PDA

View Full Version : Sports year for MSU

DownwardDawg
07-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Man, it?s been a hell of a year for MSU athletics. I know someone posted a thread a while back, but could one of you smart dudes give us a compilation of how we did the past year with sports vs our rivals up north? Baseball 1 hit from playing for a natty. Girls basketball plays for a natty? Tennis? Men?s basketball plays in NIT FINAL FOUR. Football 8-4 with a New Year?s Day bowl win against the heisman winner, etc....

Cohen seems to be kicking ass!!!

Bothrops
07-08-2018, 11:17 PM
Yeah, this has gone mostly unsung by the media, and it's an unprecedented success within this state. It's remarkable, and great for the future of MSU athletics.

dickiedawg
07-09-2018, 08:20 AM
The best part is that with the exception of women?s basketball, every team has the bulk of its roster back and has higher expectations next year.

sleepy dawg
07-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Now think back to how much you enjoyed each of those sports as the season was going. One thing I've really learned to do over the past couple of years is enjoy the seasons as they're happening and learning to be happy with knowing we're doing our best to be the best we can be. Baseball and Basketball started off so poorly and many fans didn't even support those teams until post season, and some still never really supported basketball because they said the NIT was a waste of time. After getting walloped by Auburn in football and being 3-2 many fans thought we sucked at football and just assumed LSU must be terrible and that win meant nothing. But as you stated, the season as a whole was pretty good, getting us to 9-4 with losses 2 of those 4 losses to bama and georgia (no one thought georgia was that good when they beat us) and a loss to ole miss only after they broke our QBs ankle.

My point is, and I apologize for the preachy-ass post, that I feel many of our fans didn't even really enjoy this year as it was happening outside of women's basketball. It was only after looking back that they realized it was good.... anyway, carry on.