PDA

View Full Version : Boneyard Today

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 02:25 PM
Rosebowl say Schlossnagle wanted the job and would've taken it but he needed a quick decision and Cohen still wanted to interview other people.

I wish Lemonis nothing but the absolute best and believe he could be great, but that's a bold move cotton.

Hope it works out, but I think it's completely fair to critique John's process if Rosebowl is really right.

Jack Lambert
06-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Maybe Schlossnagle was dick head. Maybe he was arrogant. Maybe since Cohen made a character mistake with Cann, Cohen just wanted time to check the guy out to see if he really did cheat on his wife and to check out his character. Who knows non of us was in the conversation. Ya'll act like Cohen some guy from another state who went to another school who just happen to get the job of AD at Miss State waiting on the next gig. He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. You really think he isn't going to make the best decision for the athletic department that he can? Hell if I was looking to hire someone I wound't let them put me in that position. I would have done the same thing as Cohen.

Ya'll need to let that shit go. It is done and over with and it doesn't do any one any good starting threads about it and the hippy should keep his mouth shut about it. Let's move on and get behind the new coach 100%.

shoeless joe
06-29-2018, 02:41 PM
Cohen got burned by a guy chasin strange...can't afford to make that hiring mistake again. That's what separates guys like Cohen from someone like Casey. Cohen has some semblance of integrity and holds his position in high enough regard to do what he thinks is rite and best for the program without making a deal with the devil. I can respect that. If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet. I personally think the high road is what separates us from our rival.

MadDawg
06-29-2018, 03:03 PM
not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more.

That's a scary thought. Just imagine your average crazy message board poster is now AD.

(I like Cohen. I just thought that was a little scary.)

Jack Lambert
06-29-2018, 03:08 PM
That's a scary thought. Just imagine your average crazy message board poster is now AD.

(I like Cohen. I just thought that was a little scary.)

I would think if one of us became AD we would not do what we post.

Bass Chaser
06-29-2018, 03:11 PM
If that's the case then Schlossnagle obviously didn't impress Cohen enough during the interview for Cohen to make a decision.

Why did Schlossnagle need Cohen to make a quick decision?

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2018, 03:16 PM
Cohen got burned by a guy chasin strange...can't afford to make that hiring mistake again. That's what separates guys like Cohen from someone like Casey. Cohen has some semblance of integrity and holds his position in high enough regard to do what he thinks is rite and best for the program without making a deal with the devil. I can respect that. If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet. I personally think the high road is what separates us from our rival.

Sounds like Mullen, we already had one coach who thought he was better than MSU, I am not excited to get another.

Cooterpoot
06-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Maybe Cohen realized he wasn't the smartest person in the room.

BuckyIsAB****
06-29-2018, 03:29 PM
Maybe Cohen realized he wasn't the smartest person in the room.

Cohen must have pooted in your cooter

Cooterpoot
06-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Cohen must have pooted in your cooter

Or maybe he missed out on one of the top 3 coaches in America, after talking it all up. Simply because he wouldn't work with Schloss on a timeline.
But really, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than a timeline.

BuckyIsAB****
06-29-2018, 03:35 PM
Or maybe he missed out on one of the top 3 coaches in America, after talking it all up. Simply because he wouldn't work with Schloss on a timeline.

I wouldve done the same thing he did. No way would I announce the new HC during the middle of our run.

Irondawg
06-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Cohen hired a football coach in a couple of days so I have a hard time believing pure speed was an issue.

Now there are numerous ways this could have gone down where nobody is really at fault. We went into the final 3 of the college WS. I totally get why Cohen doesn’t want to disrespect his team by doing the coaching search in a more public setting until we are through. There were other coaches that we wanted to talk to that were in the postseason.

Nobody’s fault that Schloss didn’t make the NCAA this year as had free time much earlier. I think he didn’t want rumors to leak about his interest which could hurt recruiting or lower his leverage with TCU if he didn’t get the job. For his own personal reasons he wanted a quick decision but that wasn’t fair to MSU at the time.

Pure speculation

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2018, 03:42 PM

I think this the correct answer. There is no way that Cohen thinks he is the best coach in the country but lets something dumb prevent it.

HoopsDawg
06-29-2018, 03:45 PM
Rosebowl say Schlossnagle wanted the job and would've taken it but he needed a quick decision and Cohen still wanted to interview other people.

I wish Lemonis nothing but the absolute best and believe he could be great, but that's a bold move cotton.

Hope it works out, but I think it's completely fair to critique John's process if Rosebowl is really right.

As it stands right now, if this is the complete story, horrible decision by Cohen. Just flat out horrible.

shoeless joe
06-29-2018, 03:45 PM
I think this the correct answer. There is no way that Cohen thinks he is the best coach in the country but lets something dumb prevent it.

Cohen doesn't think he's the best coach in the country or the best fit for the job. If he did...he'd be the coach

fader2103
06-29-2018, 03:48 PM
If Schloss wasn?t the right fit for MSU then he wasn?t the right fit. Just because someone is successful at one place doesn?t mean it?s going to happen here. I trust Cohen to make the right move.

WPDawg
06-29-2018, 03:50 PM

Cohen works quietly and probably expects the same courtesy with interested parties. Wonder how his name got out there that we had spoken to him and why was it put out there. And if he is spilling his misery after the fact then maybe it is just as well it did not come to fruition.

Time to move on. We have a new Coach in place. Lemonis has a great background and I am looking forward to him getting us back to Omaha.

Bulldog1
06-29-2018, 03:53 PM
If this is the whole story, I can't tell you how mad I am.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 03:58 PM
As it stands right now, if this is the complete story, horrible decision by Cohen. Just flat out horrible.

Maybe money was an issue. Lemonis likely was $1,000,000 cheaper

Cooterpoot
06-29-2018, 04:01 PM
I wouldve done the same thing he did. No way would I announce the new HC during the middle of our run.

He didn't have to announce it. All they had to do was agree on a contract. I believe Steve is wrong on this deal.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-29-2018, 04:12 PM
If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet.

That bullet will be wearing garnet and gold in less than two years. And when that happens, our chances of winning future Tallahassee Regionals just went down exponentially.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-29-2018, 04:17 PM
If all the rumors are true it was an ego move by shloss that cost him. He's the one missing out on a grand opportunity and we may very well have dodged a bullet.

That bullet will be wearing garnet and gold in less than two years. And when that happens, our chances of winning future Tallahassee Regionals just went down exponentially.

BeastMan
06-29-2018, 04:17 PM
If Schloss wanted it and Cohen passed that’s a bad move. At a minimum it’s a bad move initially. Hopefully Lemonis kills it and mitigates the negatives aspects of that decision. It’s like saying we turned down Urban Meyer for JoMo.

Tbonewannabe
06-29-2018, 04:18 PM

Might have happened whether we hired him or not.

shoeless joe
06-29-2018, 04:21 PM

His resume definitely reads like an FSU cosch

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Might have happened whether we hired him or not.

Maybe. Maybe not. Gotta think with our fan support, the new Dude, and SEC money, that our baseball job is at least on par with Free Shoes.

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Sounds like Schloss was trying to dictate the coaching search, and Cohen ain't playing that game. Can we just move on forward with Lemonis and forget what this was or that was. It's all past history.

RocketDawg
06-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Maybe Schlossnagle was dick head. Maybe he was arrogant. Maybe since Cohen made a character mistake with Cann, Cohen just wanted time to check the guy out to see if he really did cheat on his wife and to check out his character. Who knows non of us was in the conversation. Ya'll act like Cohen some guy from another state who went to another school who just happen to get the job of AD at Miss State waiting on the next gig. He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. You really think he isn't going to make the best decision for the athletic department that he can? Hell if I was looking to hire someone I wound't let them put me in that position. I would have done the same thing as Cohen.

Ya'll need to let that shit go. It is done and over with and it doesn't do any one any good starting threads about it and the hippy should keep his mouth shut about it. Let's move on and get behind the new coach 100%.

Jack, I had no idea that you are a Brit. **

I agree with your post. Lemonis will be just fine. If he's not, we'll get another one.

preachermatt83
06-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Sounds like Schloss was trying to dictate the coaching search, and Cohen ain't playing that game. Can we just move on forward with Lemonis and forget what this was or that was. It's all past history.

Great post

RocketDawg
06-29-2018, 04:28 PM

I have absolutely no inside knowledge or any personal knowledge of Schlossnagle, but I have a feeling you are right. He may have overestimated his value to our program and he very well could be stinging a bit right now. The last thing we need is another coach with a huge ego who thinks he's better than anybody else.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 04:29 PM

I think this is a valid discussion. Cohen works for us essentially. If he let pride get in the way of making the best hire for miss state that's a problem. Personally, I say no way Cohen passed on schloss for lemonis unless money was an issue

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Maybe money was an issue. Lemonis likely was $1,000,000 cheaper

If it was a money issue, then it would probably be because Schloss thought his market value was higher than Cohen thought it was. More than $1,000.000, I would think.

RiverCityDawg
06-29-2018, 04:45 PM
He didn't have to announce it. All they had to do was agree on a contract. I believe Steve is wrong on this deal.

No, because Schloss wanted TCU to be able to move on and name Sarloos before the draft and his usual post season press conference.

Todd4State
06-29-2018, 04:53 PM
My guess is Cohen told him we would wait until our postseason run is over and then Schlossnagle leaked that he was withdrawing his name from consideration trying to force Cohen to make a move and Cohen called his bluff.

Scossnagle should have given Henderson and our team the common courtesy of finishing our season IMO.

Turfdawg67
06-29-2018, 04:55 PM
Sounds like two alpha males butted heads from the get go. Cohen didn't say no, but said he'd like to interview a couple more (prob McConnell & Corbin). Alpha Schloss didn't like that and withdrew his name. Realizing alpha Cohen wasn't budging, Schloss knew he wasn't swinging the biggest schlong and tried to get back in the race. Too late, Cohen had already found his man thanks to McConnell. Don't mess with the alpha IB.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:29 PM

So it's worth hiring a lesse coach just because Schloss attempted to dictate it?

I value winning games more than who dictates a coaching search.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:30 PM
I have absolutely no inside knowledge or any personal knowledge of Schlossnagle, but I have a feeling you are right. He may have overestimated his value to our program and he very well could be stinging a bit right now. The last thing we need is another coach with a huge ego who thinks he's better than anybody else.

Or maybe Cohen underestimated Schloss' value.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:31 PM
My guess is Cohen told him we would wait until our postseason run is over and then Schlossnagle leaked that he was withdrawing his name from consideration trying to force Cohen to make a move and Cohen called his bluff.

Scossnagle should have given Henderson and our team the common courtesy of finishing our season IMO.

Or Cohen could've just put pride aside and hired the best coach.

Why is everything assumed to be Schloss' fault?

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Sounds like two alpha males butted heads from the get go. Cohen didn't say no, but said he'd like to interview a couple more (prob McConnell & Corbin). Alpha Schloss didn't like that and withdrew his name. Realizing alpha Cohen wasn't budging, Schloss knew he wasn't swinging the biggest schlong and tried to get back in the race. Too late, Cohen had already found his man thanks to McConnell. Don't mess with the alpha IB.

So let me get this straight.

Urban Meyer wanted the job, but Cohen wouldn't hire him because he wanted to interview Saban and Dabo first. Thus he got none of the 3 and hired Moorhead instead.

Your OK with that?

msstate7
06-29-2018, 05:35 PM
So let me get this straight.

Urban Meyer wanted the job, but Cohen wouldn't hire him because he wanted to interview Saban and Dabo first. Thus he got none of the 3 and hired Moorhead instead.

Your OK with that?

Surely this didn't happen. Surely Cohen would've jumped at the first opportunity to hire one of the big 3

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Or maybe Cohen underestimated Schloss' value.

LOL Cohen hasn't had his head in the college baseball sand. He knows the market value of college baseball coaches.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Surely this didn't happen. Surely Cohen would've jumped at the first opportunity to hire one of the big 3

Agree. This is what Steve said happened.

It doesn't make sense.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:38 PM
LOL Cohen hasn't had his head in the college baseball sand. He knows the market value of college baseball coaches.

Of course not. Cohen's knowledge of college baseball isn't my concern. Him getting in a dick swinging contest is

Pit Bull
06-29-2018, 05:39 PM

Due diligence takes time. If Schloss REALLY wanted the job, he should have kept his name in the hat. He may have pulled out early knowing IB was likely going to find out something about him he didn't want known publicly. I don't think the IB will be played twice!

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Lemons and Indiana made the 2018 NCAA regionals. Where was Schloss? Top 3 coaches don't miss regionals. Coaches that miss regionals don't get to dictate how the AD at another school performs his search. Shotgun you got your head so far up Schloss' ass you're chewing his bubble gum.

shoeless joe
06-29-2018, 05:45 PM
Of course not. Cohen's knowledge of college baseball isn't my concern. Him getting in a dick swinging contest is

So he was just supposed to bow down to whatever shloss wanted? I think the guy overestimating his worth wasn't Cohen.

Percho
06-29-2018, 05:48 PM
How about we hide and watch for four or five years and then bitch.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Lemons and Indiana made the 2018 NCAA regionals. Where was Schloss? Top 3 coaches don't miss regionals. Coaches that miss regionals don't get to dictate how the AD at another school performs his search. Shotgun you got your head so far up Schloss' ass you're chewing his bubble gum.

Schloss' team was injured

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 05:50 PM
How about we hide and watch for four or five years and then bitch.

Don't confuse a critique of the process for not supporting Lemonis.

I'm in a on Lemonis and think he'll win big, but that doesn't change my thoughts on the process

Two different things.

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 06:01 PM
So it's worth hiring a lesse coach just because Schloss attempted to dictate it?

I value winning games more than who dictates a coaching search.

And this would be one reason that Cohen is our AD, and you aren't. Cohen wants to win games, but he uses logic, and thinks things out thoroughly before making a decision. He does extensive research. So, if you were an employer (Interviewer), you would want the potential employee (interviewee) to run the show? If you do, then good luck in the future , because you will need it. You have no clue how Lemonis will function here.

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 06:02 PM
Schloss' team was injured

Top 3 coaches don't make excuses or need them. When's the last time a top 3 coach in college basketball or football missed March Madness or a bowl game? Perhaps Schloss is an arrogant asshole and this fanbase sure as hell doesn't need another one of those after Don Muffins bolted.

msbulldog
06-29-2018, 06:05 PM
If that's the case then Schlossnagle obviously didn't impress Cohen enough during the interview for Cohen to make a decision.

Why did Schlossnagle need Cohen to make a quick decision?

Pretty simple Schloss was trying to pressure Cohen into a quick decision to preclude any further candidate interviews. That was indicated by his attempt to get back in the job consideration after IB told him he was going to interview other candidates. Schloss tried to play bluff poker with the Intense Bastard and lost his house.

HoopsDawg
06-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Pretty simple Schloss was trying to pressure Cohen into a quick decision to preclude any further candidate interviews. That was indicated by his attempt to get back in the job consideration after IB told him he was going to interview other candidates. Schloss tried to play bluff poker with the Intense Bastard and lost his house.

We might be the ones who lost.

msbulldog
06-29-2018, 06:17 PM

No Cooter, a potential employer is not obligated to meet a candidate for a job's timeline. That set's up a bad employee/employer relationship! And maybe he did a background check, like he should have done on Canny!

Cooterpoot
06-29-2018, 06:20 PM
Top 3 coaches don't make excuses or need them. When's the last time a top 3 coach in college basketball or football missed March Madness or a bowl game? Perhaps Schloss is an arrogant asshole and this fanbase sure as hell doesn't need another one of those after Don Muffins bolted.

You really don’t know shit about college baseball, do you?

Cooterpoot
06-29-2018, 06:22 PM
No Cooter, a potential employer is not obligated to meet a candidate for a job's timeline. That set's up a bad employee/employer relationship! And maybe he did a background check, like he should have done on Canny!

And maybe Schloss is too big for Cohen because he can?t let go of some of the program control. Makes as much sense as what you said. He did say he wanted to hire someone that ?understands the MSU culture?.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 06:24 PM

Exactly.

ShotgunDawg
06-29-2018, 06:27 PM
And maybe Schloss is too big for Cohen because he can?t let go of some of the program control. Makes as much sense as what you said. He did say he wanted to hire someone that ?understands the MSU culture?.

We have a winner

I trust IB with every hire but this one. He's an exceptional AD but he's human.

msbulldog
06-29-2018, 06:42 PM

That may be so, but our chances of beating FSU are not going down exponentially. BTO you have not been watching MSU baseball lately!

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 06:48 PM
You really don’t know shit about college baseball, do you?

You're making out with Shotgun up Schloss' ass. I know that.

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 06:49 PM
We have a winner

No Cooterpoot is most certainly not a winner

msbulldog
06-29-2018, 06:50 PM
If Schloss wanted it and Cohen passed that?s a bad move. At a minimum it?s a bad move initially. Hopefully Lemonis kills it and mitigates the negatives aspects of that decision. It?s like saying we turned down Urban Meyer for JoMo.

Beastman, Urban has 3 Natty's and Schloss has some good seasons, but no championships. I don't see why everybody is fascinated with this guy. If you want to throw money at someone, throw it at Pat Casey he has 4 Natty's!

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 06:53 PM
Beastman, Urban has 3 Natty's and Schloss has some good seasons, but no championships. I don't see why everybody is fascinated with this guy. If you want to throw money at someone, throw it at Pat Casey he has 4 Natty's!

Schloss loves recruiting 8th graders. It's why Shotgun and Cooterpuss are obsessed with him.

Bulldog1
06-29-2018, 06:53 PM
He has 3.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 07:01 PM

He's coached 17 years at non-traditional programs. In those 17 years, he's won his conference 9 times with 5 CWS. Tcu has been in a regional 15 times in its history... schloss has 13 of them in his 15 seasons. Tcu had never won a regional before schloss... they've won 7 with schloss. Tcu has never won their conference tourney before schloss... they've won it 8 times with schloss. Tcu had never been to the CWS before schloss... they've been to 5 with schloss.

Are you guys seriously downplaying schloss while building up lemonis?

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 07:06 PM
He's coached 17 years at non-traditional programs. In those 17 years, he's won his conference 9 times with 5 CWS. Tcu has been in a regional 15 times in its history... schloss has 13 of them in his 15 seasons. Tcu had never won a regional before schloss... they've won 7 with schloss. Tcu has never won their conference tourney before schloss... they've won it 8 times with schloss. Tcu had never been to the CWS before schloss... they've been to 5 with schloss.

Are you guys seriously downplaying schloss while building up lemonis?

You forgot one important part. He's an egotistical dickhead just like Dan Mullen. Cohen ain't playing that game anymore.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 07:09 PM
You forgot one important part. He's an egotistical dickhead just like Dan Mullen. Cohen ain't playing that game anymore.

What are you basing this on?

Bulldog1
06-29-2018, 07:10 PM
Schlossnagle: 15 years at TCU, made a regional 13 times, a super 7 times, and 5 CWS appearances.

They had 2 regional appearances before Schloss and 0 Super Regional Appearances, and 0 CWS appearances.

The guy is a top baseball coach and it's not debatable.

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 07:12 PM
What are you basing this on?

You're privy to the same information as I am. Not my fault you can't use your 6th sense yet.

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 07:13 PM
Schlossnagle: 15 years at TCU, made a regional 13 times, a super 7 times, and 5 CWS appearances.

They had 2 regional appearances before Schloss and 0 Super Regional Appearances, and 0 CWS appearances.

The guy is a top baseball coach and it's not debatable.

Schloss is a big fat 0-1 in selling himself as the right coach for MSU to Cohen. I trust Cohen. I don't trust the dick in Fort Worth.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 07:17 PM
You're privy to the same information as I am. Not my fault you can't use your 6th sense yet.

Haha... I just don't take stuff as gospel here

Todd4State
06-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Or Cohen could've just put pride aside and hired the best coach.

Why is everything assumed to be Schloss' fault?

It's not about fault. It's about fit. Is it worth hiring Schlossnagle only to have him leave 2-3 years from now because he can't get along with Cohen? It sounds like Schlossnagle doesn't get along all that well with some of TCU's AD's either hence why he was looking to leave in the first place.

As an applicant it's your job to sell yourself to your boss and Schlossnagle did not do a good job of that apparently.

shoeless joe
06-29-2018, 07:23 PM
Agendas are being firmly set...I can already see the threads that will start popping up next spring

Katdoc12
06-29-2018, 07:26 PM

This is essentially what Rosebowl was indicating, along with that is sounded like McDonnell was top choice & sounds like Cohen wanted opportunity to speak with him before making decision. Sounds like that convo ended with McDonnell having made promises to his family but then he strongly recommended Lemonis. By this time Schloss had already tried his hardball bluff. Dont blame Cohen for not going back to the table.

Westdawg
06-29-2018, 07:26 PM
1 -
You can't let a possible employee dictate terms to your job search regardless of who they are.
2 -
Just because someone is considered one of the "BIG 3" doesn't automatically make them the best option for the job.
3 -
When you have a potential employee try to continue to dictate terms publicly to force your hand, the employer has to realize that their crap will only get worse once they are there if hired. This has been proven time and again in multiple fields of business.
4 -
Verify everything. EVERYTHING. I went through a hiring process once where I felt like I was "the guy" for the position. Even the head of the search group told me that, but said they were going to speak with their other prospects first. They went dead quiet for a couple weeks. During that time, they called my references, asked them for other references, and then asked those people for other references. When they finally extended an offer to me, they told me their entire process and said they felt from the get-go I was their guy, but they owed it to the group they represented to follow through to ensure everything.
I say all of that to say this - if Schloss wasn't willing to allow the process to work itself to the end, then he wasn't truly what was best for our program in the long term. Either he's a hot-head ego, or was feeling some heat at TCU that we all don't know about that he wants to bail ASAP, or maybe has some skeletons he doesn't want found from an exhaustive search.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 07:27 PM
Agendas are being firmly set...I can already see the threads that will start popping up next spring

Lol... whatever. If there were a poll here 3 weeks ago asking who everyone prefers between schloss and lemonis, what you think the results would look like? Just find it crazy everyone now says lemonis is the better candidate.

I'm not against lemonis. I think he will do well here... hell, who hasn't done well here? Fact remains... schloss is clearly a better coach than lemonis currently

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 07:27 PM
Haha... I just don't take stuff as gospel here

Isn't about the gospel. It's about the timeline and how Schloss has acted and what he's let leak through his agent. You have enough information to pretty much guarantee he's a total dick. That's the last thing we need less than a year after Dan Mullen left the way he did. You fall for the blonde with the big tits every time even though the entire time you're trying to wet your noodle you know she's a raging ****.

Schloss is the type of guy to come in and immediately do away with our MSU baseball logo or something outrageous just to show everyone whose boss.

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 07:38 PM
One thing about it is for sure. Cohen is not going to lose any sleep over a few message board posters second guessing him. One suggestion to those who think Cohen screwed up with Schloss. Please go and support Schloss, while over 99% of the MSU family will support Lemonis.

msstate7
06-29-2018, 07:41 PM
One thing about it is for sure. Cohen is not going to lose any sleep over a few message board posters second guessing him. One suggestion to those who think Cohen screwed up with Schloss. Please go and support Sclhoss, while over 99% of the MSU family will support Lemonis.

This is garbage. You can question the AD, and still support the AD's choice for coach. Why would me or any state fan not support lemonis? I/they wouldn't

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 07:45 PM
This is garbage. You can question the AD, and still support the AD's choice for coach. Why would me or any state fan not support lemonis? I/they wouldn't

You're just torturing yourself. Cohen is never going to tell us why he didn't hire Schloss. You just have to look at it and the info provided and deduct the reasoning yourself. Of course we've already provided that for you multiple times in this thread yet your thirst remains. Drink the water provided and move on.

TNDawg35
06-29-2018, 07:47 PM
Isn't about the gospel. It's about the timeline and how Schloss has acted and what he's let leak through his agent. You have enough information to pretty much guarantee he's a total dick. That's the last thing we need less than a year after Dan Mullen left the way he did. You fall for the blonde with the big tits every time even though the entire time you're trying to wet your noodle you know she's a raging ****.

Schloss is the type of guy to come in and immediately do away with our MSU baseball logo or something outrageous just to show everyone whose boss.

May we have pics of this "blonde with big tits" you speak of...

Dawg61
06-29-2018, 07:53 PM
May we have pics of this "blonde with big tits" you speak of...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l378plFwSe6x8JGbS/giphy.gif

preachermatt83
06-29-2018, 08:13 PM
1 -
You can't let a possible employee dictate terms to your job search regardless of who they are.
2 -
Just because someone is considered one of the "BIG 3" doesn't automatically make them the best option for the job.
3 -
When you have a potential employee try to continue to dictate terms publicly to force your hand, the employer has to realize that their crap will only get worse once they are there if hired. This has been proven time and again in multiple fields of business.
4 -
Verify everything. EVERYTHING. I went through a hiring process once where I felt like I was "the guy" for the position. Even the head of the search group told me that, but said they were going to speak with their other prospects first. They went dead quiet for a couple weeks. During that time, they called my references, asked them for other references, and then asked those people for other references. When they finally extended an offer to me, they told me their entire process and said they felt from the get-go I was their guy, but they owed it to the group they represented to follow through to ensure everything.
I say all of that to say this - if Schloss wasn't willing to allow the process to work itself to the end, then he wasn't truly what was best for our program in the long term. Either he's a hot-head ego, or was feeling some heat at TCU that we all don't know about that he wants to bail ASAP, or maybe has some skeletons he doesn't want found from an exhaustive search.

Very good post. #1 is the bottom line.

shoeless joe
06-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Lol... whatever. If there were a poll here 3 weeks ago asking who everyone prefers between schloss and lemonis, what you think the results would look like? Just find it crazy everyone now says lemonis is the better candidate.

I'm not against lemonis. I think he will do well here... hell, who hasn't done well here? Fact remains... schloss is clearly a better coach than lemonis currently

Oh I agree. On the surface I would def prefer shloss. But there's a reason he's not our coach. None of us know the multiple exact reason

This thread makes it appear that certain posters were goin the Umiss route of pokin their chest out about our big time program and pulling in THE top coach and then when "their" guy didn't get hired their feelings/pride got hurt and by George it's gotta be somebody's fault....Cohen

And I won't put it past those same posters to mention it repeatedly when we inevitabily face some struggles next yr.

RocketDawg
06-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Oh I agree. On the surface I would def prefer shloss. But there's a reason he's not our coach. None of us know the multiple exact reason

This thread makes it appear that certain posters were goin the Umiss route of pokin their chest out about our big time program and pulling in THE top coach and then when "their" guy didn't get hired their feelings/pride got hurt and by George it's gotta be somebody's fault....Cohen

And I won't put it past those same posters to mention it repeatedly when we inevitabily face some struggles next yr.

Lots of truth in that post regarding bloviating. Some break their arms patting themselves on the back.

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 09:16 PM

Thank you!***

yjnkdawg
06-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Congratulations, Shotgun on initiating another one of your threads that is past history, has no substance, but with the purpose of getting arguments started and at the end of the day doesn't accomplish anything, or help our baseball program move forward.

I believe you left a key part out, of what Steve said. . He also said that his interpretation was that he thought Schloss was trying to play hardball with Cohen, and that was a mistake on Schloss' part. So apprently you have no clue about the employer and a potential employee job interview process. If you are an employee and you are trying to dictate (trying to play hardball) how the interview will go and you make demands, then you will probably be left at the bus stop trying to catch that bus that just sped by you. The employer does not have to hire you . No matter how great you may think you are. And Cohen is not going to play that game with a potential coaching prospect. No matter who they are. You play that game, and you lose. Simple as that. Just like a normal employer, in the business sector, would react in the same type scenario. Do you really want somebody like that leading our baseball program? Yeah, you and few others probably would. Oh, yeah and interviewing several other coaches to see who is the best fit for our baseball program, probably doesn't make sense to you either.

Percho
06-29-2018, 09:27 PM

And we might not be.

Jack Lambert
06-29-2018, 10:33 PM
Jack, I had no idea that you are a Brit. **

I agree with your post. Lemonis will be just fine. If he's not, we'll get another one.

i also call Cigarette fags. :)

Gutter Cobreh
06-29-2018, 10:56 PM
i also call Cigarette fags. :)

When did Preacher start smoking?***

basedog
06-30-2018, 08:47 AM
Funny stuff about Cohen and Schloss, somebody has to be the boss, we've had one coach who thought he invented baseball at Msu and need no guidance. Schloss is the loser not Msu in this situation.

Lemonis is not a home run hire as far as "name coach" but he's gonna win, let's hope it's enough. I do know he understands Msu baseball history, Lastly, it sure does seem like Schloss has a lot of Ron Polk personality when it comes to ego.

maroonmania
06-30-2018, 11:37 AM

All I know is that if Schloss wanted the job and Cohen was convinced he was the right hire he WOULD HAVE HIRED HIM. No, he wouldn't have needed to interview others and no, he wouldn't have waited until our season was over to make the hire (even if he didn't announce it). Our baseball job is good but I don't believe its so much better than a bunch of other P5 HC jobs that you can just tell people 'don't call us, we'll call you'. If Schloss set a timetable for which he needed to know something (which I personally don't see as unreasonable) and Cohen didn't meet it, then Cohen wasn't sold on hiring him in the first place as far as I'm concerned.

AlSwearengen
06-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Schlossnagle is a name hire and a better overall coach than Mullen, but from reading tea leaves, he could be as big of a pain in the ass as Mullen was. I could definitely see him playing all kinds of games and when a Texas or Florida or Florida St. job came open in a bigger city, he bales on us.

Look at TCU message boards when the rumors were going. It seemed like they had been going through this stuff with him previously and a lot of them were tired of it and ready for him to move on. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it.

Spiderman
06-30-2018, 09:04 PM
He cares a little more then most AD because not only is Cohen a AD but he is also an aluminium and M Club member. He is just as a rabid fan as us if not more. Cohen.

So was Stricklin

gravedigger
06-30-2018, 09:47 PM

Sounds like Cohen established the whole ?I?m the boss, you are not? theory. The bold move is acting as if the decision maker operates on the applicants time schedule.