BeastMan
07-05-2018, 08:09 PM
PreacherMatt wrong again!!!*******

Ifyouonlyknew
07-05-2018, 08:10 PM
https://twitter.com/jt_ginn3/status/1015037665165668352?s=12

JoseBrown
07-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Incredible! Next year is looking great! HailState!

Ifyouonlyknew
07-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Didn’t see your post Thick

msstate7
07-05-2018, 08:12 PM

It's worth 2 threads.

starkvegasdawg
07-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Who lied and told him we had a mall?***

HoopsDawg
07-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Wow, Huge News!!

fader2103
07-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Jarrian Jones doing work for baseball too?

BankerDog
07-05-2018, 08:18 PM
No way he turns that type money**
Why do we always lose guys like this***

Lots of people being proved wrong tonight

HoopsDawg
07-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Now we will have to see if his parents let him be a starting pitcher or if he is going to be a closer.

SandlotDawg
07-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Wow. (In Owen Wilson’s voice)

Bulldog1
07-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Awesome! Huge news!

MarketingBully
07-05-2018, 08:26 PM
This is awesome! Two once in a generation players on the same team next year.

MarketingBully
07-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Hell it’s worth as many threads as possible. Thanks so much for all of your great information on here Commerce!

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Haha. I'm excited as a fan, but this is unreal

The Federalist Engineer
07-05-2018, 08:34 PM
So, how does MSU utilize this Golden Spikes candidate?

(1) Pete Young- 3B and Closer
(2) Brendan McKay - 1B and Starter

Bdawg
07-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Awesome news!!!!! What a game changer he could be for us!!!! So pumped!!!

Ifyouonlyknew
07-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Now we will have to see if his parents let him be a starting pitcher or if he is going to be a closer.

Plan is to be a starter

msstate7
07-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Hell it’s worth as many threads as possible. Thanks so much for all of your great information on here Commerce!

He was on it. Great job

Thick
07-05-2018, 08:37 PM
I would like to thank the Dodger organization, Cohen for hiring Lemonis and retaining JG! Played out just as we expected.

HoopsDawg
07-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Plan is to be a starter

Our man commerce has said reliever. Where did you see that about starting?

Thick
07-05-2018, 08:39 PM

You don’t owe me an apology. I’m always looking for your post/replies in all threads.

MarketingBully
So, how does MSU utilize this Golden Spikes candidate?

(1) Pete Young- 3B and Closer
(2) Brendan McKay - 1B and Starter

Whichever one signed for $7 million.

Ifyouonlyknew
Our man commerce has said reliever. Where did you see that about starting?

Talking to someone close to the family. They said tonight the plan was to be the starter. It may change but that’s what I was told tonight.

Bothrops
07-05-2018, 08:41 PM
This made my day! I'm so proud for him. He's gonna be a monster for us, and make more money after two years! Hailstate!!!

ScoobaDawg
07-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Any day you bring in a 1st round draft pick to the team it's a huge pickup. But I'm greedy and want Stewart also. We need that elite shutdown pitcher that's a Fr and then gets drafted top 5 in 3 years

Wouldn't hurt to know who the pitching coach is tomorrow...

HoopsDawg
07-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Talking to someone close to the family. They said tonight the plan was to be the starter. It may change but that’s what I was told tonight.

That would be great. Small/Ginn would be an awesome Friday/Saturday combo. I don't know if Ginn would play 3B if he's a starting pitcher though. It might mean he would be a SP/DH.

KOdawg1
07-05-2018, 08:43 PM
He also played SS in high school, right? What's his role going to be when he's not pitching?

KOdawg1
07-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Any day you bring in a 1st round draft pick to the team it's a huge pickup. But I'm greedy and want Stewart also. We need that elite shutdown pitcher that's a Fr and then gets drafted top 5 in 3 years

Wouldn't hurt to know who the pitching coach is tomorrow...

I was thinking the same thing. Getting Ginn is unbelievable. Getting Stewart would be extra icing on the cake. Not getting my hopes up for that one though

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2018, 08:45 PM
He also played SS in high school, right? What's his role going to be when he's not pitching?

He's got Rooker type power.

Just stick him in the 345 hole as a DH and let him whack.

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Plan is to be a starter

Good. I never understood the idea of him not being a starter at MSU.

If he wants to be a top 10 overall pick in 2 years, he's got to start

Thick
07-05-2018, 08:52 PM
I’m hearing he wants to be an every day player (DH or fielder) and closer. I was just told that, and I’m not disagreeing w/ anyone. Just posting for FYI.

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Glad I was wrong about him! Talk about filling potential holes in our pitching staff..

dawgoneyall
07-05-2018, 09:01 PM
I thought I loved MSu.

I/we are in second place now....

AlSwearengen
07-05-2018, 09:09 PM
I would think that if his future is as a pitcher, he would be a Sunday starter. That allows his arm the most time to recover.

That said, there have been plenty of college closers drafted in the first round.

maroonmania
07-05-2018, 09:12 PM
I thought I loved MSu.

I/we are in second place now....

Yep, Ginn already jumps to my favorite player. No other player we have will have sacrificed the money he just has for the opportunity to put on the maroon and white.

Bully13
07-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Yep, Ginn already jumps to my favorite player. No other player we have will have sacrificed the money he just has for the opportunity to put on the maroon and white.

yep.

By The Way, Where the 17 are you Dawgone?

Commercecomet24
07-05-2018, 09:42 PM
JT will be a weekend starter and play 3b or dh when not pitching. Great day to be a Dawg!

Hail State!

Commercecomet24
07-05-2018, 09:44 PM
I'll tell y'all some more a little later on, the way to perfect game wwba in Atlanta right now.

dawgoneyall
07-05-2018, 09:49 PM
yep.

By The Way, Where the 17 are you Dawgone?

Left field. (Little joke)

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Hell yeah!

We just got a lot better on the mound and in the field. It's hard to find a power arm on the mound and then a guy that also has legit power at the plate.

These are the kind of players that can elevate our program and take us to the next level. Way back in the day Vanderbilt signed Mark Prior who I believe was a first round pick at the time. Even though he finished up at USC because he was developed successfully at Vanderbilt it paved the way for other high end prospects to go to school there.

Obviously we aren't going to get them all- like Cole Winn (if you can really count him since he decommitted), Jeremiah Jackson, and probably Carter Stewart. But if we get one or two a class that adds up over time and if you have 3-6 top 10 round pick guys you have a legit shot at a National Title. Especially if you can uncover a guy like a Renfroe or a Rooker on top of that.

Dawg61
07-05-2018, 09:58 PM
I would think that if his future is as a pitcher, he would be a Sunday starter. That allows his arm the most time to recover.

That said, there have been plenty of college closers drafted in the first round.

Maybe you're just comparing starter to closer here but you emphasized Sunday as if that is longer in rest than a Saturday starter or Friday starter. Are you counting days of the week the same way I am?

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 09:58 PM
JT will be a weekend starter and play 3b or dh when not pitching. Great day to be a Dawg!

Hail State!

I remember Goat putting you on blast after Ginn was drafted in the first round. Shockingly he was wrong again.**

As it is thank you for all of your insight- it was much appreciated and it's what makes this board great.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Maybe you're just comparing starter to closer here but you emphasized Sunday as if that is longer in rest than a Saturday starter or Friday starter. Are you counting days of the week the same way I am?

I think he's saying that by pitching on Sunday he wouldn't have to play in the field the next day and therefore that is resting his arm longer.

preachermatt83
07-05-2018, 10:00 PM

Lol. Blind squirrel and such.

Bulldog1
07-05-2018, 10:01 PM
I'll tell y'all some more a little later on the way to perfect game wwba.

Many thanks to you for all of your info! Thanks Commerce!

Dawg61
07-05-2018, 10:02 PM
I think he's saying that by pitching on Sunday he wouldn't have to play in the field the next day and therefore that is resting his arm longer.

Ok that makes sense.

preachermatt83
07-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Great job all through this commerce !! Thanks so much for keeping us all informed

maroonmania
07-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Curious, is Ginn the first 1st round signee we've ever held on to? I would think the answer is yes.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Curious, is Ginn the first 1st round signee we've ever held on to? I would think the answer is yes.

I believe so. I think the second highest was Will Clark in the 4th round.

I can't remember how he turned out for us?******

AlSwearengen
07-05-2018, 11:23 PM

Yes, thanks for clearing that up. If he pitches (starts) Friday or Saturday it will be tough on the arm to swing the bat even the next day. Let him DH or play in the field Friday and Saturday and pitch on Sunday. That way he can take Monday off completely.

Cloak
07-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Wow

ShotgunDawg
07-05-2018, 11:43 PM
I believe so. I think the second highest was Will Clark in the 4th round.

I can't remember how he turned out for us?******

Paul Maholam was really high as as well I think.

jeremyrbrown
07-05-2018, 11:47 PM

17th out of HS

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 11:48 PM

He was officially drafted out of high school in the 17th round but I believe he had offers from the Dodgers to be drafted in the second round and turned it down.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Hey Guys, in case y'all haven't figured it out, JT loves MSU! He's one of us! This was his decision(yeah he has some great advisors), but mike always told me the ultimate decision would be JT's, and mike is a man of his word. After I talked with mike draft night i knew we were 95% getting JT. Let's just say the dodgers over played their hand. They gambled taking him and they lost. We got us a good one! I'm proud my friends son is living the Dream we had when we were playing ball together and I plan on being right there when he walks on that field the first time! Riley Self, Jake Mangum and several others really helped with JT. We will have some more good news coming in the next week or so as well.
As Todd said this board is the best!

Hail State!

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 12:29 AM
Oh and I appreciate y'all. I tried to share what I could and let y'all know as best I could what was going down. It was back and forth as you can imagine for anyone involved in this kind of big life decision! Proud for the Ginn family and proud for Bulldog family! Oh keep some positive vibes going for my kid as he plays in perfect game national championships over the next week! Thanks!

HoopsDawg
07-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Oh and I appreciate y'all. I tried to share what I could and let y'all know as best I could what was going down. It was back and forth as you can imagine for anyone involved in this kind of big life decision! Proud for the Ginn family and proud for Bulldog family! Oh keep some positive vibes going for my kid as he plays in perfect game national championships over the next week! Thanks!

Good luck to your son.

Todd4State
07-06-2018, 12:45 AM

Vibes sent.

Turfdawg67
07-06-2018, 01:13 AM

Hopefully he's wrong about Emery & Dean as well!

Turfdawg67
07-06-2018, 01:15 AM

Good luck!!

Goldendawg
07-06-2018, 01:36 AM
Hopefully he's wrong about Emery & Dean as well!

I second that motion. Feel like JoMo and staff will finish strong. Hail State!

Goldendawg
07-06-2018, 02:18 AM
Article trending on MSN.com, sports stories about JT turning down Dodgers for MSU. Says he turned down $2,275,800 signing bonus. Hail State!

Pit Bull
07-06-2018, 02:24 AM
No way he turns that type money**
Why do we always lose guys like this***

Lots of people being proved wrong tonight

I would have taken $500,000 signing bonus. Cant even imagine someone turning down 2 mil......but if he is as good as everyone says....the money will be there and maybe more in 3 years from now. This has to be the biggest signing bonus Miss.State has ever beaten out. And some kids just don't feel mature enough to take that big of a jump when most of their friends end up playing college ball. Sounds like the college experience was worth more than 2 mil to him and he didn't want to miss it. Like I said 99.99% of our recruits in the past would have never made it campus for this money. This is a first for MSU.

Offshore Dawg
07-06-2018, 05:26 AM

Duh; Friday - Friday, Sat - Sat, Sunday - Sunday. Last I checked it was 7 days either way.

msbulldog
07-06-2018, 05:51 AM

Thanks CC for all you have done in this matter, you kept giving us the straight scoop in the face of the naysayers. I always believed in what you told us. (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.)

Doggie_Style
07-06-2018, 06:14 AM

Thanks for your insight Commerse! Good luck to your kid next week!

State82
07-06-2018, 06:24 AM
Duh; Friday - Friday, Sat - Sat, Sunday - Sunday. Last I checked it was 7 days either way.

Pretty sure Al was referring to his playing a position and hitting in addition to the mound. We don't play on Mondays and sometimes maybe not Tuesday either so he rests those off days as opposed to pitching Friday/Saturday and playing in the field the next one to two days following a mound appearance.

AlSwearengen
07-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Dear God. After you have thrown 75 pitches, you don’t want to throw across the infield or even swing a bat the next day or two. Everything you do in baseball stresses your arm. Infielders get sore arms, outfielders get sore arms, etc.

We don’t play games on mondays. I’m sure we practice, but whoever pitched on Sunday probably just does some running or other conditioning that doesn’t involve the arm. Of course everyone is different and recovers at a different pace. Maybe Ginn can bounce back the next day and swing the bat. I remember when I was playing, I couldn’t do it (and I wasn’t throwing near as hard as these guys do).

Hope that clarifies it for you. Most of the guys here have some baseball knowledge and played at some level. Some seem to have never picked up a ball of any sort. I’ll try to remember that in the future.

confucius say
07-06-2018, 09:01 AM
His dream as a kid was to play at MSU, not in the MLB. I know dreams change when $ gets involved, im just saying I think it was a big deal that when 6 year old JT was hitting walk offs in the back yard, he was doing it as a MSU bulldog, not a LA dodger.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 09:29 AM
His dream as a kid was to play at MSU, not in the MLB. I know dreams change when $ gets involved, im just saying I think it was a big deal that when 6 year old JT was hitting walk offs in the back yard, he was doing it as a MSU bulldog, not a LA dodger.

Boy you just nailed it!

Bully13
07-06-2018, 09:30 AM

NICE.

MarketingBully
07-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Boy Ginn might be Msstate7’s all time favorite player if in two years the Braves draft him. :).

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Boy Ginn might be Msstate7’s all time favorite player if in two years the Braves draft him. :).

Hell if he plays at his potential he might end up being mine too. Have we ever landed a bigger recruit?

Bully13
07-06-2018, 12:53 PM
So, who thinks DH'ing and pitching for Ginn? I'm kinda leaning that way until I hear a better opinion. Or everyday player and closer?

Bulldog1
07-06-2018, 12:55 PM
So, who thinks DH'ing and pitching for Ginn? I'm kinda leaning that way until I hear a better opinion. Or everyday player and closer?
I think probably 1B/3B And DH when he pitches.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 01:00 PM
wouldn't playing 3rd everyday plus being in the starting pitching line up be too stressful on his arm? Wouldn't 1B be less stressful on his arm? What was MLB projecting him as?

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 01:03 PM
wouldn't playing 3rd everyday plus being in the starting pitching line up be too stressful on his arm? Wouldn't 1B be less stressful on his arm? What was MLB projecting him as?

I'm with Bully here. I'm sure this kid can play left infield spots, but pitching and playing 3B would be hell on your arm if you're such a high draft pick trying to protect yourself. I'd love to see him be a SP plus play 3rd, but I'd imagine that he and his family would prefer DH+SP.

HoopsDawg
07-06-2018, 01:04 PM
I'm with Bully here. I'm sure this kid can play left infield spots, but pitching and playing 3B would be hell on your arm if you're such a high draft pick trying to protect yourself. I'd love to see him be a SP plus play 3rd, but I'd imagine that he and his family would prefer DH+SP.

if we are going to use him as a starting pitcher then I see SP/DH.

Bulldog1
07-06-2018, 01:09 PM

Probably. And if he's closer then probably 1B/3B.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 01:12 PM

That's why I wonder what MLB had him projected at. I guess that can change over the next 2 years. Is an everyday player in MLB in the works? then you Mitch Moreland him. If MLB pitching is in the works, you get him into the starting rotation and DH him. This is a situation, IMO, you have to make concessions for an individual player. I know it may not settle well with some, but this is a business in a way too. Lemonis and the Ginns cut a deal and we'll all be better off because of it.

bostondawg
07-06-2018, 01:45 PM
That's why I wonder what MLB had him projected at. I guess that can change over the next 2 years. Is an everyday player in MLB in the works? then you Mitch Moreland him. If MLB pitching is in the works, you get him into the starting rotation and DH him. This is a situation, IMO, you have to make concessions for an individual player. I know it may not settle well with some, but this is a business in a way too. Lemonis and the Ginns cut a deal and we'll all be better off because of it.

Exactly. If you want to land these types of recruits we need to be open-minded to dealing with their desires. I'm sure Lemonis will be good at this.

Bully13
07-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Exactly. If you want to land these types of recruits we need to be open-minded to dealing with their desires. I'm sure Lemonis will be good at this.

Well, looks like he's starting off well, that's for sure. He's always been known as an elite recruiter. After a little more research, pitching is definitely where MLB sees Ginn. I had to re-remind myself of that. I'm not seeing him as a closer at MSU and everyday player. Could it be that he wants to develop some everyday player skills in addition to his pitching? Could it be he wants to also prove he can be an everyday player with a good stick to MLB? Preferably 1B due to arm strain but isn't it rare for a righty to play 1B? Maybe just pitch and DH? Can you imagine how valuable he would be as a National League pitcher who batted 5th who could also pinch hit? Or an American League pitcher like Japanese dude with the Angels? Sounds like he may be attempting to double that $2.4M in 2 years. Not a bad ROI going to MSU if it would work out like that.