PDA

View Full Version : Graham Ashcraft Summer ball stats

The Federalist Engineer
07-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Looks like he had a rough game-1 but things looking up. If those hips are ready the arm was drafted in the 12th round from HS. Big time to get him back.

http://valleybbleague.wttbaseball.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=1260255&seasonid=31164

msstate7
07-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Need him to make an Ethan small type comeback

HoopsDawg
07-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Great that he is back healthy enough to pitch. His arm should be well rested. Hopefully, he can get his velo back up and work on his command.

The Federalist Engineer
07-02-2018, 09:36 PM
My dream scenario for next year is that Ashcraft, Breaux, and James are 100% healthy and start pitching like studs. At their potential they are all flag ships.

(1)Keegan was Mr Friday candidate heading into 2017.
(2) Breaux was closing out big road games as a Freshman
(3) Ashcraft is the highest drafted HS player on the current roster

Plus it would be great if McQ had a big jump as a junior

DawgRockur
07-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Plumlee will be a starter next year

msstate7
07-02-2018, 09:47 PM
My dream scenario for next year is that Ashcraft, Breaux, and James are 100% healthy and start pitching like studs. At their potential they are all flag ships.

(1)Keegan was Mr Friday candidate heading into 2017.
(2) Breaux was closing out big road games as a Freshman
(3) Ashcraft is the highest drafted HS player on the current roster

Plus it would be great if McQ had a big jump as a junior
Sps saying plumlee back per gene. Good Sunday/midweek guy

HoopsDawg
07-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Sps saying plumlee back per gene. Good Sunday/midweek guy

If you start talking Small, James, Ashcraft, Plumlee and the Juco's, now you might be able to come up with an SEC rotation. Didn't see it posted, but it seems that Jordan Anderson has decided to transfer. There will be several more to make room for the incoming players.

The Federalist Engineer
07-02-2018, 10:06 PM
If you start talking Small, James, Ashcraft, Plumlee and the Juco's, now you might be able to come up with an SEC rotation. Didn't see it posted, but it seems that Jordan Anderson has decided to transfer. There will be several more to make room for the incoming players.

So giving Poole 75 sad and uncompetitive at bats costed us a big prospect and I would say not platooning Hatcher on lefties basically was the nail on the coffin later. This was a Gautreau call.

I don't understand the Plumlee love? He's basically JB the Sequel. He may be improved and I will gladly eat crow. However, all we know about him is his time-bomb performances of 2017.

DawgRockur
07-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Plumlee was a 12th round pick, then the party happened. He will be back this year with a vengeance

preachermatt83
07-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Plumlee was a 12th round pick, then the party happened. He will be back this year with a vengeance

Rumor is he has worked his tail off and is slinging the snot out of it. Some have said he is sitting in the mid 90s with his fastball and has an almost unhittable change up

Commercecomet24
07-02-2018, 10:26 PM
So giving Poole 75 sad and uncompetitive at bats costed us a big prospect and I would say not platooning Hatcher on lefties basically was the nail on the coffin later. This was a Gautreau call.

I don't understand the Plumlee love? He's basically JB the Sequel. He may be improved and I will gladly eat crow. However, all we know about him is his time-bomb performances of 2017.

Jordan was a Jake call. He doesn't believe anderson will hit sec pitching at a high level and has some problems with his swing that Anderson didn't want to change. He wanted him to work on it this summer but apparently that didn't happen. Sometimes hitters are stubborn and unwilling to change. Seen it before. I'll trust Jake on this one. Hope the kid does well but gotta be willing to make adjustments

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Plumlee will be a starter next year

If Plumlee got kicked off the team for why I think I remember him getting kicked off, and he kept working all offseason for the opportunity to come back, then hopefully he's had his wake up call and the year he had with no pitching will make him better in the long run. He had some pretty good flashes 2 seasons ago.

The Federalist Engineer
07-03-2018, 12:12 AM

Plumlee has never been drafted. You must be confusing Ashcraft with Plumlee, it was Ashcraft who was drafted by the LA Dodgers in the 12th round

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=204022

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=207641

Todd4State
07-03-2018, 12:39 AM
Having a new pitching coach is hopefully going to make a huge difference for our pitching staff next year. If we get Yeskie, Foxhall, or even Bunn it will make a huge difference.

Yes, Henderson did a good job of keeping us afloat in a tough situation. But only one pitcher with an ERA below 3 in two years and minimal improvement across the board is hard to ignore. It sounds to me like Cohen wants to try a more modern approach again- which IMO is the right thing to do.

If Ashcraft pitches up to his potential and is able to stay healthy he is a no question weekend starter for us. Plumlee only makes the rotation if a lot of guys don't pan out or unexpected things happen- which with our luck means he is our Saturday guy. But if things go well I think I would probably use him like we used Cole Gordon this year or maybe start him midweek. Speaking of Cole- if I'm Lemonis I'm doing everything in my power to beg him to come back. I keep hearing that Gordon's not planning on coming back though.

Todd4State
07-03-2018, 12:40 AM
If Plumlee got kicked off the team for why I think I remember him getting kicked off, and he kept working all offseason for the opportunity to come back, then hopefully he's had his wake up call and the year he had with no pitching will make him better in the long run. He had some pretty good flashes 2 seasons ago.

He also gave up some absolute bombs. I do hope he turns it around.