PDA

View Full Version : Henderson lovers please explain

MSU338
06-24-2018, 03:01 PM
I have thought about Hendo from every angle possible. I keep hearing how good he is but I just can?t see anything more than mediocre! Please enlighten me and persuade me to understand why he deserves to be HC! Please list facts instead of just opinions? And if you feel JG should be the next HC please explain also? I just don?t see either being a candidate. Facts not opinions is what this hire needs to be based on.

shoeless joe
06-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Here are some facts about why he should be CONSIDERED for the job: he made chicken salad out of chicken shit 3 games into the season.

ChillOutDog
06-24-2018, 03:14 PM
We?re very grateful for Hendo taking over and not just riding the season into the dirt. Forever grateful. Very honorable. However, he knows his resume, relative age, etc.

Angling for the permanent job is going to either leave him disappointed and leaving on bad terms or, if he gets it, a bitterly divided fan base that he can?t realistically live up to. Hiring someone else will NOT lead to a divided fan base because those that don?t want Hendo are the ones in the stands every game. The ones pushing GH will be right back watching and attending when ?it matters? just as happy.

We deserve an elite program. Give us the man to make it happen Cohen. You whiffed on Canny, you won?t deserve Strike three.

msstate7
06-24-2018, 03:15 PM
Here are some facts about why he should be CONSIDERED ERED for the job: he made chicken salad out of chicken shit 3 games into the season.

Facts only, please...

39 times this season, Gautreau overcame Henderson's terrible coaching to get us a win.

26 takes this season, Gautreau fought tooth and nail, but couldn't overcome Henderson's terrible coaching resulting in a loss

Haha

Really Clark?
06-24-2018, 03:19 PM
I’m a process guy over immediate results and have already stated that I would not hire him for multiple reasons. But if you can’t look at the second half results, especially against top teams and tournament run, and can’t understand why there are those who believe he should be the coach...I mean those facts are staring in your face. The team could have absolutely tanked the season but they won, won against teams that they shouldn’t have on paper (a lot) and never quit. Even with 2 outs last night they battled. I don’t want him but can also see that I don’t think another coach in the country probably gets this team after the first weekend of the season to a Top 4 finish. That was a fantastic job for this season and it’s easy to see why some wouldn’t mind him getting the job.

shoeless joe
06-24-2018, 03:23 PM
I’m a process guy over immediate results and have already stated that I would not hire him for multiple reasons. But if you can’t look at the second half results, especially against top teams and tournament run, and can’t understand why there are those who believe he should be the coach...I mean those facts are staring in your face. The team could have absolutely tanked the season but they won, won against teams that they shouldn’t have on paper (a lot) and never quit. Even with 2 outs last night they battled. I don’t want him but can also see that I don’t think another coach in the country probably gets this team after the first weekend of the season to a Top 4 finish. That was a fantastic job for this season and it’s easy to see why some wouldn’t mind him getting the job.

Yep...and as I've said, if he were gonna be the guy I think it'd already be a done. The fact that he coached in the national semifinals as the interim coach is very telling from cohen's standpoint

06-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Easiest explanation ever.

1) He took a team over that went through as bad of a transition as you can, in an already 'transitioned' year with the road trip and a half built stadium, picked 6-50 by the 'analytics' of college sports, and a team that was 14-15 (2-7), as we've heard 100 times, and got them to the postseason. That in and of itself was a good accomplishment. He then proceeded to tie our best postseason finish in our history.
2) He's done a heck of a job with our pitchers even though the staff was ravaged by injury.
3) He's got a great assistant coach staff and he still gets to add one more.
4) He's got a lot of head coaching experience at a program worse than ours, and won a good bit. And judging by the draft picks and results of that program, he obviously knows how to spot talent.
5) He's been named an assistant COY and SEC head COY.
6) He's got experience with some of the best in the business (Casey, Cohen, etc.).
7) He works well with Cohen and knows exactly what he expects, and this alleviates the chances that he'll burn out like he did at Kentucky.
8) He's absolutely our best option for this current group of players. No doubt we should give him 4 years, and if he regresses, we kick him out and hire and up and comer again.

At worst, I see this as a Smoke Laval type hire, and he went to the CWS twice, before he regressed. LSU fired him, and hired Maneiri, who won a title in year 3, and was in Omaha in year 2. So what this proves, is that all the people saying he will set the program back 10 years, are absolutely dead wrong.

Henderson will have a team that can get us back to Omaha the next two years. Hopefully we'll win one. If we don't, and we regress in years 4 or 5 (counting the interim year), then we go find our Maneiri.

Perhaps the biggest reason we hire him, is because we obviously aren't getting a Nick Saban type impact. If we have to go to the level of an assistant coach, we're better off giving Hendu a shot.

This is just how I see it. We had Schlossnagle if we lose to Flarrda, but now we don't, because we went on a run. Such is life. Embrace it and fill the stadium in the fall and next spring.