PDA

View Full Version : Hello Elitedawgs- lets talk

Coach34
06-25-2018, 08:17 PM
While I had my disagreement with my brothers that own the site- this is still my site just as it is theirs. I still love those guys- even Hack- because we built something special here. Thanks to all of you for remaining loyal Elitedawgs and making this the best site on the net- even if I say **** you to Hack, Behr, and Slick from time to time. Brothers dont always get along.

OK- we have a new baseball coach.

I'm not excited in the least by this hire. I think Cohen thought he could pull a name and ended up figuring out he couldnt. Just as I said back in April- we werent going to hire a name. It was NEVER going to happen. I'm right yet again- and I'm sorry so many of you were wrong yet again- but thats been par for the course for many of you who as fans that think with your heart far too often when talking about Miss State sports.

However- there is sunshine on the horizon. Despite your feelings on our hire- he would have to be beyond shitty to lose in his 1st year as State's coach. He returns 7 position starters- plus signs a juco thats supposed to challenge Belmont at SS- Ginn wants to play a position in college and is forcing MLB to pay him bigly to not to go MLB- and lastly, Westburg will be too good in 2019 to DH. He will command a position next Spring. Our new coach has to fill in a few pitching spots to solidify this team and expectations of a Super are there for him. Anything less than a Super in 2019- then our new hire has failed.

I'm not excited by the hire and it assures GoTro will be gone within 2 years because a team will want him as a HC- but he has a great chance to get off on the good foot at State and have a good 1st season. We'll see.

HailState

msstate7
06-25-2018, 08:21 PM
I wanna see how the rest of the staff is filled, but there's no question this is a let down

Irondawg
06-25-2018, 08:25 PM
Just curious. Who was your pick?

I can honestly say I have no idea where I would have turned after we couldn’t land the big fish so this guys seems about as good a bet as anyone. I do like his recruiting pedigree

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Welcome back C34. Let's get ready to roll.

Anonymous
06-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Saddle up and support the guy or go **** yourself.

Sincerely,
Everyone

lefty96
06-25-2018, 08:28 PM
This site sometimes feels more like the WWE and less like a sports message board.

Bulldog1
06-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I was upset last night. But today I've calmed down a little and realized this guy could be very good. Right now, I want to see who he brings in as pitching coach.

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 08:31 PM
Not sure how you can say I didn't expect a big name and then be unhappy with who we hired.

Coach34
06-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Just curious. Who was your pick?

I would have made Henderson HC for 2019 and GoTro the HC in waiting for 2020. As someone that had a great relationship with Hendo as Cohen did- I would pull him in and tell him that we want GoTro as the future. I would tell him he could be CEO 1 year and then we would move him into a solid management position in 2020. Then GoTro assumes reigns for 2020 and is our guy for the next 15 years

I'm not saying Cohen is wrong here- but picking this guy over GoTro???? He better be right

AlSwearengen
06-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Well, hopefully your feelings about the new coach go the same way that your feelings about people here wanting coffee went. Miscalculation.

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 08:38 PM
I’m just reserving my spot. Carry on

Dawg61
06-25-2018, 08:40 PM
If we get a stud pitching coach it'd be almost impossible to not win 40 with this team next year. Get Gordon to return Bert.

Coach34
06-25-2018, 08:43 PM
Well, hopefully your feelings about the new coach go the same way that your feelings about people here wanting coffee went. Miscalculation.

I give no ****s about coffee. Try another hot button issue

Bulldog1
06-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Yes, he needs to get Gordon back.
Small, Ginn, James/Gordon is a really nice starting rotation.

BeardoMSU
06-25-2018, 08:46 PM
If we get a stud pitching coach it'd be almost impossible to not win 40 with this team next year. Get Gordon to return Bert.

This.

Why wouldn't Gordon want to come back? I know he participated in SR night, but what else is there? Maybe his post season flashes will change his mind....

Mobile Bay
06-25-2018, 08:52 PM
I would have made Henderson HC for 2019 and GoTro the HC in waiting for 2020. As someone that had a great relationship with Hendo as Cohen did- I would pull him in and tell him that we want GoTro as the future. I would tell him he could be CEO 1 year and then we would move him into a solid management position in 2020. Then GoTro assumes reigns for 2020 and is our guy for the next 15 years

I'm not saying Cohen is wrong here- but picking this guy over GoTro???? He better be right

I agree 100 percent. Letting Henderson go after what he accomplished and after the stunt Cohen pulled just makes us look bad, and makes other coaches realize that this isn't a great job as long as Chen is AD.

BeardoMSU
06-25-2018, 08:56 PM
I agree 100 percent. Letting Henderson go after what he accomplished and after the stunt Cohen pulled just makes us look bad, and makes other coaches realize that this isn't a great job as long as Chen is AD.

No it doesn't. It's ok not to be prisoner of the moment.

Jack Lambert
06-25-2018, 09:00 PM

Why should we hold any loyalty to a coach who could pack up and leave at anytime? Do coaches have any loyalty to the school or to the next pay check? Let's ask Mullen. We owned Henderson nothing. He got paid.

Randolph Dupree
06-25-2018, 09:03 PM

How about that ice chest at Leak Academy field house...maybe you should make better decisions in your personal life and focus less on the message boards.

tcdog70
06-25-2018, 09:04 PM
I think most on here agree tha Gotro is the real deal. I too, would agree with C34. Keep Hendo and get Jake ready to take us forward. But, I will get behind the new Guy and hope for the best.

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 09:15 PM
But for real, C34’s position assumes that Hendo would have been ok with basically being a place holder for another year. That’s a big assumption and could have blown up in Cohens face even more than this little backlash from the fan base.

You really run the risk of hendo resigning on the spot right there and leaking to the media. That’s a bad spot to be in and could have cost Cohen his job. It was either hire hendo and live with him for multiple years, hire GoTro before he’s ready, or go this route.

preachermatt83
06-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Welcome back buddy. I disagree with you om the issue at hand but that’s the great thing about an open forum ... we can disagree over an issue and still respect each other’s opinion.

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Welcome back buddy. I disagree with you om the issue at hand but that’s the great thing about an open forum ... we can disagree over an issue and still respect each other’s opinion.

That’s the ideal that many of us here fall short of

preachermatt83
06-25-2018, 09:29 PM
How about that ice chest at Leak Academy field house...maybe you should make better decisions in your personal life and focus less on the message boards.

Why in the world would someone make a personal comment like this on a message board. People that make personal comments like this should be permanently banned from this page. That?s about as bad as folks posting employers of people on here. I?ve even had people post the name of my church on here. That?s something OM people do. We should be above that. It?s downright trashy. We may disagree with each other here but it should never be personal and people?s personal lives should never be put out there by others. Just my 2 cents.

Coach34
06-25-2018, 09:33 PM

I have no idea what this means. What does Leake Academy- a school I have never had any affiliation with- have to do with our new baseball coach?

KOdawg1
06-25-2018, 09:35 PM

You said that Cohen should be fired. Anything you say is BS as far as I'm concerned

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 09:36 PM
Why in the world would someone make a personal comment like this on a message board. People that make personal comments like this should be permanently banned from this page. That?s about as bad as folks posting employers of people on here. I?ve even had people post the name of my church on here. That?s something OM people do. We should be above that. It?s downright trashy. We may disagree with each other here but it should never be personal and people?s personal lives should never be put out there by others. Just my 2 cents.
100% agreed. You shouldn’t have to worry about people posting personal info.

Only I should be allowed to post my own personal info that I feel comfortable sharing with the board.

06-25-2018, 09:36 PM

hahaha you still mad

Dawg2003
06-25-2018, 09:40 PM

Why do you think Henderson would agree to that?

KOdawg1
06-25-2018, 09:41 PM

Maybe you should not attack someone's personal life and focus on not being an ass.

If you disagree with the guy, that's fine, but bringing personal stuff in it says more about you than it does him. I agree with Preach, personal attacks should be a bannable offense

Coach34
06-25-2018, 09:41 PM

because Randolph is an illiterate redneck that heard a rumor from his cousin's wife's uncle's dad and thought he would be slick and try to get at my online. But the only thing Randolph did was show he literally has zero clue about me. Hobby Lobby Randolph!!!

Coach34
06-25-2018, 09:43 PM
hahaha you still mad

not. One. Bit.

Political Hack
06-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Love you brother.

Coach34
06-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Why do you think Henderson would agree to that?

because making 700K for 1 season as CEO beats the alternative

Coach34
06-25-2018, 09:45 PM
Love you brother.

you too

Cooterpoot
06-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Shit, I agree with 34. Gotro gone in 2 years.

Dawg2003
06-25-2018, 09:47 PM
because making 700K for 1 season as CEO beats the alternative

That is just silly. I would be seriously concerned if our AD thought that such a deal was acceptable and even more concerned if Henderson or Gautreau accepted that type of deal.

preachermatt83
06-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Love you brother.

you too

This is what it’s all about right here!!

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 09:49 PM
But for real, C34’s position assumes that Hendo would have been ok with basically being a place holder for another year. That’s a big assumption and could have blown up in Cohens face even more than this little backlash from the fan base.

You really run the risk of hendo resigning on the spot right there and leaking to the media. That’s a bad spot to be in and could have cost Cohen his job. It was either hire hendo and live with him for multiple years, hire GoTro before he’s ready, or go this route.

Exactly.

I can't see Henderson taking that deal in the first place. If Cohen thought that Gautreau was THE guy for 2020- you hire him for 2019 as well Waiting one more year with what amounts to an unstable situation from the standpoint that there would be more change not to mention what "could" happen in 2019 it just doesn't make any sense. Gautreau is not going to magically learn anymore between now and 2020 and it's not like Henderson is some coaching master that has been here for years like Polk or even Cohen.

And with the team there is a good chance that it would be awkward because they know Henderson would only be around for one more year so why listen to a guy that you know isn't going to be around beyond next year? That would be incredibly unfair to guys like Mangum and Small who are coming back and have already had to deal with weirdness their entire career basically at MSU. It's one thing to band around and rally around a coach after a firing takes place in February but having to do so for another entire year is even more risky from a chemistry standpoint. And how hard would it be to hire a pitching coach- try explaining to candidates that "well, Gary will only be here for one more year but then it's going to be our hitting coach"- they would think that we are a complete cluster.

What it would look like is Cohen would be trying to avoid media backlash while at the same time trying to please the fans- and would probably end up creating media backlash and making fans angry in the process. Because if we have another year like this one- and we absolutely could- the media would be like "Well, you know Gary Henderson has taken them to Omaha twice now but they aren't going to bring him back. That kind of makes you wonder". And then with the fans it would be MSU Twitter for the past week for about a year. THAT could create a divide in the fan base. And I'm sure we would be raked across the coals in recruiting.

I honestly can't think of anything positive that going to that situation would create. We need stability whether that is Lemonis and Gautreau. And I do think Lemonis will give us that. Gautreau will probably leave one day for a head coaching opportunity because that's what happens in this industry. See Butch, Lane, Mingione, heck....Raffo. The key is replacing them. And at least whenever Gautreau does leave at least we hired a coach that put up good numbers at his last stop.

Bulldog1
06-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Shit, I agree with 34. Gotro gone in 2 years.

Yep. Someone's gonna get a great HC.

Dawg2003
06-25-2018, 09:57 PM
Exactly.

I can't see Henderson taking that deal in the first place. If Cohen thought that Gautreau was THE guy for 2020- you hire him for 2019 as well Waiting one more year with what amounts to an unstable situation from the standpoint that there would be more change not to mention what "could" happen in 2019 it just doesn't make any sense. Gautreau is not going to magically learn anymore between now and 2020 and it's not like Henderson is some coaching master that has been here for years like Polk or even Cohen.

And with the team there is a good chance that it would be awkward because they know Henderson would only be around for one more year so why listen to a guy that you know isn't going to be around beyond next year? That would be incredibly unfair to guys like Mangum and Small who are coming back and have already had to deal with weirdness their entire career basically at MSU. It's one thing to band around and rally around a coach after a firing takes place in February but having to do so for another entire year is even more risky from a chemistry standpoint. And how hard would it be to hire a pitching coach- try explaining to candidates that "well, Gary will only be here for one more year but then it's going to be our hitting coach"- they would think that we are a complete cluster.

What it would look like is Cohen would be trying to avoid media backlash while at the same time trying to please the fans- and would probably end up creating media backlash and making fans angry in the process. Because if we have another year like this one- and we absolutely could- the media would be like "Well, you know Gary Henderson has taken them to Omaha twice now but they aren't going to bring him back. That kind of makes you wonder". And then with the fans it would be MSU Twitter for the past week for about a year. THAT could create a divide in the fan base. And I'm sure we would be raked across the coals in recruiting.

I honestly can't think of anything positive that going to that situation would create. We need stability whether that is Lemonis and Gautreau. And I do think Lemonis will give us that. Gautreau will probably leave one day for a head coaching opportunity because that's what happens in this industry. See Butch, Lane, Mingione, heck....Raffo. The key is replacing them. And at least whenever Gautreau does leave at least we hired a coach that put up good numbers at his last stop.

Not to mention that it would make the program look more unstable than it already does.

Gautreau is great, and I even thought it might be better to keep Hendo just to keep Gautreau. But the fact is that he will probably leave at some point like many assistants do. We got him as an assistant who isn’t ready to be a head coach when we needed one. The stars just didn’t align. He’s with us right now though, and he obviously loves Starkville and the players. We have no idea what the future holds, so better to just enjoy it now.

maroonmania
06-25-2018, 10:01 PM

Boy, some BIG assumptions in that strategy. First, you ASSUME that Henderson would be interested in essentially being an "interim" HC for another year and then be willing to move into a non-coaching position the year after. Unlike Cohen, there is no indication that Henderson is interested in some "management" position that we would come up with. All of that is likely a non-starter for GH to accept in the first place. Second, you ASSUME JG is THE guy going forward for us although he has never been a HC and has only been an assistant in our program for one year. Probably has less of an overall track record than Canny did although he did have a few years coaching at Tulane as an assistant as well. Lemonis has 4 successful years as a HC at essentially a basketball school and 7 years as an assistant for Louisville when they averaged 44 wins over that span. I'm certainly not blown away by our hire but, by the same token, would probably be even less excited by your plan going forward. Yes, JG sounds great on an interview and is liked by the players, but there is zero proof at this time that he would be ready to be successful as a HC at a big time baseball school. Heck, let's at least see how our players improve as hitters from this year to next year before anointing JG as the greatest hitting coach around.

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Not to mention that it would make the program look more unstable than it already does.

Gautreau is great, and I even thought it might be better to keep Hendo just to keep Gautreau. But the fact is that he will probably leave at some point like many assistants do. We got him as an assistant who isn’t ready to be a head coach when we needed one. The stars just didn’t align. He’s with us right now though, and he obviously loves Starkville and the players. We have no idea what the future holds, so better to just enjoy it now.

I agree. And honestly, if Cohen had just promoted Gautreau to head coach today I would have been fine with it. But I think Cohen went with Lemonis because he has head coaching experience and a fairly similar background as Gautreau in terms of success. I think having head coaching experience was very important to Cohen after Cann's immaturity run and I totally get that.

Randolph Dupree
06-25-2018, 10:04 PM
because Randolph is an illiterate redneck that heard a rumor from his cousin's wife's uncle's dad and thought he would be slick and try to get at my online. But the only thing Randolph did was show he literally has zero clue about me. Hobby Lobby Randolph!!!

Easy bud. You said "...push another button..."

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Boy, some BIG assumptions in that strategy. First, you ASSUME that Henderson would be interested in essentially being an "interim" HC for another year and then be willing to move into a non-coaching position the year after. Unlike Cohen, there is no indication that Henderson is interested in some "management" position that we would come up with. All of that is likely a non-starter for GH to accept in the first place. Second, you ASSUME JG is THE guy going forward for us although he has never been a HC and has only been an assistant in our program for one year. Probably has less of an overall track record than Canny did although he did have a few years coaching at Tulane as an assistant as well. Lemonis has 4 successful years as a HC at essentially a basketball school and 7 years as an assistant for Louisville when they averaged 44 wins over that span. I'm certainly not blown away by our hire but, by the same token, would probably be even less excited by your plan going forward. Yes, JG sounds great on an interview and is liked by the players, but there is zero proof at this time that he would be ready to be successful as a HC at a big time baseball school.

Based on Henderson's comments during the SR and the CWS about wanting the job I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do it.

Coach34
06-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Boy, some BIG assumptions in that strategy. First, you ASSUME that Henderson would be interested in essentially being an "interim" HC for another year and then be willing to move into a non-coaching position the year after. Unlike Cohen, there is no indication that Henderson is interested in some "management" position that we would come up with. All of that is likely a non-starter for GH to accept in the first place. Second, you ASSUME JG is THE guy going forward for us although he has never been a HC and has only been an assistant in our program for one year. Probably has less of an overall track record than Canny did although he did have a few years coaching at Tulane as an assistant as well. Lemonis has 4 successful years as a HC at essentially a basketball school and 7 years as an assistant for Louisville when they averaged 44 wins over that span. I'm certainly not blown away by our hire but, by the same token, would probably be even less excited by your plan going forward. Yes, JG sounds great on an interview and is like by the players, but there is zero proof at this time that he would be ready to be successful as a HC at a big time baseball school.

A) Henderson has no other choice. Nobody would pay him 700K for one year as CEO of our program as we would have. He would have taken whatever we offered him

B) GoTro is the guy. We screwed up picking this Indiana dude over him- mark my words

C) Lemonis took over for a guy that had won the Big Ten 2 straight years. And Lemonis finished 6th, 3rd, 6th, and 5th. He was not as successful as his predecessor. Not sure why anybody would be excited about a guy that did worse than the guy he took over for.

State is loaded for 2019 and just needs to plug in some pitching- so our new hire shouldnt be able to **** this Spring up. This hire will be judged on 2020 and beyond. #HailState

Coach34
06-25-2018, 10:12 PM
Easy bud. You said "...push another button..."

well damn man- you whiffed completely. Get the circumstances and the school correctly- you missed on both.

maroonmania
06-25-2018, 10:12 PM
Yep. Someone's gonna get a great HC.

Based on what? Love JG but how can anyone say for sure he would be a great HC?

Randolph Dupree
06-25-2018, 10:19 PM
NM

maroonmania
06-25-2018, 10:20 PM
B) GoTro is the guy. We screwed up picking this Indiana dude over him- mark my words

Glad you and others KNOW this but I don't know what it's based on. I do know that JG was in charge of our offense and that in the CWS if you take away the UNC game where we broke it open late, we scored 5 runs in 3 games combined. The offense is what sent us home from Omaha, not the pitching.

Coach34
06-25-2018, 10:30 PM
Glad you and others KNOW this but I don't know what it's based on. I do know that JG was in charge of our offense and that in the CWS if you take away the UNC game where we broke it open late, we scored 5 runs in 3 games combined. The offense is what sent us home from Omaha, not the pitching.

when we started 4 true freshmen in the line-up. It's a tribute to Jake we made it as far as we did. Look at Fla, UPig, and Oregon State- all of them are veteran line-ups. Thats what it takes to win a title. We got to the Final Four starting 4 true freshmen. Thats insane

wasabaka
06-25-2018, 10:30 PM
well damn man- you whiffed completely. Get the circumstances and the school correctly- you missed on both.

You are a 17ing idiot and I have proven this in the past. You just need to go away since you know jack shit about this subject. This site is better off without your bullshit.

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 10:31 PM
So many touchy people

Coach34
06-25-2018, 10:36 PM
You are a 17ing idiot and I have proven this in the past. You just need to go away since you know jack shit about this subject. This site is better off without your bullshit.

All you proved over the years is that you are a moron. Bring back the spider as your avatar and post about weird shit that nobody understands as you did years ago. #hailstate

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 10:38 PM
A) Henderson has no other choice. Nobody would pay him 700K for one year as CEO of our program as we would have. He would have taken whatever we offered him

C) Lemonis took over for a guy that had won the Big Ten 2 straight years. And Lemonis finished 6th, 3rd, 6th, and 5th. He was not as successful as his predecessor. Not sure why anybody would be excited about a guy that did worse than the guy he took over for.

State is loaded for 2019 and just needs to plug in some pitching- so our new hire shouldnt be able to **** this Spring up. This hire will be judged on 2020 and beyond. #HailState

Why would we pay him 700K for one year? That seems a little high to me. Especially if he would have taken whatever we would have offered him as you asserted. I bet we paid him around 400-500K this year. And I could definitely see Henderson getting 100-150K from a school like a Pepperdine that would let him stay around for a few years.

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 10:39 PM
All you proved over the years is that you are a moron. Bring back the spider as your avatar and post about weird shit that nobody understands as you did years ago. #hailstate

Legitimate question. What are our chances with Ginn?

wasabaka
06-25-2018, 10:40 PM

Okay...I?ve never had a spider as my avatar. Once again this proves you are a 17ing dubmass and need to shut the 17 up.

sorrydog
06-25-2018, 10:45 PM
Are the people that speculate our assistant coaches are better than the head coach the same ones that always want to play the second team QB?

DawgRockur
06-25-2018, 10:50 PM
17 this.
The burning question is.. how much money have you made from the coffee scheme?

Bulldog1
06-25-2018, 10:51 PM
I. He has shown that he is a great hitting coach.
Just look at the progression our hitters have made this year. We had 6 hitters bat above .300 in conference play this year.
3 of those were Freshman, 3 (Mac, Mangum, Stovall) were not. Let's compare their past 2 years in conference.

Stovall-
2017: .286 avg, .365 slg, .318 obp
2018: .315 avg, .468 slg, .353 obp

Mangum- can't really compare because he had a broken hand last year.
2017: .298 avg, .374 slg, .345 obp
2018: .346 avg, .488 slg, .429 obp

Mac-
2017: .292 avg, .416 slg, .323 obp
2018: .345 avg, .548 slg, .411 obp

II. He is an elite recruiter. He has scout connections- he previously worked as an agent for Boras Corporation. He is the recruiting coordinator here, and he was also the recruiting coordinator at Tulane.

DawgRockur
06-25-2018, 10:52 PM

Sounds like ole *air quote* preacher, has heard this rumor too. He got very defensive for his man crush

CrookedLetta
06-25-2018, 10:57 PM
Ease up guys.. his thin skin won’t last long if you keep picking on him!!

ScottH
06-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Yes, he needs to get Gordon back.

They were meeting with Cole this afternoon I believe.

Dawg61
06-25-2018, 11:47 PM
Elitedawgs is like the best party of the summer and C34 is one of the hosts that brought all the chicks and beer to the party yet there's always like 20 dudes that get ignored by all the chicks at the party so they hammer on C34 endlessly. Enjoy the party with the chicks and beer fellas and quit bitching at the host.

DawgFromOxford
06-26-2018, 12:08 AM
I don't know how some of y'all are more willing to take on Jake G. than Lemonis. Jake has 0 experience running a program as the lead guy. Sure he is one heck of a recruiter and worked wonders with our hitting, but the head guy is so much more than that. Is it possible Jake will be a great coach some day? Sure, but its also possible he ends up being a terrible head coach. There's always assistants who do well and always assistants who flop. Some of y'all are on here complaining that Lemonis is not enough of a high profile hire to run our program, but you're ready to hand the keys over to Jake? come on.

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2018, 12:19 AM

Welcome back Big Dawg!!!

I hear your opinions but I've been talking to folks in the other demension today about what we got.

Conclusion: we are good. This dude is absolutely 100% legit. He's GoTro + experience. In fact, he'll be good for GoTro because he's the type of coach GoTro will need to be to reach his ceiling as a head guy.

MarketingBully
06-26-2018, 05:06 AM
Jake Gautreau is staying on staff. I don’t understand what the big deal is. C34’s plan would be an unmitigated disaster and would require just as much luck as this year just to get back to the CWS. Henderson’s dumb ass decisions cost us at least 10+ games or I guess everyone forgot about that. The kids rallyed around Henderson because what choice did they have?This team should easily of won mid 40s to 50 games towards the end of the season instead we finished with 39 wins and were in the final four. This team had the talent to host a regional and make our road easier to the CWS. I appreciate what Henderson did these last 3 weeks but he is not the answer at head coach. And no C34 this hire isn’t Rick Ray, Chizik, or Croom, or any other dumb ass thing you came up with on your Twitter. I think Lemonis gets us back to the CWS and we get there by being a national seed and hosting the regional and super regional...

msbulldog
06-26-2018, 06:14 AM
While I had my disagreement with my brothers that own the site- this is still my site just as it is theirs. I still love those guys- even Hack- because we built something special here. Thanks to all of you for remaining loyal Elitedawgs and making this the best site on the net- even if I say **** you to Hack, Behr, and Slick from time to time. Brothers dont always get along.

I'm not excited in the least by this hire. I think Cohen thought he could pull a name and ended up figuring out he couldnt. Just as I said back in April- we werent going to hire a name. It was NEVER going to happen. I'm right yet again- and I'm sorry so many of you were wrong yet again- but thats been par for the course for many of you who as fans that think with your heart far too often when talking about Miss State sports.

However- there is sunshine on the horizon. Despite your feelings on our hire- he would have to be beyond shitty to lose in his 1st year as State's coach. He returns 7 position starters- plus signs a juco thats supposed to challenge Belmont at SS- Ginn wants to play a position in college and is forcing MLB to pay him bigly to not to go MLB- and lastly, Westburg will be too good in 2019 to DH. He will command a position next Spring. Our new coach has to fill in a few pitching spots to solidify this team and expectations of a Super are there for him. Anything less than a Super in 2019- then our new hire has failed.

I'm not excited by the hire and it assures GoTro will be gone within 2 years because a team will want him as a HC- but he has a great chance to get off on the good foot at State and have a good 1st season. We'll see.

HailState

Great post, thanks Coach.

msbulldog
06-26-2018, 06:22 AM

And my 2 cents, look a there Preach we almost got a nickle.

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2018, 07:44 AM
I'm sure this will get blown off because he isn't "the" guy - but as much credit as JG gets for the improvement of our hitters, what is Mike Brown's role with the team? If you look at his background he has very good of hitting credentials during his time with New Mexico State and Kentucky. Do we know if Mike worked with our hitters too?

Really Clark?
06-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Smith had 2 great years but his other 7 was average to poor. His winning percentage even with those 2 years added in was .546. Without those 2 years he is below .500, .485 for his other 7 years. Then he left when that group of players left and at a school that?s easier to recruit and win at...Smith has stunk it up like most of his years at Indiana. He won 14 games at ASU. Lemonis win percentage is .607 at Indiana. Better than Smith even with the 2 historic years

Tbonewannabe
06-26-2018, 07:51 AM

I think GoTro is an excellent coach but you have no clue how the guy would do as the head man. I think Cohen wanted someone with experience running his own program and Lemonis seems like a better candidate than GoTro. He has the recruiting background and the hitting background that is as good or better than GoTro. He has also been successful everywhere he has went. He is probably the safer play so unless Cohen really felt like GoTro was Canny 2.0 without the dic pics then it would have been risky.

basedog
06-26-2018, 07:52 AM
I'm sure this will get blown off because he isn't "the" guy - but as much credit as JG gets for the improvement of our hitters, what is Mike Brown's role with the team? If you look at his background he has very good of hitting credentials during his time with New Mexico State and Kentucky. Do we know if Mike worked with our hitters too?

Yes on this, I've heard nothing but good things about Mike Brown. Very loyal and good guy, good baseball man.

99jc
06-26-2018, 07:56 AM
This was a Tenn dumpster fire hire. we got left at the alter by so many great coaches Cohen had egg on his face. He did a reach around on Mac and Schloss and grabbed hold of Lameonis.

shannondawg
06-26-2018, 08:05 AM

I don't know what this is about and don't care. Be glad I'm not a moderator or you would be banned.

Really Clark?
06-26-2018, 08:08 AM
This was a Tenn dumpster fire hire. we got left at the alter by so many great coaches Cohen had egg on his face. He did a reach around on Mac and Schloss and grabbed hold of Lameonis.

Tenn level? That’s not even close. Did we have an agreement with a coach that the fan base hated so much it caused a revolt and protest that caused the university to withdraw the hire? NO. Did we have to bring in Polk to take over as AD in the middle of the hire and suspend our AD? NO. The Tenn search was in another universe of blundered coaching searches.

MarketingBully
06-26-2018, 08:17 AM
Tenn level? That’s not even close. Did we have an agreement with a coach that the fan base hated so much it caused a revolt and protest that caused the university to withdraw the hire? NO. Did we have to bring in Polk to take over as AD in the middle of the hire and suspend our AD? NO. The Tenn search was in another universe of blundered coaching searches.

Agreed, this is no where near the dumpster fire that the Tennessee coaching search was at all. Not even in the ballpark. Hell, Lemonis is a hell of a hire. These “fans” just don’t see it yet but once we start winning at a high level with him everyone will get behind him.

louisvilledawg
06-26-2018, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE

HailState[/QUOTE]

What will our lineup look like? Think Rowdey moves to second base with Stovall gone and lets Westburg or Anderson play LF?

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2018, 08:31 AM
34 is dead on with this ...Lameonis brings nothing to the table Henderson couldnt. This was a Tenn dumpster fire hire. we got left at the alter by so many great coaches Cohen had egg on his face. He did a reach around on Mac and Schloss and grabbed hold of Lameonis.

Really?

Please defend this.

I don't see them as being remotely any alike

MSU338
06-26-2018, 08:31 AM
Why are so many folks hung up on loosing GOTRO???? He is an assistant and probably will get a job in 2 years when he is more qualified to take over a HC position. That is the nature of the Beast when you have good assistants. If he isn't ready for a HC now, why the hell would Cohen hire him and pray that he will be an Elite HC in 2020. If he was ready now for a HC job then someone would of already hired him. Every great assistant will get a HC job sooner or later. So why stress it. The next GOTRO is waiting somewhere so when he is hired away we will get another one. And I am sure he will get hired away also if Lemonis is as good as I am anticipating. So why stress over a situation that you cant change. Live in the moment.

TrapGame
06-26-2018, 08:40 AM
I think GoTro is head coach in waiting. His name rec could get him a HC job right now at name at a middle tier school. He and Cohen came to an arrangement. GoTro will replace Lemonis in a few years.

That's just my conspiracy theory.

smootness
06-26-2018, 08:40 AM
Lameonis brings nothing to the table Henderson couldnt.

Lulz

smootness
06-26-2018, 08:41 AM
I think GoTro is head coach in waiting. His name rec could get him a HC job right now at name at a middle tier school. He and Cohen came to an arrangement. GoTro will replace Lemonis in a few years.

That's just my conspiracy theory.

Yeah, that sounds like something an up-and-coming young coach (Lemonis) would agree to. Why do people think Gautreau is better than Lemonis, exactly?

MarketingBully
06-26-2018, 08:42 AM
Really?

Please defend this.

I don't see them as being remotely any alike

He won’t. It’s just great language some of these guys like to use like saying Lemonis is like hiring Croom, Ray, or Chizik which he fits none of those abysmal hires. It would be like them saying Saban from Michigan State to LSU was that type of hire. Saban was only 34-24-1 (58%) at Michigan State and Chris Lemonis was 141-91-2 (60%) at Indiana. Both were called bright young minds and elite recruiters. I think Lemonis ends up more like Saban at LSU then Croom, Ray at MSU or Chizik at Auburn. Hell Chizik at Iowa State was 5-19. How is that comparible to 141-91-2 at a terrible baseball school where he went to 3 of 4 regionals and had almost half of their total regional appearances (3 of 8).

BrunswickDawg
06-26-2018, 08:44 AM
Why are so many folks hung up on loosing GOTRO???? He is an assistant and probably will get a job in 2 years when he is more qualified to take over a HC position. That is the nature of the Beast when you have good assistants. If he isn't ready for a HC now, why the hell would Cohen hire him and pray that he will be an Elite HC in 2020. If he was ready now for a HC job then someone would of already hired him. Every great assistant will get a HC job sooner or later. So why stress it. The next GOTRO is waiting somewhere so when he is hired away we will get another one. And I am sure he will get hired away also if Lemonis is as good as I am anticipating. So why stress over a situation that you cant change. Live in the moment.

Young Ast. Coach = Backup QB

People think they know better than the decision makers and JUST KNOW that they have the next big thing.

AlSwearengen
06-26-2018, 08:50 AM
When you compare Indiana’s previous coach’s overall record plus Indiana’s historical record to what Lemonis has done, I feel a little better about it. Indiana caught lightning in a bottle with those two guys that were ridiculous at the plate (plus a decent supporting cast). Other than that team, they’ve never been any good.

Also, Indiana isn’t the type of program that can go to the CWS one time and sit back and have the recruits flock to them. No one thinks of Indiana when discussing baseball schools. The fact that Lemonis had them in the top 40 recruiting wise is a pretty nice accomplishment.

TrapGame
06-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Yeah, that sounds like something an up-and-coming young coach (Lemonis) would agree to. Why do people think Gautreau is better than Lemonis, exactly?

It's not up to Lemonis. Cohen is running the show. Why would Lemonis agree to keeping GoTro on in the first place? Doesn't he have some guys in mind to coach with him? C'mon Smoot.

smootness
06-26-2018, 09:05 AM
It's not up to Lemonis. Cohen is running the show. Why would Lemonis agree to keeping GoTro on in the first place? Doesn't he have some guys in mind to coach with him? C'mon Smoot.

He likes Gautreau and thinks he'll do a great job as hitting coach?

You're insane if you think Lemonis is coming here with a deal like that in place. And yes, it is up to Lemonis. He accepted the job.

smootness
06-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Young Ast. Coach = Backup QB

People think they know better than the decision makers and JUST KNOW that they have the next big thing.

Nailed it.

TrapGame
06-26-2018, 09:14 AM
He likes Gautreau and thinks he'll do a great job as hitting coach?

You're insane if you think Lemonis is coming here with a deal like that in place. And yes, it is up to Lemonis. He accepted the job.

Not insane. Just speculating. I'm sure you are correct. But, I do think Cohen thinks of the baseball program as "his" and he will take extra care in its development. That's why I like the Lemonis hire. I'm sure Lemonis really likes GoTro too.

smootness
06-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Not insane. Just speculating. I'm sure you are correct. But, I do think Cohen thinks of the baseball program as "his" and he will take extra care in its development. That's why I like the Lemonis hire. I'm sure Lemonis really likes GoTro too.

I don't literally mean you're insane haha. Just saying, there's no way he would agree to come here with that kind of deal in place. That's what you do with coaches who are 75 years old and ready to retire, and even then it's been tough for them to eventually leave at times (see Bobby Bowden). Lemonis isn't going to derail his career just so he can coach here for 3 years.

06-26-2018, 09:37 AM

If GoTro was the coach-in-waiting, we would have hired Hendu

Cohen hired Lemonis to be our coach for the long term

You're wrong, give it up

06-26-2018, 09:38 AM

100% agree

The man-love for GoTro is a little much, he may be great, but he's still not that proven

TrapGame
06-26-2018, 09:39 AM
If GoTro was the coach-in-waiting, we would have hired Hendu

Cohen hired Lemonis to be our coach for the long term

You're wrong, give it up

That's what I thought. Henderson would have stayed.

And I'm not married to this theory. Jesus.

shrimp
06-26-2018, 09:44 AM
That's next-level psycho stuff there. You could probably use a timeout and several stiff drinks.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-26-2018, 09:51 AM
Saddle up and support the guy or go **** yourself.

Sincerely,
Everyone

Lemonis or Coach34?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Just as I said back in April- we werent going to hire a name. It was NEVER going to happen. I'm right yet again- and I'm sorry so many of you were wrong yet again- but thats been par for the course for many of you who as fans that think with your heart far too often when talking about Miss State sports.

I sure am glad that IYOK and Ari, along with others in the know, don't only show up when it is to gloat about a prediction. You can take your post and shove it up your ass.

ETDawg
06-26-2018, 10:47 AM

I have seen several references to this but evidently missed the main event. Probably when I was working 75 hours/week.

Give me the Reader's Digest Condensed Version of what happened.

ps: I am glad C34 is back too. I don't post much but love to lurk!

yjnkdawg
06-26-2018, 11:14 AM
I sure am glad that IYOK and Ari along with others in the know don't only show up when it is to gloat about a prediction. You can take your post and shove it up your ass.

Some people want the spotlight shined on them and the attention. Others just post viable information (without the drama) when they think it is appropriate to do so.

Tbonewannabe
06-26-2018, 11:24 AM
100% agree

The man-love for GoTro is a little much, he may be great, but he's still not that proven

Exactly, if he was the next greatest then Cohen has proven he would hire someone like him. The fact is Cohen knows a lot more about the baseball world and what it takes to win in the SEC than any other person on this message board.

yjnkdawg
06-26-2018, 11:33 AM

Cohen has been there and done that. Do you think Cohen would have taken our head coaching position, when he was at KY, if our AD or someone else dictated who he would hire as assistant coaches. There would be very few if any quality coaches who would accept going into a situation like that. Cohen wanted to keep Gautreau, but he was not going to tell a coach something that he wouldn't have accepted when he took our head coach position. Coach Lemonis was asked , at the press conference, why he decided to keep Gautreau on his staff. He said because he had known Jake, prior to and what he brought to the program, and also for continuity.

Tbonewannabe
06-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Cohen has been there and done that. Do you think Cohen would have taken our head coaching position, when he was at KY, if our AD or someone else dictated who he would hire as assistant coaches. There would be very few if any quality coaches who would accept going into a situation like that. Cohen wanted to keep Gautreau, but he was not going to tell a coach something that he wouldn't have accepted when he took our head coach position. Coach Lemonis was asked , at the press conference, why he decided to keep Gautreau on his staff. He said because he had known Jake, prior to and what he brought to the program, and also for continuity.

Exactly, Cohen probably told him how good of a hitting coach and recruiter he was. Lemo would have made the final decision on who to keep. Did we dictate to Moorhead that he had to keep Baker or anyone else? Coaches sometimes keep at least 1 assistant when taking over a program. That is a normal occurrence.

Lance Harbor
06-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Cohen never offered Schloss. Why do you think he withdrew his name?

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2018, 01:34 PM

HailState

Even though you said it would be Tim Tadlock. Lemonis has had the best run in the history of Indiana baseball and his team was one of the best in the B10 at hitting and defense.

Cohen couldve gotten Schloss but Schloss wanted to put his ego in front of what our kids were doing. I think Cohen did a good job.

BuckyIsAB****
06-26-2018, 01:39 PM

C is wrong. His predecessor played in the NCAA tourney 3 times in 9 years. Lemonis played in it 3 out of 4. This is just not true.

They went to Omaha 1 year under his predecessor bc they had 2 MLB players on the roster. Lemonis did good at a place that couldnt give a shit. He just won 40 games

yjnkdawg
06-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Nobody on this board , or actually anybody who covers or has any expertise in college baseball, can predict what type of coach, Coach Lemoris will be at MSU. He could turn into an elite coach, or not. Time will tell. Anybody who says he is a bad hire, and we should have done this or that is just speculating, or hoping they will be right.

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Nobody on this board , or actually anybody who covers or has any expertise in college baseball, can predict what type of coach, Coach Lemoris will be at MSU. He could turn into an elite coach, or not. Time will tell. Anybody who says he is a bad hire, and we should have done this or that is just speculating, or hoping they will be right.

I feel pretty good about him. FWIW. I do want to see who he hires as his pitching coach but I feel pretty confident that he will get someone good.

yjnkdawg
06-26-2018, 02:32 PM
I feel pretty good about him. FWIW. I do want to see who he hires as his pitching coach but I feel pretty confident that he will get someone good.

Yeah! I do too. Cohen said at the presser that Lemonis would have the opportunity to be surrounded by some of the best assistant coaches in college baseball. It sounded like two more coaches were coming in. I thought Lemonis was impressive in the press conference. Very intelligent sounding, can joke too, and has a plan for our basebal program. He says he wakes up every morning with Omaha on his mind.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Elitedawgs is like the best party of the summer and C34 is one of the hosts that brought all the chicks and beer to the party yet there's always like 20 dudes that get ignored by all the chicks at the party so they hammer on C34 endlessly. Enjoy the party with the chicks and beer fellas and quit bitching at the host.

This is the best post ever made on ED. Ever.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 02:37 PM
I don't know what this is about and don't care. Be glad I'm not a moderator or you would be banned.

Hand clap gif inserted here

Turfdawg67
06-26-2018, 03:51 PM

In that analogy, you're the annoying kid that's trying to buddy up with the host (C34) but everyone just wishes you'd go home. ***

BeardoMSU
06-26-2018, 04:47 PM
In that analogy, you're the annoying kid that's trying to buddy up with the host (C34) but everyone just wishes you'd go home. ***

You're assuming he'd even be at the party....alcohols and chicks is da devil, bro***

DawgRockur
06-26-2018, 07:20 PM
I sure am glad that IYOK and Ari, along with others in the know, don't only show up when it is to gloat about a prediction. You can take your post and shove it up your ass.

This all day.

DawgRockur
06-26-2018, 07:21 PM

Biggest blowbang of the summer

BeardoMSU
06-26-2018, 07:43 PM
This all day.

It's called being an adult, lol.

Turfdawg67
06-26-2018, 07:50 PM
You're assuming he'd even be at the party....alcohols and chicks is da devil, bro***

I assumed PMatt was more the Jimmy Swaggart type... course I could be wrong. ;-)

RocketDawg
06-26-2018, 08:04 PM
I assumed PMatt was more the Jimmy Swaggart type... course I could be wrong. ;-)

Not all preachers are Baptist.

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Not all preachers are Baptist.

Swaggart is not Baptist

BeardoMSU
06-26-2018, 08:37 PM
Swaggart is not Baptist

Baptists are almost the same as Pentecostals. Only difference is the dancing, gibberish speak, and Baptists make sure their services don't go over an hour....because kick off is at noon. Priorities.**

Todd4State
06-26-2018, 08:56 PM
Baptists are almost the same as Pentecostals. Only difference is the dancing, gibberish speak, and Baptists make sure their services don't go over an hour....because kick off is at noon. Priorities.**

In other words Baptists are nothing like Pentecostals.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2018, 08:58 PM
In other words Baptists are nothing like Pentecostals.

It's a joke (see "**").

preachermatt83
06-26-2018, 09:05 PM

Doctrinally speaking we(baptists) and Pentecostals are not even close.