PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our baseball situation

Randolph Dupree
06-24-2018, 08:28 AM
First off, what a season. Hats off to the boys and staff for pulling it together.

For the coaching situation: I do not get the impression that Henderson will be our coach, otherwise it would've already been done. It's an elephant in the room, so if you're Cohen and you're leaning that way why not just end it? If anything, doing that relieves distraction. Cohen said early on that we'd know who the next guy is right after their season was done, but he (along with everyone else) wasn't thinking we'd go on a final 4 run. As of last week, I'd heard that we were still in contact with McDonnell and that that wasn't a completely dead situation. We've all heard the Schloss rumors, and to be frank I think there is something their. The thing with the TCU pitching coach staying put helps to underline that. Also, FWIW, I don't buy the Schloss infidelity stuff and wife legal issue crap, nor do I buy into the Cohen wouldn't make the hire because his wife wanted to stay in Ft. Worth until their kid graduates HS. If the first two rumors were true he would not be coaching at TCU. As for the wife situation, it is common to not want to uproot your kids at that stage of their lives, plus it's a relatively short and defined portion of time. I am certain that this would not negatively affect Cohen's decision. (If she had no intention of ever coming that would be different).

For those that say that McDonnell and Schloss pulled their names, I think they were asked to publicly do so because it was becoming a distraction and we were on a run.

As far as who the coach will be, I don't know but don't think it's Henderson. When will we know? I think Cohen knows and suspect that we will know shortly after the team makes it back home and has had a minute to let the emotion of last night dissipate a bit. Personally I think the big names are still very much in play and after that I think it goes to an up-and-comer.

msbulldog
06-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Good post^^^^makes sense. +1