PDA

View Full Version : Cole Gordon

Dawg61
06-23-2018, 11:48 PM
I have never been more wrong about a player than I was with Gordon. Dude totally transformed himself in this postseason. I believe the official count is 15 straight scoreless innings pitched now. Please come back for one more year Cole Gordon.

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 11:56 PM
Me either. He went from me saying "Oh ****." every time I saw him warming up to becoming the most trusted guy in the bullpen. Gary or the new coach needs to convince him to stay

msudawglb
06-24-2018, 12:02 AM
Me either. He went from me saying "Oh ****." every time I saw him warming up to becoming the most trusted guy in the bullpen. Gary or the new coach needs to convince him to stay

Hell, he just pitched 4.1 scoreless innings against a 52 win team with 4 first round draft picks in the lineup. I?d make him a Saturday starter next season. Sell him on that promotion!

Dawg61
06-24-2018, 12:05 AM
Hell, he just pitched 4.1 scoreless innings against a 52 win team with 4 first round draft picks in the lineup. I?d make him a Saturday starter next season. Sell him on that promotion!

I would too. He's our #2 starter as far as I'm concerned. That gives a nice 1 2 punch with Small and Gordon. Maybe James takes the Sunday spot. Gordon can eat up innings like it's nothing. If he goes all year as our #2 he might throw a couple complete games.

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2018, 12:10 AM
Put it this way, we win if Gordon pitched from the go today.

Dawg2003
06-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Someone on Six Pack said he wasn’t going to be asked to come back at one point, which is why he was leaving. Don’t know if that’s true but whoever the new coach is can change that. He never was recruited to be a pitcher, so maybe it just took him longer to get consistent at it. He’s become one of my favorites, and he seems like a good kid to boot.

Dawg61
06-24-2018, 12:26 AM
Put it this way, we win if Gordon pitched from the go today.

Idk about that. He went 4.1 scoreless vs OSU. Doubtful he goes 9 ip. Small had one bad .1 inning. 5 hits in a row with 2 outs nobody on. Oregon State is just really good. We all knew that long before we made it to Omaha. Our best chance to beat Oregon State was to never face them if UNC coulda held onto their lead and eliminated them for us. We woulda beat UNC yesterday or today.