PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Homer's SEC Predictions

Bulldog1
07-04-2018, 04:53 PM
This is hilarious.

LINK (https://olehottytoddy.com/2018/07/04/ole-miss-football-july-football-season-sec-prediction-time/)
He has Ole Miss finishing 3rd in the West and us 4th. LOL!

So, here?s my surprise pick for third in the SEC West. Yes, it?s Ole Miss! You can call me a homer but with one of the most explosive offenses in the country with just a modest improvement in defense can lead to a 9-3 or 8-4 season. Next I?ll go with Mississippi State. I believe they will go 8-4 with a stout defense and I picked them behind Ole Miss simply I think the odds of the road team winning four consecutive Egg Bowls are not good.

Coursesuper
07-04-2018, 04:59 PM
This is hilarious.

LINK (https://olehottytoddy.com/2018/07/04/ole-miss-football-july-football-season-sec-prediction-time/)

Anything that wackjob puts online anywhere should immediately be deleted, he's completely delusional.

Jacksondevildog
07-04-2018, 05:06 PM
I talked to a couple of high school football coaches last week that watched Ole Miss practice in the spring. They are Rebel fans and said their defense will be horrible this year.

Ari Gold
07-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Their Offense may not be as good either.
No running game . And a little game film on the Pineapple now

Bulldog1
07-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Everyone but this guy knows their defense will be garbage. "Improved." Smh.

starkvegasdawg
07-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Everyone but this guy knows their defense will be garbage. "Improved." Smh.
Improvement is relative. It has gone from Ole to Hey Hey Hey not so fast.

DanDority
07-04-2018, 07:35 PM
This is hilarious.

Well, I could've sworn everyone on here said we'd beat the hell out of them this past year. So I don't see it as crazy as you do.

QuadrupleOption
07-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Well, I could've sworn everyone on here said we'd beat the hell out of them this past year. So I don't see it as crazy as you do.

This past year was a fluke. Take away two of our turnovers and we win comfortably.
Yeah I know they won,but we were the better team. Period.

I just look at it as their revenge for the 2013 Egg Bowl. We'll kick their asses in November.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-04-2018, 08:52 PM

Winning the Egg Bowl is a big jump from 9 wins this year. They’ve won 11 games the previous 2 seasons combined but Luke is going to lead them to 9 wins? I’ll have to see that to believe it.

Bulldog1
07-04-2018, 08:58 PM

They will not be 8-4 or 9-3 like this guy predicts. I guarantee.

BeardoMSU
07-04-2018, 09:24 PM
Ole Jim might as well glue his hands to his head, because once September begins, they ain't coming down...
http://i.imgur.com/oZFt8MB.gif

thf24
07-05-2018, 07:50 AM
They will not be 8-4 or 9-3 like this guy predicts. I guarantee.

He predicts a minimum of 8-4 every single year. They're either set up to make a run or will be the big surprise of that year. I think he predicted them to go 10-2 last year. No such thing as a down year or rebuilding year in his mind for them.

thf24
07-05-2018, 07:51 AM
delete

msstatelp1
07-05-2018, 08:22 AM

If we had a coach without a foot out the door, we would have. Mullen didn't care if we won or lost, all he cared about was leaving.

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 08:27 AM
6-6 because of their defense.

Covercorner2
07-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Improvement is relative. It has gone from Ole to Hey Hey Hey not so fast.

This is what I don't understand. They keep saying "it can't be worse!" Uh, yes, it can. You lost your three best defensive players and didn't sign any replacements worth a damn.

MetEdDawg
07-05-2018, 08:34 AM
6-6 because of their defense.

They aren't going 6-6 because they play Texas Tech who is going to torch their defense opening game. They also play SC as their cross over.

Texas Tech, SC, Bama, Auburn, LSU, us, Texas A&M. And they get Arkansas on the road. Not a guaranteed win. I think 5-7 is the best they can do. The SEC has shown that it's good offenses can torch bad defenses. In those 8 games I think OM will have to score a minimum of 30 points to even have a chance to win those games.

99jc
07-05-2018, 09:23 AM
even Nafoom thinks he is full of shit

Yesterday, 1:17 pm #2
I'd be shocked by anything outside of the 5-7 to 7-5 range. 6-6 is my prediction, but I'd lean toward 7-5 over 5-7 if it's not 6-6.

TTU and Ark are the 2 swing games. Gotta win 1 of those 2 at a minimum.

Schedule is pretty favorable but our 3 easiest P5 games (TTU, Ark, Vandy) are all away from home.

bovice

Yesterday, 1:46 pm #3
9-3 with Matt Luke coaching. And McGriff leading the defense again?? Wow. That's some serious homer shit right there. Look, I think we'll be damn fun to watch.....on offense. Defensively, I have very little faith in McGriff. I just don't see us getting much better because i think coaching was a large part of our defensive woes, and I'm guessing most of you will be calling for a change after this season. Don't get me wrong. Nick Saban couldn't have turned us into the #1 defense, but I dont think we should've been 14th and worst in the history of the school either. I saw enough last year to write McGriff off. I hope I'm wrong and ill be the first to admit it if were better on D.

Zv2

Yesterday, 1:50 pm #4
2-10.

Bodhisattva

Yesterday, 1:59 pm #5
bovice wrote:
9-3 with Matt Luke coaching. And McGriff leading the defense again?? Wow. That's some serious homer shit right there. Look, I think we'll be damn fun to watch.....on offense. Defensively, I have very little faith in McGriff. I just don't see us getting much better because i think coaching was a large part of our defensive woes, and I'm guessing most of you will be calling for a change after this season. Don't get me wrong. Nick Saban couldn't have turned us into the #1 defense, but I dont think we should've been 14th and worst in the history of the school either. I saw enough last year to write McGriff off. I hope I'm wrong and ill be the first to admit it if were better on D.
Completely agree on McGriff but we aren't anywhere near SEC caliber level talent on d. It's that bad. And sadly there's no end in sight to the issue as far as I can tell.

A new/better DC would help but it would take a real miracle worker to turn our d into a middle of the pack unit by SEC standards. Think how bad we were for most of last yr and then consider that we lost Speaks, Gates, and Haynes (who actually had a disappointing sr season).

rebelpimp

Yesterday, 4:11 pm #6
That’s written by possibly the biggest OM homer in Dallas. Seems like I remember him being known for tweeting a lot at recruits. A lot.

msu15
07-05-2018, 09:31 AM

Ummmmmm, well we kind of lost our starting QB in the first quarter of the game.

dawgs
07-05-2018, 09:37 AM
If we had a coach without a foot out the door, we would have. Mullen didn't care if we won or lost, all he cared about was leaving.

Even still, we win the game if fitz doesn't get hurt. Took awhile for keyteon to get comfortable and when he did, we were pretty deep in the hole. Plus the shock from seeing your QB's foot turned sideways kinda put the whole team in a daze for the 1st half.

TrapGame
07-05-2018, 09:51 AM
They aren't going 6-6 because they play Texas Tech who is going to torch their defense opening game. They also play SC as their cross over.

Texas Tech, SC, Bama, Auburn, LSU, us, Texas A&M. And they get Arkansas on the road. Not a guaranteed win. I think 5-7 is the best they can do. The SEC has shown that it's good offenses can torch bad defenses. In those 8 games I think OM will have to score a minimum of 30 points to even have a chance to win those games.

I was being generous but 5-7 is definitely in the realm of possibility. 5-0 still has some question marks too.

Pollodawg
07-05-2018, 10:48 AM
LMAO.

BuckyIsAB****
07-06-2018, 07:34 AM

Geez. If not for the hit on Fitz (arguably dirty) and umpteen turnovers we win by 2 TDs.

OM isnt beating MSU this year unless another freak injury happens, God forbid but if it happens to Fitz again I dont think they will beat Thompson this time

BuckyIsAB****
07-06-2018, 07:36 AM
OM will beat TTU and go 6-6 probably

TUSK
07-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Let's say they win out their OOC and win @Vandy (although they may be a dog vs TTU & @Vandy).

They are gonna get beat by Bammer, @LSU and by Aubie....

That leaves 4 games of which they will have to win 3 to go 8-4...

@Arky
USCe
@A&M
MSU

I don't see 3 wins on that list...

BuckyIsAB****
07-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Let's say they win out their OOC and win @Vandy (although they may be a dog vs TTU & @Vandy).

They are gonna get beat by Bammer, @LSU and by Aubie....

That leaves 4 games of which they will have to win 3 to go 8-4...

@Arky
USCe
@A&M
MSU

I don't see 3 wins on that list...

They probably beat Vandy and TTU. And they probably play LSU close because they always seem to but I think they lose. They could beat UPig but thats a toss up. 2-6 record in SEC and they probably win all 4 non conf games

Dawg2003
07-07-2018, 01:35 PM
This stuff is why I think they will never amount to much. Because they drink their own kool aid and really think they have some kind of elite program and history. Even when everything on paper says otherwise. They think they have already arrived are elite.

DownwardDawg
07-07-2018, 04:58 PM
I keep seeing our fans call their QB Hawaii 5-0. Uuuuummmm, that would be Alabama’s QB. He was nicknamed that instantly out of high school.

Todd4State
07-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Their Offense may not be as good either.
No running game . And a little game film on the Pineapple now
Jordan Wilkins was more of a reason why their offense got better than Ta'Amuu. He finished with a completion percentage of less than 50% against us and he will have to carry them without a running game which will allow teams to bracket their receivers.

Todd4State
07-07-2018, 09:38 PM
They probably beat Vandy and TTU. And they probably play LSU close because they always seem to but I think they lose. They could beat UPig but thats a toss up. 2-6 record in SEC and they probably win all 4 non conf games

I definitely agree that those two games are toss ups for Ole Miss. And how thy do in those game will determine whether they go 4-8 or 6-6. Especially Texas Tech. If they lose that one the air could come out of the balloon pretty quickly.

Todd4State
07-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Even still, we win the game if fitz doesn't get hurt. Took awhile for keyteon to get comfortable and when he did, we were pretty deep in the hole. Plus the shock from seeing your QB's foot turned sideways kinda put the whole team in a daze for the 1st half.

If Dan would have let Key run the same plays we normally did instead of going ultra conservative we win.

BeardoMSU
07-07-2018, 09:42 PM
If Dan would have let Key run the same plays we normally did instead of going ultra conservative we win.

If we hadn't turned the ball over 39 times, we'd have won, but what you mentioned certainly didn't help.

Todd4State
07-08-2018, 12:37 AM
If we hadn't turned the ball over 39 times, we'd have won, but what you mentioned certainly didn't help.

You're right. That game was more of a perfect storm than anything.

Howboutdemdogs
07-08-2018, 05:47 AM
They are paided to pump the base and fill up space. I need to print this article out, because it is needed. We ran out of toilet paper.

BuckyIsAB****
07-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Idk what they have at RB but they are going to be pretty good on the OL. But having to compete with us, Bama, and Auburns DL it will be hard on them.

Whats gonna kill them is they werent very good on D last year or the year before but what they did have was a pretty damn good DL (with no depth) and they lost all of them.

They will be better in the secondary this year than they were a year ago but their front 7 will be putrid