PDA

View Full Version : JT looking a little better !!

MSU338
06-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Word on the street is that JT is already registered for summer school! Not sure if it is a bluff but a good positive sign for sure. Time will tell

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 08:56 PM
Yep. Y'all keep the faith.

shoeless joe
06-28-2018, 09:01 PM
Nothin means nothin til the deadline passes...

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:02 PM
Nothin means nothin til the deadline passes...

Yep like I said it's gonna be close, real close. There's reason for some optimism however.

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2018, 09:06 PM
It's a head fake. Nothing against JT and I don't know anything about him, but baseball recruits are pretty much counterfeit money until the February roster is announced

They can be absolute no shows and reappear in Chipolla, just quit baseball, show up in the Auburn roster, or just disappear. They should do the hat game of football players

We have seen it all.

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 09:09 PM
Word on the street is that JT is already registered for summer school! Not sure if it is a bluff but a good positive sign for sure. Time will tell

Im not trying to pop the balloon but this won’t look any better until the date has passed. Of course he’s enrolled. If he doesn’t sign he needs to be here ASAP.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:10 PM
Anyone know what day summer classes start?

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 09:17 PM
It's a head fake. Nothing against JT and I don't know anything about him, but baseball recruits are pretty much counterfeit money until the February roster is announced

They can be absolute no shows and reappear in Chipolla, just quit baseball, show up in the Auburn roster, or just disappear. They should do the hat game of football players

We have seen it all.

If you are going to go pro after two years you might as well play SEC baseball instead of Florida JUCO baseball. Especially if you want to play baseball at MSU badly. And Butch to my knowledge has no connection with recruiting him.

I understand the skepticism- but it's pretty much MSU or the Dodgers. And if the Dodgers sign him it will be way over slot.

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Im not trying to pop the balloon but this won’t look any better until the date has passed. Of course he’s enrolled. If he doesn’t sign he needs to be here ASAP.

Once he attends class, it is over so I guess we will find out soon.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:21 PM
If you are going to go pro after two years you might as well play SEC baseball instead of Florida JUCO baseball. Especially if you want to play baseball at MSU badly. And Butch to my knowledge has no connection with recruiting him.

I understand the skepticism- but it's pretty much MSU or the Dodgers. And if the Dodgers sign him it will be way over slot.

This is correct. I can't guarantee he's coming to State, but I can 100% guarantee it's us or Dodgers. Once again there is reason for some optimism. It's close.

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 09:22 PM

Surely MSU doesn't start classes until the week after the Fourth of July and the deadline is July 6th- which is Friday of the Fourth of July.

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 09:24 PM
This is correct. I can't guarantee he's coming to State, but I can 100% guarantee it's us or Dodgers. Once again there is reason for some optimism. It's close.

I'll put my Internet rep on the line and say it's 60% he goes to MSU and 40% he's a Dodger. With a player that's drafted in the first round- I'll take those odds right now. Especially with Scott Boras as his advisor.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Todd check your inbox.

LibraryDawg
06-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Anyone know what day summer classes start?

Monday, the 2nd

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Monday, the 2nd

I just looked at website says classes begin July 9.

RocketDawg
06-28-2018, 09:50 PM

Well, with multi-million dollar signing money he can afford to apply and lose the application fee if he doesn't come. **

RocketDawg
06-28-2018, 09:51 PM

Does MSU still have two 6-week summer sessions?

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:52 PM
Well, with multi-million dollar signing money he can afford to apply and lose the application fee if he doesn't come. **

Good one!

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 09:54 PM

He won’t attend a class before July 6th bet your ass on that.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:54 PM
Does MSU still have two 6-week summer sessions?

They are showing 2 summer terms on the registrar site.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:55 PM
He won’t attend a class before July 6th bet your ass on that.

You right about that.

RocketDawg
06-28-2018, 09:58 PM

Why would he attend summer school instead of starting in the fall like almost all freshmen?

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 09:58 PM
I'll put my Internet rep on the line and say it's 60% he goes to MSU and 40% he's a Dodger. With a player that's drafted in the first round- I'll take those odds right now. Especially with Scott Boras as his advisor.

Not real sure what you are putting on the line? If he comes you claim you knew it. if he doesn’t you will say I told you it was close...

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 10:00 PM
Why would he attend summer school instead of starting in the fall like almost all freshmen?

Because we have lots starting in the summer. More than not.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 10:01 PM

JT is a 4.0 student he's been taking college courses in the summer the last couple of years.

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Not real sure what you are putting on the line? If he comes you claim you knew it. if he doesn’t you will say I told you it was close...

That's why I have a lot of green bars under my username.

preachermatt83
06-28-2018, 10:20 PM

Hahaha!!

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-28-2018, 10:20 PM
Most of the incoming freshmen take a summer course or two and begin working out with the team. At least they did under Cohen.

KB21
06-28-2018, 10:22 PM

Yep. If Carter Stewart somehow did not sign with the Braves, I could see him going to Chipola so he could be eligible for the draft next year. Ethan Hankins, a Vandy signee, has signed with Chipola and has not signed with the Indians yet.

msstate7
06-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Yep. If Carter Stewart somehow did not sign with the Braves, I could see him going to Chipola so he could be eligible for the draft next year. Ethan Hankins, a Vandy signee, has signed with Chipola and has not signed with the Indians yet.

This would be a kick in the nuts for us state/braves fans

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 10:26 PM

I'm not even going to entertain Carter Stewart right now. I would be happy with just Ginn.

I saw Kiley McDaniels's tweet about "rumors" surrounding him but I don't know what those rumors are. Kind of makes me wonder if the Braves found some arm damage or something like that.

LibraryDawg
06-28-2018, 10:29 PM

The July term starts on Monday. I have student assistants that are enrolled in them. They are taking finals for June term today and tomorrow with the next term beginning on Monday.

06-28-2018, 10:30 PM

I realize you take yourself pretty seriously but surely even you saw the humor in his post? Maybe not

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 10:33 PM
The July term starts on Monday. I have student assistants that are enrolled in them. They are taking finals for June term today and tomorrow with the next term beginning on Monday.

Not doubting you but I was just looking at this:

https://www.registrar.msstate.edu/calendars/academic-calendar/c/?year%5Bvalue%5D%5Byear%5D=2018&semester=summer+second+term

It says July 9, classes begin.

ScottH
06-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Until the deadline passes, I will assume he's going pro.

Less heartache.

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 10:42 PM
I realize you take yourself pretty seriously but surely even you saw the humor in his post? Maybe not

I guess it is funny for someone that doesn't understand baseball like you but thinks they know everything about the game- despite being proven wrong repeatedly.

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Not doubting you but I was just looking at this:

https://www.registrar.msstate.edu/calendars/academic-calendar/c/?year%5Bvalue%5D%5Byear%5D=2018&semester=summer+second+term

It says July 9, classes begin.

It has been quite a while since I did it but State used to go 1 or 2 days before July 4th. I always thought it was stupid to go 1 or 2 days before the holiday.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 11:04 PM
It has been quite a while since I did it but State used to go 1 or 2 days before July 4th. I always thought it was stupid to go 1 or 2 days before the holiday.

Lol doesn't make sense does it.

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 11:20 PM

Sure. Pat your own back. You just talk a lot and people believe you. Doesn’t make you right. You didn’t put anything on the line. You were in the band. Chime on

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-28-2018, 11:50 PM
Sure. Pat your own back. You just talk a lot and people believe you. Doesn’t make you right. You didn’t put anything on the line. You were in the band. Chime on

Geeze man calm down. Todd did nothing wrong. What do you want him and Comet to do, say "I think Ginn will 100% do X and I'll bet all my VCash on it!"? Is it not possible that it really is a toss up and they are being genuine? Chill out

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Geeze man calm down. Todd did nothing wrong. What do you want him and Comet to do, say "I think Ginn will 100% do X and I'll bet all my VCash on it!"? Is it not possible that it really is a toss up and they are being genuine? Chill out

I have no issue w commerce. None. He’s been great to entire process......and he wasn’t the one “ waging” his rep. Whatever that meant. Todd was poking his chest out and really had nothing to lose. Oh boy.

Todd4State
06-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Sure. Pat your own back. You just talk a lot and people believe you. Doesn?t make you right. You didn?t put anything on the line. You were in the band. Chime on

How is that any different than you?

I'm not being that serious here about putting things on the line. I assure you that people like you and Goat are taking this more serious than I do. I'll probably continue to "talk a lot" about MSU baseball and sport until I can find a girlfriend that actually cares as much about MSU baseball and football as me instead of Anne Hatheway's performance in Les Mis being terrible. (in her own words) .

However, I assure you that I am right on this. He will either sign with MSU or the Dodgers will pay over slot. Where I "could be" wrong is the Dodgers get him at or below slot since you want to make some kind of odds on it. If you would like to wager your piddly 1100 vCash on it with me- that's fine. I'm sure Scooba could arrange that.

Todd4State
06-29-2018, 12:12 AM
I have no issue w commerce. None. He’s been great to entire process......and he wasn’t the one “ waging” his rep. Whatever that meant. Todd was poking his chest out and really had nothing to lose. Oh boy.

People have "something to lose" by posting on here? Oh boy indeed.

Actually- you do have something to lose. Your vCash to me.

Bully13
06-29-2018, 06:49 AM

tried to rep this but gotta spread some around first.

BB30
06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Sure. Pat your own back. You just talk a lot and people believe you. Doesn?t make you right. You didn?t put anything on the line. You were in the band. Chime on

And here I thought this message board was about discussing MSU sports and poster's opinions on the matter. What is wrong with him putting percentages on an opinion and what he feels will happen? We have some of the saltiest fans on the planet. Try not getting your jimmies rustled next time and letting things go. Better four the soul.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-29-2018, 10:17 AM
...but I can 100% guarantee it's us or Dodgers.

Thanks Captain Obvious

06-29-2018, 10:33 AM

chuckle chuckle chuckle

the guys that believe Todd4state are the same types who believed John David Booty was transferring to MSU because they saw it on Gene's Page in 2001, most of them are 50+ and still don't understand how the internet gives a voice to every tom, dick and harry nimrod out there

they are easily fooled

BrunswickDawg
06-29-2018, 10:48 AM
chuckle chuckle chuckle

the guys that believe Todd4state are the same types who believed John David Booty was transferring to MSU because they saw it on Gene's Page in 2001, most of them are 50+ and still don't understand how the internet gives a voice to every tom, dick and harry nimrod out there

they are easily fooled

"harry nimrod" should be your next user name Goat.

ScoobaDawg
06-29-2018, 11:16 AM
"harry nimrod" should be your next user name Goat.

Good Idea. I'll be waiting for that one next.

F*ck you Goat.

preachermatt83
06-29-2018, 11:45 AM
Goat is gone!! Finally!!!

msstate7
06-29-2018, 11:58 AM
What did goat do to get banned?

Commercecomet24
06-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Thanks Captain Obvious

Hey genius, read the post I was responding to and you would understand what I was saying. Smh

ScoobaDawg
06-29-2018, 12:58 PM
What did goat do to get banned?

Be born with a psychotic mental condition. F*cker is obsessed with this place and has given a million times over reasons to be forever banned under any name he registers.

Turfdawg67
06-29-2018, 02:28 PM

Never understood the green bars. Lot's of bars mean you have a good internet rep?

ETA: And I've seen a few with red bars... a bunch of them. Is that a joke?

BeardoMSU
06-29-2018, 02:41 PM
Be born with a psychotic mental condition. F*cker is obsessed with this place and has given a million times over reasons to be forever banned under any name he registers.

How many reincarnations is that now, lol?

RocketDawg
06-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Never understood the green bars. Lot's of bars mean you have a good internet rep?

Green bars are proportional to how others like your posts and say so. I don't know how may "reps" you have to have been given to get a green dot, and it looks like at some point it starts over and you get a darker green dot.

Red bars are a joke but I can't remember what it was. Must've been a year or so ago.

Or at least that's the way I understand the whole thing.

Todd4State
06-29-2018, 04:57 PM

Yeah. But much like who's line is it anyway the points mean nothing.

deadheaddawg
06-29-2018, 05:10 PM

What the hell are you ramblings about? "Put anything on the line" lol

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-29-2018, 10:08 PM
My daughter is signed up for second summer term. First class is the 9th.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-29-2018, 10:21 PM
Hey genius, read the post I was responding to and you would understand what I was saying. Smh

I did, dumbass mf

Homedawg
06-29-2018, 10:42 PM
People have "something to lose" by posting on here? Oh boy indeed.

Actually- you do have something to lose. Your vCash to me.

Just getting around to this, so what this stupid vcash bet? Obviously the dodgers will pay over slot to sign him or he comes here. Is there something more? Anybody knows that. If there is more let me know. I don’t give two shits about vcash.

Commercecomet24
06-29-2018, 11:12 PM
I did, dumbass mf

Nice. Then you must not have much reading comprehension because I was responding to a post that was talking about him doing something other than coming to State or the Dodgers.

Todd4State
06-29-2018, 11:36 PM
Just getting around to this, so what this stupid vcash bet? Obviously the dodgers will pay over slot to sign him or he comes here. Is there something more? Anybody knows that. If there is more let me know. I don’t give two shits about vcash.

If he comes to MSU or signs over slot I win your 1100 vcash.

If he signs at the slot value or below you win my 1100 vcash.

I also don't care about vcash either. But you were being a complete ass for no reason last night unprovoked. I don't care about my "internet rep"- I just want to talk MSU sports with MSU fans. And Tusk. The funny thing I've found over the years is it's people like you that read something sarcastic and blow it the hell out of proportion which ironically enough creates some internet persona. The only reason I came up with this bet is to make fun of you wanting to make this into something. And to show you that yes there is "something more"- the Dodgers can sign him at slot value or below. Of course I mentioned the two most likely options because that's logical.

But while we're on this discussion when we're talking about a first round pick guy we have a lot of fans that think that the player is automatically gone. There are MSU posters that may not understand that we actually have a much higher chance of getting this particular player. That said- are there some like Commerce that understand the same thing that I do and probably you do? Absolutely. I'm not saying that I'm the only one on here that understands the situation by a long shot and that I'm giving everyone something Earth shattering.

It's not me "puffing my chest out". It's not me pretending to be a baseball expert/guru or anything like that. I'm just discussing the situation is all. If people like it- that's fine. If people don't like it that's also fine. If you like or don't like it- that's fine to. But to completely hijack a thread because you want to ahem...puff your chest out calling people out for no good reason- because even if I was pretending to be an Internet celebrity who really gives a shit? Besides you?

BeardoMSU
06-30-2018, 12:16 AM
I did, dumbass mf

Oooh, aaaah***

BankerDog
06-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Ginn is in Starkville and has been all week. He wants to play here and he's hoping that the Dodgers don't come close to his number of $3.1M. Straight from the guy himself.

Commercecomet24
06-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Ginn is in Starkville and has been all week. He wants to play here and he's hoping that the Dodgers don't come close to his number of $3.1M. Straight from the guy himself.

Yeah been doing some fishing with Riley Self among other things. Accurate post. There are some other things in play that are in our favor.