PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis is gonna kill it

MoreCowbell
06-26-2018, 11:59 PM
Got a chance to watch everything I could and read everything I could. Really loved his press conference. I think we have us a Calipari type head coach, not that he is crooked but he is just a recruiter. I think he will crush recruiting here. Surround him with a great hitting and pitching coach and we will be a MLB factory in due time I believe. Im sold.

99jc
06-27-2018, 12:13 PM
I'm not a fan of this hire but will support him and hope he is as good as some of you think he will be. I was a disappointed about this hire at first because of IB setting the standard high on the high. We will know a lot next season although I don't expect a CWS trip I want to a least host a regional.

bostondawg
06-27-2018, 12:15 PM
In John Cohen I Trust.

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2018, 12:32 PM
When I look at Lemonis, I don't see rock star charisma like Calipari.

I see stability, sound, fundamental, and consistency. Those are the qualities that IMO he exudes. The nice thing is that, I think that's what we need.

I think the players will really like playing for him and he appears to be really good man that's a grinder on the recruiting trail.

I think it's a good match. His pitching coach hire will be huge

Tbonewannabe
06-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Cohen has thought recruiting was extremely important and he thinks Lemo is a fantastic recruiter. I will trust Cohen's opinion on that.

chef dixon
06-27-2018, 08:31 PM
Not saying he wont do well, but what is he going to do thats that much different in recruiting? Weve been pulling strong classes for a while now

Offshore Dawg
06-28-2018, 07:28 AM
We could hope that every now and then one of those 1st & 2nd round draft picks, might decide to play college ball first. Just a thought.

basedog
06-28-2018, 07:38 AM
Lemonis has hit the ground with calling and chatting with commits. I know one in particular that was very happy what he had to say.

Bottom line for any coach, win and make the fans happy. One thing we all know about next year, we have talent and expectations will be extremely high.

Jarius
06-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Not saying he wont do well, but what is he going to do thats that much different in recruiting? Weve been pulling strong classes for a while now

Baseball classes are different. Sometimes you want those "Mullen" type classes in baseball rather than those Alabama classes, because everyone in the Bama classes (football) is going pro in baseball. He did that as well as anyone in the country while at Louisville. You've got to sign a lot of people that are low draft picks/developmental players in baseball and have them come to campus and get better. A lot of our really strong baseball classes don't ever make it to campus.

Goat from MSU
06-28-2018, 08:06 AM
All I can say is that Coach McButter Pants better produced.

The Federalist Engineer
06-28-2018, 03:04 PM
https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sidelines-with-john-clay/article213981619.html

Interesting note on the coaching search by a Kentucky paper

Rick Danko
06-28-2018, 03:07 PM
All I can say is that Coach McButter Pants better produced.

Boy with that shorty humor I bet your a hit at parties. Do you do stand up on the side....