PDA

View Full Version : Why is Buck Showalter called Buck?

Political Hack
06-25-2018, 06:01 PM
PHone givinng me fits... but we have a debate going at the Braves game and this needs to be settled.

Leroy Jenkins
06-25-2018, 06:05 PM
William Nathaniel "Buck" Showalter III

During his first minor league season with the Fort Lauderdale Yankees he picked up the nickname "Buck" from manager Ed Napoleon because of his tendency to sit around the clubhouse "buck naked."

If you cant trust Wiki who can you trust?

msbulldog
06-25-2018, 06:39 PM
Why does the sun rise in the east?

Dawg61
06-25-2018, 06:44 PM
I've heard the Buck naked story enough to believe it

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 07:08 PM
William Nathaniel "Buck" Showalter III

During his first minor league season with the Fort Lauderdale Yankees he picked up the nickname "Buck" from manager Ed Napoleon because of his tendency to sit around the clubhouse "buck naked."

If you cant trust Wiki who can you trust?

And now we know the real reason why Cohen wouldn't hire him.

I can see Gene showing up for an interview with him and Showalter is just sitting behind his desk naked.

Political Hack
06-25-2018, 09:41 PM
That's always been my understanding. Love him just the same. Hail State.

Dawg61
06-25-2018, 09:58 PM
And now we know the real reason why Cohen wouldn't hire him.

I can see Gene showing up for an interview with him and Showalter is just sitting behind his desk naked.

I think the reason Buck wasn't hired is because he's the manager of the Baltimore Orioles not because he used to sit at his locker naked in the minor leagues.

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 09:59 PM
I think the reason Buck wasn't hired is because he's the manager of the Baltimore Orioles not because he used to sit at his locker naked in the minor leagues.

Missed the sarcasm.