PDA

View Full Version : WBB transfer

Dawg61
06-27-2018, 09:15 PM
Anriel Howard aTm transfer really waiting till August before letting anyone know where she's going? Nobody has a clue? Never heard of a player waiting this long before in any sport.

Hambone
06-27-2018, 09:17 PM
She’s still taking classes at A&M. Won’t graduate until after summer session or sessions

jumbo
06-27-2018, 10:15 PM
Anriel Howard aTm transfer really waiting till August before letting anyone know where she's going? Nobody has a clue? Never heard of a player waiting this long before in any sport.

Still in summer school at A&M. They kept her on scholarship while she finishes up and out of respect she’s waiting until she graduates before making any kind of announcement.

Offshore Dawg
06-28-2018, 07:05 AM
She seems to me to be handling this as a person of good character and principals would. I like that in those students that represent the Dawgs.

99jc
06-28-2018, 08:28 AM
She seems to me to be handling this as a person of good character and principals would. I like that in those students that represent the Dawgs.

nm

fishwater99
06-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Can She Dunk!!

Dawg2003
06-28-2018, 11:17 AM
A lot of people seem to think she is coming, which will be great. If they double team Tieara, we have someone else to get rebounds and score. She also provides senior leadership. I don’t think she shoots the 3, but I hope Bibby can transform into a really good 3 point shooter. Assuming she comes, what do y’all think the lineup will be? Here’s my guess:

1-Jazz
2-?
3-Howard
4-Bibby
5- Tieara

I’m thinking Myah Taylor will be the backup PG that plays a lot of bench minutes like Jazz did last year. We have some sophomore guards that should see playing time, and we have a guard coming off an ACL tear. We should be good but not quite the offensive threat like last year. When our UConn transfer gets to play in a year, we will do serious damage. I still expect us to challenge for the SEC title this year because TN has fallen off. A lot of their fans are calling for the coach to be fired. I’m not sure what SC looks like without A’ja Wilson, and Mizzou is a one woman show. Texas A&M is about the only other school that should be close to us that I can figure.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-28-2018, 11:29 AM
I'd go

Jazz
Myah
Danberry
Howard
Big T

That group would be the most athletic 5 MSU has probably ever put on the floor. Press & push the pace. How do you keep teams from sagging back & playing zone? Create a ton of turnovers & layups.

BulldogDX55
06-28-2018, 11:32 AM
I'd go

Jazz
Myah
Danberry
Howard
Big T

That group would be the most athletic 5 MSU has probably ever put on the floor. Press & push the pace. How do you keep teams from sagging back & playing zone? Create a ton of turnovers & layups.

Agreed on this. This lineup would have a floor of Sweet 16 IMO.

Dawg61
06-28-2018, 11:46 AM
I'm definitely starting Holmes & Danberry. Their speed is elite on the fast break.

Dawg2003
06-28-2018, 11:50 AM
Dang, I totally forgot about Danberry.

99jc
06-28-2018, 12:57 PM
Can She Dunk!!

For someone who doesn't respect our women's team you sure are infatuated with the topic.

runwildjerious
06-28-2018, 02:26 PM
If she does indeed come here that will be amazing. Anriel Howard already plays like a Vic player. She battled hard against T. Having those two this year and Promise Taylor and Espinoza-Hunter eligible the following year after being able to practice against this year is special. Vic is building a program that just reloads. It has been awesome to watch this process unfold.

fishwater99
06-28-2018, 02:42 PM
I used too when I was younger.. I might have dunked on you in the Tin Gym or McCarthy back in the late 80's..

99jc
06-28-2018, 03:23 PM
I used too when I was younger.. I might have dunked on you in the Tin Gym or McCarthy back in the late 80's..

And you wouldn't have dunked on me then. :cool:

RocketDawg
06-28-2018, 04:26 PM

I could barely touch the bottom of the net. Dunking was totally out of the question.

fishwater99
06-28-2018, 04:41 PM
And you wouldn't have dunked on me then. :cool:

Touche..
But I would have tried...lol

captaindog
06-28-2018, 10:10 PM
This lineup makes a lot of sense defensively and plays to the strength of the team this coming year. This coming year's team will be much more like the 2016-2017 national runner-up team with defense and rebounding being its staple. Further, there is still a lot of depth:
1- J Holmes, M Taylor, J Danberry
2- M Taylor, B Scott or J Allen, J Danberry
3- J Danberry, N Tate, X Wiggins
4- A Howard, C Bibby, J Carter, J Garvin
5- T McCowan, D White or Z Campbell

Having P Taylor and A Espinoza-Hunter on the scout team will also be a big benefit for both them and the current team in preparation for games.

Dawg61
06-28-2018, 10:19 PM
Wow we have impressive depth on the WBB roster.

DawgBone
06-29-2018, 03:24 AM
There’s not an “if” she comes here. She’s coming and it’s from as good of a source as one could have.

Ari Gold
06-29-2018, 06:22 AM
If / when Howard comes this is a Vic type team . Very athletic and is going to D your ass up

captaindog
07-02-2018, 11:01 PM
I'd go

Jazz
Myah
Danberry
Howard
Big T

IOYK,

While that is a very strong starting lineup who else do you see getting a lot of playing time as backups?

NWADAWG
07-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Weren?t there some redshirt players last year that were expected to contribute this year?

captaindog
07-03-2018, 04:56 AM
Weren?t there some redshirt players last year that were expected to contribute this year?

Myah Taylor redshirted and is a possible starter this season. Iggy Allen was a medical redshirt and if healthy last year was supposed to contribute. However her impact this coming year will depend on her recovery.

Ezsoil
07-03-2018, 08:19 AM
I just hope there is enough scoring

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-03-2018, 08:48 AM
I just hope there is enough scoring

why? I am perfectly content with beating teams 56-50

captaindog
07-03-2018, 08:57 AM
I think scoring will be fine. We may not have as much perimeter scoring as we did last year but the previous year's team also did not score as much from the perimeter and were fine. As I was talking about in the earlier post I am curious as to who will step up to be the backups if the starting lineup is McCowan, Howard, Danberry, Taylor and Holmes. It will be interesting to see if Bibby can hold off the freshman Carter for back up minutes at PF and if Campbell can hold off freshman White for backup center.

WSOPdawg
07-03-2018, 09:17 AM
I think scoring will be fine. We may not have as much perimeter scoring as we did last year but the previous year's team also did not score as much from the perimeter and were fine. As I was talking about in the earlier post I am curious as to who will step up to be the backups if the starting lineup is McCowan, Howard, Danberry, Taylor and Holmes. It will be interesting to see if Bibby can hold off the freshman Carter for back up minutes at PF and if Campbell can hold off freshman White for backup center.

People are forgetting about Chloe Bibby, the Australian red head. As a stretch 4, I'm thinking her outside 3 will be much improved, and would not be at all surprised to see her in the starting 5.

DanDority
07-03-2018, 09:30 AM
People are forgetting about Chloe Bibby, the Australian red head. As a stretch 4, I'm thinking her outside 3 will be much improved, and would not be at all surprised to see her in the starting 5.

SLOW players have trouble on ELITE teams!

Ifyouonlyknew
07-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Where? She’s not going to start over Howard at the 4 & she doesn’t have the foot speed to play the 3. Howard doesn’t have enough overall outside game to play the 3. Hopefully she can be a great 6th man.

WSOPdawg
07-03-2018, 10:02 AM

Where? She’s not going to start over Howard at the 4 & she doesn’t have the foot speed to play the 3. Howard doesn’t have enough overall outside game to play the 3. Hopefully she can be a great 6th man.

C'mon guys, you're acting like the "all-speed" team of Jazz, Danbury & Mya (along with Howard but she's not even on the team yet) is gonna be all-world. I love these girls, but Bibby's ability to work inside and out can't be overlooked. But I do admit that if Anriel Howard transfers in, she's starting at the 4. But if not, I think Bibby is starting at the 4. Love the team Vic has built.

captaindog
07-03-2018, 10:46 AM
C'mon guys, you're acting like the "all-speed" team of Jazz, Danbury & Mya (along with Howard but she's not even on the team yet) is gonna be all-world. I love these girls, but Bibby's ability to work inside and out can't be overlooked. But I do admit that if Anriel Howard transfers in, she's starting at the 4. But if not, I think Bibby is starting at the 4. Love the team Vic has built.

I agree it would be difficult for her to start over Howard as she is a true sophomore versus an All-SEC senior. However she brings a lot of toughness and playing experience against older competition from playing against more seasoned players in Australia. She played very well last year against some very good teams with very talented players. Didn't she guard Wilson from South Carolina a good bit last year? I could see her holding off the freshmen for a majority of the back up minutes at PF. I think the one that should have some concern is Campbell holding off White and possibly Carter.

NWADAWG
07-03-2018, 11:30 AM
I would like to see Howard rotate to 5 and Bibby play the 4 for part of 3rd quarters. Give Sweet T a little rest before final stretch and run the legs off our opponents.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-03-2018, 11:47 AM

Howard is on the team & she will start at the 4. We need Bibby to be a great 6th man.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-03-2018, 11:48 AM
I would like to see Howard rotate to 5 and Bibby play the 4 for part of 3rd quarters. Give Sweet T a little rest before final stretch and run the legs off our opponents.

I doubt we ever see Howard at the 5 with Bibby at the 4.

WSOPdawg
07-03-2018, 12:23 PM

Haven't thought about that but that could be an interesting when T needs a break. After all, there should be only a limited # of teams that would really require Zion to spell T. Howard and Bibby down low could definitely work for a short spurt imo.

captaindog
07-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Haven't thought about that but that could be an interesting when T needs a break. After all, there should be only a limited # of teams that would really require Zion to spell T. Howard and Bibby down low could definitely work for a short spurt imo.

Bibby is 6'1" and Howard is 5'11". While both players are strong and have nonstop motors I think that would be too much of a disadvantage with the lack of height, especially when you have Campbell at 6'3", Carter at 6'5" and White at 6'5" available. Besides, all three are going to be counted on the next year when McCowan and Howard are gone. They need some time in the post to at least see who will be ready.

BuckyIsAB****
07-03-2018, 01:37 PM
I'd go

Jazz
Myah
Danberry
Howard
Big T

Im kinda worried about the shooting with that group but at the same time, Id be down with that.

captaindog
07-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Im kinda worried about the shooting with that group but at the same time, Id be down with that.

If you think back to the year before this last year we had a starting lineup of Okorie (and later McCowan), Richardson/Chapel, Vivians, Dillingham and William. Of that group only Vivians was considered a true three point shooter and she was streaky (only 28% for the year). William and Dillingham were only in the lower to mid 30s. I think the current projected starting lineup for the coming season could at least match that plus have even better outside production off the bench with Bibby, Scott and Tate.

maroonmania
07-03-2018, 08:28 PM

Not having as much perimeter scoring as last year is a given, I'm much more worried about essentially having no perimeter scoring to speak of at all. I really can't put my finger on anyone on the roster that can consistently hit a 3 pointer when needed.

99jc
07-03-2018, 08:35 PM
I expect Tate will be as good as Vivians before her career is over. Ro Johnson was the x factor last season her defense was outstanding. As long as Vic is here we will be a defensive team last season was an offensive exception to the rule. I am not worried about points.

Dawg61
07-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Some of y'all love Bibby a little too much imo. She's a nice compliment player right now but she's not a starter yet. I think she needs work on her shot too. Seemed very flat to me.

RocketDawg
07-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Bibby could probably be a lot faster if she got a little more aerobic exercise, if you get my drift.

Dawg2003
07-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Not having as much perimeter scoring as last year is a given, I'm much more worried about essentially having no perimeter scoring to speak of at all. I really can't put my finger on anyone on the roster that can consistently hit a 3 pointer when needed.

I?m gonna miss seeing all those 3s. We also need someone to step up as the alpha dog like Vivians. She would just take a game over when we got down.

captaindog
07-03-2018, 10:03 PM
I?m gonna miss seeing all those 3s. We also need someone to step up as the alpha dog like Vivians. She would just take a game over when we got down.

Great point. I think the scoring will come. However I agree that I can?t pinpoint who is the alpha dog on this team. Obviously McCowan is the most talented player but we need someone like William or Vivians to step up to keep everyone focused or will themselves to score a basket when required.