PDA

View Full Version : What was the Florida Staff Doing While Moorhead was Landing Commits this Week?

ShotgunDawg
06-25-2018, 12:05 PM
So the dead period started today & our football coaches were working their asses off prior to the dead period to get star players on campus.

What was the Florida staff doing?

https://i.imgur.com/aP2YOpM.jpg

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 12:10 PM
You mean Hevesy doesn't recruit? WHAT?!?!??

thf24
06-25-2018, 12:11 PM
Surprised that tweet isn't getting blown up by all the Florida fans who are starting to panic over recruiting. They must not know Hev yet, but it's only a matter of time.

ShotgunDawg
06-25-2018, 12:12 PM
Surprised that tweet isn't getting blown up by all the Florida fans who are starting to panic over recruiting. They must not know Hev yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Starts from the top down.

Florida fans probably didn't realize the last week was a prime recruiting time.

smootness
06-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Dude is spending time with his family? LOL what a LOSER!

HereComesTheSpiral
06-25-2018, 12:16 PM

They already know it’s a win whenever Hevesy isn’t around recruits.

mstatefan91
06-25-2018, 12:17 PM

Must you always be a contrarian?

Dude is paid to recruit and develop football players.. Would kind of seem like he should wait just a couple of days before going on vacation

ShotgunDawg
06-25-2018, 12:21 PM

And a month long dead period starts today when coaches can spend all the time they want with their families.

Activated Alpha
06-25-2018, 12:43 PM

If he was out partying with bikini clad women or seen touring the country on his Harley I could understand being smug at him and Florida fans, but this guy took his son out for a day and did special stuff with him. He's a dad first, recruiter 2nd.

reno hightower
06-25-2018, 12:49 PM
If he was out partying with bikini clad women or seen touring the country on his Harley I could understand being smug at him and Florida fans, but this guy took his son out for a day and did special stuff with him. He's a dad first, recruiter 2nd.

What? so i guess you were okay with his recruiting ability while employed at MSU? Last time i checked MLB plays 162 games a season. Good for him spending time with son, but he sucks at his job. glad he's gone---

Activated Alpha
06-25-2018, 12:51 PM
What? so i guess you were okay with his recruiting ability while employed at MSU? Last time i checked MLB plays 162 games a season. Good for him spending time with son, but he sucks at his job. glad he's gone---

No I never said I was okay with his recruiting ability, but I'm not going to be smug or holier than thou about his spending a day with his kid.

ShotgunDawg
06-25-2018, 12:51 PM

So 2 days before the dead period starts, you'd be ok with him doing this while Ole Miss has the top players in the state on campus?

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 12:58 PM

Recruiting is way lower than second for Hevesy.

06-25-2018, 12:59 PM

Yeah you're just being an asshole. He could go on vacation when the dead period starts, just like all the other coaches do. We all have schedules we have to keep.

At this point you really cannot debate the lazy recrootin of the Mullen Country Club, and you're not 'logical' if try to do it, you're just dumb, it's not sheepthink

BrunswickDawg
06-25-2018, 01:02 PM
No one is acknowledging the elephant in the room here -

HEV is a ****ing Yankees Fan! I bet he liked ARod over Jeter too.

Ari Gold
06-25-2018, 01:09 PM
Hev does more harm than good when he is out recruiting.
This is a win for the Gatas. Damnit Hev get back to work

smootness
06-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Relax, guys haha it was a joke about a thread making fun of a former coach and then you click on it and he's spending quality time with his son.

Nothing more.

Jack Lambert
06-25-2018, 01:34 PM

give it time

Cooterpoot
06-25-2018, 01:48 PM
He's just waiting out the 4 & 5 star commits, so he can clean up on the 3 stars.

TrapGame
06-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Hev does more harm than good when he is out recruiting.
This is a win for the Gatas. Damnit Hev get back to work

I was thinking the same thing. The less they see of Hev the better the chances of pulling in a 4/5 star OL recruit.

msu15
06-25-2018, 02:17 PM
No one is acknowledging the elephant in the room here -

HEV is a ****ing Yankees Fan! I bet he liked ARod over Jeter too.

Hev being in attendance is the reason they lost.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-25-2018, 02:19 PM

I know right? The nerve of this guy!! Where are his priorities?!**

Lord McBuckethead
06-25-2018, 02:36 PM

Nope, Yankees month off corresponds directly with the quiet period. Had to do that today.

Bothrops
06-25-2018, 02:45 PM
As long as he's hanging around "ballers" there's nothing for them to worry about.

Reunion Dog
06-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Marcus Thames was a 4 star recruit we signed from Louisville, MS but he went to the Major Leagues instead...

ShotgunDawg
06-25-2018, 03:00 PM
Marcus Thames was a 4 star recruit we signed from Louisville, MS but he went to the Major Leagues instead...

You're thinking of Dennis Thames. He's related to Marcus

Leroy Jenkins
06-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Hev is their leading recruiter so far this year. I think he's around 68th or so. Pitiful.

TrapGame
06-25-2018, 06:59 PM
Hev is their leading recruiter so far this year. I think he's around 68th it so. Pitiful.

Hmm, must be the closing speech in front of the chocolate fountain at The Golden Corral.

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Hev is their leading recruiter so far this year. I think he's around 68th or so. Pitiful.

I suspect Dan and the Florida media does things to prop him up. Like "Hev found Dak and Chris Jones."