PDA

View Full Version : SEC Now Showing Great MSU Stories (Not)

Goldendawg
07-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Just finished watching UNM/MSU Egg Bowl 2017 on SEC Network, or the art of tackling high/low while one player takes out the ankles and not just Fitz. Also can be referred to as the AJ/Speaks non-sportsmanship show. It is now followed by the Sly Croome show. Wow!

BorneDawg
07-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Just finished watching UNM/MSU Egg Bowl, 2017, or the art of tackling high/while one player takes out the ankles and not just Fitz. Also can be referred to as the AJ/Spears non-sportsmanship show. It is now followed by the Sly Croome show. Wow!

Not only was that a cheap shot on Fitz but they tried to take it Keaton later with same tomahawk swing at ankle

Pollodawg
07-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Uuuugh. The Croom documentary is the worst. So glad I don’t have to listen to him talk about how great Bama was and how nobody and nothing MSU was. He claimed he turned down the State job at first because he didn’t want to be a token. He was willing to be a token at Bama. He didn’t give a single, solitary shit about State. He always thought he was too good for here.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Uuuugh. The Croom documentary is the worst. So glad I don?t have to listen to him talk about how great Bama was and how nobody and nothing MSU was. He claimed he turned down the State job at first because he didn?t want to be a token. He was willing to be a token at Bama. He didn?t give a single, solitary shit about State. He always thought he was too good for here.

I have a feeling that is what a Dan Mullen documentary would sound like except replace Alabama with Florida.

Also- they need to show the 1999 Egg Bowl more. I can't find the complete game on youtube. That was the best Egg Bowl ever. The only possible way to top it would have been if it was Eli throwing the pass instead of Romaro Miller.

RiverCityDawg
07-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Also- they need to show the 1999 Egg Bowl more. I can't find the complete game on youtube. That was the best Egg Bowl ever. The only possible way to top it would have been if it was Eli throwing the pass instead of Romaro Miller.

The end was spectacular but the first 3+ quarters sucked. Ten combined turnovers, lots of penalties, anemic offenses. I remember that game very fondly but watched it somewhat recently and was reminded how terrible it was until the very end.

Bothrops
07-07-2018, 10:46 AM
I think the Network has maybe two Eggbowls in their video file where we win. I think they replayed our spring game, maybe twice as well.

Dawg2003
07-07-2018, 11:49 AM
That Croom documentary is awful because he portrays himself as some kind of martyr or victim. I was feeling sorry for him the first time I saw it and had to snap myself back into reality. And then to hear Nick Saban and Paul Finebaum talk about him so glowingly. It’s indecent.

On a side note, a guy I work with played for him at State for a year and loved him.

IMissJack
07-07-2018, 12:09 PM
That Croom documentary is awful because he portrays himself as some kind of martyr or victim. I was feeling sorry for him the first time I saw it and had to snap myself back into reality. And then to hear Nick Saban and Paul Finebaum talk about him so glowingly. It’s indecent.

On a side note, a guy I work with played for him at State for a year and loved him.

They talk about him glowingly, but know full well no other school would hire him as a head coach. All he had to do was fire McCorvey and get a decent offensive coordinator, but would not. Talk about some wasted defenses.

Todd4State
07-07-2018, 09:41 PM
The end was spectacular but the first 3+ quarters sucked. Ten combined turnovers, lots of penalties, anemic offenses. I remember that game very fondly but watched it somewhat recently and was reminded how terrible it was until the very end.

It wasn't pretty. But the end was beautiful.

Basically it was your typical win for us in 1999.