PDA

View Full Version : Hotel rates for football

RocketDawg
06-26-2018, 04:15 PM
I screwed around and didn't get my hotels in Columbus until a few days ago. No excuse, just didn't do it earlier. I noticed the rates at the place I usually stay are considerably higher than last year, and in many cases, not even available. I went with a "lower end" hotel for those dates, but will check for cancellations right before game time.

Is it the same in Starkville and West Point? Suppose it's because of an expected really good season under Moorhead?

06-26-2018, 04:16 PM
supply and demand, bro

It was the same way during Mullen's first year too

RocketDawg
06-26-2018, 06:16 PM
supply and demand, bro

It was the same way during Mullen's first year too

Yes, of course. Football weekend rates are about triple those during the week, even in Columbus.

It'll be interesting to see if the stadium is full for Stephen F. Austin. BTW ... I just checked the schedule on HailState and that game is listed as being on ESPNU at 6:30. Thank goodness for night games early on. The Louisiana game is also at 6:30.

stalkingpoon
06-26-2018, 06:56 PM
I’ve got a 3BR/2B I’m thinking of renting for game weekends if anyone is interested. Not sure about rate yet but would be minimum 2 night stay

BurgDawg
06-26-2018, 08:09 PM
One company owns 6 hotels.. 3 in Columbus and 3 in Starkville so they kinda dictate the market. Air BNB has really hurt the hotels the last couple years that?s why rates have dropped some...

biggun
06-26-2018, 11:31 PM
In Starkville, 2 night minimum with the rates around $250 to $300 a night at the Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, and La Quinta.

Best chance to get a Saturday night only room is the Hilton Garden Inn due to the team checking out Saturday morning but for big games all of those rooms are already gone far in advance but they do have a waiting list

Randolph Dupree
06-27-2018, 09:09 AM
after a year or two of doing the $250-$300 per night with a two night minimum, I realized that it was costing me around $1000/weekend for my family of four to attend games (whole weekend and eating out). We go to all the games so that ends up being $6-7K per year. We purchased a travel trailer, nothing too fancy but comfortable and big enough. We use it for other things outside of football, and if I keep it another two years it will have paid for itself. A football weekend costs me about $250 now. Spots are around $40/night and we don't have to eat out every meal (although we do occasionally).

If you already have a truck, and go to all the games I'd recommend shopping them. If you do like we did and wait until the new model year comes out you can get a really good price on a new one that is the previous model year.

Mobile Bay
06-27-2018, 09:29 AM
I?ve got a 3BR/2B I?m thinking of renting for game weekends if anyone is interested. Not sure about rate yet but would be minimum 2 night stay

I would be, but only through a company like Air BNB where we would both have protections.

1MSUDOG
06-27-2018, 09:40 AM
Please delete if inappropriate, but we just started renting our house this month and have nights available for football season. It's more expensive than a hotel, but it also sleeps 6-8. It's perfect for two families to share.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/25783043?s=51

CarolinaDawgs
06-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Please delete if inappropriate, but we just started renting our house this month and have nights available for football season. It's more expensive than a hotel, but it also sleeps 6-8. It's perfect for two families to share.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/25783043?s=51

Check your PM

Dawgbite
06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
after a year or two of doing the $250-$300 per night with a two night minimum, I realized that it was costing me around $1000/weekend for my family of four to attend games (whole weekend and eating out). We go to all the games so that ends up being $6-7K per year. We purchased a travel trailer, nothing too fancy but comfortable and big enough. We use it for other things outside of football, and if I keep it another two years it will have paid for itself. A football weekend costs me about $250 now. Spots are around $40/night and we don't have to eat out every meal (although we do occasionally).

If you already have a truck, and go to all the games I'd recommend shopping them. If you do like we did and wait until the new model year comes out you can get a really good price on a new one that is the previous model year.

Do you stay at the Horse Park?

Randolph Dupree
06-27-2018, 11:33 AM
We've done it before but we have a spot at the KOA. Same spot for every game. It works out really well.

Lance Harbor
06-27-2018, 12:43 PM
I've an AirBNB in the Cotton district. Newly renovated. 3 BR/2BA sleeps 8-10. DM if interested.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20930560?preview_for_ml

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p4966812

I screwed around and didn't get my hotels in Columbus until a few days ago. No excuse, just didn't do it earlier. I noticed the rates at the place I usually stay are considerably higher than last year, and in many cases, not even available. I went with a "lower end" hotel for those dates, but will check for cancellations right before game time.

Is it the same in Starkville and West Point? Suppose it's because of an expected really good season under Moorhead?

Mutt the Hoople
06-27-2018, 10:29 PM
You might not be able to get a room, but they only cost $5 more a night on Game Weekends.