PDA

View Full Version : Any pitching coach prospects

preachermatt83
06-27-2018, 12:47 PM
Or rumors anyone hearing ? Is Bunn not an option? I think he?s a great pitching coach.

yjnkdawg
06-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Lemonis said yesterday that he was not in any hurry on completing his staff. He may be waiting to see how the IND coaching search plays out, or he may be going in another direction. It did sound like that he is intending on bringing more than one new assistant coach in. Cohen said that Lemonis had the opportunity to be surrounded with some of the best assistant coaches in college baseball. So money does not appear to be an issue.

DownwardDawg
06-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Henderson ****

jumbo
06-27-2018, 08:39 PM
How many assistant coaches are there? Obviously there's a hitting and pitching coach, but how many more does the NCAA allow?

msstate7
06-27-2018, 08:43 PM
How many assistant coaches are there? Obviously there's a hitting and pitching coach, but how many more does the NCAA allow?

We had HC and 3 assistants to start year. I assume 4 is the number

ETA... looks like I assumed wrong

yjnkdawg
06-27-2018, 10:43 PM

I originally thought you could have three assistant coaches on salary and one volunteer assistant coach, but you can only have two salaried assistant coaches and then a volunteer assistant coach. Then an undergraduate assistant coach is possible too. Then you also have your off the field positions, Director of Baseball Operations, strength coach etc.

Todd4State
06-27-2018, 10:55 PM

It's pretty much your head coach, your pitching coach, and your hitting coach and that's it as far as full time. And then there is the volunteer assistant which is what Mike Brown was when we were fully staffed. The volunteer assistant can't recruit off campus and has to have a salary that is supplemented from an outside source for it to be the equivalent of a full time position in terms of pay. And what sucks for them is since they are a volunteer they don't get University full time benefits like insurance.

MSU being a big program we do some creative things to get more baseball coaches on staff that are about the equivalent of graduate assistants- like coordinator of camps and coordinator of baseball operations and I'm pretty sure we use both of them to help out with practice in addition to whatever their job entails coordinating things.

Randolph Dupree
06-28-2018, 09:10 AM
I've got no info on the prospective hire and would rather a proven elite pitching coach but if that can't happen, what about a guy like Chris Young. He pitched here, pitched in the minors, was a scout, was a head scout with the Astros and now is the Assistant Pitching Coach for the Phillies.

Martianlander
06-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Ginn's father****

Tbonewannabe
06-28-2018, 10:40 AM
I've got no info on the prospective hire and would rather a proven elite pitching coach but if that can't happen, what about a guy like Chris Young. He pitched here, pitched in the minors, was a scout, was a head scout with the Astros and now is the Assistant Pitching Coach for the Phillies.

Didn't realize he was a pitching coach. One of my favorite games is the SEC Tournament Championship that he shut down LSU and Mestapay.

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2018, 10:47 AM

That's the type of resume and background we need. Plus he is home-made. Good find

Jack Lambert
06-28-2018, 10:53 AM
We had HC and 3 assistants to start year. I assume 4 is the number

ETA... looks like I assumed wrong

Can we hire a catchers coach?

deltadawg99
06-28-2018, 11:55 AM
Kenny Powers

preachermatt83
06-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Ginn's father****

Sign him up

Wade Garrett
06-28-2018, 01:25 PM

Looks like you got what you wanted

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-28-2018, 03:54 PM

Looks like we did....

Commercecomet24
06-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Ginn's father****

Naw, Mikes more of a hitting coach lol.

Homedawg
06-28-2018, 05:29 PM
Naw, Mikes more of a hitting coach lol.

Sounds like Jake G needs to find a job then******

Jack Lambert
06-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Looks like you got what you wanted

I wish I was asking for Lotto numbers.:)

Randolph Dupree
06-28-2018, 09:45 PM
That's the type of resume and background we need. Plus he is home-made. Good find

Don't get your hopes up but I think there is at least some interest with at least one side of this equation, but as we all know it it takes two to tango.

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Don't get your hopes up but I think there is at least some interest with at least one side of this equation, but as we all know it it takes two to tango.

I'm assuming it depends on if Indiana hires Bunn as their head coach. Otherwise I'm expecting it to be Bunn.

yjnkdawg
06-28-2018, 09:56 PM
I'm assuming it depends on if Indiana hires Bunn as their head coach. Otherwise I'm expecting it to be Bunn.

I'm thinking that was maybe why Lemonis said he wasn't in any hurry, or didn't have a timeline on completing his staff right now, to see how the IND coaching search plays out.

Todd4State
06-28-2018, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking that was maybe why Lemonis said he wasn't in any hurry, or didn't have a timeline on completing his staff right now, to see how the IND coaching search plays out.

I'm hoping Indiana doesn't take their sweet time though. I'd like to have someone in place by July 6th.

preachermatt83
06-28-2018, 10:23 PM
I'm hoping Indiana doesn't take their sweet time though. I'd like to have someone in place by July 6th.

You’ve got mail