PDA

View Full Version : Oh boiiii the hits just keep on coming for Florida in recruiting

Dawg61
07-04-2018, 05:44 PM
this Oregon commit is talking about Florida here in this tweet. Read the comments. https://twitter.com/CSteph90/status/1013937158107877376.

(and no Scooba sorry I am not going to embed the tweet cause it ****s up the entire post and makes it a link)

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/48192520.jpg

Seems you are just an idiot.. But we already knew that dumbass - Scooba

Dawg61
07-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Oh and if you need a translator this Oregon commit just told the world Mullen & Staff think all their current WRs are too stupid to see the field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhI6d80UEAAW9sM.jpg

Bulldog1
07-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Found this in the comments:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhJH-mWUYAACJiZ?format=jpg

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Sounds exactly like typical Dan "it takes 4 years for a RB to learn how to pass block" Mullen... won't let any young talent see the field because they haven't proven 50 times over they know everything about every play.

Todd4State
07-04-2018, 10:52 PM
Sounds exactly like typical Dan "it takes 4 years for a RB to learn how to pass block" Mullen... won't let any young talent see the field because they haven't proven 50 times over they know everything about every play.

The thing that would piss me off was when it was obvious that Holloway couldn't pass block and then Aeris would come in and be decent or at least look like he knew what he was doing for the most part. And that's just one example. Zachary Jackson was pretty bad too.

Dawg61
07-04-2018, 11:25 PM
The thing that would piss me off was when it was obvious that Holloway couldn't pass block and then Aeris would come in and be decent or at least look like he knew what he was doing for the most part. And that's just one example. Zachary Jackson was pretty bad too.

Mullen also ran off a couple RBs that were better than Holloway, didn't use one WR that saw time on an NFL roster and kicked off another that also saw time on an NFL roster. He badly miss used the TEs too. Mullen was just an egotistical dickhead who wouldn't listen to anyone. Dude thought he was Belichick cause he talked to him once. He was being a prick and acting like he was above figuring out who his best starting freshman kicker was a year removed from losing a game to South Alabama cause his last kicker sucked. Remember when he totally freaked out on an MSU reporter cause he asked him about an injury? That was like year three. I don't think Mullen used a timeout before halftime ever in 9 years.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2018, 11:27 PM
Mullen also ran off a couple RBs that were better than Holloway, didn't use one WR that saw time on an NFL roster and kicked off another that also saw time on an NFL roster. He badly miss used the TEs too. Mullen was just an egotistical dickhead who wouldn't listen to anyone. Dude thought he was Belichick cause he talked to him once. He was being a prick and acting like he was above figuring out who his best starting freshman kicker was a year removed from losing a game to South Alabama cause his last kicker sucked. Remember when he totally freaked out on an MSU reporter cause he asked him about an injury? That was like year three. I don't think Mullen used a timeout before halftime ever in 9 years.

Who are the RB’s & WR’s you’re referring to?

Dawg61
07-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Who are the RB’s & WR’s you’re referring to?

Derrick Milton was better than Holloway, he fumbled like three times but he was still far more talented than the pint sizer and really Mullen ran off JRob too with their divorce during the Kentucky game. Dude wanted 200 yards, Mullen shoulda let him have it. Certainly not deserving of getting asked to leave. I forget the WRs name (Smith maybe) because that's how little he played here but he was shorter 5'10ish white guy, slot WR and played for the Cardinals I believe for a season. Fred Brown was the other WR and I know he got in trouble for assault or something but I thought it was a very abrupt kicking off of the team for a projected starter.

MoreCowbell
07-05-2018, 12:00 AM
Pretty sure Fred Brown got kicked out of school for cheating.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 12:04 AM
Derrick Milton was better than Holloway, he fumbled like three times but he was still far more talented than the pint sizer and really Mullen ran off JRob too with their divorce during the Kentucky game. Dude wanted 200 yards, Mullen shoulda let him have it. Certainly not deserving of getting asked to leave. I forget the WRs name (Smith maybe) because that's how little he played here but he was shorter 5'10ish white guy, slot WR and played for the Cardinals I believe for a season. Fred Brown was the other WR and I know he got in trouble for assault or something but I thought it was a very abrupt kicking off of the team for a projected starter.

I think you are referring to Lance Long who was Croom's doing.

The Robinson thing was arrogant and silly to me. I mean let the guy get 200 yards. Call inside zone up the middle and tell him he has one chance to get it.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 12:06 AM
Pretty sure Fred Brown got kicked out of school for cheating.

True. But I will say that you could tell that Dan didn't like him. He became one of my favorites after he got kicked out of the Alcorn State game for taunting. I thought it was awesome. And we lacked swag at the WR position badly.

Dawg61
07-05-2018, 12:20 AM
True. But I will say that you could tell that Dan didn't like him. He became one of my favorites after he got kicked out of the Alcorn State game for taunting. I thought it was awesome. And we lacked swag at the WR position badly.

We got crippled that year at WR with Brown and DeRunnya not on the team.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 12:38 AM
We got crippled that year at WR with Brown and DeRunnya not on the team.

No question about that.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-05-2018, 01:01 AM

Milton transferred before Holloway was really a factor. Holloway got the 3rd most carries at RB the year after Milton left. Lance Long never played for Mullen. Fred Brown was kicked out of school for cheating. A decision Mullen had no hand in.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-05-2018, 01:05 AM

He didn’t like him? He played a lot his Soph year & started his Jr year. He would’ve been a go to guy his Sr year if he didn’t get kicked out of school.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 01:38 AM
He didn’t like him? He played a lot his Soph year & started his Jr year. He would’ve been a go to guy his Sr year if he didn’t get kicked out of school.

I don't think liking someone is a prerequisite to playing or even starting them.

In fact if given the choice I'm pretty sure Dan would start a senior he didn't like over a sophomore he liked.

See Josh Robinson.

TUSK
07-05-2018, 05:02 AM
I don't think liking someone is a prerequisite to playing or even starting them.

Yep, Ya just submarine their potential NFL career.

See DJ Hall.

bulldawg28
07-05-2018, 06:18 AM

See DJ Hall.

That dude was a beast.

msstate7
07-05-2018, 06:51 AM
I get why everyone seems to hate Mullen, but he was a Godsend to our program. He elevated us, and left us in excellent shape to keep things going forward. For the ones that can't wait to gloat, I'm pretty sure you'll get your chance... taggart and smart recruit too well for Mullen to consistently beat them. Unless Mullen can step up his game recruiting, he won't last but 3-4 years at Florida imo

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 08:16 AM
I get why everyone seems to hate Mullen, but he was a Godsend to our program. He elevated us, and left us in excellent shape to keep things going forward. For the ones that can't wait to gloat, I'm pretty sure you'll get your chance... taggart and smart recruit too well for Mullen to consistently beat them. Unless Mullen can step up his game recruiting, he won't last but 3-4 years at Florida imo

After Croom pretty much anybody would have been a Godsend. Everyone thinks Mullen overachieved at State but the truth is he was underachieving. His arrogance, Country Club and indifference to recruiting actually held us back.

thf24
07-05-2018, 08:33 AM
After Croom pretty much anybody would have been a Godsend. Everyone thinks Mullen overachieved at State but the truth is he was underachieving. His arrogance, Country Club and indifference to recruiting actually held us back.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he underachieved, but I do think the most important thing Mullen left us with, establishment of a solid foundation and baseline of relative consistency, could have been done by a lot of competent coaches in the renaissance of sorts that our athletic department entered starting with Byrne.

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say he underachieved, but I do think the most important thing Mullen left us with, establishment of a solid foundation and baseline of relative consistency, could have been done by a lot of competent coaches in the renaissance of sorts that our athletic department entered starting with Byrne.

I would. Mailing in it every other EB and letting your buds recruit by Morse Code and smoke signals is underachieving. We got a decent coach with an IQ after Croom. We just got what 75% percent of the CFB teams in America had.

msstate7
07-05-2018, 09:03 AM

If Mullen underachieved, he underachieved less than any coach we've had. When we are a 9-10 team this year, you can thank the country club for leaving us a very talented team

Really Clark?
07-05-2018, 09:03 AM
I think you are referring to Lance Long who was Croom's doing.

The Robinson thing was arrogant and silly to me. I mean let the guy get 200 yards. Call inside zone up the middle and tell him he has one chance to get it.

That issue with Robinson was his career in a nut shell (and away from games as well) and why that was the correct call. JRob as talented and likeable as he was, had himself above the team for most of his career. To a large degree he was about himself. Did things off the field and during the offseason to create issues for himself. And y?all can complain about the RB pass blocking deal but what Mullen truthfully could have said about JRob was that he refuses to do it consistently. He would let blockers go on purpose. He would pout and be petulant at times. Y?all don?t know some of the things going on behind the scenes during all of that. And Mullen hated him so much that he gave JRob full access to our facilities for years AFTER he turned pro to help him? Come on guys

Dawg61. Milton never was higher than the 3rd back at McNeese St...at McNeese St...not SEC but McNeese St. That should tell where his talent level really was.

thf24
07-05-2018, 09:10 AM
That issue with Robinson was his career in a nut shell (and away from games as well) and why that was the correct call. JRob as talented and likeable as he was, had himself above the team for most of his career. To a large degree he was about himself. Did things off the field and during the offseason to create issues for himself. And y?all can complain about the RB pass blocking deal but what Mullen truthfully could have said about JRob was that he refuses to do it consistently. He would let blockers go on purpose. He would pout and be petulant at times. Y?all don?t know some of the things going on behind the scenes during all of that. And Mullen hated him so much that he gave JRob full access to our facilities for years AFTER he turned pro to help him? Come on guys

Dawg61. Milton never was higher than the 3rd back at McNeese St...at McNeese St...not SEC but McNeese St. That should tell where his talent level really was.

Damn, that's bad. If true it makes me wonder how he managed to stay on the team as long as he did and not get his ass beat. Having that little regard for your teammates and their heath is a completely different level of selfishness.

Really Clark?
07-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Damn, that's bad. If true it makes me wonder how he managed to stay on the team as long as he did and not get his ass beat. Having that little regard for your teammates and their heath is a completely different level of selfishness.

And I should clarify, not purposefully to get someone hurt but purposefully I am just not going to do it or give minimum effort. And it wasn’t he was doing it every game. But if he felt a certain way, no effort. And he had great side to him as well and did his extra punishments and such. Incredible talent, incredible headcase at times, enormous pain to coach at timeswa

Dawg61
07-05-2018, 09:26 AM
After Croom pretty much anybody would have been a Godsend.

Mullen owes Croom about $10 mill for successfully destroying the fanbase's confidence we could compete in the SEC. Croom used to feed us shit about how we were Po Ol Miss State so he could keep his job longer.

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 09:32 AM
If Mullen underachieved, he underachieved less than any coach we've had. When we are a 9-10 team this year, you can thank the country club for leaving us a very talented team

I'm not thanking the Country Club for shit.

1bigdawg
07-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Mullen did a good job. Fans will find fault with any coach over time. Mullen had a lot. His favoritism toward the CC boys was the worst to me, but there were several. His constantly looking for another job and tanking at the end of the season was also horrible.

Five years from now, some on hear will talk about Moorhead's faults. If you don't believe me, go over to the Alabama boards for a little while.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 10:34 AM

That can go both ways. If you treat someone with respect sometimes they respect you back. One of Robinson's key plays of all time was a block against some dude from Arkansas that sprung Damien Williams open for a touchdown in 2013. Which is ironic.

Really Clark?
07-05-2018, 11:03 AM
That can go both ways. If you treat someone with respect sometimes they respect you back. One of Robinson's key plays of all time was a block against some dude from Arkansas that sprung Damien Williams open for a touchdown in 2013. Which is ironic.

Dude the staff gave him so many chances and tried to work with him so many ways. The person has to want to change as well. He also missed key blocks his junior year and his touches got lowered because of some of his issues. It goes both ways but most of JRob’s problems were his problems, not the staff.

Dawg61
07-05-2018, 11:15 AM

When you water a plant it tends to grow. Ignore it, treat it like shit and discard it and it never reaches it's full potential. Idc what anyone says Milton was a much better RB than he got treated at State.

dawgday166
07-05-2018, 11:35 AM
I don't like Mullen much, never have on a personality level. He can be pretty arrogant and lazy at times. The laziness is what used to piss me off about him.

Having said that, I'll give him his due. Mullen did get MSU to a higher level on a somewhat consistent basis to some extent.

When Mullen puts forth the effort, he's a pretty good coach. He also can recruit at times, when he and his staff apply themselves. See 2015 and 2017, although in 2017 he kinda got lucky with the Jucos he brought in that bolstered the team so well. That's part of the reason this team has so much talent on it. Doesn't mean he'll out recruit Kirby, Taggart, or Richt tho.

And while Hev is a lazy recruiter, he can coach O-line when he applies himself too.

When Mullen's the underdog going in (except against Bama), he can be very dangerous. He does tend to choke some in big games too.

I don't think the FL game next year will be the walk-in-the-park game everyone thinks it will be. I think it will probably be a tough game. Florida returns everyone from last year, with a lot of those as 4* players. And while many on this board will laugh somewhat cause of their last year's record, remember this. They lost their coach mid-season. And no one thought we would be that good last year after our 2016 debacle of a season.

Side note: My neighbor is big FL fan. Thinks they gonna be good and will easily beat us by about 20 or so. He would only give me 14 pts tho in a bet on that game.

Another thing: It's still early in the recruiting cycle. I really like what JoMo and staff are doing and their effort is huge compared to previous staff. But we still have to keep all of the ones we have, and add some others. Still too early to tell for sure.

Really Clark?
07-05-2018, 11:36 AM
When you water a plant it tends to grow. Ignore it, treat it like shit and discard it and it never reaches it's full potential. Idc what anyone says Milton was a much better RB than he got treated at State.

I know he didn’t feel like he was treated bad by the staff and loved his time at state. But knew he wasn’t beating out other guys. Way off base with your supposition

Dawg61
07-05-2018, 11:43 AM
I know he didn’t feel like he was treated bad by the staff and loved his time at state. But knew he wasn’t beating out other guys. Way off base with your supposition

Maybe I am and maybe the better way to say it is when you believe in someone they tend to raise themselves to your expectations.

thf24
07-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Side note: My neighbor is big FL fan. Thinks they gonna be good and will easily beat us by about 20 or so. He would only give me 14 pts tho in a bet on that game.

What QB does your neighbor believe is going to run Mullen's offense to the effect of a 30-40 point effort such as that this year?

msstate7
07-05-2018, 11:44 AM
I don't like Mullen much, never have on a personality level. He can be pretty arrogant and lazy at times. The laziness is what used to piss me off about him.

Having said that, I'll give him his due. Mullen did get MSU to a higher level on a somewhat consistent basis to some extent.

When Mullen puts forth the effort, he's a pretty good coach. He also can recruit at times, when he and his staff apply themselves. See 2015 and 2017, although in 2017 he kinda got lucky with the Jucos he brought in that bolstered the team so well. That's part of the reason this team has so much talent on it. Doesn't mean he'll out recruit Kirby, Taggart, or Richt tho.

And while Hev is a lazy recruiter, he can coach O-line when he applies himself too.

When Mullen's the underdog going in (except against Bama), he can be very dangerous. He does tend to choke some in big games too.

I don't think the FL game next year will be the walk-in-the-park game everyone thinks it will be. I think it will probably be a tough game. Florida returns everyone from last year, with a lot of those as 4* players. And while many on this board will laugh somewhat cause of their last year's record, remember this. They lost their coach mid-season. And no one thought we would be that good last year after our 2016 debacle of a season.

Another thing: It's still early in the recruiting cycle. I really like what JoMo and staff are doing and their effort is huge compared to previous staff. But we still have to keep all of the ones we have, and add some others. Still too early to tell for sure.

We better be ready for some PA long passes. Mullen knows our personnel, and our CBs and safeties can be beat. I saw 27-17 state

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 11:45 AM
What QB does your neighbor believe is going to run Mullen's offense to the effect of a 30-40 point effort such as that this year?

Cord Sandberg***

dawgday166
07-05-2018, 11:51 AM

I'm sorta scratching my head on that one too but ... Mullen did a pretty good job when applying himself in 2009 and 2010 with below average QBs. So I think it depends on a few factors and if Mullen will narrow down his O to Franks' (or whoever's) abilities. Also depends on how fast Hev coaches up the Oline IMO.

Outside of that, I think their D may be pretty darn good.

I don't think they'll put 30 on us. Question is: Will we put 30 on them?

Really Clark?
07-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Maybe I am and maybe the better way to say it is when you believe in someone they tend to raise themselves to your expectations.

That is part of your supposition as well though. It wasn’t that way with him. And he couldn’t beat out 2 other RB’s at McNeese St. Maybe...just maybe...it was talent issue with the player. I can tell you Milton wasn’t treated unfairly by the staff. That’s just incorrect. Find another player and there was things there we can discuss but not him

dawgday166
07-05-2018, 11:56 AM
We better be ready for some PA long passes. Mullen knows our personnel, and our CBs and safeties can be beat. I saw 27-17 state

Here's the thing that concerns me some. Mullen isn't a dummy. However, he runs his base stuff against pretty much everybody, including Bama. He thinks "just gotta out execute them". But out executing Bama is next to impossible. On the other hand, someone like Freeze or JoMo will scheme to beat Bama more than Mullen will.

My concern is that for this game, Mullen may surprise us with stuff that he schemes up. He may actually use that intellect of his to come up with some good wrinkles, and work towards explosive plays, moreso than he normally does. I think we need to be prepared for that some.

ETA: You probably won't see a QB draw 2 to 3 times in a row inside the 10 either.

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Here's the thing that concerns me some. Mullen isn't a dummy. However, he runs his base stuff against pretty much everybody, including Bama. He thinks "just gotta out execute them". But out executing Bama is next to impossible. On the other hand, someone like Freeze or JoMo will scheme to beat Bama more than Mullen will.

My concern is that for this game, Mullen may surprise us with stuff that he schemes up. He may actually use that intellect of his to come up with some good wrinkles, and work towards explosive plays, moreso than he normally does. I think we need to be prepared for that some.

ETA: You probably won't see a QB draw 2 to 3 times in a row inside the 10 either.

You make some good points. I don’t feel like it’s a given we win that game at all. I wonder if Mullen even cares if he wins that game outside of needing a win. I can’t see him caring that much because it was apparent he was done with State for awhile.

dawgday166
07-05-2018, 12:31 PM
You make some good points. I don’t feel like it’s a given we win that game at all. I wonder if Mullen even cares if he wins that game outside of needing a win. I can’t see him caring that much because it was apparent he was done with State for awhile.

I kinda think just the opposite. I could be wrong but I think he has some hard feelings for MSU for a few reasons, based on past message board discussions. I think he will want this game very badly. Maybe more so than any game outside of GA or FSU.

BrunswickDawg
07-05-2018, 02:02 PM
I kinda think just the opposite. I could be wrong but I think he has some hard feelings for MSU for a few reasons, based on past message board discussions. I think he will want this game very badly. Maybe more so than any game outside of GA or FSU.

I see a reverse version of the 2009 UF/MSU game. Too Gloves will scheme well and pull out all the stops to beat his former team, but ultimately his stubborn reliance on a QB option run in a game winning situation will fall short because he doesn't have a Tebow/Dak/Fitz in his back field. I hope he wears shorts too.

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 02:46 PM
I see a reverse version of the 2009 UF/MSU game. Too Gloves will scheme well and pull out all the stops to beat his former team, but ultimately his stubborn reliance on a QB option run in a game winning situation will fall short because he doesn't have a Tebow/Dak/Fitz in his back field. I hope he wears shorts too.

Plus Fitz and the guys want this game more than Mullen's new team. Mullen will not be able to get his guys that motivated. This team has been motivated since the day he left.

RocketDawg
07-05-2018, 02:46 PM
We've got to remember that Mullen wants to beat us as bad as we want to beat him. I don't think he has a lot of love for MSU, even though we gave him his shot at the big time. That's why I hope if we get a big lead, we don't take our foot off the gas.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 03:20 PM

We quickly discovered that Dan thought he invented football and was a smart***. Ok when he was our smart*** and giving his all. Not Ok when it became all about him and the annual losses at years' end and job searchs began to get out. Don't forget we were and will always be his 1st "girlfriend", (HC). He quickly developed a "wandering eye" as he thought he had outgrown the small town girl. Very few coaches last that long at one college. He checked out sooner that the majority of fans checked out on him is what tee's many of us off. On to JoMo and the next level! Hail State!

Dawg2003
07-05-2018, 03:26 PM
We've got to remember that Mullen wants to beat us as bad as we want to beat him. I don't think he has a lot of love for MSU, even though we gave him his shot at the big time. That's why I hope if we get a big lead, we don't take our foot off the gas.

I think he really disliked us in the end. It’s kind of like a stale marriage. I’m not sure it was personal as much as he had tried to move on for years, and I guess no one would take him.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 03:34 PM

See DJ Hall.

Fred got to come back for our NFL pro day. He messed up in the classroom, but was still a dawg and not forgotten.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 03:39 PM

Why bother to use your timeouts before the half when you've got the lead and might add a FG or even a TD? Better to sit on the lead than try to build momentum and put the opponent away.**** Can't you bank unused TO's to the 2nd half when we usually drew up against the big boys in close games?***

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 03:47 PM

I don't hate him. I appreciate what he did. I don't appreciate him calling for "relentless effort" from the players, fans, students and not giving it himself in the later years of his tenure. Jackie flamed out the last few years and I let him have it, but he was and is the Kang. Dan, let it become more about him than us. It could have been even better. As, the years pass feelings will cool down. He got us ready for the next step, but if is is taken this year it will be more than all about him and what he left. Hail State!

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Mullen owes Croom about $10 mill for successfully destroying the fanbase's confidence we could compete in the SEC. Croom used to feed us shit about how we were Po Ol Miss State so he could keep his job longer.

Underachieved comment: What was Dan's record against ranked teams again? How must effort after his annual loss to bama, especially the last few Egg Bowls? The relationship had a lost of good things, but it was past time for a change for both. The Good Lord help us if we don't beat Fl. You will really see "that it was all about him" no one but he and the club could win at MSU! Hail State!

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 04:02 PM

Cord Sandburg.*** Bringing in QB transfers only way to go and will inspire confidence in underclass QB's already on team (See LSU after this year).***

Bothrops
07-05-2018, 04:05 PM

The Florida game will go down to the wire. We better be ready.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Does anybody know what UFs recruiting class was ranked before Dan got there vs what it is now

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know what UFs recruiting class was ranked before Dan got there vs what it is now

They didn't have many commits and still don't. There is also a place to check decommits on 24/7. Don't know if he lost any after his hire. Check their targets. They are expecting some big names b4 signing day. I sure don't think they close better than, FSU, Miami, Ga, bama,etc.

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 04:33 PM
I don't hate him. I appreciate what he did. I don't appreciate him calling for "relentless effort" from the players, fans, students and not giving it himself in the later years of his tenure. Jackie flamed out the last few years and I let him have it, but he was and is the Kang. Dan, let it become more about him than us. It could have been even better. As, the years pass feelings will cool down. He got us ready for the next step, but if is is taken this year it will be more than all about him and what he left. Hail State!

The best thing I can say about Dan is he didn't lose to people like Louisiana Tech consistently. Sure he lost to South Alabama that one time- but I can tolerate a loss like that once every 10 years. At the same time he didn't win enough big games for us either and it felt like we were stuck on 6-8 wins with little hope of ever taking that next step even though we were clearly ready to do so.

Goldendawg
07-05-2018, 04:45 PM
The best thing I can say about Dan is he didn't lose to people like Louisiana Tech consistently. Sure he lost to South Alabama that one time- but I can tolerate a loss like that once every 10 years. At the same time he didn't win enough big games for us either and it felt like we were stuck on 6-8 wins with little hope of ever taking that next step even though we were clearly ready to do so.

Yeah, "Remember the Maine", and many others. 6 to 8 wins has become much easier with a 12 game schedule, always win against the 4 OOC of which 3 are usually cupcakes, continue to beat Ky and another weak SEC East team, beat arky, beat UNM consistantly and AU, aTm, LSU everyonce in a while and there it is. Beating bama every once in a while along with ranked opponents is the next step to competing for the West. Our foot is raised for 2018. Complete the step! Hail State! (Heck, with "150" bowls, according to the NCAA, even 5-7 is sometimes considered worthy of reward.**).

Todd4State
07-05-2018, 05:35 PM

I think he's so delusional he'll be surprised that we aren't unveiling a statue of him, Megan, and Hevesy.

Hopefully he will coach it like practically every other big game he was involved with at MSU.

msbulldog
07-05-2018, 06:00 PM

And his boys have never met Simmons/Sweat/Rivers/Green.

msbulldog
07-05-2018, 06:03 PM

Plus quite a few million dollars!

msbulldog
07-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Dan got to Florida in December 2017, before early signing day. He solidified their current class and picked up a few more of ours like a OL out of Ga. Ended up #14 which was about where they were.

Goldendawg
07-06-2018, 02:34 AM
According to article trending today on MSN.com , sports stories, Dan is now the 9th highest paid coach in the country, a little over $6 mil per year. $36 mil over 6 years. I don't see he and the club making it 6. Wonder what the buyout is?