https://twitter.com/MattPowers31/status/1015308856375889920

Scooba, please embed this for me.

https://twitter.com/MattPowers31/status/1015308856375889920

BeardoMSU
07-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Well that sucks...

Dawg61
07-06-2018, 02:32 PM
If he ain't coming here he needs to just take the $4 mill. No way he betters that with one year of juco.

louisvilledawg
07-06-2018, 02:34 PM
If he ain't coming here he needs to just take the $4 mill. No way he betters that with one year of juco.

Being reported it was closer to 1.8-2.0 million

roughly only 40% of slot value in order to retain the pick next year if/when carter doesn't sign.

Dawg61
07-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Being reported it was closer to 1.8-2.0 million

roughly only 40% of slot value in order to retain the pick next year if/when carter doesn't sign.

Well that's shitty of the Braves

ShotgunDawg
07-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Told ya

Bothrops
07-06-2018, 02:45 PM

This is what I've been saying.

BeardoMSU
07-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Told ya

Yay**

Irondawg
07-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Well let's get a pitching coach and see what magic we can do. I get the draw of JUCO for a year and re-entering, but he better be healthy and then absolutely dominate.

KOdawg1
07-06-2018, 02:49 PM
This is a lose-lose situation for us Braves fans here lol

Dawg61
07-06-2018, 02:52 PM
This is a lose-lose situation for us Braves fans here lol

Don't get cold feet or get cheap. Give the kid his money. I think it's so shitty when MLB teams do this stuff especially to high schoolers.

KOdawg1
07-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Don't get cold feet or get cheap. Give the kid his money. I think it's so shitty when MLB teams do this stuff especially to high schoolers.

I agree

Quaoarsking
07-06-2018, 02:56 PM
So we have several more weeks to convince him to pick us over JUCO, right? Today's just the deadline for the pros?

AlSwearengen
07-06-2018, 03:03 PM
So we have several more weeks to convince him to pick us over JUCO, right? Today's just the deadline for the pros?

Yeah, hopefully he and his family come to their senses. If his injury really isn’t bad, it might turn out ok for him to go juco but if it needs anything more than rest, he is screwing up big time.

Really Clark?
07-06-2018, 03:17 PM

We don’t know the medicals though that showed up after the draft. It may also be a smart move by the club, that’s a deal that can go either way. And it’s not like they didn’t offer him anything.

Bodawg
07-06-2018, 03:22 PM
If he has a wrist injury that cost him 2 million, how bad is this injury and is he going to be able to play this next season? Some were penciling him into the lineup if he came to MSU. but he may very well have to set a year for rehab.

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 03:27 PM
If he has a wrist injury that cost him 2 million, how bad is this injury and is he going to be able to play this next season? Some were penciling him into the lineup if he came to MSU. but he may very well have to set a year for rehab.

Yep and that’s why JUCO is idiocy. Who knows, it could be a simple rehab to fix but a minor injury could turn into a major one in JUCO and if that happens he’s done.

Lord McBuckethead
07-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Yeah, no offense to Juco coaches, but they are not in the top tier in their own little corner of their profession.

msbulldog
07-06-2018, 04:02 PM
Well that’s the deadline, I guess we will hear something soon.

louisvilledawg
07-06-2018, 04:06 PM
He did not sign per Jon Heyman and Jim Callis

Bully13
07-06-2018, 04:11 PM
I saw where the injury was due to swinging the bat too hard. I guess we'll all be on hold to find out where he ends up.

maroonmania
07-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Well that?s the deadline, I guess we will hear something soon.

Yep, if Lemonis is really the top recruiter in the nation, here is his chance to show it.

SandlotDawg
07-06-2018, 04:13 PM
https://twitter.com/mattpowers31/status/1015341360327614470?s=21

Yeah he didn’t sign, but this Matt Powers guy is confident he’s going JUCO. I just couldn’t risk going JUCO if it were me. What if the wrist took a lot longer to heal? Why not ensure yourself the time to heal and improve at a school like State?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2018, 04:17 PM
It?s not over. We?re still in this.

https://twitter.com/carlosacollazo/status/1015342522917408768?s=12

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Matt Powers is full of shit. The family hasn’t made a decision one way or the other yet.

https://twitter.com/carlosacollazo/status/1015342522917408768?s=21

SandlotDawg
07-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Yeah I’m gonna trust Kendall on this one.

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/status/1015343005895741441?s=21

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Matt Powers is full of shit. The family hasn’t made a decision one way or the other yet.

Stop being so emotional. The guy is just going by what he’s heard. He may end up at juco but MSU is definitely still an option.

Bulldog1
07-06-2018, 04:28 PM
We need to hire an elite pitching coach soon.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Stop being so emotional. The guy is just going by what he’s heard. He may end up at juco but MSU is definitely still an option.

We need to hire our pitching coach and let Lemonis and Gautreau do work. Hook him up with Boras.

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 04:33 PM

He is. Then you had some dumb ass Ole Miss fan arguing with Kendall on Twitter based solely on Matt Powers information. He said the family had 100% decided and even named the JUCO. Come to find out the family hadn’t discussed it in that fine of detail nor are they even sure of what they will do. I call it bad information and full of shit.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2018, 04:35 PM
He is. Then you had some dumb ass Ole Miss fan arguing with Kendall on Twitter based solely on Matt Powers information. He said the family had 100% decided and even named the JUCO. Come to find out the family hadn’t discussed it in that fine of detail nor are they even sure of what they will do. I call it bad information and full of shit.

Who cares what they say. If he’s wrong I’m sure he’ll say so. We’re working on Stewart & have a legit shot.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2018, 04:35 PM
We need to hire our pitching coach and let Lemonis and Gautreau do work. Hook him up with Boras.

Should have 1 in a few days.

Bulldog1
07-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Should have 1 in a few days.

Any names you are hearing?

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Who cares what they say. If he’s wrong I’m sure he’ll say so. We’re working on Stewart & have a legit shot.

That’s what I love to hear!

Bully13
07-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Does Kendall Rodgers have a cowbell and does he polish it? sounds like he's got an OM follower with 2 tons of sand in his vag.

Really Clark?
07-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Does Kendall Rodgers have a cowbell and does he polish it? sounds like he's got an OM follower with 2 tons of sand in his vag.

It’s funny you read that and contrast it with the posters on here who talked how he was a shill for UM BB and his buddies...when two fan bases hate each other and both sides thinks a reporter is biased to the other school maybe he is more in the middle than either side would like to admit.

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 04:55 PM
It’s funny you read that and contrast it with the posters on here who talked how he was a shill for UM BB and his buddies...when two fan bases hate each other and both sides thinks a reporter is biased to the other school maybe he is more in the middle than either side would like to admit.

All in all I like Kendall Rogers. He put that asshole bear in his place I can tell you that lol.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Nolan Ryan was the last name I heard*

Ifyouonlyknew
07-06-2018, 05:07 PM

The Yeskie buzz is growing we’ll see if we can close the deal.

Homedawg
07-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Yeah, no offense to Juco coaches, but they are not in the top tier in their own little corner of their profession.

He has the highest spin rate of anyone, a juco coach isn?t going to matter anyway.

ShotgunDawg
07-06-2018, 05:14 PM
He has the highest spin rate of anyone, a juco coach isn?t going to matter anyway.

I can see it both ways.

- Go to JUCO and he'll be drafted by a team in the first round that doesn't care about his injury.

- Go to MSU and put up numbers and go #1 overall like Mize

SandlotDawg
07-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Uhhh Lemonis has me feeling some type of way!

https://twitter.com/lemo22/status/1015358545238380544?s=21

MoreCowbell
07-06-2018, 05:22 PM

This is tweet from head of MLB Draft for Baseball America saying pump the brakes on Stewart going Juco

TheRef
07-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Straight from Carter's twitter (@Carterstewart26) :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhdHuzNUwAAsJaQ.jpg

MoreCowbell
07-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Straight from Carter's twitter (@Carterstewart26) :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhdHuzNUwAAsJaQ.jpg

Alright Lemonis, show us what ya got

msbulldog
07-06-2018, 05:31 PM
It?s funny you read that and contrast it with the posters on here who talked how he was a shill for UM BB and his buddies...when two fan bases hate each other and both sides thinks a reporter is biased to the other school maybe he is more in the middle than either side would like to admit.

Clark, Kendall is just doing what all media types do, generating clicks. I can't blame them that's how they make a living. If they gave out totally false info they would lose their audience and their money/clicks. My wife has had a couple of blog sites that made really good money.

Really Clark?
07-06-2018, 05:38 PM
All in all I like Kendall Rogers. He put that asshole bear in his place I can tell you that lol.

Ha. He did that for sure

Really Clark?
07-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Clark, Kendall is just doing what all media types do, generating clicks. I can't blame them that's how they make a living. If they gave out totally false info they would lose their audience and their money/clicks. My wife has had a couple of blog sites that made really good money.

Oh I know. I just found it funny

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 05:53 PM

Rogers has only been hyping up Ole Miss's great recruiting class for two years. He obviously hates them.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 05:55 PM
I can see it both ways.

- Go to JUCO and he'll be drafted by a team in the first round that doesn't care about his injury.

- Go to MSU and put up numbers and go #1 overall like Mize

Go to MSU and become the next Tyler Beede or Brady Singer.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 06:20 PM
I don't feel comfortable with Stewart saying "I do not know what path I'll choose". He's not a for sure thing for us otherwise he'd been giving MSU some immediate love. Instead he's uncertain.

SmokeyDawg
07-06-2018, 06:25 PM
I don't feel comfortable with Stewart saying "I do not know what path I'll choose". He's not a for sure thing for us otherwise he'd been giving MSU some immediate love. Instead he's uncertain.

I agree. May be readying too much into it but I didn't vibe with the "I never intended to let anyone down"

HoopsDawg
07-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Cohen needs to announce an elite pitching coach ASAP and we need to go meet with this kid.

mathistondawg
07-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Yea...I dont like the never intended to let anyone down...

mparkerfd20
07-06-2018, 06:47 PM
If he comes to State, great. If not, I really don't care. I never imagined he'd be in Maroon & White anyway. That said I do not expect him to be at State.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 06:59 PM
If he comes to State, great. If not, I really don't care. I never imagined he'd be in Maroon & White anyway. That said I do not expect him to be at State.

I wouldn't say "really don't care" because it would be awesome if he were to come here and add to my Ginn Wool. But I agree with you to the extent of I'm already psyched about Ginn and the others and what the future holds for MSU Baseball so Stewart would be icing on the cake at this point.

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't say "really don't care" because it would be awesome if he were to come here and add to my Ginn Wool. But I agree with you to the extent of I'm already psyched about Ginn and the others and what the future holds for MSU Baseball so Stewart would be icing on the cake at this point.

I just wanna know more about his injury. It's almost like he'd be better off redshirting a year anyway. I can't imagine a Juco is gonna be helpful to him.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 07:05 PM
I just wanna know more about his injury. It's almost like he'd be better off redshirting a year anyway. I can't imagine a Juco is gonna be helpful to him.

yep. Maybe somebody here who knows something about sports injuries could give us a clue / opinion. It was a bat swinging injury to the wrist. Stewart said he's pretty sure his batting days are done.

msudawglb
07-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Goodness guys, up until 3 hours ago the kid thought the Braves were going to pull through and sign him. He?s talking about letting Braves fans down. He is putting the Braves option to bed with this tweet and just now thinking about MSU or JUCO.

KB21
07-06-2018, 07:13 PM
yep. Maybe somebody here who knows something about sports injuries could give us a clue / opinion. It was a bat swinging injury to the wrist. Stewart said he's pretty sure his batting days are done.

Todd can chime in on this as well, but with swinging a bat reportedly being his mechanism of injury, my best guess would be a TFCC tear of the wrist. The TFCC is the triangular fibrocartilage complex that stabilizes the ulnar aspect of the wrist. Injuries usually happen when you have the wrist pronated, and forced into hyper extension. You see this a lot with tennis players. If he swung a bat and did the "top hand over" too forcefully, that would be the mechanism that could disrupt the TFCC. Non operative treatment would include a cast or a splint for 6 weeks and then physical therapy after. Sometimes, surgery is needed to repair this. Max improvement after surgery is usually met at around 12 months.

Dawg61
07-06-2018, 07:16 PM
I agree. May be readying too much into it but I didn't vibe with the "I never intended to let anyone down"

He's talking about not intending to let the Braves and their fans down. Braves are probably presenting this like he wasn't straight forward about his boo boo on his wrist to them so they decided to be assholes and offer him a total joke of $1.8 mill in a $4.8 mill slot. His tweet has zero to do with MSU.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Todd can chime in on this as well, but with swinging a bat reportedly being his mechanism of injury, my best guess would be a TFCC tear of the wrist. The TFCC is the triangular fibrocartilage complex that stabilizes the ulnar aspect of the wrist. Injuries usually happen when you have the wrist pronated, and forced into hyper extension. You see this a lot with tennis players. If he swung a bat and did the "top hand over" too forcefully, that would be the mechanism that could disrupt the TFCC. Non operative treatment would include a cast or a splint for 6 weeks and then physical therapy after. Sometimes, surgery is needed to repair this. Max improvement after surgery is usually met at around 12 months.

Thanks KB. If this is what's going on with Stewart, then MSU would be a better place for him to re-hab for a year instead of Juco. But if he's getting medical advice saying otherwise, he may be Juco bound.

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 07:25 PM
Thanks KB. If this is what's going on with Stewart, then MSU would be a better place for him to re-hab for a year instead of Juco. But if he's getting medical advice saying otherwise, he may be Juco bound.

What I don't understand: if the injury were truly that benign, i.e., just some rehab, maybe not even surgery--why would the braves lowball him so hard? If they truly believed this is something minor that a little rehab could get him back to 100%, I'm sure they'd love to rehab him in their own program with their own doctors.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 07:27 PM
What I don't understand: if the injury were truly that benign, i.e., just some rehab, maybe not even surgery--why would the braves lowball him so hard? If they truly believed this is something minor that a little rehab could get him back to 100%, I'm sure they'd love to rehab him in their own program with their own doctors.

Yep. cuz they low balled the shit out of the dude. but after all MLB is a bidness.

msstate7
07-06-2018, 07:36 PM
He's talking about not intending to let the Braves and their fans down. Braves are probably presenting this like he wasn't straight forward about his boo boo on his wrist to them so they decided to be assholes and offer him a total joke of $1.8 mill in a $4.8 mill slot. His tweet has zero to do with MSU.

The braves don't wanna lose a 1st round pick. They offered low bc they think that wrist is a problem. The braves would've loved to sign Stewart. Not being about to sign Stewart cost the braves any shot at getting Hess.

KB21
07-06-2018, 07:38 PM

The issue is this. When the injury was first diagnosed, was it done by a sports medicine guy, or did he get it diagnosed at an urgent care clinic somewhere? It may be that it was initially diagnosed as a "wrist sprain" and treated with rest, ice, compression, and elevation. He gets to feeling better. Finishes the year out.

He comes to his physical, where they are pretty much going to see if there is any joint laxity at all at every joint, and the Braves docs either noticed that he had pain with wrist motion, decreased wrist motion, or laxity of the joint. Suddenly, they are thinking this is something that needs to be surgically stabilized, and the Stewarts had no thoughts of surgery prior to this. Now, you get the low ball offer.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 07:40 PM
The braves don't wanna lose a 1st round pick. They offered low bc they think that wrist is a problem. The braves would've loved to sign Stewart. Not being about to sign Stewart cost the braves any shot at getting Hess.

From what I've read, the Braves didn't burn next year's 1st round pick because of what they DID offer. They offered an amount sufficient enough to not jeopardize next year's draft. regardless of whether or not Stewart signed.

SmokeyDawg
07-06-2018, 07:42 PM

That may all be true, and like I said I could be reading too much into it. The way it's written would suggest otherwise though. "Going forward, I do not know what path I will chose but I have never intended to let anyone down"

Either way it doesn't mean that he has made a decision. Obviously it would be a historic pull for us to land both of those guys. Only time and sources will tell.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 07:44 PM
Here's the latest on Stewart, he has not decided if he's coming to State or Juco yet. Still deciding best route but we got people working on him. Don't give up just yet.

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Here's the latest on Stewart, he has not decided if he's coming to State or Juco yet. Still deciding best route but we got people working on him. Don't give up just yet.

Random question: is Ginn lobbying Stewart at all? Do you think having another first rounder come to campus makes it any more comfortable for Stewart at all?

msstate7
07-06-2018, 07:52 PM
From what I've read, the Braves didn't burn next year's 1st round pick because of what they DID offer. They offered an amount sufficient enough to not jeopardize next year's draft. regardless of whether or not Stewart signed.

Yeah, apparently the braves offered the minimum in order to retain pick. That tells me the braves feel the wrist is a real issue

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Welcome to MLB! This is how the draft and contract negotiations work. And this is how players get screwed or make bad decisions. MLB drafts someone and shows them a large lump some of money and it some people take it without thinking that a million dollars may not last their entire life. Or that it may be difficult to go back and find a job with no degree in 5-10 years. They don't think about taxes and they sure as hell don't think about investing some of it in a 401K.

To me, the draft is pretty archaic. MLB needs to be way more invested in college baseball. They need to stop drafting high school kids altogether or do like someone else said and have a system where say the Dodgers draft JT Ginn out of high school and then they retain those rights after three years of college.

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 08:03 PM
Welcome to MLB! This is how the draft and contract negotiations work. And this is how players get screwed or make bad decisions. MLB drafts someone and shows them a large lump some of money and it some people take it without thinking that a million dollars may not last their entire life. Or that it may be difficult to go back and find a job with no degree in 5-10 years. They don't think about taxes and they sure as hell don't think about investing some of it in a 401K.

To me, the draft is pretty archaic. MLB needs to be way more invested in college baseball. They need to stop drafting high school kids altogether or do like someone else said and have a system where say the Dodgers draft JT Ginn out of high school and then they retain those rights after three years of college.

I suppose I was still respecting that the MLB is a business--if Stewart has the highest spin rate in America on his curveball then he's worth 4 mil right? If that wrist injury isn't too serious. As in, him getting lowballed makes me think that the wrist is a real problem. But just trying to think of what's best for the kid:

(1) if the wrist is not a problem, i.e., he can just rest it and do some small rehab work on the side, then he should go to juco and come back in a year.
(2) if the wrist is a real problem, come to MSU and redshirt a year. We'll give you a great rehab program, then spend years two and three turning yourself into the top pick.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 08:07 PM
Random question: is Ginn lobbying Stewart at all? Do you think having another first rounder come to campus makes it any more comfortable for Stewart at all?

First of all we need an elite pitching coach. I know, dead horse.

If it were me I would just present the facts to him.

I'd show him Tyler Beede and Brady Singer having similar issues with injuries coming out of the draft in high school and then going to play in the SEC and getting drafted high in the first round after three years. And then I would show him the lack of success players in his situation have had going the JUCO route or at least how it didn't improve their situation.

I would absolutely mention to him the fact that if he has an injury in JUCO his career is almost certainly over and that they do not have the rehab resources that MSU has. I would mention that if he does have an injury that he will have more time to rehab here. On the flip side- staying at MSU for three years and proving that you are healthy should put aside any concerns moreso than one year in JUCO. He would also be playing against much better competition and get more exposure.

I would also mention to him MSU's historical success with high draft picks through the years. Brandon Woodruff was the least successful one I could find and he is still performing well in MLB. Some other top 10 round picks that came to MSU- Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro, Eric DuBose, Bobby Thigpen, Carlton Loewer, Adam Piatt, not to mention guys like Jay Powell, Jacob Lindgren and Jeff Brantley who were drafted in the 1th, 12th and 13th round out of high school respectively.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 08:15 PM
I suppose I was still respecting that the MLB is a business--if Stewart has the highest spin rate in America on his curveball then he's worth 4 mil right? If that wrist injury isn't too serious. As in, him getting lowballed makes me think that the wrist is a real problem. But just trying to think of what's best for the kid:

(1) if the wrist is not a problem, i.e., he can just rest it and do some small rehab work on the side, then he should go to juco and come back in a year.
(2) if the wrist is a real problem, come to MSU and redshirt a year. We'll give you a great rehab program, then spend years two and three turning yourself into the top pick.

MLB is like dealing with a car dealer. Yes, if your spin rate is better than anyone else in MLB and you are a high school kid you are probably worth 4 million dollars. I agree with you. But MLB will do whatever it takes to save money. I suspect what really happened is the Braves were trying to figure out a way to sign both Hess and Stewart and the only way to do that was to get Stewart to take about 2 million dollars less and they tried to use the wrist injury to justify it. The problem is the Braves got burned.

That's why MLB hates Scott Boras- he actually is good at standing up to them and getting the most money for his client.

But as you see from my follow up post- going to MSU is honestly probably what is most likely best for him. It seems to me like a lot of the times the guys in this situation go the JUCO route MLB kind of sticks it to them. Maybe it's because what happened is fresh on the minds of the organizations after one year versus three- I don't know.

And then there are stats that show that if you are drafted from a junior college your odds of making it to MLB are actually worse than they would be if you signed out of high school. Whereas if you go to college that is clearly your best bet statistically of making it to MLB.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Have you ever heard of something like that causing Tommy John though? Maybe the Braves are worried that he will compensate with his mechanics and hurt his arm?

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 08:25 PM

Yes JT is talking to him among others.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Yes JT is talking to him among others.

Any boosters with 4 million dollars?************************************ Nothing would tell the Ole Miss boosters to hold our beer like outbidding the Atlanta Braves while they're pumped about outbidding the Georgia Bulldogs.

Seriously though- is it true that Carter Stewart's Dad is from Columbus? Sometimes things like that matter.

Really Clark?
07-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Have you ever heard of something like that causing Tommy John though? Maybe the Braves are worried that he will compensate with his mechanics and hurt his arm?

I think what I would be worried about is why we have tfcc. It’s not uncommon that the ulna is longer than the radius and could be a cause of this type of injury. Do we have a minor injury that will eventually tear anyway and require surgery? Is surgery required now? If you have to shorten the ulna it’s what? 3-4 month recovery then rehab?

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 08:37 PM

I'm not an expert in pitching mechanics, but I would certainly theorize that when a player loses any angular velocity on the ball due to wrist injury, that a common compensation mechanism would be trying to add angular velocity back through oversupination of the lower arm--which would certainly put the UCL at risk. Just a thought--not sure if that's what the braves are thinking at all though. A good rehab guy would know the common compensation mechanisms and teach the player how to avoid them/rehab to fix them.

MetEdDawg
07-06-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm not an expert in pitching mechanics, but I would certainly theorize that when a player loses any angular velocity on the ball due to wrist injury, that a common compensation mechanism would be trying to add angular velocity back through oversupination of the lower arm--which would certainly put the UCL at risk. Just a thought--not sure if that's what the braves are thinking at all though. A good rehab guy would know the common compensation mechanisms and teach the player how to avoid them/rehab to fix them.

Spot on. The more you can do with your wrist the better with the breaking stuff. The arm isn't designed for pitching. So the more you can keep off the elbow the better long term your arm will be. But it's impossible to keep the arm away from the harm that will happen over time, especially considering what Carter is throwing

Bass Chaser
07-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Is this an injury or possibly Kienbock's disease?

BeardoMSU
07-06-2018, 09:11 PM

Moultrie knee**

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 09:31 PM
I think what I would be worried about is why we have tfcc. It?s not uncommon that the ulna is longer than the radius and could be a cause of this type of injury. Do we have a minor injury that will eventually tear anyway and require surgery? Is surgery required now? If you have to shorten the ulna it?s what? 3-4 month recovery then rehab?

For most people the biggest issues with TFCC tears is that they tend to linger. Typically if they have to shorten the ulna most doctor's want the patient to have their wrist in a cast for six weeks and then 3-4 months rehab.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Any boosters with 4 million dollars?************************************ Nothing would tell the Ole Miss boosters to hold our beer like outbidding the Atlanta Braves while they're pumped about outbidding the Georgia Bulldogs.

Seriously though- is it true that Carter Stewart's Dad is from Columbus? Sometimes things like that matter.

Lol that would make the bears crap their pants. Yes his dad is from Columbus but that will not play into his decision. Been in fla to long.

KB21
07-06-2018, 10:50 PM

I haven't, and the literature I have seen doesn't link the two.

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 10:52 PM
Man this JUCO thing has made our fans over on 247 dumbasses. Idiots over there think Stewart should go JUCO instead of State even if it’s multiple years in JUCO. What a bunch of complete bafoons.

KB21
07-06-2018, 10:56 PM

You see that more with scapholunate disassociation, but I did read a case study at one time where someone had a scapholunate tear along with a TFCC tear that developed AVN of the lunate (Kienbock's disease).

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2018, 11:12 PM
You see that more with scapholunate disassociation, but I did read a case study at one time where someone had a scapholunate tear along with a TFCC tear that developed AVN of the lunate (Kienbock's disease).

I have no idea what the hell all that means, but rub some dirt and spit on it and get back out there.

msbulldog
07-07-2018, 05:23 AM
I have no idea what the hell all that means, but rub some dirt and spit on it and get back out there.

Vegas, you forgot to slap some duct tape on it!

The Federalist Engineer
07-07-2018, 06:34 AM
Carter' MSU strategy can be-

(1) 2019, come to school and just rehab, rest, and develop...add 1M in value resting
(2) 2020, dominate as RS Freshmen and win a national title as Sunday Starter...add 1M in value pitching 70 innings
(3) 2021, Win another National Title as Sunday guy...add 1M in value pitching 60-80 innings
(4) 2021, marry a MSU girl, finance major, from a fine family
(5) 2021, walk away from MSU with a 5M-6M bonus, development, education, 2/3 championship rings, and a wedding ring

preachermatt83
07-07-2018, 06:43 AM

(1) 2019, come to school and just rehab, rest, and develop...add 1M in value resting
(2) 2020, dominate as RS Freshmen and win a national title as Sunday Starter...add 1M in value pitching 70 innings
(3) 2021, Win another National Title as Sunday guy...add 1M in value pitching 60-80 innings
(5) 2021, walk away from MSU with a 5M-6M bonus, development, education, 2/3 championship rings, and a wedding ring

This is a fantastic strategy

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2018, 07:04 AM
I wonder if the school could take out an insurance policy for both guys? Happens all the time in football when guys return.

msstate7
07-07-2018, 07:11 AM
Has anyone heard how the braves were planning to fix the wrist? Surgery? Rest?

Really Clark?
07-07-2018, 07:51 AM
I wonder if the school could take out an insurance policy for both guys? Happens all the time in football when guys return.

It doesn?t happen all the time because of the cost. You are looking at about $10,000 per year per million of coverage. Most also take a loss of value policy for if a player slips in the draft because of an injury. But Stewart?s wrist won?t be covered, it?s preexisting issue. With the amount of TJ?s in baseball with pitchers, I would suspect they might refuse to write those players or at an even higher premium. As far as who pays? It can be the player upfront, they can take out a loan and the NCAA use to help secure the loans but I think stopped because a lot of schools were paying the premiums as well. But that is with draft eligible players deciding to return to school for another year. An entering freshman is not getting a policy. I also think because of how big the MLB draft is and how volatile it is, players get drafted multiple times, most players without leverage their senior year fall in the draft, etc. I would not insure very many, if any, baseball players

BrunswickDawg
07-07-2018, 08:07 AM

Sounds to me like you are just hunting for future son in law.

Dawg2003
07-07-2018, 08:08 AM

See, I?m thinking the same thing. From the outside, this seems like a big red flag that the wrist injury is worse than we think. I don?t know crap about the MLB draft, so maybe I?m wrong. But that would be my first instinct as someone looking in from the outside. What if it?s a bad enough injury that the Braves are unsure he can be rehabbed 100%?

Bully13
07-07-2018, 11:03 AM

FE is becoming one of my top posters of late. Tried to rep this but could not due to the JP Rule. (Joe the Plumber)

The Federalist Engineer
07-07-2018, 12:55 PM
Sounds to me like you are just hunting for future son in law.

LOL, but my oldest child is just 6 and youngest is 2. I'm just promoting the Dale Murphy lifestyle with stability and wealth vs. the Chipper lifestyle of Hooters Waitresses and expensive divorces

I'm just a boring dude, I get it

Todd4State
07-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Has anyone heard how the braves were planning to fix the wrist? Surgery? Rest?

Have we heard that it needs to be fixed? Teams lower offers because of risk of an injury- not necessarily because something has to be fixed at that moment.

msstate7
07-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Have we heard that it needs to be fixed? Teams lower offers because of risk of an injury- not necessarily because something has to be fixed at that moment.

I have no idea. I haven't read anything about if the braves had a plan