PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis on our future commits

Bdawg
06-30-2018, 08:59 PM
I can't link anything, as I am not tec savvy, but Lemonis spoke well of our future commits on Twitter. "These guys can really play." He said while recruiting the last 2 days he got to look at some them. Glad he likes them.

jumbo
06-30-2018, 10:55 PM
Would you honestly expect him to say anything different?

AlSwearengen
06-30-2018, 11:12 PM

He is recruiting. He doesn?t have to say anything and if he doesn?t like one or more or he doesn?t think they will fit, he can let them know that they should look around. He doesn?t have to sign them.

preachermatt83
06-30-2018, 11:14 PM
I can't link anything, as I am not tec savvy, but Lemonis spoke well of our future commits on Twitter. "These guys can really play." He said while recruiting the last 2 days he got to look at some them. Glad he likes them.

Good sign.

Todd4State
06-30-2018, 11:17 PM
I saw yesterday that PG had our 2019 class rated 4th in the country.

Get ready to hear a lot of about Logan Tanner and Landon Sims.

We'll add a few more to the class over the next month or two- I'd guess 6-8 throughout the entire cycle. If I remember correctly we have 16 commits right now.

ZedFedder
06-30-2018, 11:23 PM
Todd, how many do we lose now that a coach has been hired? Do you think Lemonis can keep the majority of these next few classes together? Because I know all of them are top 5.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 12:13 AM
I don't think we're going to lose very many if any of them. We only lost Cole Winn- who wasn't coming to school regardless- and actually added a few recruits after Cann was fired.

As cheesy as it may sound- a lot of our recruits are coming because of what we have at MSU. Not the coach.

It would have taken a Rick Ray hire for guys to de-commit probably.

TaleofTwoDogs
07-01-2018, 12:27 AM

Unfortunately, 7 of the top ten teams are in the SEC including the top three (Vandy, LSU & Tenn)

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately, 7 of the top ten teams are in the SEC including the top three (Vandy, LSU & Tenn)

True. But we're still in the upper 1/3 of the SEC and on our fourth head coach in four seasons essentially. We'll be pretty good.

Buddy
07-01-2018, 07:38 AM
We only lost Cole Winn- who wasn't coming to school regardless

Yep, Cole Winn signed for about $600K BELOW his slot value. He was never going to school.

confucius say
07-01-2018, 08:47 AM
I don't think we're going to lose very many if any of them. We only lost Cole Winn- who wasn't coming to school regardless- and actually added a few recruits after Cann was fired.

As cheesy as it may sound- a lot of our recruits are coming because of what we have at MSU. Not the coach.

It would have taken a Rick Ray hire for guys to de-commit probably.

Well according to 99jc, the Lemonis hire "will go the way of Rick Ray."

MarketingBully
07-01-2018, 11:51 AM

Yeah, saw that. Some of our fans seem to be negative just to be negative with no facts to back up their nonsensical diatribes.

Bdawg
07-01-2018, 12:58 PM

Get ready to hear a lot of about Logan Tanner and Landon Sims.

We'll add a few more to the class over the next month or two- I'd guess 6-8 throughout the entire cycle. If I remember correctly we have 16 commits right now.
I wish we had a baseball recruiting thread like football that showed our commits and how they are ranked. Would be nice for discussions and easier to keep up with who is committed

Bdawg
07-01-2018, 01:00 PM

Well he probably wouldn't say crap if he didn't like them.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 04:36 PM

I would just say to anyone that is skeptical let's give Lemonis a chance. I think he is going to be a good coach for us.

HoopsDawg
07-01-2018, 04:39 PM
I would just say to anyone that is skeptical let's give Lemonis a chance. I think he is going to be a good coach for us.

we have no choice but to give him a chance and support him. I think the probability that he bombs is really low. It's hard to do terrible at MSU. Hell 3 different coaches just took us to 3 Super Regionals in a row. The question is can he bring out the full potential in our program. I really think we should be a dominant, hosting every year type of program.

Bully13
07-01-2018, 04:41 PM
I still can't believe our HC and crootin' coordinator are both considered top 5 crooters across the land.

HoopsDawg
07-01-2018, 04:44 PM
I still can't believe our HC and crootin' coordinator are both considered top 5 crooters across the land.

With Lemonis, Gautrea, and Cheese we should really be able to bring in players every single year. Let's hope we can develop them and let's hope Lemonis doesn't over-coach on gameday.

I seen it dawg
07-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Just hope one of them croots isn't being groomed to coach first

maroonmania
07-01-2018, 07:37 PM
we have no choice but to give him a chance and support him. I think the probability that he bombs is really low. It's hard to do terrible at MSU. Hell 3 different coaches just took us to 3 Super Regionals in a row. The question is can he bring out the full potential in our program. I really think we should be a dominant, hosting every year type of program.

Yes, but that is only taking into account the post-season. Three of our past four REGULAR seasons have been well below par. 2015 was a clunker and 2017 and 2018 resulted in going on the road for both regional and super regional play. Also, in both of the last 2 years we came down to the last few weeks of the season unsure if we would even make the NCAA tournament. And yes, its great we won those regionals on the road but I would much rather see us getting to at least host a regional if not a super regional. Agree its hard to do terrible but there is lots of room for improvement to be made with our program, no doubt about that.

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Just hope one of them croots isn't being groomed to coach first

I expect GoTro to coach 3rd and Cheese yo coach first. Unless GoTro is dead Set on staying in the dugout.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 08:38 PM
I expect GoTro to coach 3rd and Cheese yo coach first. Unless GoTro is dead Set on staying in the dugout.

I heard that Gautreau likes to coach in the dugout. I bet it will be Lemonis and Cheesbrough coaching third and first respectively if I had to guess. Maybe we will hire a camp coordinator guy that we can use to coach first base.

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 08:40 PM
I heard that Gautreau likes to coach in the dugout. I bet it will be Lemonis and Cheesbrough coaching third and first respectively if I had to guess. Maybe we will hire a camp coordinator guy that we can use to coach first base.

Yea I heard GoTro say he wanted to coach from dugout earlier this year. Lemonis will be in the dugout. Someone already asked him and he said he would be coaching from the dug out.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Yea I heard GoTro say he wanted to coach from dugout earlier this year. Lemonis will be in the dugout. Someone already asked him and he said he would be coaching from the dug out.

Hmmm. Well it will definitely be Cheesbrough and someone else. Hopefully it will be a real coach and not one of our relief pitchers doing it because they are bored.

preachermatt83
07-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Hmmm. Well it will definitely be Cheesbrough and someone else. Hopefully it will be a real coach and not one of our relief pitchers doing it because they are bored.

AMEN

Dawg2003
07-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Yes, but that is only taking into account the post-season. Three of our past four REGULAR seasons have been well below par. 2015 was a clunker and 2017 and 2018 resulted in going on the road for both regional and super regional play. Also, in both of the last 2 years we came down to the last few weeks of the season unsure if we would even make the NCAA tournament. And yes, its great we won those regionals on the road but I would much rather see us getting to at least host a regional if not a super regional. Agree its hard to do terrible but there is lots of room for improvement to be made with our program, no doubt about that.

And I don?t think we can keep up the pace of winning regionals in that format. The last three years were great, but they probably won?t continue like that. We can?t expect to win a national championship if we don?t host most years. Your chances are just so much better over the long haul if you host. This program really needs some consistency.

Percho
07-01-2018, 11:11 PM
I wonder what it feels like to be a top 8 seed and have to stay home?

Percho
07-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Nothing like the easy road.

Pit Bull
07-02-2018, 12:28 AM

Good players want to play at UT?

Todd4State
07-02-2018, 12:41 AM
Good players want to play at UT?

Tony Vitiello- their new coach- is the same guy that built the Arkansas team that made it to the Finals in Omaha.

TNDawg35
07-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Is Mike Brown leaving?

preachermatt83
07-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Is Mike Brown leaving?

He was not retained