PDA

View Full Version : My biggest fear this year

BHildreth3
10-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Is that we lose Geoff Collins. We've got to ****ing pay assistant coaches more money. He's talented and if we were to keep him a few more years...wow he would be a top DC in the SEC.

Dawg61
10-11-2013, 06:56 PM
59 points last week

DownwardDawg
10-11-2013, 07:19 PM
We say this every year about every defensive coordinator. I need a few years before I fall for it again.

BHildreth3
10-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Geoff isn't the problem with the defense

Political Hack
10-11-2013, 07:25 PM
I didn't think we'd miss Diaz. I was right that he wasn't all that and wrong that Wilson would be a decent replacement.

I was happy when Wilson left, and I think I was right about that.

I think Collins is the best DC we've had in a while. I like the scheme and don't see a lot of missed assignments.

Dawg61
10-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Geoff isn't the problem with the defense

The secondary is but he oversees the entire defense and the week coming off 59 points isn't the ideal time to push for his raise. Let's actually beat a team worth a shit first.

hacker
10-11-2013, 08:00 PM
The defense this year has been super solid and wrecking shit. The improvement over last year is obvious. **** the score from the LSU game. That was an anomalous game, and they ran the score up in the 4th.

We need Collins.

Dawg61
10-11-2013, 08:03 PM
The defense this year has been super solid and wrecking shit. The improvement over last year is obvious. **** the score from the LSU game. That was an anomalous game, and they ran the score up in the 4th.

We need Collins.

Not saying we don't and I'm fine with Collins so far. I just find it odd this discussions is up the week after his defense gave up 59 points. Been awhile since I saw 59 on us. Hell I can't even name the last team to get 59 on MSU. Can you?

Bothrops
10-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Collins took FIU's defense from worst to first in the Sun Belt very quickly. The guy can coach defense.

preachermatt83
10-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I think he is a very good coach but if he did leave we would just hire manny back so while I don't wont him to leave it is nowhere close to being my "greatest fear"

Behrdawg
10-11-2013, 10:50 PM
I think he is a very good coach but if he did leave we would just hire manny back so while I don't wont him to leave it is nowhere close to being my "greatest fear"

Manny will most likely never work for CDM ever again.

Collins is a HUGE improvement over Wilson. I really like the guy. You cant judge him on just one game (LSU). You have to look at what he has done so far with a young defense and troubled secondary. If you guys want raises for the assistant coaches...send more money to the Bulldog Club. If you are already sending money- then send more.

HIGHDOG
10-12-2013, 06:30 AM
give the def 2 safeties that can run & the whole unit loox a helluva lot better & he loox like a genius...tom

hacker
10-12-2013, 12:44 PM

Oh yeah? You have it on good authority? My god.

Coach34
10-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Manny aint coming back to Sville

Collins is doing a good job- we're better on D and we can see where the problem areas are- experience and health is needed to make those positions better