PDA

View Full Version : What Would be Your Reaction.....

ShotgunDawg
06-24-2018, 11:58 AM
If it became known that Cohen hired Henderson or some guy you've never heard of if Schloss wanted the job?

Remember:

- Schloss is proven
- Schloss is currently employed by Christian university that apparently has no issues with him.

Just curious for your thoughts

Big4Dawg
06-24-2018, 12:00 PM
Furious

bobcat91
06-24-2018, 12:02 PM
It would be a black eye for John. Paul just said theres bo secret that Schloss wants the job. The same Schloss that took TCU to the CWS 4 of the last 5 years. We arent running a vacation bible school. If it happens, then Henderson better produce or John will find the fan base turn on him quick.

Bulldog1
06-24-2018, 12:03 PM
I would fly off the handle.

Todd4State
06-24-2018, 12:04 PM
I would like to know why specifically he didn't hire him.

Todd4State
06-24-2018, 12:04 PM
It would be a black eye for John. Paul just said theres bo secret that Schloss wants the job. The same Schloss that took TCU to the CWS 4 of the last 5 years. We arent running a vacation bible school. If it happens, then Henderson better produce or John will find the fan base turn on him quick.

I agree.

And let me put it this way- it would be like bringing Polk back instead of hiring Manieri.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2018, 12:08 PM
Well it would suck for sure. Be so MState

ShotgunDawg
06-24-2018, 12:10 PM

But TCU is running vacation bible school & Schloss does not appear to be a problem for them

Todd4State
06-24-2018, 12:18 PM
But TCU is running vacation bible school & Schloss does not appear to be a problem for them

I think that's a BS rumor in the event that he isn't hired.

It's essentially "Aeris can't block and that's why Holloway is starting."

Really Clark?
06-24-2018, 12:19 PM

You know after Baylor and the image they tried to push for years, unfortunately I?m pretty jaded about the idea that a major university won?t try to cover for a sitting HC and winning program. Which is vastly different than vetting for hiring your new HC. Especially on the heels of firing your HC in season because of off-the field issues that bleed over to on-the field. I have no clue if there is an issue with him or not like that, but I have no doubt that a lot of schools, even supposedly schools with higher integrity, will absolutely keep a winning coach with issues

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Is TCU the Mississippi College kinda Christian college, or the Millsaps kinda Christian college?

Todd4State
06-24-2018, 12:22 PM
You know after Baylor and the image they tried to push for years, unfortunately I?m pretty jaded about the idea that a major university won?t try to cover for a sitting HC and winning program. Which is vastly different than vetting for hiring your new HC. Especially on the heels of firing your HC in season because of off-the field issues that bleed over to on-the field. I have no clue if there is an issue with him or not like that, but I have no doubt that a lot of schools, even supposedly schools with higher integrity, will absolutely keep a winning coach with issues

The thing about Cann that everyone forgets is he wasn't just fired for having an affair. He was letting social media distract him to the point that he wasn't doing his job. If it was just an affair I'm not sure that we fire him. I doubt we would have fired Dan for having an affair with the same woman. Read between the lines on that.

ShotgunDawg
06-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Is TCU the Mississippi College kinda Christian college, or the Millsaps kinda Christian college?

Mississippi College

Really Clark?
06-24-2018, 12:27 PM
The thing about Cann that everyone forgets is he wasn't just fired for having an affair. He was letting social media distract him to the point that he wasn't doing his job. If it was just an affair I'm not sure that we fire him. I doubt we would have fired Dan for having an affair with the same woman. Read between the lines on that.

That’s what I said. The off-the field stuff bleed into on-the field issues. But you also have who it was rumored with...another university employee. That was also a big problem

BuckyIsAB****
06-24-2018, 12:38 PM
If it became known that Cohen hired Henderson or some guy you've never heard of if Schloss wanted the job?

Remember:

- Schloss is proven
- Schloss is currently employed by Christian university that apparently has no issues with him.

Shocked

Bully13
06-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Cohen's radio remarks has me assured it will not be Henderson. It was his strategy for the PR side of the decision he's already made.

KOdawg1
06-24-2018, 12:47 PM

Remember:

- Schloss is proven

I would not be a happy camper

Pit Bull
06-24-2018, 12:51 PM

Remember:

- Schloss is proven

Schloss doesn't want the job. That is a proven fact. So I don't even entertain the thought. Why anybody else would is beyond me.

ShotgunDawg
06-24-2018, 12:53 PM
Schloss doesn't want the job. That is a proven fact. .

Oh really?

dawgs
06-24-2018, 01:07 PM

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some potential inappropriate use of state funds roped in there too like with petrino and freezus and we needed to act to prevent a full on scandal.

KOdawg1
06-24-2018, 01:08 PM
Schloss doesn't want the job. That is a proven fact. So I don't even entertain the thought. Why anybody else would is beyond me.

Our insiders are saying different

DownwardDawg
06-24-2018, 01:10 PM

Yep. I see what u did there

KOdawg1
06-24-2018, 01:27 PM

What ever happened to LB? Is she still employed by UF? Did her husband leave her? She's good looking but I've seen better.

preachermatt83
06-24-2018, 01:46 PM
If schloss wants the job and we don’t hire him then we don’t deserve to ever win again.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Schloss or Jake and let's him hire his own pitching guy.

confucius say
06-24-2018, 02:10 PM
If schloss wants the job and we don’t hire him then we don’t deserve to ever win again.

All things equal, I agree no doubt.

I also know Cohen is smart. He would hire Schloss over Hindu every day of the week. Hearing him on the radio this weekend, there were several times he was like "da 17 we doing?"

So, if Schloss really wants the job and we hire Hindu instead, that tells me there is a reason Cohen is gun shy on Schloss.

BuckyIsAB****
06-24-2018, 02:11 PM

Haha

shoeless joe
06-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Cohen isn't dumb. He doesn't want to sabotage the baseball team. He's going to hire the guy he thinks is best. And for some reason his opinion means more to me than anyone on this board.

So...if shloss isn't hired I'll just figure there was a very good reason. And I'll say again...if Gary was going to be hired I think the interim tag woulda been removed already.

RocketDawg
06-24-2018, 07:53 PM
I agree.

And let me put it this way- it would be like bringing Polk back instead of hiring Manieri.

What a terrible thought ....

3rdGen
06-24-2018, 07:59 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/bKaA02hWdTLWw/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/IA1q3iIjmZoas/giphy-downsized-large.gif

This!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-24-2018, 08:25 PM
Cohen isn't dumb. He doesn't want to sabotage the baseball team. He's going to hire the guy he thinks is best. And for some reason his opinion means more to me than anyone on this board.

So...if shloss isn't hired I'll just figure there was a very good reason. And I'll say again...if Gary was going to be hired I think the interim tag woulda been removed already.

The most reasonable common sense approach I've heard^^^^everyone acting like Cohen is clueless about how to do his job. Baseball is the last sport I would worry about with Cohen making the hires. He got burned by Canns. It won't happen again.