PDA

View Full Version : The Ginns seem to really like Lemonis

BigEasyDawg
06-28-2018, 09:15 AM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/The-Ginns-Talk-About-Meeting-MSU-Head-Coach-Chris-Lemonis-119385517

Some good positive stuff on how the Ginn's feel about the new hire.

Its pretty cool that Mike Ginn knows Kyle Bunn and he spoke highly of Lemonis to the Ginn's plus Mike believes Lemonis knows how to handle a good two-way player. Positive vibes :D

Irondawg
06-28-2018, 09:27 AM
We'd all love for him to come to S'Ville but I just don't see it happening. Remember that the kids agent is Boras so unfortunately I feel a lot of this is positioning for negotiations with the Dodgers.

It all boils down to if the college experience and the 15% chance you move UP in the draft is worth potentially giving up about $1.2M in take home pay today

ShotgunDawg
06-28-2018, 09:29 AM
So Bunn and Mike Ginn played softball together?

Wow, small world.

ShotgunDawg
06-28-2018, 09:30 AM
We'd all love for him to come to S'Ville but I just don't see it happening. Remember that the kids agent is Boras so unfortunately I feel a lot of this is positioning for negotiations with the Dodgers.

It all boils down to if the college experience and the 15% chance you move UP in the draft is worth potentially giving up about $1.2M in take home pay today

The thing about Boras though, is that he pushes more kids to school than any other agent.

He has an extensive track record of not accepting a penny less that what the kid is asking for and thus he always maintains leverage throughout all his negotiations.

Teams are well aware that Boras does not settle. The kid will go to school if the Dodgers don't meet his demands.

What happens to Boras clients that get hurt? He hires them

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 09:34 AM
The thing about Boras though, is that he pushes more kids to school than any other agent.

He has an extensive track record of not accepting a penny less that what the kid is asking for and thus he always maintains leverage throughout all his negotiations.

Teams are well aware that Boras does not settle. The kid will go to school if the Dodgers don't meet his demands.

Y'all listen to Shotgun on this, he knows of what he speaks.

tireddawg
06-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Seems like the Ginns really love State.

Really Clark?
06-28-2018, 10:12 AM

I’m not big on everything Boras does in negotiations but with this part he is fantastic. How he handles HS draftees and injuried players, very good job.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 10:14 AM
I’m not big on everything Boras does in negotiations but with this part he is fantastic. How he handles HS draftees and injuried players, very good job.

Agree on that. He's a jerk sometimes but the guy takes care of his clients and that's why they pay and why so many hire him.

Irondawg
06-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Did not know that about Boras so that's interesting

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2018, 11:18 AM

If he moves up to the top 10 then he doubles his bonus in just 2 years. That is an outstanding return but there is a good bit of risk involved.

msstate7
06-28-2018, 11:23 AM

Hire them to do what?

What about the ones that go from few million on table to a few hundred thousand later?

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 11:44 AM
And as far as Boras goes-

Thanks Jake Gautreau.

I think this is the first recruit that we have ever had that had Boras as an advisor.

Dawg2003
06-28-2018, 11:55 AM
It would be awesome if he came, but that Genes Page article seems almost too perfect. It makes it seem like there is no question he is coming, but that can’t be true.

Goldendawg
06-28-2018, 12:36 PM
Don't forget many big prospects get mega bucks to sign, a chance to make unimaginable $ if they make the bigs and are successful and often a contract that pays college costs later in life. The flip side: minor league life style a tough way to go. I can't imagine my soon to be 18 year old son being on his own in that environment straight out of high school. God Bless the Ginn's in this wonderful but tough decision and opportunity.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 12:43 PM
Don't forget many big prospects get mega bucks to sign, a chance to make unimaginable $ if they make the bigs and are successful and often a contract that pays college costs later in life. The flip side: minor league life style a tough way to go. I can't imagine my soon to be 18 year old son being on his own in that environment straight out of high school. God Bless the Ginn's in this wonderful but tough decision and opportunity.

Well said. You just summed it all up in a nutshell.

starkvegasdawg
06-28-2018, 01:22 PM
How can he hire an agent and not violate NCAA rules?

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 01:25 PM
How can he hire an agent and not violate NCAA rules?

He hasn't hired him. He's an unpaid advisor.

Bully13
06-28-2018, 01:27 PM
He hasn't hired him. He's an unpaid advisor.

Standard Operating Procedure for all high profile guys these days?

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 01:34 PM

Oh yeah.

dawgs
06-28-2018, 01:38 PM
Agree on that. He's a jerk sometimes but the guy takes care of his clients and that's why they pay and why so many hire him.

Sounds like he's only a jerk if you are opposite the negotiating table from him, but his job is the represent his clients, and to them he's far from a jerk. If he's not doing anything unscrupulous, and is only a jerk for advising his client not to settle for below market value, he's not really a jerk.

basedog
06-28-2018, 01:39 PM

It depends, I've learned a lot about Travel Ball this summer.

Really Clark?
06-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Sounds like he's only a jerk if you are opposite the negotiating table from him, but his job is the represent his clients, and to them he's far from a jerk. If he's not doing anything unscrupulous, and is only a jerk for advising his client not to settle for below market value, he's not really a jerk.

Naw. He can be a equal opportunity jerk to everyone but that?s not his only side. He does right by his clients usually and handles situations like this very well.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Oh i agree that he's doing the job he was hired to do, absolutely. Some of his tactics can be a little shady but it's a cut throat business.

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 01:55 PM
If you approach negotiations with an mlb team without a great advocate/agent, they're going to get the best of you.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-28-2018, 03:51 PM
It would be awesome if he came, but that Genes Page article seems almost too perfect. It makes it seem like there is no question he is coming, but that can?t be true.

Typical Gene sunshine article.

Spiderman
06-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Great article for them to show the Dodgers. It's called leverage.

He gone

Bdawg
06-28-2018, 08:15 PM

He gone

HA ha. I'm with you. Wonder what the percentage is that 1st rounders out of high school go to college?

Bully13
06-29-2018, 07:40 AM
No matter what Ginn does, I'll respect him and his family. They seem to be all high quality people who have shown nothing but the utmost respect for MSU and you can't ask for more than that.

Just outta curiosity, does anyone know more about Ginn's parents? Like what his Mom and Dad do for a living and what not? where they went to school? didn't they go to State?

Commercecomet24
06-29-2018, 01:43 PM
No matter what Ginn does, I'll respect him and his family. They seem to be all high quality people who have shown nothing but the utmost respect for MSU and you can't ask for more than that.

Just outta curiosity, does anyone know more about Ginn's parents? Like what his Mom and Dad do for a living and what not? where they went to school? didn't they go to State?

Mike played baseball at Carey for Halford. Wanda went to State. Close family and a family of faith.

Bully13
07-05-2018, 10:00 PM

He gone

https://s33.postimg.cc/oifguc47j/Reagan_Laughing.gif

I seen it dawg
07-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Get em bully