PDA

View Full Version : Stovall's first two professional at bats

MetEdDawg
07-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Two 2 run homers.

I have a suspicion that he's going to have a sneaky good career. He's a good defender, has power potential that can be tapped in to, and can hit for average.

VandelayIndustries
07-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Awesome. A great Diamond Dawg

Todd4State
07-07-2018, 09:33 PM
To make it he'll have to do like David Eckstein and hit at every level. If he does switch to catcher it may give him a better chance of making it.

MarketingBully
07-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Speaking of catcher, I’m excited about getting Hayden Jones and seeing what he can do next year. I think he will start for us right out of the gate. Here’s a kid who had a chance to go in the top 10 rounds out of high school (and he did get calls) but the money was not big enough for him to go pro. Who was the last catcher we had that could potentially go in the top three rounds of the draft after their junior year? It’s been a long long time. I think since Ed Easley. I think this kid is potentially that good.

KOdawg1
07-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Two 2 run homers.

I have a suspicion that he's going to have a sneaky good career. He's a good defender, has power potential that can be tapped in to, and can hit for average.

Jose Altuve comes to mind when I think of a player to compare Hunter's game to.

MarketingBully
07-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Two 2 run homers.

I’m excited for Hunter. I think he made the right decision to go ahead and start his career.

Howboutdemdogs
07-08-2018, 05:37 AM
Amazing debut!

msbulldog
07-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Good luck Hunter, you're a scrapper! You'll get 'er done!

bhamdawgfan
07-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Lol. Pump the brakes. He homered twice in rookie ball against a starter for Wright State last season.

Why Altuve besides being undersized? I like Stovall's game but he has a long way to go before being compared to an AL MVP and 4x batting champion.

dawgs
07-08-2018, 03:25 PM

He doesn't have altuve's wheels though. Imo he's more of a pedroia type IF everything breaks right for him. .300 avg, teens power, 20ish SBs, undersized and scrappy.

KOdawg1
07-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Lol. Pump the brakes. He homered twice in rookie ball against a starter for Wright State last season.

Why Altuve besides being undersized? I like Stovall's game but he has a long way to go before being compared to an AL MVP and 4x batting champion.

I didn't say he'd be the next Jose Altuve buddy..

-yes, they're both small
-they both hit for average
-Hunter has sneaky power. Let's see how it translates to pro ball. So far, so good
-Both really good defenders.

Again, he's not going to be the next Altuve. But he's got many of the same characteristics

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Stovall is 7 of 9 at the plate in his first 2 pro games with Grand Junction.

msstate7
07-09-2018, 05:59 AM
Stovall is 7 of 9 at the plate in his first 2 pro games with Grand Junction.

He'll probably be moved to A ball soon. A+ is when we'll start to see what he has imo