PDA

View Full Version : Bunn not named interim coach at IU.

AlSwearengen
06-26-2018, 02:00 PM
If I am remembering correctly, Bunn (pitching coach) held the title of associate head coach. I assumed that he would have an in on the head coaching job but Indiana announced that he and the other asst. would remain at IU to handle business with the other asst. being named interim head coach.

I wonder where things stand with us concerning a P coach. I would think that Lemonis would try to bring Bunn with him if possible.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 02:04 PM
It depends on who the candidates are. Bunn would be good. But there are also a lot of other pitching coaches that would be good as well.

Commercecomet24
06-26-2018, 03:01 PM
If Bunn doesn't become the HC at Indiana or get another HC offer he'll more than likely be our pitching coach.

MarketingBully
06-26-2018, 03:03 PM
It depends on who the candidates are. Bunn would be good. But there are also a lot of other pitching coaches that would be good as well.

I could see Bunn eventually coming here if he doesn’t get the IU job. Surely that’s why he stayed there. He has a 10x chance to get a head job if he comes here rather then staying there. It really makes zero sense if he wants to stay pitching coach there. We could quadruple his salary and he could be on the fast track to a head job in 2-3 years here. It’s a win-win.

MarketingBully
06-26-2018, 03:04 PM
If Bunn doesn't become the HC at Indiana or get another HC offer he'll more than likely be our pitching coach.

That’s what I thought. I doubt he gets a head job if he’s not named the HC at Indiana.

yjnkdawg
06-26-2018, 03:07 PM
If I am remembering correctly, Bunn (pitching coach) held the title of associate head coach. I assumed that he would have an in on the head coaching job but Indiana announced that he and the other asst. would remain at IU to handle business with the other asst. being named interim head coach.

I wonder where things stand with us concerning a P coach. I would think that Lemonis would try to bring Bunn with him if possible.

At the press conference, Cohen said that Lemonis would have the opportunity to have the best assistant coaches in college baseball on his staff. So maybe Lemonis wants to look in a different direction, or maybe Bunn knows something concerning his future in coaching.

yjnkdawg
06-26-2018, 03:14 PM
I could see Bunn eventually coming here if he doesn?t get the IU job. Surely that?s why he stayed there. He has a 10x chance to get a head job if he comes here rather then staying there. It really makes zero sense if he wants to stay pitching coach there. We could quadruple his salary and he could be on the fast track to a head job in 2-3 years here. It?s a win-win.

Lemonis said that he had no time line on completing his staff right now. So that could be.

Really Clark?
06-26-2018, 03:19 PM
This article states Bunn is the interim HC

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2018/06/whos-on-deck-iu-begins-national-search-to-replace-lemonis/amp/

MarketingBully
06-26-2018, 03:21 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2018/06/whos-on-deck-iu-begins-national-search-to-replace-lemonis/amp/

Yep and if he gets the head job good for him. If not, I bet he comes here like what Commerce was saying. It would make the most sense.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 03:21 PM
I could see Bunn eventually coming here if he doesn’t get the IU job. Surely that’s why he stayed there. He has a 10x chance to get a head job if he comes here rather then staying there. It really makes zero sense if he wants to stay pitching coach there. We could quadruple his salary and he could be on the fast track to a head job in 2-3 years here. It’s a win-win.

That's true but I don't know what Bunn's options are and I also don't know what our options are. One way or the other I doubt he will be the pitching coach at Indiana next year.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 03:24 PM
At the press conference, Cohen said that Lemonis would have the opportunity to have the best assistant coaches in college baseball on his staff. So maybe Lemonis wants to look in a different direction, or maybe Bunn knows something concerning his future in coaching.

If it's Cohen saying that it tells me that Cohen will have some input on that hire. Lemonis will make the final decision as to who he wants so I don't think it's going to be Cohen telling him who to hire. But I could see Cohen giving input in terms of using Trackman and having scouting connections as a guide as far as what to look for in a candidate. It also tells me that Cohen will be willing to pay top dollar for assistants.

AlSwearengen
06-26-2018, 03:31 PM

Hmm. Thehossiernetwork.com says it is cheeseborough as the interim. Looking at other articles though, it looks like they want to do a search.

Really Clark?
06-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Hmm. Thehossiernetwork.com says it is cheeseborough as the interim. Looking at other articles though, it looks like they want to do a search.

Yeah Glass definitely has said he wants to do a national search. Doesn’t mean he won’t consider either assistant though.

yjnkdawg
06-27-2018, 12:00 AM

He was an assistant coach at Louisville for 3 years when Lemonin was an assistant coach there.

Pit Bull
06-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Heard the Hoosiers are going to upgrade their program significantly and look to hire Schloss from TCU ******

KB21
06-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Looking at his background, I hope Coach Lemonis brings Kyle Cheesebrough with him as well. He's got a pretty good history at coaching catchers, which is something we need at Mississippi State.

iPat09
06-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Looking at his background, I hope Coach Lemonis brings Kyle Cheesebrough with him as well. He's got a pretty good history at coaching catchers, which is something we need at Mississippi State.

You want a cheeseburger with that lemonade?***