preachermatt83
07-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Gregg Ellis leaving to take a job with tupelo school district

Cooterpoot
07-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Cohen getting rid of all the leaks.**

sleepy dawg
07-04-2018, 07:14 PM
I don't understand what's caused all this. It can't be a coincidence.

AFDawg
07-04-2018, 07:54 PM
I think it really is coincidental. Journalism has a high turnover rate and a tough economy. Matt isn?t leaving State; he?s just leaving Richard Cross. He?s been building his own brand for a while now. Brandon is actually moving -to- Starkville. Bob has been looking to spread his wings for a little bit. And Gregg commutes from Tupelo, which has to be tough

Dawg61
07-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Can we get an MSU media person to get a job with ESPN already? Move up to that job please somebody.

Dawg2003
07-04-2018, 08:16 PM
It’s just coincidence. Brandon was let go. Bob is young and has never had another job or lived anywhere else. Will Sammon is from NY and young, so I doubt he wants to stay here forever. But it is kinda weird how it happened all at once.

preachermatt83
07-04-2018, 08:24 PM
The thing with bob is weird. I completely get wanting new scenery and spreading wings and all that but my question is why not have another job lined up first. I mean I’ve wanted to move on before too but typically I always have my new place of employment lined up.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-04-2018, 11:01 PM
The thing with bob is weird. I completely get wanting new scenery and spreading wings and all that but my question is why not have another job lined up first. I mean I’ve wanted to move on before too but typically I always have my new place of employment lined up.

His parents probably pull 120k each, and he's an only child, right? Money may not be an issue at all

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 07:24 AM

Yeah, I couldn’t leave a job without anything else lined up. Especially in journalism where there aren’t jobs readily available. On the final B&B show, he said they are not filling his position.

Cooterpoot
07-05-2018, 07:51 AM
I mean I’ve wanted to move on before too but typically I always have my new place of employment lined up.

Mullen recruit you to Scientology?

Lord McBuckethead
07-05-2018, 07:57 AM
So the new show is going to be just the B Show.**

RiverCityDawg
07-05-2018, 08:11 AM
His parents probably pull 120k each, and he's an only child, right? Money may not be an issue at all

He's single and lives in Starkville. If he's saved anything at all over the years he should be fine. I doubt at this point he has to rely on his parents.

msstatelp1
07-05-2018, 08:17 AM
The thing with bob is weird. I completely get wanting new scenery and spreading wings and all that but my question is why not have another job lined up first. I mean I?ve wanted to move on before too but typically I always have my new place of employment lined up.

Just conjecture on my part but he may have something lined up that doesn't start for a while or his contract with State may have some type of noncompete clause that prevents him from saying where he's going. OR he may just be saying screw it, I want to go do some things I've never done. With no spouse or kids he doesn't need a big safety net if things don't work out.

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 11:25 AM
So I listened to the final B&B show today, and Bob said he left because he wanted to try something other than Starkville but also because he felt he had maxed out what he could do for MSU in a position of being pro-MSU all these years. He said he felt he had lost some credibility. Am I missing something? What does that mean? Does he mean he had no credibility because he was not an unbiased member of the media? If you want to hear what he said, it’s around the 32:00 mark of Part 3 of the podcast today.

msstatelp1
07-05-2018, 11:33 AM
So I listened to the final B&B show today, and Bob said he left because he wanted to try something other than Starkville but also because he felt he had maxed out what he could do for MSU in a position of being pro-MSU all these years. He said he felt he had lost some credibility. Am I missing something? What does that mean? Does he mean he had no credibility because he was not an unbiased member of the media? If you want to hear what he said, it?s around the 32:00 mark of Part 3 of the podcast today.

Means his job required him to present MSU in a positive light and people came to expect.that from him. Anytime he did say something positive people would wonder if that was really his opinion or if it was him doing his job.

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Means his job required him to present MSU in a positive light and people came to expect.that from him. Anytime he did say something positive people would wonder if that was really his opinion or if it was him doing his job.
Okay, that makes sense because he did work for MSU.

RocketDawg
07-05-2018, 02:50 PM

What kind of work do his parents do?

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 03:22 PM
What kind of work do his parents do?

They are both psychology professors. I had them both years ago. The dad has been at State forever and is still there. The mom is no longer at State. Not sure where she works now.

dickiedawg
07-05-2018, 03:40 PM

He?s not an only child. He?s also in his 30s and single, so probably not relying on Mom and Dad at this point.
I do think he said on the show this week his Dad took him moving pretty hard.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 11:50 PM
So I listened to the final B&B show today, and Bob said he left because he wanted to try something other than Starkville but also because he felt he had maxed out what he could do for MSU in a position of being pro-MSU all these years. He said he felt he had lost some credibility. Am I missing something? What does that mean? Does he mean he had no credibility because he was not an unbiased member of the media? If you want to hear what he said, it’s around the 32:00 mark of Part 3 of the podcast today.

Well, he did do that car karaoke thing with Cann singing a bunch of songs that in my opinion were worse than that "Journey song".**** Hail Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Van Halen, and AC/DC! Hail State!

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 11:57 PM

Guess things have changed since the late, great Jack Cristil worked at State. Never stopped him from telling it like it was. Example: "Tonight's drive of the game will be when I drive home from Starkville to Tupelo" or our ineptitude on a offensive play, "Well, it's only the 9th game of the season". Hail Jack! Hail State! Best wishes for Bob in his future endeavors.

starkvegasdawg
07-06-2018, 12:24 AM
I don't understand what's caused all this. It can't be a coincidence.

It's the bench mobb. The second B is silent.