PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think Jordan Anderson......

Pit Bull
07-03-2018, 02:52 AM
...might have a shot at breaking into the starting lineup next year. He was pretty highly regarded coming out of high school as an outfielder. He had some spot duties this year as pinch hitter, pinch running, and late inning defensive replacement. Not a whole heck of a lot of PT. Wish he could have gotten more so we could get a better view of his abilities.

BiscuitEater
07-03-2018, 04:09 AM
Not if he's not around next year. Hope he stays .. but some say he has already decided to transfer.

In retrospect, he should have gotten more of those Poole ABs.

Saltydog
07-03-2018, 07:50 AM
no matter what Jake did. I hate to lose him. He was going to be a really good player.

CJDAWG85
07-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Rowdy could be moved to 2B and he go to LF.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-03-2018, 08:04 AM
He’s gone

MarketingBully
07-03-2018, 08:16 AM
He’s gone

Yep. What I’d like to see is Rowdy go to second (his natural position) and Tanner Allen go to left field (his natural position) and put a guy at first that has played first base (preferably a bigger target). That would strengthen our defense tremendously. How many of our guys played out of position last year?

somebodyshotmypaw
07-03-2018, 08:16 AM
I don't expect him on the roster next season. At least not at MSU.

Steakonastick
07-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Jordan is transferring. He wants to start and with mangum returning that won’t happen.

Thick
07-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Can Tanner cover a lot of green? I had no idea his natural position was LF. Didn’t think he had good wheels

Steakonastick
07-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Yep. What I’d like to see is Rowdy go to second (his natural position) and Tanner Allen go to left field (his natural position) and put a guy at first that has played first base (preferably a bigger target). That would strengthen our defense tremendously. How many of our guys played out of position last year?

Allen is not a natural outfielder. He was recruited to play second. He was a ss in high school.

Hambone
07-03-2018, 08:40 AM
So how is LF Tanners “natural position” if he played ss in high school?

MarketingBully
07-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Allen is not a natural outfielder. He was recruited to play second. He was a ss in high school.

He was an outfielder in high school...,

http://hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4424

MarketingBully
07-03-2018, 08:49 AM
So how is LF Tanners “natural position” if he played ss in high school?

He didn’t play shortstop in high school. Rowdy Jordan did.

MarketingBully
07-03-2018, 08:52 AM
He was an outfielder in high school...,

http://hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4424

Tanner Allen’s rankings:

Perfect Game ranked him the 176th best player and 41st best outfielder in the 2017 class and the 10th best player and fourth best outfielder in Alabama

somebodyshotmypaw
07-03-2018, 08:53 AM
Jordan is transferring. He wants to start and with mangum returning that won’t happen.

He would have transferred even if Mangum had turned pro.

MarketingBully
07-03-2018, 08:56 AM
He would have transferred even if Mangum had turned pro.

I’d like to see Hunter Vansau transfer personally. He’s not playing next year regardless.

The Federalist Engineer
07-03-2018, 10:09 AM
A player like like Jordan transferring in the context of our current depth is a first-world problem.

It's a shame and I wish we would have invested more ABs in his development. I heard someone on this board say that JA did not want to work on his batting mechanics. Ok. Maybe, had he PLAYED and struck out 4 times in a game (like Tanner Poole did regularly), then he would have started listening to the coach. I would consider that to be development. Basically, feeding JA to wolves so that JA would think about getting better rather longing for unearned playing time, that's a strategy alternative to straight benching.

In Gautreau's defense, Maybe JA was being smoked and regularly backward-K'ed in practice. If he was a paper tiger and did not belong in the SEC, it's ok that he is gone and we can make room for Foscue, Basiel Williams or Bryce Bush to play.

It does suck that we have lost JA, Owen Lovell, and Reed Smith without any contribution in consecutive years.

Dawg2003
07-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Sometimes you need people to graduate and transfer out for the lineup to settle. Wish him well though.