PDA

View Full Version : Almost forgot

MoreCowbell
06-24-2018, 07:23 PM
It ended up not hurting us but holy hell what kind of decision was that to bat Tanner Poole in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs? I about sh!t myself.

Hambone
06-24-2018, 08:16 PM
I was on the other end, yea, I told my wife Tanner would probably strike out, but at the same time he had a better chance of tying that game up with a homer than Skelton did.

Homedawg
06-24-2018, 08:21 PM
That decision alone was enough to strike Hendu from any chance of getting the job. That was stupid.

basedog
06-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Stupid is when things don't work. I wasn't crazy bout that move either but it worked. That's Baseball.

KOdawg1
06-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Tanner has more of a chance to go yard than Skelton.

I didn't mind it.

Buddy
06-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Tanner has more of a chance to go yard than Skelton.

I didn't mind it.

Yep, Tanner was the only player on the team to hit one out in BP before the game. I didn't mind the move either.

Really Clark?
06-24-2018, 08:45 PM
PH for Skelton was the right call...I probably go Hatcher though. It worked out and the offense doesn’t go through Henderson. Yeah I know, he’s the HC and ultimately his call. But I’m not going to praise all the positive moves and credit Gotro but blame Henderson for the bad or questionable calls on offense.

HoopsDawg
06-24-2018, 08:47 PM
PH for Skelton was the right call...I probably go Hatcher though. It worked out and the offense doesn’t go through Henderson. Yeah I know, he’s the HC and ultimately his call. But I’m not going to praise all the positive moves and credit Gotro but blame Henderson for the bad or questionable calls on offense.

No, not against that lefty. You had to go either Poole, Gilbert, or Jordan Anderson. So Poole made the most sense.

Really Clark?
06-24-2018, 09:35 PM
No, not against that lefty. You had to go either Poole, Gilbert, or Jordan Anderson. So Poole made the most sense.

I understand but I’m not looking at just lefty lefty match up...and I might change my mind after seeing what the splits really are for the pitcher vs lefty and Hatcher. But his K/BB rate is much better than Poole and he has power as well. The options on the bench were not good but he has at least gotten a hit since April 15 (Poole’s last hit). And Poole’s batting for the whole tournament was 0-2 with 1 K. Hatcher’s last 3 games (LSU in SEC tourney, OK in regional, Vandy in Super) 3 for 8 with 2 walks and 3 runs scored. I like that match up a lot better regardless of lefty pitcher (Again, unless the splits tell me a big different story)