PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Bama/MSU 2017 game on SECN.

Lance Harbor
07-08-2018, 10:28 AM
What is the rule if a WR goes out of bounds and comes back in and makes the catch? (See Calvin Ridley 61 yd catch)

BulldogDX55
07-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Either illegal touching or Touchdowns alabama, depending on if the check clears or not.

LC Dawg
07-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Rule #1 is Bama wins. Rule #1 overrules all other rules.

dantheman4248
07-08-2018, 10:54 AM
The worst part about this play isn’t the fact that the refs missed the call. I can understand missing someone step out. The worst part is, the ref threw his hat down. He actively knew and saw it. He knew the rule. AND HE STILL IGNORED IT.

Was very frustrating watching in person. Even more frustrating watching this rerun.

Lance Harbor
07-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Thought so. Saw the hat. Terrible.

The worst part about this play isn’t the fact that the refs missed the call. I can understand missing someone step out. The worst part is, the ref threw his hat down. He actively knew and saw it. He knew the rule. AND HE STILL IGNORED IT.

Was very frustrating watching in person. Even more frustrating watching this rerun.

Bully13
07-08-2018, 11:33 AM

Scrong 1st post, way scrong. Welcome and well done sir.

KOdawg1
07-08-2018, 11:36 AM

I never noticed that. I'm pissed again

KOdawg1
07-08-2018, 11:38 AM
That was a hell of a game though. Our guys came out, punched them in the mouth, and almost got it done. Gutsy effort by our bunch and I couldn't have been more proud.

Screw Bama and their refs tho

TUSK
07-08-2018, 12:23 PM
REC doin' werk.

maroonmania
07-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Exactly, that one ref illegitimized the whole game. I will never watch that game again because of that. Pretty obvious to me the ref was going to call Ridley out of bounds as he should have UNTIL he saw the result of the play. After that, THEN he just ignored the fact the WR ran himself out of bounds and all was well for the SEC.

confucius say
07-08-2018, 12:37 PM

He ruled he was forced out instead of going out on his own. Rosebowl was standing right by him when the official spoke to the Head Ref after the play. Said the official was saying "I got a force out."

Ari Gold
07-08-2018, 12:45 PM
And Dan informs Cohen the next morning that he will not be returning next year ..
Should have replaced his ****ing ass at that moment.
Slept walked thru Arky and zero preparation for the egg bowl

maroonmania
07-08-2018, 12:56 PM
He ruled he was forced out instead of going out on his own. Rosebowl was standing right by him when the official spoke to the Head Ref after the play. Said the official was saying "I got a force out."

EXACTLY, it was the only call he could make AFTER the play ended to let it stand given he had thrown his cap down. Of course this was after he was looking right up the boundary where it would have been obvious from his vantage point that there was never any contact between Peters and Ridley. Just a dirty biased call.

Lord McBuckethead
07-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Exactly, that one ref illegitimized the whole game. I will never watch that game again because of that. Pretty obvious to me the ref was going to call Ridley out of bounds as he should have UNTIL he saw the result of the play. After that, THEN he just ignored the fact the WR ran himself out of bounds and all was well for the SEC.

I saw him run out of bounds from the upper deck on the east side. Easily 250 yards from play. Magically replay never had a good angle to show it either.

Lance Harbor
07-08-2018, 01:34 PM
Yep, def went out on his own. (55 second mark)

https://youtu.be/6ZGxh5WxiQ0?t=1m1s

I saw him run out of bounds from the upper deck on the east side. Easily 250 yards from play. Magically replay never had a good angle to show it either.

MarketingBully
07-08-2018, 01:48 PM
It was illegal touching and shouldn’t have been a completion. He wasn’t forced out of bounds on either of those plays. Dan should have challenged that play and he would have won. The other illegal touching play they had to call on a review also ironically to see if Ridley caught a ball. On the long completion that led to a touchdown when Ridley stepped out of bounds you could see our secondary let up. That’s exactly how he got open was going out of bounds. But I digress. We should have gone for it on 4th and 1 down near the goal line when they got a running into the kicker penalty. Instead, we let the field goal stand and only were up a TD. It’s a different game if we get a TD there 28-17 vs 24-17. We were gashing them running the football too. But Dan went conservative instead of balls to the wall. When you are facing Saban, you have to take chances and go balls to the wall there. Dan was never good in games that mattered like that. He won the games he should of won and lost most of the games he should of lost. That’s why I’m very suspect on how good he will be at Florida.

MarketingBully
07-08-2018, 01:51 PM

Should of been challenged by Dan. Surely our coaches not only saw him go out of bounds but saw the ref with his hat off. That is challengable play.

MarketingBully
07-08-2018, 01:55 PM

Funny that our guy never touched him. Ridley had a penchant of going out of bounds too when Hurts started scrambling. He had two illegal touching situations. One was seen by the refs and one was caught on replay. The only one that was called was caught on replay.

maroonmania
07-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Should of been challenged by Dan. Surely our coaches not only saw him go out of bounds but saw the ref with his hat off. That is challengable play.

I'm not sure that is reviewable. I don't think I've ever seen a WR out of bounds play reviewed but I'm not sure on the rule. Receiver being "forced out" is normally a judgement call for the most part so I'm not sure you could challenge that. Maybe someone is more up on the rules than me. Of course, on that play with Ridley, since he was never touched at all, then the call should have been black and white that it was illegal touching.

bostondawg
07-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Yep, I don't think you can review whether a receiver was forced out or not.

TUSK
07-08-2018, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure that is reviewable. I don't think I've ever seen a WR out of bounds play reviewed but I'm not sure on the rule. Receiver being "forced out" is normally a judgement call for the most part so I'm not sure you could challenge that. Maybe someone is more up on the rules than me. Of course, on that play with Ridley, since he was never touched at all, then the call should have been black and white that it was illegal touching.

I'm pretty sure all of this^ is correct.

TUSK
07-08-2018, 02:18 PM

What Dan should have said to the officials:

"How in the hell could the WR been forced out of bounds when we don't have anyone out there that can get close enough to touch him?!"

MarketingBully
07-08-2018, 02:45 PM

It?s reviewable. There are a few penalties that can be reviewable or called on replay: illegal touching, 12 men on the field, ineligible receiver down field, and illegal forward pass are a few that can be called on replay. Basically the ones that aren?t judgement calls. Why do you think they called the illegal touching penalty on Ridley when he made the catch on the review later in the game?

RocketDawg
07-08-2018, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure all of this^ is correct.

It was a very fortuitous judgement call ....

lastmajordog
07-08-2018, 07:45 PM
I think LSU gets WAY too much grief about game changing bogus calls....Bama through the years.....During the Felker years had a receiver ruled out on a catch late at Bham I think ..(Horrible call).... Sherrill?s first year I think had our great receiver on the right side had his jersey grabbed (one camera showed the jersey stretched way out) and didn?t allow sleepy to pass so he got rushed and lost on the goal line.... The helmet to the head on a return in Mullet?s years, .....on and on......truth hurts....you can?t play to lose playing Bama....you have to beat them straight up....plus BAMA will NEVER GET CALLED FOR OFFENSIVE LINE HOLDING in a big game...it ain?t happening....JMHO and observation.....

Pit Bull
07-08-2018, 10:27 PM
The worst part about this play isn?t the fact that the refs missed the call. I can understand missing someone step out. The worst part is, the ref threw his hat down. He actively knew and saw it. He knew the rule. AND HE STILL IGNORED IT.

Had it been only a 5 yd gain or less, he would have called it. Since it was a huge play for BAMA, he let it go.

shrimp
07-08-2018, 11:50 PM
What is the rule if a WR goes out of bounds and comes back in and makes the catch? (See Calvin Ridley 61 yd catch)

I hate you. I've always hated you. Now I hate you more. Perge!

justwin
07-09-2018, 10:57 PM
All scoring plays can be reviewed and it wasn't. Total bogus

TUSK
07-10-2018, 12:00 AM
All scoring plays can be reviewed and it wasn't. Total bogus

The play in question was not a “scoring play”. Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

Furthermore, that play was early 2nd QTR & had no influence on the lack of MSU DL Depth that was the true cause of the game’s outcome.

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2018, 12:04 AM
The play in question was not a “scoring play”. Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

Furthermore, that play was early 2nd QTR & had no influence on the lack of MSU DL Depth that was the true cause of the game’s outcome.

Ridley did play well but yall did catch a break with that one play. But you are correct one play hardly ever determines the outcome of a game.

I think that game turned when yall scored and tied it and we didnt answer with even a decent drive to give our defense a break.

Mullen pulled the Mullen and tucked his tail and played not to lose.

TUSK
07-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Ridley did play well but yall did catch a break with that one play. But you are correct one play hardly ever determines the outcome of a game.

I think that game turned when yall scored and tied it and we didnt answer with even a decent drive to give our defense a break.

Mullen pulled the Mullen and tucked his tail and played not to lose.

All of this is correct.

Bammer's 4th (or 5th) team RB ran at will late in that game....

I fully understand that the REC, SEC, Illuminati, NWO, etc are all out to protect Bammer, but (IMO) they didn't need any help in the 4th... That quarter was a bloodbath.

justwin
07-10-2018, 07:48 AM
The play in question was not a ?scoring play?. Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

Furthermore, that play was early 2nd QTR & had no influence on the lack of MSU DL Depth that was the true cause of the game?s outcome.

You are incorrect. It was a scoring play. Further, a runner or pass receiver ruled in or out of bounds is reviewable as is a legal forward pass touched by an ineligible pass catcher. So, 3 rules were disregarded and not even considered as the officials immediately set the ball for the extra point. It was classic bama preferences.

That bogus call is why bama won the game, not any other opinions on dl, etc

LC Dawg
07-10-2018, 08:47 AM
It's always nice to read the Bama fans condescending posts about Mississippi State on the Mississippi State board. Please tell us more about how you guys are so much better than us.
I have to purposely click on an Ole Miss board to see those ****ers shit on Mississippi State so at least I have a choice there.

Pollodawg
07-10-2018, 01:14 PM
It's always nice to read the Bama fans condescending posts about Mississippi State on the Mississippi State board. Please tell us more about how you guys are so much better than us.
I have to purposely click on an Ole Miss board to see those ****ers shit on Mississippi State so at least I have a choice there.

Meh, he?s alright most of the time. Even his backhanded swipes at MSU, which he thinks are cleverly concealed but aren?t, aren?t even that bad most of the time.

thf24
07-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Additionally, the official threw his hat way before Hurts (who was running for his life) threw the ball to an uncoverable WR.

What does the timing have to do with the fact that the hat was thrown and then the crew effectively pretended it wasn't afterwards?