PDA

View Full Version : CFN has lost their freking minds on the seasons football predictions...

99jc
07-05-2018, 09:11 AM
2018 Mississippi State Football Schedule
2018 Preseason Prediction: 7-5
2018 Preseason SEC Prediction: 4-4

Sept. 1 Stephen F. Austin W
Sept. 8 at Kansas State L
Sept. 15 Louisiana W
Sept. 22 at Kentucky W
Sept. 29 Florida W
Oct. 6 Auburn L
Oct. 13 OPEN DATE
Oct. 20 at LSU L
Oct. 27 Texas A&M L
Nov. 3 Louisiana Tech W
Nov. 10 at Alabama L
Nov. 17 Arkansas W
Nov. 22 at Ole Miss W

SEC West
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Texas A&M
T4. LSU
T4. Mississippi State
6. Arkansas
7. Ole Miss

link to article good read though https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/06/mississippi-state-bulldogs-college-football-preview-2018

gravedigger
07-05-2018, 09:47 AM
2018 Mississippi State Football Schedule
2018 Preseason Prediction: 7-5
2018 Preseason SEC Prediction: 4-4

Sept. 1 Stephen F. Austin W
Sept. 8 at Kansas State L
Sept. 15 Louisiana W
Sept. 22 at Kentucky W
Sept. 29 Florida W
Oct. 6 Auburn L
Oct. 13 OPEN DATE
Oct. 20 at LSU L
Oct. 27 Texas A&M L
Nov. 3 Louisiana Tech W
Nov. 10 at Alabama L
Nov. 17 Arkansas W
Nov. 22 at Ole Miss W

SEC West
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Texas A&M
T4. LSU
T4. Mississippi State
6. Arkansas
7. Ole Miss

link to article good read though https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/06/mississippi-state-bulldogs-college-football-preview-2018

Yea, that looks pretty random. Lose to KSU on the road , but beat both OM and UK on the road?

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 09:58 AM
I think we beat K State and LSU. LSU has no offensive identity. K State's offense is not better than our defense. Our front 7 will take care of K State's offense. We won't blow either team out but we aren't going to lose.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-05-2018, 10:03 AM
A lot of people misunderstand what Mullen did. If he was an elite gameday X's and O's guy, then yeah, I'd agree with thinking we could take a step back. However, all Mullen did was evaluate under the radar guys, do a decent job at developing them (except at WR), and he had a pretty solid scheme. But only the last of those is something he took with him, and Moorhead can obviously replace that. But people who didn't really pay close attention assume that he's a creative offensive and motivational genius, when really what he was best at are things that will still be intact in year 1.

The hottest take to me though isn't about us, it's about A&M. These people have a heck of a lot of faith in Jimbo to fix all the flaws instantly... just the change in offensive philosophy will mean it'll take time to recruit the right players

Jack Lambert
07-05-2018, 10:14 AM
I think we beat K State and LSU. LSU has no offensive identity. K State's offense is not better than our defense. Our front 7 will take care of K State's offense. We won't blow either team out but we aren't going to lose.

K State has their entire offense back but it wasn't a great offense. On the other side they lost their entire defense.

Lord McBuckethead
07-05-2018, 11:05 AM
A lot of people misunderstand what Mullen did. If he was an elite gameday X's and O's guy, then yeah, I'd agree with thinking we could take a step back. However, all Mullen did was evaluate under the radar guys, do a decent job at developing them (except at WR), and he had a pretty solid scheme. But only the last of those is something he took with him, and Moorhead can obviously replace that. But people who didn't really pay close attention assume that he's a creative offensive and motivational genius, when really what he was best at are things that will still be intact in year 1.

The hottest take to me though isn't about us, it's about A&M. These people have a heck of a lot of faith in Jimbo to fix all the flaws instantly... just the change in offensive philosophy will mean it'll take time to recruit the right players

I disagree on Jimbo. I think he has the opportunity to turn aTm into a powerhouse starting this season. Hope I am wrong, but they could be a force if they ever get the right coach in there. Jimbo may be the guy.

Lord McBuckethead
07-05-2018, 11:06 AM
K State has their entire offense back but it wasn't a great offense. On the other side they lost their entire defense.

K State's offense was pretty good. Our D better be ready to deal.

Bothrops
07-05-2018, 11:27 AM
K State's offense was pretty good. Our D better be ready to deal.

If we can't keep K-State out of the endzone much, it's going to be a disappointing season.

Political Hack
07-05-2018, 11:39 AM
KState will not know what hit them when our defense is done. Our DL will be the best DL they've ever seen. Period.

MetEdDawg
07-05-2018, 11:44 AM
KState will not know what hit them when our defense is done. Our DL will be the best DL they've ever seen. Period.

It's going to be similar to the Auburn game they played defensively. They gave up an early couple TDs I believe then it was lockdown city. Problem for Auburn was their offense was trashy that game.

I would expect 31-10 or 31-14. Something like that.

By the way, I believe the Vegas number is 8 wins for us right? I would love for some of these idiots projecting 6 or 7 wins to go put 5K on the line for that crap right now. There's no way in hell they would do it.

Jack Lambert
07-05-2018, 01:06 PM

I agree you can't compare SEC defenses to Big 12. Hell think how good our offense would have been playing in the Big 12 last season.

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 01:16 PM
I disagree on Jimbo. I think he has the opportunity to turn aTm into a powerhouse starting this season. Hope I am wrong, but they could be a force if they ever get the right coach in there. Jimbo may be the guy.

I feel like Texas A&M could be a trap game no one is talking about. Mullen obviously had Kevin Sumlin’s number, but Jimbo is a different ball game. He’s also recruiting lights out, so they will at least be a problem going forward if nothing else.

BuckyIsAB****
07-05-2018, 01:49 PM

Jimbo is overrated in my book Hes better than Sumlin but hes not going to turn A&M into what they think they are. I think its more of a A&M deal than who they get to coach.

Same with Texas. Bear Bryant said there was too many chiefs and not enough indians

BrunswickDawg
07-05-2018, 01:53 PM
I feel like Texas A&M could be a trap game no one is talking about. Mullen obviously had Kevin Sumlin’s number, but Jimbo is a different ball game. He’s also recruiting lights out, so they will at least be a problem going forward if nothing else.

Jimbo is collecting a paycheck. I think he has lost his edge and it will be same old same old under achieving A&M. Other than Johnny Football catching lightening in a bottle their first SEC season, they will be the same as they have been the last 20 years - all hat, no cowboy.

Jack Lambert
07-05-2018, 02:20 PM
I went back and looked at K-State recruiting..

2014-ranked 49th with one four star
2015-ranked 54th zero four star
2016 ranked 72nd zero four star
2017 ranked 61st zero four star
2018 ranked 71st zero four star.

Based on that we should win but man you have to give their coaches credit. They can't recruit but based on what they have done on the field they have coached their asses off.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 02:25 PM
They picked us #25. Strengths: QB, O line. Concerns: Passing attack, Coaching change. A special D line was mentioned as an afterthought in the last sentence. Quote: "Dan Mullen was that good". Yes, he rebuilt our program after Coach Croome, but they know or acknowledge none of the his "concerns" that held our program back. It was all about him. Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth. I guess we are back to poor, little MSU without Dan, the last of the top 25. I feel JoMo and the team will carry us to the next level this year and they will probably still give Dan all the credit. Let's see if Dan is "really that good" at Fl. I think not and it will (and is already showing in recruiting thus far) show very quickly. Fl recruits itself, all they were missing was Dan and the country club.**** Hail State!

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 02:33 PM
I went back and looked at K-State recruiting..

2014-ranked 49th with one four star
2015-ranked 54th zero four star
2016 ranked 72nd zero four star
2017 ranked 61st zero four star
2018 ranked 71st zero four star.

Based on that we should win but man you have to give their coaches credit. They can't recruit but based on what they have done on the field they have coached their asses off.

Is their coaching staff plus their talent level (on paper) enough to overcome our coaches and talent level, especially at their place? How have they fared recently against SEC competition similar to us? How tough is their conference overall? ( I'm just asking, too lazy to research.) If we don't win this game by at least 10, we are not ready for the next step. JMO. Hail State!

Jack Lambert
07-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Is their coaching staff plus their talent level (on paper) enough to overcome our coaches and talent level, especially at their place? How have they fared recently against SEC competition similar to us? How tough is their conference overall? ( I'm just asking, too lazy to research.) If we don't win this game by at least 10, we are not ready for the next step. JMO. Hail State!

They lost to Vandy, beat OK State last year and beat UCLA in a bowl game.

BrunswickDawg
07-05-2018, 03:04 PM
In the Big 12, K-State was:
9 of 10 in Total O (95th nationally - Croomtastic!)
6th in Scoring O (39th)
4th in Scoring D (50th)
6th in Total D (91st - Sirmonish!)

Meanwhile MSU in the SEC was:
6th in Total O (46th Nationally)
7th in Scoring O (41st)
6th in Scoring D (26th)
3rd in Total D(10th)

Interesting stat - K-State was 16th in the Nation in turnover margin at +10. Turnovers create points - and that probably explains why their offense was Croomtastic but their scoring offense was on par with ours and scoring D was not bad but out of what with Total D. They were 4th in turnover margin in 2016 at +13. They lived off turnovers the past 2 years to get to 9-4 and 8-5 respectively. If it is true that they lost most of their defensive playmakers - this stands to be a blow out.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 04:31 PM
6th in Scoring O (39th)
4th in Scoring D (50th)

7th in Scoring O (41st)
6th in Scoring D (26th)
3rd in Total D(10th)

Interesting stat - K-State was 16th in the Nation in turnover margin at +10. Turnovers create points - and that probably explains why their offense was Croomtastic but their scoring offense was on par with ours and scoring D was not bad but out of what with Total D. They were 4th in turnover margin in 2016 at +13. They lived off turnovers the past 2 years to get to 9-4 and 8-5 respectively. If it is true that they lost most of their defensive playmakers - this stands to be a blow out.

Thanks much! This is of course a new year, but just by Vandy beating them and these stats, I sure hope we don't get overconfident! Just don't see them doing much against our D. Our O with a healthy Fitz and better receivers with our returning O-line and backs should put up a lot of points also. Don't see their O doing much if they were in the SEC West. Now it looks like I'm getting too wooly.**

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 04:38 PM
6th in Scoring O (39th)
4th in Scoring D (50th)

7th in Scoring O (41st)
6th in Scoring D (26th)
3rd in Total D(10th)

Interesting. It sounds like K-State last year was MSU 2007 with a worse defense statistically. Plus as we know turnovers can be fairly random.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-05-2018, 04:40 PM
Thanks much! This is of course a new year, but just by Vandy beating them and these stats, I sure hope we don't get overconfident! Just don't see them doing much against our D. Our O with a healthy Fitz and better receivers with our returning O-line and backs should put up a lot of points also. Don't see their O doing much if they were in the SEC West. Now it looks like I'm getting too wooly.**

I never worry about overconfidence in the first big game of the year. All our guys will be chomping at the bit to hit someone, prove they are better off without Mullen, etc. THe game after that is the one you have to worry about. Think LSU-UGA last year

BHildreth3
07-05-2018, 05:57 PM
TAMU has a ton of talent. A lot of talent that got hurt early last year. They will be a lot better than we think.

FriarsPoint
07-05-2018, 06:24 PM
TAMU has a ton of talent. A lot of talent that got hurt early last year. They will be a lot better than we think.

High school football in the state of Texas is 7 on 7 pulling flags for a tackle. I don?t give a shit how many fing stars they have on their roster, if they?re all from the state of Texas, they will continue to get their ass kicked by boys from Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Pit Bull
07-06-2018, 02:54 AM
I have us winning at KSU and LSU, but both will be very tight and close games. Both tough and hostile places to play at. I do have Auburn beating us at Davis Wade.....their good QB is returning...Stidham?? I think? And while most fans don't think much of SFA, IMO, they will be a lot better than we think. We win it, but SFA is going to be like a Troy or LaTech team. Pesky hard nose hitting team that wont go away easy.

BiscuitEater
07-06-2018, 04:01 AM

Anyone picking KState, simply has NOT done their research.

* In 2017, 4 of their 8 wins were over 1 win teams.
* Like Jack said .. they lost MOST of their D
* Their team, coaches, admin AND base are in 'turmoil.' They had an agreement in place to have Jim Leavitt come in and be 'HC in waiting.' Current HC Bill Snyder, age 78, cancelled the agreement 'cause he wants his son Sean to be the next HC. It's become a 'no win' situation with everyone picking sides.
* MSU O and D will both be better than KSU's .. fact