PDA

View Full Version : Stovall to sign with the Rockies

SandlotDawg
07-01-2018, 09:43 AM
https://twitter.com/brett_hudson/status/1013430533571764224?s=21

VandelayIndustries
07-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Sucks, but not unexpected. Rowdey to 2b?

SandlotDawg
07-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Yeah it does kinda suck because I like Stovall, but this will open up the lineup for some younger guys that I think have a much higher ceiling. This may mean Hatcher or Westburg being a full time position player and opening up DH for someone else. Maybe Ginn(fingers crossed) if he came here and only wanted to hit in between pitching outings.

msbulldog
07-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Good for Hunter, he played hard for us, wish him all the luck in the world. Hail State!

Dawg2003
07-01-2018, 10:30 AM
I hope he does well. He’s one I will definitely follow. So who takes over second base?

msstate7
07-01-2018, 10:35 AM
I hope he does well. He’s one I will definitely follow. So who takes over second base?

I've heard rowdey, Allen, and halter here. Allen seems to be a stretch... he didn't appear all that agile at 1st

Dawg2003
07-01-2018, 11:25 AM
I've heard rowdey, Allen, and halter here. Allen seems to be a stretch... he didn't appear all that agile at 1st

Rowdey has become one of my favorites. I love all of our young guys coming up.

MetEdDawg
07-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Rowdey to 2B, Anderson to LF. I think Westburg wins the 3B spot and Hatcher/Foscue swap out at DH with Foscue getting some work at 3B. In those situations i would bet Westburg would DH

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Good for Stovall and best wishes. Kid played hard for us. Was close to making my all decade team

2b for the decade is still solid Brett Ninja Pirtle

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Rowdey to 2B, Anderson to LF. I think Westburg wins the 3B spot and Hatcher/Foscue swap out at DH with Foscue getting some work at 3B. In those situations i would bet Westburg would DH

Halter and Ginn could have an impact here too

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Westburg is our ss of the future

msstate7
07-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Maybe. Cohen disagrees with you though. He said 1b/3b

HoopsDawg
07-01-2018, 04:25 PM

Hopefully, but you are the only one saying that. It would really allow us to get our best bats in the lineup if he can handle SS. Especially if we get Ginn in school.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Good for him. Sucks to lose a junior after the 15th round again.

Rowdey will probably play second base.

MetEdDawg
07-01-2018, 04:32 PM

Probably so. But a senior in Luke Alexander isn't getting replaced overnight. Now having a new HC might help that but he's gonna get starts at SS. So depending on how Alexander does over the offseason, and I would expect him to improve greatly over the offseason, it might be a while before Westburg gets meaningful reps at SS

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 04:32 PM

Cohen's not the coach. I think he ends up at SS.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Probably so. But a senior in Luke Alexander isn't getting replaced overnight. Now having a new HC might help that but he's gonna get starts at SS. So depending on how Alexander does over the offseason, and I would expect him to improve greatly over the offseason, it might be a while before Westburg gets meaningful reps at SS

I agree with what you are saying. We're going to have a lot of competition at a lot of positions next year. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

msstate7
07-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Cohen's not the coach. I think he ends up at SS.

Maybe. You've probably evualated him more**

I'm playing. I have no idea... going off what Cohen said

Bully13
07-01-2018, 04:49 PM
For those who know more on this stuff, what do you think is going on in the head of a Jr. like Stovall deciding on staying one more year vs sign for 21st Round money? I doubt it is the money.

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 04:56 PM

I thought that tanner was very solid at 1b this season. He was a scooping machine.

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 04:57 PM
I agree with what you are saying. We're going to have a lot of competition at a lot of positions next year. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

It is def gonna be interesting. There will be some good players who don’t make the everyday lineup.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 05:54 PM
For those who know more on this stuff, what do you think is going on in the head of a Jr. like Stovall deciding on staying one more year vs sign for 21st Round money? I doubt it is the money.

It was probably just his goal to go pro as a junior because that's what a lot of to better players do. I'd like to see what his bonus is before commenting on it further but there were rumors of him leaving for pro baseball after the season for awhile now.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 05:55 PM
It is def gonna be interesting. There will be some good players who don’t make the everyday lineup.

And with a new coaching staff everyone has a clean slate except for Mangum who will start no matter what.

maroonmania
07-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Good for him. Sucks to lose a junior after the 15th round again.

Rowdey will probably play second base.

Normally I would agree this sucks, but coaches recruit and HS players sign expecting a decent amount of players to leave after their Junior year. So in this case, I'm fine with Stovall signing. To be honest if both Mangum and Stovall stayed then there would be some talented younger players seriously considering transferring. Just too much of a logjam with positions given we already know Macnamee and Alexander will both return as Seniors given they weren't drafted.

I seen it dawg
07-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Im happy for him and hope he does well. He is a great Bulldog. Him leaving does open things up a little for younger guys though.

Pit Bull
07-02-2018, 12:32 AM
Good for Hunter, he played hard for us, wish him all the luck in the world. Hail State!

Liked Hunter a lot, but felt he could have done with a lot less bling around his neck during games.

Todd4State
07-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Normally I would agree this sucks, but coaches recruit and HS players sign expecting a decent amount of players to leave after their Junior year. So in this case, I'm fine with Stovall signing. To be honest if both Mangum and Stovall stayed then there would be some talented younger players seriously considering transferring. Just too much of a logjam with positions given we already know Macnamee and Alexander will both return as Seniors given they weren't drafted.

The way I see it is do you want a small signing bonus after your junior year or do you want a degree and a smaller signing bonus? That being said I don't know what his bonus actually was- so I'm speaking more of in general terms here.

The Federalist Engineer
07-02-2018, 07:30 AM
And with a new coaching staff everyone has a clean slate except for Mangum who will start no matter what.

Yes, everybody has to go to work and earn a role. This is the healthy way to manage the log jam and just let Lemonis do gods work on the line up sheet.