearing his success might prompt Schaefer to look elsewhere, many Mississippi State supporters since have come up to him to let him know how happy they are to hear their 57-year-old coach isn't planning to go elsewhere for more money.

RocketDawg
07-09-2018, 07:04 PM
It put him over Dawn Staley. She got bumped to 1.4 mil after winning the National Championship. Not sure how many are higher...Auriema maybe?

I googled a few months ago and Gino is right at $2M.

If Staley is worth $1.4M, Vic is worth $14M ....

Bully13
07-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Whatever Rick Ray was making , take it and multiply it by 10 and There you Go for Vic. Nuff Said. (per Stan Lee)

99jc
07-10-2018, 08:38 AM
when Gary leaves. STFU! Vic knows that he built this team into NATIONAL POWER. he is not going anywhere. HAIL STATE!

Homedawg
07-10-2018, 02:54 PM
ready Lumpy's link above your post and you'll see why not to be too worried about Vic's buy out.

A few weeks back, fairly certain his job was secure after guiding the Mississippi State women's basketball team to back-to-back NCAA championship games the past two seasons, Bulldogs coach Vic Schaefer bought an 80-acre plot of land near Starkville, complete with a 20-acre lake.

Apparently fearing his success might prompt Schaefer to look elsewhere, many Mississippi State supporters since have come up to him to let him know how happy they are to hear their 57-year-old coach isn't planning to go elsewhere for more money.

If he has zero intentions of not going anywhere why did he refuse to sign the new contract when jc put a large buyout in it?? His one has a buyout but nowhere near what was in the original one put in front of him. Now maybe he won’t leave when Blair leaves, but to say it’s not possible is just ludicrous.

Dawg2003
07-10-2018, 03:44 PM
If he has zero intentions of not going anywhere why did he refuse to sign the new contract when jc put a large buyout in it?? His one has a buyout but nowhere near what was in the original one put in front of him. Now maybe he won’t leave when Blair leaves, but to say it’s not possible is just ludicrous.

Where did you hear about the first buyout? I do think Texas A&M will come for him at some point, but are they willing to offer as much money as we are? Are they that invested in women’s basketball? Schaefer buying the land seems to me like he’s more intent on staying than anything. Had no idea Cohen asks his coaches to end press conferences with Hail State.

DawgFromOxford
07-10-2018, 05:12 PM
I think if A&M ever really wants him they will come get him. That place is like a cult. Plus they could offer more than us (will they? who knows but they could if they wanted to). Buying the land doesn't say to me he will be here forever. If he envisions he will be here for another 5-10 years why not buy a place that you'll enjoy spending time at. It's not like A&M wouldn't buy it off of him should he ever take a job there. I think Vic is here to stay unless A&M comes calling with a respectable offer.

Bully13
07-10-2018, 05:27 PM
I think if A&M ever really wants him they will come get him. That place is like a cult. Plus they could offer more than us (will they? who knows but they could if they wanted to). Buying the land doesn't say to me he will be here forever. If he envisions he will be here for another 5-10 years why not buy a place that you'll enjoy spending time at. It's not like A&M wouldn't buy it off of him should he ever take a job there. I think Vic is here to stay unless A&M comes calling with a respectable offer.

Back to Back Title games, New 4 year contract coupled with an 80 acre plot purchase and we still gotta put up with these types of shit posts.

StarkVegasSteve
07-11-2018, 10:25 AM
If it was anyone but A&M there'd be no cause for concern, but they've shown time and time again they'll just throw money to get what they want. Plus, he's an A&M alum and as much as people say that doesn't matter it does. Especially at a place like A&M.

BeardoMSU
07-11-2018, 10:39 AM

A&M is definitely a cult. It's bizarre.

99jc
07-11-2018, 11:00 AM

nm