PDA

View Full Version : Hey Commerce, how'd the meeting go?

confucius say
06-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Heard LeMo met with Ginn today. What ya think?

Commercecomet24
06-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Haven't talked to mike since Sunday night. They talked to Lemonis Sunday night and were excited about the hire. It all boils down to if the Dodgers hit their number. It's coming down to the wire.

KB21
06-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Haven't talked to mike since Sunday night. They talked to Lemonis Sunday night and were excited about the hire. It all boils down to if the Dodgers hit their number. It's coming down to the wire.

Yes. 10 more days. Carter Stewart has not signed yet either.

The Federalist Engineer
06-26-2018, 10:20 PM

If we get Ginn on campus is he the Saturday Night Starter? Is he also gonna take a starting field position?

He is this high-end as a freshman?

dawgoneyall
06-26-2018, 10:23 PM

Any odds.....

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 10:24 PM
If we get Ginn on campus is he the Saturday Night Starter? Is he also gonna take a starting field position?

He is this high-end as a freshman?

Best guess is he would be a bull pen guy. Could def be a closer. He will play everyday in the lineup without question.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 10:26 PM
Any odds.....

Everything I’ve heard is the slot was 2.2, Ginn can’t turn down 3 but dodgers won’t get close. I’ve heard they offered 2.4 but won’t budge and if they don’t get in the 2.7 range then he’s coming to school.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 10:28 PM
Best guess is he would be a bull pen guy. Could def be a closer. He will play everyday in the lineup without question.

Let me clarify... not because he couldn’t be a starter but bc I think he really prefers to be in the pen. They are rightfully concerned about pitch counts.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Everything I’ve heard is the slot was 2.2, Ginn can’t turn down 3 but dodgers won’t get close. I’ve heard they offered 2.4 but won’t budge and if they don’t get in the 2.7 range then he’s coming to school.

Those figures are pretty accurate but the Dodgers are being aggressive. It's going to get very interesting.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 10:31 PM
Those figures are pretty accurate but the Dodgers are being aggressive. It's going to get very interesting.

The fact that we are even in the conversation with a first rounder is awesome.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Let me clarify... not because he couldn’t be a starter but bc I think he really prefers to be in the pen. They are rightfully concerned about pitch counts.

Yes pitch counts are a huge issue. They worked to keep his pitch count down in hs and if he plays at State it will be same. Not saying he wouldn't be a starter but you aren't going to see him throwing 100 pitches if he starts. Kids gonna be a dang good hitter too.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Yes pitch counts are a huge issue. They worked to keep his pitch count down in hs and if he plays at State it will be same. Not saying he wouldn't be a starter but you aren't going to see him throwing 100 pitches if he starts. Kids gonna be a dang good hitter too.

Exactly what I thought as well.

msstate7
06-26-2018, 10:38 PM
Yes. 10 more days. Carter Stewart has not signed yet either.

Paul
12:56 Any concern on Carter Stewart signing?

Kiley McDaniel
12:56 That's another one with some rumors around it

Personally I don't see either coming; but if im gonna dream, I'm gonna dream on Stewart

Pit Bull
06-26-2018, 10:46 PM
Anything over $500,000, I would be gone.......I can't even imagine how Ginn could even consider turning down the 2.2 mil slot value. Even at his young age I would give my right nut to get that! We must have psychologists performing hypnosis on him to come to MSU....LOL!

confucius say
06-26-2018, 10:51 PM
Anything over $500,000, I would be gone.......I can't even imagine how Ginn could even consider turning down the 2.2 mil slot value. Even at his young age I would give my right nut to get that! We must have psychologists performing hypnosis on him to come to MSU....LOL!

501k you'd go? That's not life changing money by any means. I know it's all relative, but that's only like 350k after taxes.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2018, 10:55 PM

Here's why and it's a gamble just like anything else. If he plays at a high level in the sec for 2 years he could become a top 10 pick which could be worth 3-4 times what he could get now. And there are ways to offset any injury that might occur at school. Like I said it's gonna come down to the wire.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 11:12 PM

2.2 million after taxes is not life changing money in today's economy.

Honestly with what we have at MSU and having seen what rookie ball in Montana is like- I'd go to MSU and get the money later.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 11:13 PM
I've seen this show before. It will go down to the last day and they'll offer him what he wants.

Please save us Scott Boras.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 11:14 PM
Paul
12:56 Any concern on Carter Stewart signing?

Kiley McDaniel
12:56 That's another one with some rumors around it

Personally I don't see either coming; but if im gonna dream, I'm gonna dream on Stewart

You must like getting your dreams crushed.**

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 11:21 PM
And not to be completely negative:

The Dodgers are expected to sign the top International prospect this year in Diego Cartaya but I believe they are at the minimum as far as their international signing bonus goes. That means to sign him they are probably going to be taxed and they may want to save some money. It also could affect their perception because if they don't sign Ginn they could look at it as they are getting a first round value pick in Cartaya. They also may be fine with getting an extra first round pick which will make it easier on them to go after a free agent like Bryce Harper or Manny Machado in the offseason so they will still have a first round pick even if they sign one of them.

I think ultimately the Dodgers look at it like they are playing with house money essentially.

biggun
06-26-2018, 11:21 PM

True, but 1st rounders only make it to campus if they sign with Vandy, Florida, and LSU. Prepare for the punch to the gut in the very near future. Hope I am wrong but.............

Bubb Rubb
06-27-2018, 03:46 AM

We're not. He is going pro.

Dawg2003
06-27-2018, 03:53 AM
Would be great to get him but won?t expect it. I can definitely see the appeal of living the student athlete life. That?s a lot more appealing than living in the minor leagues for who knows how long. It?s all a gamble in the end. I?d like to know the statistics on how many first rounders make it out of the minors and how fast they do it.

The Federalist Engineer
06-27-2018, 08:38 AM
I am not getting woolly about Ginn being a dog, but something for JT to consider is to read the recent Chipper Jones book

(1) Rookie ball is a societal sewer, not much better than being in a county jail in terms of the peer group
(2) There are lots of deceptive groupies in minor league ball- you rather meet a college girl versus being 5th man-up on a Hooter's Waitress (like Chipper) - you might get 2.2M as a bonus, but pay 12.2M in a divorce later

On the balanced side, in support of signing for the Dodgers

(1) When you are a Stud-Bolt, you don't need College Ball seasoning, you need to develop physically and sharpen professional mechanics
(2) A minor league manager does not stretch innings to beat a rival, they are 1000% dedicated to protecting and developing the big asset (especially the #1 picks)
(3) Big prospects get to do Spring-Training with big leaguers. Chipper learned a tremendous amount about his ability by facing Rodger Clemens in training games
(4) Being in OKC, Tulsa, or Rancho Cucamunga can be good - you won't have fans or press - so you can study at night. Many reputable schools offer on-line education. With his money, I would study Finance. (Chipper did not do this)
(5) You can do Finance or Financial Engineering (my favorite) semi independently without every day interaction with a prof. (Chipper did not do this)

Jack Lambert
06-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Heard LeMo met with Ginn today. What ya think?

Ginn is 50/50. Talked to a guy who son plays ball with him at the gym and he knows his dad real well and he said it looked good for State and this guy is a Ole Miss booster.

32 Dive
06-27-2018, 08:59 AM
We're doing some collective dreaming... From 30,000 ft., this appears to be the ol' negotiating checkers game. Not even chess. Especially, with Stewart.

dawgfan016
06-27-2018, 09:02 AM
2.2 million after taxes is not life changing money in today's economy.

2.2M isn't life changing money? Man, I need your job.

MetEdDawg
06-27-2018, 09:07 AM
2.2M isn't life changing money? Man, I need your job.

If he sticks $1 million after taxes away in a retirement account he's good to go for the rest of his life. Plus he gets a salary in the minors.

2.2 million is definitely life changing if you allocate it up front properly.

Jack Lambert
06-27-2018, 09:12 AM
If he sticks $1 million after taxes away in a retirement account he's good to go for the rest of his life. Plus he gets a salary in the minors.

I think playing in the College World Series is big and probably a lot of Major Leaguers feel they missed out on that. I don't know how that would feel but I had a chance to play football at USM while Farve was there and I did not take the scholarship. Every Saturday at Davis Wade I regret not taking the chance I had to play college football. I had several offers. I regret it and will always regret it.

My understanding of the money is you have to complete your contract to get the full amount. They don't give it all to you up front.

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2018, 09:15 AM

Under these circumstances, he needs to go pro. Babying pitch counts under 100 won't help MSU or Ginn. If he hasn't thrown 100 pitches in a game, it would likely affect him in the draft 3 years from now.

Too me, you're either all the way in at MSU or you are out. I just don't see it working with these types of stipulations.

MarketingBully
And not to be completely negative:

The Dodgers are expected to sign the top International prospect this year in Diego Cartaya but I believe they are at the minimum as far as their international signing bonus goes. That means to sign him they are probably going to be taxed and they may want to save some money. It also could affect their perception because if they don't sign Ginn they could look at it as they are getting a first round value pick in Cartaya. They also may be fine with getting an extra first round pick which will make it easier on them to go after a free agent like Bryce Harper or Manny Machado in the offseason so they will still have a first round pick even if they sign one of them.

I think ultimately the Dodgers look at it like they are playing with house money essentially.

This doesn?t look negative at all. To me, the Dodgers would be better off not getting Ginn and getting the extra pick next year. In order to sign Ginn, they will get really close to having to pay the 5% penalty and lose a first round draft pick next year. They haven?t built up nearly enough pool money to get close to a $2.8-3 million number. I think they could get to the $2.5-2.6 range but will that be enough to sign Ginn? Remember they still have quite a few leverage picks to sign. This and they will need pool money to sign the 11-20 round kids that were picked in those rounds.

KB21
I expect Carter Stewart to sign with the Braves, but one thing to keep in mind with this is that the Braves new GM, Alex Anthopoulos, has a history of having first round picks that do not sign. Toronto drafted Tyler Beede out of high school with the 21st pick in 2011 and did not sign him. In 2013, Toronto took Phil Bickford out of high school with the 9th pick, and he did not sign. Then in 2015, they took Brady Singer in the 2nd round, and he did not sign.

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2018, 09:18 AM
I think playing in the College World Series is big and probably a lot of Major Leaguers feel they missed out on that. .

Not really

msu15
06-27-2018, 09:21 AM
I think playing in the College World Series is big and probably a lot of Major Leaguers feel they missed out on that.

Lol, definitely not

MarketingBully
06-27-2018, 09:24 AM
I expect Carter Stewart to sign with the Braves, but one thing to keep in mind with this is that the Braves new GM, Alex Anthopoulos, has a history of having first round picks that do not sign. Toronto drafted Tyler Beede out of high school with the 21st pick in 2011 and did not sign him. In 2013, Toronto took Phil Bickford out of high school with the 9th pick, and he did not sign. Then in 2015, they took Brady Singer in the 2nd round, and he did not sign.

That’s quite a track record of not signing first rounders. Especially not signing a first round 9th pick. Is the guy just really cheap or something?

Randolph Dupree
06-27-2018, 09:26 AM

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but you can't live off of a minor league salary. I think it works out to be less than minimum wage and you only get paid for the months you play. He would have to use some of that to live off of. Don't get me wrong, the kid could do just fine if he managed it correctly but if it doesn't workout he's still gotta find a job later and he would have no education. It's nice to think he could go back to school, when you're 28 with a family...it's not ideal.

I can see an intelligent kid, from a middle class or upper middle class family with a future in baseball and/or outside of Baseball turning down $2M to come to college.

Jack Lambert
06-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Lol, definitely not

Well those commentators during our game with the beavers said other wise. I know they are trying to sell it but the CWS is a big deal.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Under these circumstances, he needs to go pro. Babying pitch counts under 100 won't help MSU or Ginn. If he hasn't thrown 100 pitches in a game, it would likely affect him in the draft 3 years from now.

Too me, you're either all the way in at MSU or you are out. I just don't see it working with these types of stipulations.

Why? Very few major league starters go over 100 pitches now at all, and pitch counts are being kept down in the minors more than ever. And he's eligible for the draft after 2 years at State, not 3.

msstate7
06-27-2018, 09:50 AM

I don't even wanna dream on his 3000+ spin rate at miss state. Not happening...

MetEdDawg
06-27-2018, 09:55 AM
I think playing in the College World Series is big and probably a lot of Major Leaguers feel they missed out on that. I don't know how that would feel but I had a chance to play football at USM while Farve was there and I did not take the scholarship. Every Saturday at Davis Wade I regret not taking the chance I had to play college football. I had several offers. I regret it and will always regret it.

My understanding of the money is you have to complete your contract to get the full amount. They don't give it all to you up front.

Well if he has to complete the context to get the money then I can definitely see this being a hiccup. At 18 here's no telling what could happen. Get tired of baseball. Get married and start a family and settle down.

Makes sense that MLB steams are able to protect themselves like that but that also means that the players have significantly more value going to college and finishing at least 3 years. And many times the teams we play are more talented than low A and A teams. I think that's why you don't see a ton of or guys hang around A ball for more than a year or two.

MarketingBully
06-27-2018, 10:07 AM
I don't even wanna dream on his 3000+ spin rate at miss state. Not happening...

Lol could you imagine having him as our ace and Ginn coming in to shut it down. If we landed both (which I know is 0 chance), we’d have to be looked as the favorite to win the CWS next year. Lol.

KB21
06-27-2018, 10:15 AM
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but if JT Ginn does get to campus, that creates a very intriguing situation at the back end of the bull pen. With Ginn and Gunner Halter, you have two potentially elite high leverage relievers that can get you strike outs. They will also get Spencer Price back. I'd be tempted to have Riley Self work on adding a third pitch this off season and would consider stretching him out. If not, then you have one heck of a back end of the pen with Ginn, Self, Halter, and Price. Just need to figure out the long relief and starters after Ethan Small. I think we could see a big jump for Keegan James next year.

MarketingBully
06-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Quick question. Why didn’t we pitch Josh Hatcher more? He was a dominant pitcher in high school and would have given us another left handed arm out of the bullpen (which we really needed). He’s a two way player that would have helped us out on the mound instead of collecting dust on the bench as the seldom used DH against righties. I hope with Henderson gone we use him in the bullpen and actually utilize Jordan Anderson more.

KB21
06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Josh Hatcher and Jordan Anderson are both high end position prospects, and it may just be that Hatcher wants to focus on hitting. There will be some interesting decisions that will need to be made going forward as well. With Gunner Halter and possibly JT Ginn coming in, those are two immediate impact types on the infield. Both can play short stop, but Halter may end up at third. Then you have the freshmen from this year in Jordan Westburg, Justin Foscue, and Tanner Allen on the infield. Bryce Bush is a potential high impact bat that could be a 1B option as a freshman. I'm kind of curious to see what happens with Hunter Stovall and Luke Alexander going forward.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Quick question. Why didn’t we pitch Josh Hatcher more? He was a dominant pitcher in high school and would have given us another left handed arm out of the bullpen (which we really needed). He’s a two way player that would have helped us out on the mound instead of collecting dust on the bench as the seldom used DH against righties. I hope with Henderson gone we use him in the bullpen and actually utilize Jordan Anderson more.

Dang good question. You can never have enough left handed arms, even if its just situational.

KB21
06-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Dang good question. You can never have enough left handed arms, even if its just situational.

You know, it's interesting. MLB guys are actually looking at Jake Mangum more as a pitcher than hitter. As a pitcher, he's a left that can throw low 90s. As a hitter, he's a contact guy with limited power that doesn't draw enough walks. The former is a valuable commodity in pro baseball. The latter is a dime a dozen type of player in the pros.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 10:39 AM
You know, it's interesting. MLB guys are actually looking at Jake Mangum more as a pitcher than hitter. As a pitcher, he's a left that can throw low 90s. As a hitter, he's a contact guy with limited power that doesn't draw enough walks. The former is a valuable commodity in pro baseball. The latter is a dime a dozen type of player in the pros.

Funny you say that. I've always said if I came back in another life I wanted to come back as a left handed pitcher. You can play baseball almost as long as you want as a lefty lol

MarketingBully
06-27-2018, 10:53 AM
Funny you say that. I've always said if I came back in another life I wanted to come back as a left handed pitcher. You can play baseball almost as long as you want as a lefty lol

That’s why Small should come back for his R-Junior year. My guess is his velocity gets back to 93-94 next year and he should move up to first or second round from 26th round. He could make himself millions more coming back. Getting his fastball to 93-94 would make him unhittable next year.

Dawg2003
06-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Josh Hatcher and Jordan Anderson are both high end position prospects, and it may just be that Hatcher wants to focus on hitting. There will be some interesting decisions that will need to be made going forward as well. With Gunner Halter and possibly JT Ginn coming in, those are two immediate impact types on the infield. Both can play short stop, but Halter may end up at third. Then you have the freshmen from this year in Jordan Westburg, Justin Foscue, and Tanner Allen on the infield. Bryce Bush is a potential high impact bat that could be a 1B option as a freshman. I'm kind of curious to see what happens with Hunter Stovall and Luke Alexander going forward.

It will be interesting to see where Hatcher fits in if he doesn’t pitch. I assume Stovall will leave, and Jordan Westburg will make up part of the infield going forward. I like Luke Alexander, but I can see him getting bumped out of the lineup. You could move Rowdey Jordan infield (I think he and Westburg played SS in high school) and put Jordan Anderson in the outfield. I really hope we can keep Cole Gordon, and he maintains what he figured out. That dude straight mowed the OSU lineup down. We could do some serious damage if we add Ginn on top of the rest of the pitchers coming back.

Tbonewannabe
06-27-2018, 11:06 AM

Of the 2.2 Million, he would probably get around 1.4 Mill total distributed over 2 or more years. So he definitely could put away $1 Mil if he is willing to live on around $200k per year for 2 years but then he is making less than minimum wage unless he has made the majors at that time. I will say you can make a living playing AAA ball if you are frugal.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 11:10 AM
That’s why Small should come back for his R-Junior year. My guess is his velocity gets back to 93-94 next year and he should move up to first or second round from 26th round. He could make himself millions more coming back. Getting his fastball to 93-94 would make him unhittable next year.

Small gonna make some money next year!

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Of the 2.2 Million, he would probably get around 1.4 Mill total distributed over 2 or more years. So he definitely could put away $1 Mil if he is willing to live on around $200k per year for 2 years but then he is making less than minimum wage unless he has made the majors at that time. I will say you can make a living playing AAA ball if you are frugal.

Tbone is dead on here.

PMDawg
06-27-2018, 11:22 AM

Lol. Another hot take from the resident hot take expert.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Lol. Another hot take from the resident hot take expert.

I respect Shotgun but I'd take 90-100 pitches a week from Ginn, Carter Stewart or anyone of the other elite pitchers without batting an eye.

Tbonewannabe
06-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Tbone is dead on here.

He could definitely have the money to be well ahead if he left baseball after however many years it takes to fulfill the initial contract and make sure the team doesn't claim some of the signing bonus back. You also have to look at how MLB is now 60% or more college players. That other 40% is made up of international players along with probably high round draft picks so the probability of him making the big leagues is probably good. He does have the advantage of getting drafted in 2 years so if he ends up as good as we hope, he could be a top 10 pick and more than double that signing bonus.

KB21
06-27-2018, 11:31 AM
I respect Shotgun but I'd take 90-100 pitches a week from Ginn, Carter Stewart or anyone of the other elite pitchers without batting an eye.

I'm also more than willing to have Ginn as a one inning guy if it means we get his bat in the line up.

smootness
06-27-2018, 11:40 AM
Guys. We aren’t getting Stewart or Ginn. Don’t do this to yourselves.

Todd4State
06-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Why? Very few major league starters go over 100 pitches now at all, and pitch counts are being kept down in the minors more than ever. And he's eligible for the draft after 2 years at State, not 3.

I was about to say our starters don't throw much more than 100 typically anyway.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 12:01 PM
Guys. We aren’t getting Stewart or Ginn. Don’t do this to yourselves.

Relax brother, we are all speculating here and voicing opinions on what we would do. I never expected to get Stewart but yes we do have a shot with Ginn even if it's small. MSU baseball will survive and flourish even if those 2 don't make it. It wouldn't be the first time it happened and won't be the last. It's the chance you take with elite recruits.

MarketingBully
06-27-2018, 12:09 PM
I’m hoping Kyle Bunn comes to his senses and joins Lemonis here. Didn’t realize he was good friends with JT’s dad.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 12:11 PM
I’m hoping Kyle Bunn comes to his senses and joins Lemonis here. Didn’t realize he was good friends with JT’s dad.

Yeah they played softball together years ago.

justin
06-27-2018, 01:32 PM

These numbers got me curious. From the information I can find, the Dodgers currently have saved $209,800 in bonus pool money from their signed draft picks and have 4 top 10 picks who remain unsigned. So if they do not go over slot for their 3 remaining top 10 picks other than Ginn and do not go over $125,000 for any of their remaining unsigned picks outside the top 10, they could offer Ginn just under $2.5 million.

The Dodgers do have the option to exceed their bonus pool, but if they go over by 5% or more they would lose their 1st round pick in 2019 and no team has ever chosen to do that. They can however exceed their bonus pool by a maximum of 5% minus $1. They would then be required to pay a 75% luxury tax on that amount, but they would not lose a draft pick. Teams choose to do this fairly often. Doing this would allow them to offer Ginn right at $2.75 million.

The other 3 remaining picks are unlikely to be asking for more than their slot value, so most likely they remain unsigned because the Dodgers are asking them to take less than slot to free up more money to offer Ginn. Looking at other signings around them, they could potentially free up a maximum of another $300,000 to increase the offer to Ginn. All 3 of those players are Juniors and they have the option to go back to school for their Senior year, so who knows if they are willing to take that much less. But they lose all their leverage in the draft if they go back to school, so most likely they end up signing somewhere below slot value. So that could potentially get Ginn's offer up as high as $3 million, but that would be the absolute maximum.

So if Ginn is willing to sign somewhere around $2.7 or $2.8 million, I think the Dodgers eventually get him signed unless for some reason they are not willing to pay the luxury tax for exceeding their bonus pool. I can't imagine that would be a deal breaker though.

Commercecomet24
06-27-2018, 01:39 PM
These numbers got me curious. From the information I can find, the Dodgers currently have saved $209,800 in bonus pool money from their signed draft picks and have 4 top 10 picks who remain unsigned. So if they do not go over slot for their 3 remaining top 10 picks other than Ginn and do not go over $125,000 for any of their remaining unsigned picks outside the top 10, they could offer Ginn just under $2.5 million.

The Dodgers do have the option to exceed their bonus pool, but if they go over by 5% or more they would lose their 1st round pick in 2019 and no team has ever chosen to do that. They can however exceed their bonus pool by a maximum of 5% minus $1. They would then be required to pay a 75% luxury tax on that amount, but they would not lose a draft pick. Teams choose to do this fairly often. Doing this would allow them to offer Ginn right at $2.75 million.

The other 3 remaining picks are unlikely to be asking for more than their slot value, so most likely they remain unsigned because the Dodgers are asking them to take less than slot to free up more money to offer Ginn. Looking at other signings around them, they could potentially free up a maximum of another $300,000 to increase the offer to Ginn. All 3 of those players are Juniors and they have the option to go back to school for their Senior year, so who knows if they are willing to take that much less. But they lose all their leverage in the draft if they go back to school, so most likely they end up signing somewhere below slot value. So that could potentially get Ginn's offer up as high as $3 million, but that would be the absolute maximum.

So if Ginn is willing to sign somewhere around $2.7 or $2.8 million, I think the Dodgers eventually get him signed unless for some reason they are not willing to pay the luxury tax for exceeding their bonus pool. I can't imagine that would be a deal breaker though.

Yeah it's gonna be really, really close.

LibraryDawg
06-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Did any of you read Gene's article about yesterday's meeting btw Ginn and Coach Lemo? The quotes from both Ginn and his dad seem promising.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/MSU-signee-JT-Ginn-and-his-dad-Mike-Ginn-talk-about-meeting-new-MSU-head-baseball-coach-Chris-Lemonis-119385517/

BuckyIsAB****
06-27-2018, 03:19 PM

I heard from somebody within the BHS program he wants 3 mil and the Dodgers are at 2.5

MarketingBully
06-27-2018, 03:28 PM
I heard from somebody within the BHS program he wants 3 mil and the Dodgers are at 2.5

Yep, that seems to be the concensus. They shouldn’t budge on that number either. I hope one of two things happen and I’m good with either outcome: A) they get their $3 million or B) JT comes to school. They shouldn’t settle for 2.7 or 2.8 because in two years they will have a ton more money then the $3 mil they’re going after now.

KB21
06-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Yep, that seems to be the concensus. They shouldn’t budge on that number either. I hope one of two things happen and I’m good with either outcome: A) they get their $3 million or B) JT comes to school. They shouldn’t settle for 2.7 or 2.8 because in two years they will have a ton more money then the $3 mil they’re going after now.

Yep. JT will be 21 before the 2020 draft, so he will be draft eligible in 2 years.

Turfdawg67
06-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Let's start a Go Fund Me to cover the cost of a $3MM insurance policy! Probably would be frowned upon by the NCAA...

Turfdawg67
06-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Did any of you read Gene's article about yesterday's meeting btw Ginn and Coach Lemo? The quotes from both Ginn and his dad seem promising.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/MSU-signee-JT-Ginn-and-his-dad-Mike-Ginn-talk-about-meeting-new-MSU-head-baseball-coach-Chris-Lemonis-119385517/

https://s22.postimg.cc/9t66hapn5/D89832_C1-_C892-443_E-9_E8_D-53_D8_E9_FD99_F6.jpg

mparkerfd20
06-27-2018, 06:29 PM

Wow after reading that I go from a 0% chance to maybe 20%. Sounds like he would really love to come to State....but.

Bully13
07-05-2018, 10:02 PM
We're doing some collective dreaming... From 30,000 ft., this appears to be the ol' negotiating checkers game. Not even chess. Especially, with Stewart.

https://s33.postimg.cc/oifguc47j/Reagan_Laughing.gif

Bully13
07-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Guys. We aren?t getting Stewart or Ginn. Don?t do this to yourselves.

Bully13
07-05-2018, 10:05 PM
We're not. He is going pro.

I seen it dawg
07-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Lol

State82
07-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Bully13 bringing the heat on several blowhards on this board. As always, except for a select few, nobody knows squat on here. And those select few know who they are.

Commercecomet24
07-06-2018, 12:10 AM
Bully13, you're a good dude.