PDA

View Full Version : Fun Fact for July 1 #country club

Ari Gold
07-01-2018, 11:23 AM
As of July 1 The UF 2019 decommitted class would be ranked higher today than the class Dan and the boys are putting together right now..
And it wouldnt even be close

Welcome Home Dan.

And off topic Happy Bobby Bonilla Day.

Dawg2003
07-01-2018, 11:29 AM
I will say that I am genuinely interested to see how he recruits because I never bought that line about not being able to recruit to Starkville. It just makes no sense because so many other sports have been able to recruit elite talent. When I heard Dan say that FL recruits itself, I laughed. FL does not recruit itself right now. I guess he thinks kids are just gonna show up at his door.

Harrydawg
07-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Assistants follow the head guys lead.....all of Dan’s staff appeared to be lazy (arrogant) recruiters. It was beneath Dan to invest the time that was required to build relationships with recruits.

Hell, he did the same thing with alumni - have a 30 second conversation with him and that was obvious.

Ari Gold
07-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Assistants follow the head guys lead.....all of Dan?s staff appeared to be lazy (arrogant) recruiters. It was beneath Dan to invest the time that was required to build relationships with recruits.

Hell, he did the same thing with alumni - have a 30 second conversation with him and that was obvious.

Agree. Amazing when a HC ( JoeMo) is engaged in recruiting what the results can bring..

RocketDawg
07-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Assistants follow the head guys lead.....all of Dan’s staff appeared to be lazy (arrogant) recruiters. It was beneath Dan to invest the time that was required to build relationships with recruits.

I did when he was first hired and as you say, it was obvious. At the time I thought it was just me.

Bothrops
07-01-2018, 12:38 PM
I will say that I am genuinely interested to see how he recruits because I never bought that line about not being able to recruit to Starkville. It just makes no sense because so many other sports have been able to recruit elite talent. When I heard Dan say that FL recruits itself, I laughed. FL does not recruit itself right now. I guess he thinks kids are just gonna show up at his door.

The whole "can't recruit to Starkville" was started by a bunch of alternative pansy ass embracing millennials that don't know a damn thing about nothing, and the media bought into it. If it's a Starkville problem, than how come we recruit so well in other sports??

SandlotDawg
07-01-2018, 12:55 PM
And according to Mississippi Magazine, starkville is the number one place to live in MS. So that whole “can’t get kids to come to Starkville” is actually pure BS

Bass Chaser
07-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Here's one thing I always questioned about Dan. Why didn't he recruit FL while he was here? Sallach doesn't count. He was there from 2005-2008. Did he not build any relationships while he was there?

TrapGame
07-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Here's one thing I always questioned about Dan. Why didn't he recruit FL while he was here? Sallach doesn't count. He was there from 2005-2008. Did he not build any relationships while he was there?

A question I pondered years ago. When he left MSU he had no problems with poaching recruits. When he came to MSU he didn't try to get one recruit from FL to come with him. Not one.

Gutter Cobreh
07-01-2018, 01:36 PM
A question I pondered years ago. When he left MSU he had no problems with poaching recruits. When he came to MSU he didn't try to get one recruit from FL to come with him. Not one.

Urban would have bitch slapped him...

Harrydawg
07-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Due to a lack of Personality, relationship making does not come natural to Dan.....it did to Megan but not to Dan

Bully13
07-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Wow. And none yet has come to Dan's defense yet. I can't add to either side cuz I never met the man. I've seen enough on this board though to convince me there's enough posters here with integrity who would come here and refute this stuff if there was another side to tell.

The other great thing about this thread is recognizing this "Can't croot Starkville, MS" bullshit. That crap needs to be squelched and nipped in the bud yesterday.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-01-2018, 02:42 PM
I did when he was first hired and as you say, it was obvious. At the time I thought it was just me.

Been there, done that.....talked to both Dan and Hev at an AL HS Coaches Conference a year or two after Dan became our HC. I don't think it was 30 seconds into the conversation with Dan for me and maybe 15 with Hev. It's no wonder they're stuck with each other. They're almost one in the same.

Really Clark?
07-01-2018, 03:07 PM

Wow totally different experience when he was first hired and saw him react well with recruits. Dan is not charismatic but that’s not the same as impersonal. I saw him way too many times spend significant time with kids who would never and never got an offer from us. I mean I’m not saying Dan was great or dynamic personality but dang there were or are worse head coaches in the SEC. Heck I know JUCO coaches who are worse than Dan. Some are not even head coaches.

Hev is a major turd pain in the butt prick (who can coach) but the poster who compared the two must have seen Hev on his absolute best day ever and Dan on his worse day ever. Dan ain’t great but to compare him to Hev is way way off base.

Megan is an Allstar

99jc
07-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Been there, done that.....talked to both Dan and Hev at an AL HS Coaches Conference a year or two after Dan became our HC. I don't think it was 30 seconds into the conversation with Dan for me and maybe 15 with Hev. It's no wonder they're stuck with each other. They're almost one in the same.

My initial impression was what an arrogant prick he was. My first conversation lasted 45 seconds and he made me feel insignificant. He really does believe that he can develop players and will not waste his time with primadonna types. My thoughts are he has plenty of money he has invested well and if the Florida job ends with him getting fired he could care less.

shannondawg
07-01-2018, 03:17 PM
I don't know if anybody else noticed it, but during press conferences, he never looked anybody in the eye, but he was totally different in the ones I saw when he was interviewed when he first got to Florida.

BrunswickDawg
07-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Wow. And none yet has come to Dan's defense yet. I can't add to either side cuz I never met the man. I've seen enough on this board though to convince me there's enough posters here with integrity who would come here and refute this stuff if there was another side to tell.

The other great thing about this thread is recognizing this "Can't croot Starkville, MS" bullshit. That crap needs to be squelched and nipped in the bud yesterday.

I used to be a Dan defender. Honestly, I think many of had been Croomed so badly that signs of success and consistency gave us maroon colored glasses when it came to some of Dans faults. 2016 changed my opinion of Dan - the signing day melt down that year combined with the fact that if he had given any ****s about MSU we would have been at least 7-6 if not 8-5 in a rebuild year.

HoopsDawg
07-01-2018, 04:41 PM
I appreciate everything Dan did. And he was the right coach at the right time for us. He elevated our program. I am also glad he is gone.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 05:47 PM
I am coming around to understand that Ole Miss Network money was much less of a factor than I ever thought and Dan was actually an even bigger problem than I thought as far as recruiting goes.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 05:50 PM
I used to be a Dan defender. Honestly, I think many of had been Croomed so badly that signs of success and consistency gave us maroon colored glasses when it came to some of Dans faults. 2016 changed my opinion of Dan - the signing day melt down that year combined with the fact that if he had given any ****s about MSU we would have been at least 7-6 if not 8-5 in a rebuild year.

I think Moorhead is going to show is our true consistent spot in the National football landscape- it's changed a lot in our favor since the 1990's- much less the 1950's. I don't think MSU fans will allow a coach as long of a leash as we allowed Dan to have ever again.

Dan took full advantage of our perceived lack of success relative to the era we are now in.

skadoosh14
07-01-2018, 05:56 PM
alternative pansy ass embracing millennials that don't know a damn thing about nothing

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

BeardoMSU
07-01-2018, 06:14 PM

Lol. Perfect.

JDog13
07-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Due to a lack of Personality, relationship making does not come natural to Dan.....it did to Megan but not to Dan

Since Dan left, I've had several people tell me Megan wasn't the second coming of sister Theresa like everyone thinks.

99jc
07-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Lol. Perfect.

The 250,000. It cost us a national championship.

Pollodawg
07-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Since Dan left, I've had several people tell me Megan wasn't the second coming of sister Theresa like everyone thinks.

Crap like this is so stupid. When he was here, we loved him, but, now that’s he’s gone, he’s a dick.....So I’ve heard.....Amazing how it’s always after someone has gone that these “revelations “ come out, ain’t it?

Bully13
07-01-2018, 06:44 PM

plus one on the Simpsons, negative one on cutting a tiny clip of bothrops post creating a different narrative. Why not just post his entire post and highlight the thing you want to comment on?

Bully13
07-01-2018, 06:45 PM

Not needed.

skadoosh14
07-01-2018, 06:50 PM
plus one on the Simpsons, negative one on cutting a tiny clip of bothrops post creating a different narrative. Why not just post his entire post and highlight the thing you want to comment on?

Because the only part of his narrative I disagree with is that the "can't recruit to Starkville" thing was started by Millennials.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 06:52 PM

I never thought she was Mother Theresa but I always liked her personality.

Ari Gold
07-01-2018, 06:56 PM

Their yard was always tight ...

JDog13
07-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Crap like this is so stupid. When he was here, we loved him, but, now that’s he’s gone, he’s a dick.....So I’ve heard.....Amazing how it’s always after someone has gone that these “revelations “ come out, ain’t it?

Maybe someone will explain it to you since you obviously you didn't get it.

JDog13
07-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Not needed.

Neither is your reply.

TrapGame
07-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Urban would have bitch slapped him...

Well...he sure didn't mind bitch slapping Urban in the Swamp in 2010.

Turfdawg67
07-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Thank you. His post made zero sense. Gotta blame someone these days, I guess.

RocketDawg
07-01-2018, 07:35 PM

Me too ... never had anything against her. Only thing is, she supposedly dissed living in Gainsville over Starkville, then seemingly changed her mind overnight. Just playing the game I suppose.

Gutter Cobreh
07-01-2018, 07:37 PM
Well...he sure didn't mind bitch slapping Urban in the Swamp in 2010.

You're right - hanging a whopping 10 points was truly a bitch slap. It also probably was the reason why Lateral Move fell in love with a QB draw because that was the only TD scored that game.

Bothrops
07-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Thank you. His post made zero sense. Gotta blame someone these days, I guess.

I understand and it's ok.

Bothrops
07-01-2018, 07:39 PM

They never really are, are they?

RocketDawg
07-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Wow totally different experience when he was first hired and saw him react well with recruits. Dan is not charismatic but that?s not the same as impersonal. I saw him way too many times spend significant time with kids who would never and never got an offer from us. I mean I?m not saying Dan was great or dynamic personality but dang there were or are worse head coaches in the SEC. Heck I know JUCO coaches who are worse than Dan. Some are not even head coaches.

Hev is a major turd pain in the butt prick (who can coach) but the poster who compared the two must have seen Hev on his absolute best day ever and Dan on his worse day ever. Dan ain?t great but to compare him to Hev is way way off base.

Megan is an Allstar

The time I saw him and spoke to him was almost immediately after he'd been hired, at a Bulldog Club gathering in Huntsville, so there were no recruits around. Byrne was there and was personable (which, of course, is required of the position) in a one-on-one situation, and maybe Dan was a still a bit starstruck with his first HC gig. But he literally had nothing to say to individuals after his overall speech other than hello. I think there was an assistant or two, but I have no idea if Hevesy was there.

Pollodawg
07-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Maybe someone will explain it to you since you obviously you didn't get it.

Maybe someone will explain it to me? LMAO. You “your sources/friends/fictional inside info” didn’t have the balls to say things like this while they were here. Either you knew it, and said nothing, which is ok, or you’re just making shit up because they’re gone.

And I’m not saying she was a saint, but why talk like this now? Why not then other than it’s BS, or you didn’t have the balls.

JDog13
07-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Maybe someone will explain it to me? LMAO. You “your sources/friends/fictional inside info” didn’t have the balls to say things like this while they were here. Either you knew it, and said nothing, which is ok, or you’re just making shit up because they’re gone.

And I’m not saying she was a saint, but why talk like this now? Why not then other than it’s BS, or you didn’t have the balls.

Why say it now? Cause she's not here anymore and people are still talking like she was the best coaches wife ever. All I said was she wasn't sister Teresa and apparently, it hurt you deeply. I didn't give reasons because that would put people on the spot. Why didn't I say it while she was here? Cause there would be plenty more people, like you, with their panties in a wad over it. If you don't like my fictional info and fictional sources, I can't help you. I hope you recover from the angst I have caused you.

I seen it dawg
07-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Their yard was always tight ...

But apparently her flower box wasn't....

Bothrops
07-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Damn.

Ari Gold
07-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Wow... that’s straight fire..as Dirk would say
“Shut it down let’s go home..”

Pollodawg
07-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Why say it now? Cause she's not here anymore and people are still talking like she was the best coaches wife ever. All I said was she wasn't sister Teresa and apparently, it hurt you deeply. I didn't give reasons because that would put people on the spot. Why didn't I say it while she was here? Cause there would be plenty more people, like you, with their panties in a wad over it. If you don't like my fictional info and fictional sources, I can't help you. I hope you recover from the angst I have caused you.
Zero angst, man. Nada. Just feels like a pud move to say it now. I have zero motive to defend the woman.

JDog13
07-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Zero angst, man. Nada. Just feels like a pud move to say it now. I have zero motive to defend the woman.

If you knew anything about it, maybe you'd feel like a pud for defending her?

Pollodawg
07-01-2018, 10:06 PM
If you knew anything about it, maybe you'd feel like a pud for defending her?

Not defending her. Just saying it’s always funny that no one has a problem with stuff like this until they’re spurned.

JDog13
07-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Not defending her. Just saying it’s always funny that no one has a problem with stuff like this until they’re spurned.

Well, I didn't have a problem with my ex wife, till she became my ex wife.

thedawginme
07-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Well, I didn't have a problem with my ex wife, till she became my ex wife.

This doesn't make sense.

JDog13
07-01-2018, 11:28 PM
This doesn't make sense.

facepalm

msu15
07-02-2018, 08:37 AM
The 250,000. It cost us a national championship.

I don't think so. LSU and Alabama kicked our ass in their buildings both games that year and I don't think adding Cam would've changed those outcomes.

msstatelp1
07-02-2018, 08:46 AM
This doesn't make sense.

You must not have an ex-wife.

Tripp McNeely
07-02-2018, 01:22 PM
You must not have an ex-wife.

Agreed

Commercecomet24
07-02-2018, 01:31 PM
I appreciate everything Dan did. And he was the right coach at the right time for us. He elevated our program. I am also glad he is gone.

Agree with this completely.