PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt leaving head to head

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Like he?s already resigned. Did I miss this. His ?goodbye? video sounded similar to bobs article. Chasing dreams and such. Strange. Not even a two weeks notice or anything.

Goldendawg
07-01-2018, 11:21 PM
I'm sure that they will get someone with strong MSU ties that will really stand up to Richard!***

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Maybe this will be Bobs new adventure

ShotgunDawg
07-01-2018, 11:27 PM
I vote Brandon Walker.

He'd be great to listen too.

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 11:37 PM
I know this is way out of left field here but what are the chances that either of these (matt or bob) guys leaving has anything to do with Gary Henderson not getting the job. I know both were big Hendo supporters. And they both leave abruptly as soon as the hire is made and it’s not Gary. Sure this is nonsense but the thought just crossed my mind.

SmokeyDawg
07-01-2018, 11:49 PM
Idk about Matt but Bob has planned this move for a while. Doubt either has to do with Henderson. Is Matt starting his own podcast or show? I enjoyed some of his game breakdowns

Todd4State
07-02-2018, 12:38 AM
Head to Head was holding Wyatt back a little bit IMO. He can stand alone on his own platform and not have to be nice to Richard Cross.

TUSK
07-02-2018, 12:47 AM
Head to Head was holding Wyatt back a little bit IMO. He can stand alone on his own platform and not have to be nice to Richard Cross.

FACT... I'm not an MSU cat, but I listen to the show often enough...

Cross is a typical OM MFer, IMO...

Good for Matt.

BeastMan
07-02-2018, 05:07 AM

You’re correct. Cross needed Matt much more than the other way around.

BeastMan
07-02-2018, 05:09 AM
I know this is way out of left field here but what are the chances that either of these (matt or bob) guys leaving has anything to do with Gary Henderson not getting the job. I know both were big Hendo supporters. And they both leave abruptly as soon as the hire is made and it’s not Gary. Sure this is nonsense but the thought just crossed my mind.

https://media.giphy.com/media/svb8tKSIpGfHq/giphy.gif

yjnkdawg
07-02-2018, 07:38 AM
Like he?s already resigned. Did I miss this. His ?goodbye? video sounded similar to bobs article. Chasing dreams and such. Strange. Not even a two weeks notice or anything.

The two weeks' notice is a courtesy to your employer so your employer can make future plans before your departure. I imagine Matt did this. So it wouldn't be applicable (necessary) to notify his listeners, unless he just chose too.

Saltydog
07-02-2018, 07:45 AM
but he's very knowledgeable.

yjnkdawg
07-02-2018, 07:47 AM
I know this is way out of left field here but what are the chances that either of these (matt or bob) guys leaving has anything to do with Gary Henderson not getting the job. I know both were big Hendo supporters. And they both leave abruptly as soon as the hire is made and it?s not Gary. Sure this is nonsense but the thought just crossed my mind.

I highly doubt anybody outside possibly a message board poster, would consider leaving their job because of some type of a reason like this. I think you are reading too much into this. That would be more childish acting than making a good business decision. I think Bob just wanted to explore some new things and get away from where he has grown up, and lived all his life. In other words, spread his wings. I'm not sure about Matt, but I imagine that gets old with Richard wanting to call the shots. He could just be wanting to pursue something else as well.

thf24
07-02-2018, 07:56 AM
I vote Brandon Walker.

He'd be great to listen too.

Jesus, just imagine Cross's emotional state after a few weeks across from Walker. I'd definitely tune in to that every day.

TrapGame
07-02-2018, 08:22 AM
This could get worse. H2H could get a real limp noodle to pair with Cross. I'd like Matt to get his own show but I'm afraid he'd be another alum on the radio like Bo Bounds. There's too much OM money on the radio.

msstatelp1
07-02-2018, 08:27 AM
I know this is way out of left field here but what are the chances that either of these (matt or bob) guys leaving has anything to do with Gary Henderson not getting the job. I know both were big Hendo supporters. And they both leave abruptly as soon as the hire is made and it?s not Gary. Sure this is nonsense but the thought just crossed my mind.

I would think it had more to do with the beginning of the fiscal year at their new places.

oldjoedawg
07-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Matt is on his way up to a better position and it has nothing to do with coaching changes.....he has outgrown the H 2 H Show.....always wished he would be more pro-MSU on that show. He is a very good communicator and has enough knowledge of sports to have more doors opened to him....IMO

msu15
07-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Wtf....

lefty96
07-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Wtf....

Oh, like you've never opted for unemployment over a sports decision of your favorite college. . . .

mstatefan91
07-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Sounds like Matt will still be doing broadcast for football..

Not sure why he left, but that implies it doesn't have anything to do with the university

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Our luck they'll hire Stingray.

Jack Lambert
07-02-2018, 03:09 PM
This could get worse. H2H could get a real limp noodle to pair with Cross. I'd like Matt to get his own show but I'm afraid he'd be another alum on the radio like Bo Bounds. There's too much OM money on the radio.

Too much public broadcast money given from the legislative who is loaded up with Ole Miss lawyers.

Dawgbite
07-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Matt’s going to WCBI to be the sports anchor, Robbie is going to Hailstetebeat, and Bob is going to H2H. It’s pretty obvious!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Sounds like Matt will still be doing broadcast for football..

Not sure why he left, but that implies it doesn't have anything to do with the university

He should've left when they moved to SuperTalk and replaced Ryno with another rebel.

mstatefan91
07-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Matt’s going to WCBI to be the sports anchor, Robbie is going to Hailstetebeat, and Bob is going to H2H. It’s pretty obvious!

That would be something

ShotgunDawg
07-02-2018, 05:40 PM
I would love to see Matt get an SEC Network role, but, with him still broadcasting MSU games, I doubt that's the case

I hope his new role is a product of all those breakdown videos he did.

Saltydog
07-02-2018, 07:05 PM
of the game and breaking down coverages, personnel, etc will be hard to replace. Cross doesn't have that kind of savvy. As much as Matt could piss me off at times, him no longer being on that show will hurt them. I half way expect cross to start doing more play by play stuff and move on himself.

LC Dawg
07-02-2018, 08:12 PM
I would get frustrated with Matt when he would straddle the aisle to prove he was unbiased but one thing I did appreciate was he was very open in his belief that Ole Miss players were going for our quarterbacks's knees purposely in last year's Egg Bowl. On a H2H show about the draft he said he couldn't wish Speaks success in the NFL for that reason. Cross did not comment which spoke volumes.
Matt is a good Bulldog. We may not always agree with him but he loves Mississippi State. And he's one of Jackie's boys which means he's royalty.