PDA

View Full Version : Indiana hired a baseball coach today

Todd4State
07-02-2018, 05:13 PM
It's the former coach at Wright State. Probably means Kyle Bunn is our pitching coach.

And yes this is the first time I have ever followed an Indiana baseball coaching search in my life.

MarketingBully
07-02-2018, 05:20 PM
He’s an excellent choice and we will be really good under him if we get him (we should if Lemonis wants him). We could easily double or triple his salary.

CoachT14
07-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Yeah. Mercer is going to do really well there. Fantastic young coach, and if he brings he’s WSU guys with him, will have a really good staff as well.

preachermatt83
07-02-2018, 05:36 PM
I hope LeMo hires Bunn. He’s very very good.

MarketingBully
07-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Yeah. Mercer is going to do really well there. Fantastic young coach, and if he brings he’s WSU guys with him, will have a really good staff as well.

It’s an upgrade from Wright State but I doubt he has great success there. It’s not a baseball school.

Turfdawg67
07-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Wrong thread...

CoachT14
07-02-2018, 07:03 PM
He will have the same type of success that lead Lemonis here. Different pedigree, but the guy can coach. You don’t win almost 80 games at WSU in two years without being a pretty decent coach.

CoachT14
07-02-2018, 07:13 PM
We all know how Kendall Rogers is, but he just hinted that he thinks we are looking at Yeskie at OSU. Can’t imagine that actually happens but it’s worth sharing.

Todd4State
07-02-2018, 07:18 PM
We all know how Kendall Rogers is, but he just hinted that he thinks we are looking at Yeskie at OSU. Can’t imagine that actually happens but it’s worth sharing.

That's interesting. I don't see an obvious connection. And it appears as if he is a West Coast guy. Would be a home run hire.

https://osubeavers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1000&path=baseball

preachermatt83
07-02-2018, 07:27 PM
That's interesting. I don't see an obvious connection. And it appears as if he is a West Coast guy. Would be a home run hire.

https://osubeavers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1000&path=baseball

Would be a grand slam but I just don’t see it happening

32 Dive
07-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Which means Yeskie will have an announced pay raise, in less than 48 hours...

Commercecomet24
07-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Don't be surprised if it's Yeskie.

Cooterpoot
07-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Yeskie is married to a former OSU volleyball player and they’re both from up there. We’d have to pay him yuge money and I still don’t see it. COMPLETELY different place and way of life up there. Twilight Zone different.

preachermatt83
07-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Really? Wow. Oh yea, u have mail.

MarketingBully
07-02-2018, 08:04 PM
He will have the same type of success that lead Lemonis here. Different pedigree, but the guy can coach. You don’t win almost 80 games at WSU in two years without being a pretty decent coach.

You have to recruit in order to win at IU. Lemonis did some things at IU that had never been done before like get to 3 regionals in 4 years as an at large team. Nobody had done that before and no one is consistent in the Big 10. What Lemonis did at IU was nothing short of amazing and he did it through recruiting. That Wright State coach might be a great coach but he will struggle to do what Lemonis did. Trust me.

MarketingBully
07-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Yeskie is married to a former OSU volleyball player and they’re both from up there. We’d have to pay him yuge money and I still don’t see it. COMPLETELY different place and way of life up there. Twilight Zone different.

Here’s Cooter with his wet blanket post...

preachermatt83
07-02-2018, 08:06 PM
You have to recruit in order to win at IU. Lemonis did some things at IU that had never been done before like get to 3 regionals in 4 years as an at large team. Nobody had done that before and no one is consistent in the Big 10. What Lemonis did at IU was nothing short of amazing and he did it through recruiting. That Wright State coach might be a great coach but he will struggle to do what Lemonis did. Trust me.

I agree with this

Cooterpoot
07-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Here’s Cooter with his wet blanket post...

Me and everybody posting about it for the most part. I don’t doubt we’re after him. But MS and OR are night and day different. Culture shock could be used. But money does talk and we’ve got a lot to blow on him.

dawg1
07-02-2018, 08:18 PM
This article from 2016 says that Yeaskie's salary was $120,000 while Kasey was $800,000. A little disparity don't ya think?

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2016/10/oregon_state_baseball_coach_pa_3.html

MarketingBully
07-02-2018, 08:18 PM
Me and everybody posting about it for the most part. I don’t doubt we’re after him. But MS and OR are night and day different. Culture shock could be used. But money does talk and we’ve got a lot to blow on him.

Can’t argue with his credentials though and would be a huge blow to Oregon State. If we did get him, would be a huge coup. We would have two on our coaching staff that were assistant coaches of the year (Lemonis and Yeskie).

Commercecomet24
07-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Really? Wow. Oh yea, u have mail.

I gotcha. Sorry about the delay in responding, we getting ready to head over to Atlanta for perfect game wwba this week.

HoopsDawg
07-02-2018, 09:36 PM

I refuse to get excited about this until it's official.

CoachT14
07-02-2018, 09:39 PM

I follow baseball pretty close. I feel pretty good saying he will do a good job there and most likely parlay it into a better job. Not sure why you?re so adamant he is going to fail. I highly doubt you know a lot about him.

Commercecomet24
07-02-2018, 09:43 PM
I refuse to get excited about this until it's official.

I agree 100%. I always try to keep an even keel when I hear this stuff, even when it's very credible. If it happens it's awesome if not we still gonna get a winner. Next couple weeks gonna be big for our baseball program.

State82
07-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Whatever we ultimately saved on Lemonis we should throw at the best pitching coach in collegiate baseball.

BiscuitEater
07-03-2018, 04:19 AM
Fantastic young coach, and if he brings he?s WSU guys with him, will have a really good staff as well.

Todd .. or anyone that follows baseball or has looked at Indiana's BB team .. is there any chance that Kyle Bunn 'brings' any pitchers 'IF' he is hired by Lemonis?

Or, any signee/commit 'chooses' to follow Lemonis or Bunn to MSU? we could use another French/Neff transfer.

MarketingBully
07-03-2018, 08:45 AM
I follow baseball pretty close. I feel pretty good saying he will do a good job there and most likely parlay it into a better job. Not sure why you?re so adamant he is going to fail. I highly doubt you know a lot about him.

I imagine you do and you must be the guy’s agent as adamant as you are he will succeed at a crappy Big 10 school saying it on here and saying it on 247. He will have some success but imo he won’t have sustained success. You have to be a bad ass recruiter to win consistently at a Big 10 school. I doubt he will be as successful as Lemonis was.

CoachT14
07-03-2018, 11:28 AM
I imagine you do and you must be the guy’s agent as adamant as you are he will succeed at a crappy Big 10 school saying it on here and saying it on 247. He will have some success but imo he won’t have sustained success. You have to be a bad ass recruiter to win consistently at a Big 10 school. I doubt he will be as successful as Lemonis was.

I'm not adamant, I've simply commented saying I think they made a really good hire. He's one of the best young coaches out there. Who's to say he's not a bad ass recruiter? I'm still trying to figure out why you're taking so much offense to someone saying that Indiana made a good hire.

HotMop
07-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Me and everybody posting about it for the most part. I don?t doubt we?re after him. But MS and OR are night and day different. Culture shock could be used. But money does talk and we?ve got a lot to blow on him.

I'm not sure we're allowing LB back around campus are we?