PDA

View Full Version : Henderson and the players

preachermatt83
06-24-2018, 09:13 AM
If Henderson was the players choice then why do we not see a single word from them saying they want him. You would think if they wanted Henderson to be their head coach they would be rallying around him and shouting it from the rooftops. I haven?t seen it. I think the players know we can do better.

maroonmania
06-24-2018, 09:29 AM
Well for all we know they are sending all sorts of messages to JC about how they feel about Henderson. He is the only one that counts so what purpose would it serve to shout from the rooftops to anyone else other than cause a backlash should Cohen go a different direction?

msstate7
06-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Well for all we know they are sending all sorts of messages to JC about how they feel about Henderson. He is the only one that counts so what purpose would it serve to shout from the rooftops to anyone else other than cause a backlash should Cohen go a different direction?
Yep. These players most likely have daily or at least weekly access to Cohen. Why tweet it when you can tell him face-to-face? Not saying they are... no idea

BrunswickDawg
06-24-2018, 10:09 AM
If Henderson was the players choice then why do we not see a single word from them saying they want him. You would think if they wanted Henderson to be their head coach they would be rallying around him and shouting it from the rooftops. I haven?t seen it. I think the players know we can do better.

Why aren't we seeing it? Because they have class and don't air shit like that in public.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-24-2018, 10:16 AM
So you're saying we shouldn't hire Hendo because the players aren't trying to publically hijack the hire and officially turn this into a shitshow?

Think less.

MetEdDawg
06-24-2018, 10:25 AM
Any player that tried to air that publicly would get snapped back so hard by our athletic department. That's one quick way to get your ass booted from a program or asked to leave.

How many players have you heard publicly go on record about a head coaching search when one of the candidates is on staff?

Bully13
06-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Remember a player or 2 saying " see ya next year coach!" To the AU HC?

shoeless joe
06-24-2018, 10:40 AM
I've heard enough from magnum in his interviews to make me think 2 things: cann was a joke leading into this season and he highly respects the job this staff did this year.