Auburn $148
Tennessee $146
South Carolina $136
Kentucky $131
Arkansas $130
Mississippi $118
Mississippi State $100
Missouri $98

Tennessee is the real shocker, to me....

Jack Lambert
06-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Hell we have what A&M has with half the money.

TUSK
06-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Hell we have what A&M has with half the money.

Save the swank ass football stadium/facilities, I'd say yall might have MORE than those cats, Jack....

Commercecomet24
06-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Save the swank ass football stadium/facilities, I'd say yall might have MORE than those cats, Jack....

Rep given

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2018, 01:51 PM

Really the only thing State needs to match them is a new IPF. Our football facillities are top notch. Palmerio center is getting old though

TUSK
06-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Really the only thing State needs to match them is a new IPF. Our football facillities are top notch. Palmerio center is getting old though

I'd like to see yall increase the capacity of DWS to about 80K...

Is that possible? (with the current layout)

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2018, 02:09 PM

Ha idk you'll have to ask someone alot smarter than me.

Liverpooldawg
06-30-2018, 02:27 PM

The design allows for around 78k I think.

ScoobaDawg
06-30-2018, 02:38 PM

Not Likely.. I think 70 k is about the max unless we really turn into a dynasty like Bama and can sell even upper deck level seats to casual fans..
The last expansion included installation of 8,815 seats which was a net increase of 6,255 because we already had bleachers in place. But if we did a mirror install in the south endzone (which is on the plans as an option some day..) it would push our total capacity to just over 70k.

That would be with a very small upper deck area added. We just don't sell enough tickets to justify building a full upper deck at this time. But there is room for it.... but as of now premium seating is far more important.
On that note we might lose some seating when the West side mid deck is changed from seating to suites and club level... which is supposed to be the next expansion on the board.

MedDawg
06-30-2018, 04:09 PM

https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/msu-releases-long-term-plan-for-davis-wade-stadium-expansion/

https://sdnmsu.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/uvovkfcwdpboigo_20110504162409.jpg

Dolphus Raymond
06-30-2018, 04:34 PM
How much was the SEC payout last year?

Pit Bull
06-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Would rather see us make the stadium nicer than bigger. Like add escalators, make every seat a chairback, and give more room in between rows. Even if we lost a couple thousand seats doing so down to about 60K, that would be fine with me. Gonna be harder and harder to attract season ticket holders from here on out, due to the rise in ticket costs and the fact that just about every game is now on TV somewhere. With a 60" flat screen and good surround sound speakers, you are practically right in the game in your living room. I see more people opting to do this every year. I plan to stop season ticket buying next year and just pick and choose the single games I want to see. No game is ever totally sold out. You can get tickets to the BAMA game if you want, even though it is declared a hard sellout weeks prior to.

ShotgunDawg
06-30-2018, 06:03 PM

Agree, but I don't consider seating capacity differences to mean that one school has a better facility than the other.

I think fans assume that the Swamp is a better facility than Davis Wade stadium, but, other than seating capacity, which affects no one, what is better?

I think we Bowl in our South endzone in the next 5 years and MSU's stadium tops out around 70K.

As much as SEC football is being consumed on TV now, I just don't see the point or advantage in having 100+ seats anymore. It doesn't provide any greater exposure. Look at the NFL, most of their stadiums seat 60K-70k

BuckyIsAB****
06-30-2018, 06:25 PM
Agree, but I don't consider seating capacity differences to mean that one school has a better facility than the other.

I think fans assume that the Swamp is a better facility than Davis Wade stadium, but, other than seating capacity, which affects no one, what is better?

I think we Bowl in our South endzone in the next 5 years and MSU's stadium tops out around 70K.

As much as SEC football is being consumed on TV now, I just don't see the point or advantage in having 100+ seats anymore. It doesn't provide any greater exposure. Look at the NFL, most of their stadiums seat 60K-70k

Anybody that really knows anything will tell you UF has been lagging on football faciillites for a while now

dawgoneyall
06-30-2018, 06:27 PM

True..Bama has one of the worst stadiums in the SEC. Large but terrible.

Dawgowar
06-30-2018, 06:29 PM

Heard Cohen talking about the end zone being on the radar a few days ago. Nothing specific.

Bothrops
06-30-2018, 07:00 PM
I think whenever we bowl in the stadium, capacity will still be just short of 70k. Probably 66-68k something with premium stuff taking up most of that space. DWS may never need more than 70k seats.

TUSK
07-01-2018, 11:10 AM
True..Bama has one of the worst stadiums in the SEC. Large but terrible.

Heretic.

TUSK
07-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Anybody that really knows anything will tell you UF has been lagging on football faciillites for a while now

Fact. Their own fans bitch bout the outdated facilities....

gravedigger
07-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Heretic.

Heh. I think Bryant Denny is pretty high tech. The outer concourse is too narrow for the size crowd, but everything else is top notch.

Sound system is awesome except for voice who screams in it. Vid boards are great.

The statues of the coaches were great. That is until I pulled them out with a chain and my pickup last night.

TUSK
07-01-2018, 12:06 PM
How much was the SEC payout last year?

~$40M/member school....

TUSK
07-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Heh. I think Bryant Denny is pretty high tech. The outer concourse is too narrow for the size crowd, but everything else is top notch.

Sound system is awesome except for voice who screams in it. Vid boards are great.

The statues of the coaches were great. That is until I pulled them out with a chain and my pickup last night.

Ya oughta see the newly completed, 25K sq ft "Nutrition Facility"....

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1011765971047124992

Dawgowar
07-01-2018, 01:22 PM

Does it have a Meth Bar?

So by my list of over the top facilities you only lack a brothel rebranded as a 'Emotional and Physical Recovery Center' - sadly you would have a long line of blue haired Mama ladies lined up to have the house of disrepute named after them.

TUSK
07-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Does it have a Meth Bar?

No, PEDs and Deer Antler Spray.

RocketDawg
07-01-2018, 07:56 PM
https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/msu-releases-long-term-plan-for-davis-wade-stadium-expansion/

https://sdnmsu.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/uvovkfcwdpboigo_20110504162409.jpg

IF we truly bowled in the upper decks, the capacity could be about 80K I think. But it may not be possible, because the two sides are totally different designs for some reason, and they might not "meet up" such that they'd touch on either side. I think that's why Alabama's endzones have the gap between the sides ... they weren't at the same level. However ... we don't need 80,000 seats right now, and may never. As many have said, the need for premium seats is higher than the need for more seats just to have more seats. And whoever said escalators ... an emphatic "yes". The elevators now are virtually useless after the game is over, and before the game too unless you get there two hours early.

RocketDawg
07-01-2018, 07:59 PM

Saw that the other day. It's absolutely ridiculous. We're talking about athletes here, not royalty. And yes, I think our dressing rooms are ridiculous too.

RocketDawg
07-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Fact. Their own fans bitch bout the outdated facilities....

I've only been in the Swamp once, and it's not a dump but it isn't all that great either. Those orange concete walls don't look very good.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 08:31 PM
I think Alabama's stadium is one of the nicest in the SEC. It's one of my favorites to go to. Texas A&M's was nice but to be honest it didn't blow me away either. I like that they had McAllister's but they also had bats at the stadium so that kind of offsets each other. I agree about the Swamp. It's OK.

Todd4State
07-01-2018, 08:36 PM
IF we truly bowled in the upper decks, the capacity could be about 80K I think. But it may not be possible, because the two sides are totally different designs for some reason, and they might not "meet up" such that they'd touch on either side. I think that's why Alabama's endzones have the gap between the sides ... they weren't at the same level. However ... we don't need 80,000 seats right now, and may never. As many have said, the need for premium seats is higher than the need for more seats just to have more seats. And whoever said escalators ... an emphatic "yes". The elevators now are virtually useless after the game is over, and before the game too unless you get there two hours early.

I bet what we do is enclose the stadium, tear down the M-Club and turn the end zone that is currently open into premium seating and a new premium area of M-Club members to sit in. A lot of M-Club members like my parents don't go to games because the only way to see the game in the M-Club room is to gather chairs in front of the windows and hope no former basketball players or offensive linemen get there first. Or they have to sit in the stands in the commoners section like me. Honestly, it's pretty crappy for them.

I think the little tents that we had in the end zone last year that looked like they were stolen from a renaissance fair jousting contest were used to gauge potential interest in sitting there at least to a degree. But then again, I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit in those with the other options available.

Goldendawg
07-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Full page article in Tupelo Journal ( 81 yr old Bulldog Mom still gets print version) tells of big financial problems at Washington State and Cal from the college "arms race" in facilities/coaches' salaries as they don't get SEC TV $ or fan support. Talking of increasing student fees or dropping no-revenue producing sports. Many SEC teams having trouble selling out FB games with virtually all games on TV. Have heard many family and friends also talking about the Bulldog Club dues no longer being tax deductible being a big $ hit. 25 K sq ft "Nutrition Center" at bama. Wow! I thought we just need a full size IPF to keep up. This bubble is soon to burst except for biggest programs. This doesn't even address multi-million salaries vs. "pay for players". Note: I do agree with the value of the scholarship and benefits they now receive.

Goldendawg
07-01-2018, 09:09 PM
I bet what we do is enclose the stadium, tear down the M-Club and turn the end zone that is currently open into premium seating and a new premium area of M-Club members to sit in. A lot of M-Club members like my parents don't go to games because the only way to see the game in the M-Club room is to gather chairs in front of the windows and hope no former basketball players or offensive linemen get there first. Or they have to sit in the stands in the commoners section like me. Honestly, it's pretty crappy for them.

I think the little tents that we had in the end zone last year that looked like they were stolen from a renaissance fair jousting contest were used to gauge potential interest in sitting there at least to a degree. But then again, I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit in those with the other options available.

I thought that they were refurbished trolly cars from the old "Dudie's Diner" in Tupelo!