ScottH
06-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Pretty spot on.....

Mark Etheridge

@ethmark
Following Following @ethmark
More
Mark Etheridge Retweeted Kendall Rogers
This is the way these big searches are going nowadays. Target a top tier perennial CWS coach(s), get the fanbase excited with lofty expectations, the big fish reups w/ a contract extension. Then the school hires who someone at the tier they should have been targeting all along.

HoopsDawg
06-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Yep, Cohen ran his mouth. But what bothers me more is the feeling that he dropped the ball on Schloss.

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Yep, Cohen ran his mouth. But what bothers me more is the feeling that he dropped the ball on Schloss.

If Schlossnagle did come back to Cohen during the CWS it probably wasn't Cohen that dropped the ball.

msstate7
06-25-2018, 11:36 AM
If Schlossnagle did come back to Cohen during the CWS it probably wasn't Cohen that dropped the ball.

If schloss came back, Cohen screwed up. What Schloss is is the absolute top 5% outcome for lemonis.

smootness
06-25-2018, 11:36 AM

He likely didn't. All the talk on Schlossnagle was just speculation. Nobody knows anything.

msstate7
06-25-2018, 11:38 AM
He likely didn't. All the talk on Schlossnagle was just speculation. Nobody knows anything.
I think this has to be the case. No way Cohen could do anything but hire a top 5 coach first chance he got, right?

Todd4State
06-25-2018, 11:40 AM
If schloss came back, Cohen screwed up. What Schloss is is the absolute top 5% outcome for lemonis.

No. Because if Schloss came back it's obvious he wanted the job. Why would he come back to us and try to get the job if Cohen screwed up?

And I'm pretty sure after Cohen's comments on Bo Bounds that he must have had a pretty good reason for not hiring Schlossnagle.

MetEdDawg
06-25-2018, 11:40 AM
The worst part about all of this is that everyone is perpetuating Schloss rumor with no credible information of his interest. Everything has been speculation. We don't know how far it went. Message board expectations weren't met and it ended up taking on a life of its own with how far it went.

Cohen got emotionally involved because of his ties to the program. Didn't understand the culture of today's college baseball big time coaches. He set lofty expectations and we as fans have to understand why it was done. Now he knows. He made a very good hire in the end. But this will be a learning experience for Cohen. We need to move on from what he said and realize this was a good hire.

MedDawg
06-25-2018, 11:47 AM

2018:
Schloss: 33 wins, final RPI 57, did not make NCAA regional
Lemonis: 40 wins, final RPI 34, lost NCAA regional final by 1 run

dawgs
06-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Pretty spot on.....

Mark Etheridge

@ethmark
Following Following @ethmark
More
Mark Etheridge Retweeted Kendall Rogers
This is the way these big searches are going nowadays. Target a top tier perennial CWS coach(s), get the fanbase excited with lofty expectations, the big fish reups w/ a contract extension. Then the school hires who someone at the tier they should have been targeting all along.

I don't know about that. We literally can offer facilities and support beyond anyone else in the country. There's no way we shouldn't be targeting the best of the best.

That said, this is our guy now and we keep Gautreau. I like him as a HC better than Henderson, and he obviously has more of a future. Expectations next year are hosting a regional, minimum. We should return everyone of relevance except Pilkington and maybe Gordon. If he comes in and wins 40+ and we host, I'll be ok. If he comes in and wins 35 games and we are a 2 seed somewhere else, I'll be pissed. It's time to be a consistent 40+ W program that regularly host regionals and we will eventually breakthrough and win a ring, and that starts next year with everyone we have coming back.

HoopsDawg
06-25-2018, 11:59 AM
2018:

Oh no. Please don't compare resumes. It will not end well for your argument.

Bubb Rubb
06-25-2018, 12:28 PM
2018:

Well, what was Schloss's record on Sundays when the temperature was above 85 and there were greater than 4000 people in attendance?

You gotta compare the whole body of work or compare nothing at all.