PDA

View Full Version : Bring the Schloss!!!

MSU338
06-23-2018, 10:16 PM
What a season even though it was disappointing to end so close to a Natty! We over achieved this year and have almost everyone coming back! Not to mention a new studs coming!!! Let?s get the good news quick and announce Schloss as the new coach and look forward to kicking ass at football! Hail State and let?s keep this momentum going! Schloss, joe and Howland are gonna rock this year!!!

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Agree. John can't hire Henderson.

It would be a gut punch to the fan base.

He did a wonderful job under the circumstances but we need a different guy long term.

Bulldog1
06-23-2018, 10:21 PM
Yep. I do NOT want Henderson hired. He did a good job this year, let's move on.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-23-2018, 10:24 PM

I get the impression that the non-message board portion of our fanbase (aka the overwhelming majority) is either ok with henderson being the guy or want him to be the guy.

BuckyIsAB****
06-23-2018, 10:25 PM

He did a wonderful job under the circumstances but we need a different guy long term.

Im with you. Henderson aint the guy. Cohen will make a great hire even if he had to come back and do it himself. (not going to happen)

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:25 PM
Yep. I do NOT want Henderson hired. He did a good job this year, let's move on.

I think most rational fans feel this way too. There are a few that really don't know much about baseball that will want him hired, but anyone that knows anything about baseball can see that we need a long-term answer and that answer is not Hendo. I'll be forever grateful for him being a steady hand in what could've been a mess of a season though.

MSU338
06-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Majority of the fan base doesn’t know anything about baseball but wins and losses! Gotta think with the head (no pun intended Cann) and not with the heart! Gary was a pitching coach for a reason!

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:28 PM
Now that the season is over, it'd be a good time for IYOK, Steakonastick, CommerceComet, and others who seem to be "in the know" to share what they're hearing about who we're hiring, if there's anything to share.

ShotgunDawg
I get the impression that the non-message board portion of our fanbase (aka the overwhelming majority) is either ok with henderson being the guy or want him to be the guy.

Maybe, but I'd argue that outside of Cohen himself, the message board portion of our fan base is among the most educated on the issue.

The Federalist Engineer
I am totally prepared to be monumentally disappointed with the hire situation. I think the big CWS run and all the returning starters are a plus. But we will know soon enough of the situation is not totally botched

preachermatt83
06-23-2018, 10:29 PM

+10000

preachermatt83
06-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Maybe, but I'd argue that outside of Cohen himself, the message board portion of our fan base is among the most educated on the issue.

Yup.

Mobile Bay
06-23-2018, 10:33 PM
We will be lucky if we get Lane ****ing Kiffin after the shameful display Cohen made on the radio last night.

MSU338
Schloss 10000 %. Corbin was a candidate and close till schloss showed back up. A lot of water was put on fire to put the flames out when we were still playing. Everything points to schloss! Even Cohen is pointing at him! His wife is packing bags and making peanut butter jelly and bana sandwiches for the trip over as we speak.

Activated Alpha
Not that I have reliable sources or any sources at all, but buddy has a lawyer friend that works for MsState and that Henderson will not be offered. Take it as you will. However, I desperately want Schloss as our next head coach.

maroonmania
06-23-2018, 10:34 PM

I would think the vast majority of the fanbase would be OK with Henderson but not all that excited.

runwildjerious
06-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Hiring Henderson would be like when WVU hired Bill Stewart as their football coach when Rich Rod left. Won the bowl game and went 9-4 a few years, but was very underwhelming.

runwildjerious
06-23-2018, 10:35 PM
And just to go in record I would keep going to Schloss. Give him an offer he cannot refuse. He is the one to get us over the hump.

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Schloss 10000 %. Corbin was a candidate and close till schloss showed back up. A lot of water was put on fire to put the flames out when we were still playing. Everything points to schloss! Even Cohen is pointing at him! His wife is packing bags and making peanut butter jelly and bana sandwiches for the trip over as we speak.

No offense, but you have 11 posts.

If you're right though, I'll gladly give you credit and apologize

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 10:38 PM
I'm curious how long Cohen waits to hire a new coach.

The MLB signing deadline in July 6th & you'd think you would want JT Ginn & a few others to know who the coach is first.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 10:39 PM
man, this is gonna get ugly

Mitch Sherman

Verified account

@mitchsherman
45s46 seconds ago
More
Mississippi State's Gary Henderson said he's optimistic his interim tag will be removed after this CWS: "We started something special. Fans are in. We’d like to stay and make a run of it. It’s a great place. Who wouldn’t want to be the baseball coach at Mississippi State? I do."

Liverpooldawg
06-23-2018, 10:41 PM

To the Internet fan base, most non-message board gurus I know think we have to offer Henderson. I think we should. That being said I'll be behind whoever it is. I would hope every other Dawg would do the same. For the record I don't think it's Henderson. If it had been him we would have already announced it I think. On to FOOTBALL SEASON!

Bulldog1
06-23-2018, 10:43 PM

Mitch Sherman

Verified account

@mitchsherman
45s46 seconds ago
More
Mississippi State's Gary Henderson said he's optimistic his interim tag will be removed after this CWS: "We started something special. Fans are in. We?d like to stay and make a run of it. It?s a great place. Who wouldn?t want to be the baseball coach at Mississippi State? I do."
Please Cohen, don't hire Henderson.

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm curious how long Cohen waits to hire a new coach.

The MLB signing deadline in July 6th & you'd think you would want JT Ginn & a few others to know who the coach is first.

If the coach isn't Henderson, my guess would be next week after the CWS final. Let's the guys get settled back in a little and gives Henderson a chance to enjoy the success before being told "Thanks for your service." Also doesn't give Kyle Peterson and the other anaylists the chance to rip us on national tv for not hiring Hendo

If it's Hendo, probably in the next few days.

msstate7
06-23-2018, 10:44 PM

Mitch Sherman

Verified account

@mitchsherman
45s46 seconds ago
More
Mississippi State's Gary Henderson said he's optimistic his interim tag will be removed after this CWS: "We started something special. Fans are in. We’d like to stay and make a run of it. It’s a great place. Who wouldn’t want to be the baseball coach at Mississippi State? I do."

I really think it's a chance. Pretty sure Cohen swung and miss on big targets. If he keeps Henderson, need to hit a HR on that other assistant

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:44 PM

Mitch Sherman

Verified account

@mitchsherman
45s46 seconds ago
More

So much for the "How do we even know Gary wants the job?" narrative

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 10:45 PM
To the Internet fan base, most non-message board gurus I know think we have to offer Henderson. I think we should. That being said I'll be behind whoever it is. I would hope every other Dawg would do the same. For the record I don't think it's Henderson. If it had been him we would have already announced it I think. On to FOOTBALL SEASON!

I'll absolutely support whoever it is

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 10:47 PM
If the coach isn't Henderson, my guess would be next week after the CWS final. Let's the guys get settled back in a little and gives Henderson a chance to enjoy the success before being told "Thanks for your service." Also doesn't give Kyle Peterson and the other anaylists the chance to rip us on national tv for not hiring Hendo

If it's Hendo, probably in the next few days.

I think you have to make it quick & address the elephant in the room.

By delaying it, you're making people suffer. Be swift & make a move

ChillOutDog
06-23-2018, 10:48 PM
I think you have to make it quick & address the elephant in the room.

By delaying it, you're making people suffer. Be swift & make a move

Agree we should announce Schloss tomorrow morning.

MSU338
06-23-2018, 10:48 PM
I have read every post on here. Been around for a while I just don?t find a lot of things that make me passionate about posting and arguing with folks! If post counts is what you levy facts on then your coach will be Henderson level coaching! Schloss is gonna be the coach regardless of the amount of post I have! It all started with Cohen last night with his disappointment with Hendo! Cohen is smart and started the wheels rolling last night on his intentions. He is trying to let the HENDO supporters down easy without being the bad guy. He is a smart man!!

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:49 PM
I have read every post on here. Been around for a while I just don?t find a lot of things that make me passionate about posting and arguing with folks! If post counts is what you levy facts on then your coach will be Henderson level coaching! Schloss is gonna be the coach regardless of the amount of post I have! It all started with Cohen last night with his disappointment with Hendo! Cohen is smart and started the wheels rolling last night on his intentions. He is trying to let the HENDO supporters down easy without being the bad guy. He is a smart man!!

Dude, I hope you're right lol

The Federalist Engineer
06-23-2018, 10:49 PM

All the house wives, drunk guys that become baseball fans in June, and USM fans that masquerade as MSU fans really want Henderson. Seems logical. This is why popular democracy sucks.

"Democracy, the poison of which by a subdivision will only be the more concentered in each part, and consequently the more virulent"

Alexander Hamilton's last letter on public policy (https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Hamilton/01-26-02-0001-0264)

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 10:50 PM
Agree we should announce Schloss tomorrow morning.

It's not like the coaches will be sitting back & enjoying this. Life doesn't work that way.

Tomorrow morning when they wake up, it'll be 100% of their focus.

You have to make this quick. Remember, if the coaches aren't retained, they also have to find new jobs & need all the time possible to do that.

Activated Alpha
06-23-2018, 10:50 PM
Who can provide valid reasons as to why Henderson deserves to be our head coach without our guys getting hot in the post season as one? What else does he bring to the table that we want in the long run?

Saltydog
06-23-2018, 10:51 PM
H/C but not the H/C. If it's Henderson, and I truly think it is, it's going to be a major swing and miss by Cohen.

msstate7
06-23-2018, 10:53 PM

Just stop. You said it was corbin during the SR

Todd4State
06-23-2018, 10:57 PM
I'll absolutely support whoever it is

For me it will be like when Polk II was our coach. I will support MSU baseball but I will not support Henderson being the coach.

ScottH
My gut still says Corbin. I have absolutely no basis of that.

I seen it dawg
For the love of god not henderson.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2018, 10:58 PM
No Gary, the fans are not "in". This one isn't anyway.

Todd4State
It's not like the coaches will be sitting back & enjoying this. Life doesn't work that way.

Tomorrow morning when they wake up, it'll be 100% of their focus.

You have to make this quick. Remember, if the coaches aren't retained, they also have to find new jobs & need all the time possible to do that.

I think it will be quick too. Same reasons you stated.

LibraryDawg

For those of us that turned the radio off last night in disgust, what did Cohen say?

Todd4State
06-23-2018, 10:59 PM
No Gary, the fans are not "in". This one isn't anyway.

I saw a poll on Twitter and early returns showed 65% of MSU fans wanted someone else. Over 100 votes.

Bulldog1
06-23-2018, 10:59 PM
God, please not Henderson.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-23-2018, 11:02 PM
You're giving some here wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much credit.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-23-2018, 11:09 PM
OP has no clue. He's throwing out different coaches every other day. 1 of them have to be right.

msstate7
06-23-2018, 11:14 PM
OP has no clue. He's throwing out different coaches every other day. 1 of them have to be right.

This board has finally worn on old IYOK. He's calling people out now haha

Liverpooldawg
06-23-2018, 11:17 PM

Nah, it's the the least educated portion by far. That includes me. I know a guy that knows what's going on. I haven't seen him in a while and wouldn't ask about THIS if I had. What I have learned from him is that our internet fan base is ignorance personified. I include myself in the ignorance faction.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Nah, it's the the least educated portion by far. That includes me. I know a guy that knows what's going on. I haven't seen him in a while and wouldn't ask about THIS if I had. What I have learned from him is that our internet fan base is ignorance personified. I include myself in the ignorance faction.

There's a difference between "knowing what is going on" & "being educated about what we need in a head coach"

I absolutely agree that there are non-message board segments of our fan base that "know what's going on" more than the message board portion, but that doesn't mean that they have the background, experience, & instincts to have a quality opinion about who our head coach should be.

Non everyone, but many on this board do have those.

Liverpooldawg
06-23-2018, 11:36 PM
There's a difference between "knowing what is going on" & "being educated about what we need in a head coach"

I absolutely agree that there are non-message board segments of our fan base that "know what's going on" more than the message board portion, but that doesn't mean that they have the background, experience, & instincts to have a quality opinion about who our head coach should be.

Non everyone, but many on this board do have those.

They have a greater base of knowledge about MSU athletics than we do. That isn't debatable. There are a lot of dynamics that go into a SEC athletic program. What you see on the playing field is a big part of it, but there are others. I'll leave it at that.

Turfdawg67
06-24-2018, 12:01 AM
God, please not Henderson.

You've said the same thing on three different pages in this thread. We all know you don't want Henderson.

preachermatt83
06-24-2018, 12:05 AM
For me it will be like when Polk II was our coach. I will support MSU baseball but I will not support Henderson being the coach.

This

preachermatt83
06-24-2018, 12:07 AM
For the love of god not henderson.

I agree. Didn?t you want henderson with GoTro as CIW? Everyone is entitled to change their minds. I know I have a hundred times. I?m just curious what changed your mind. I think for a lot of folks it was these last two games.

msbulldog
06-24-2018, 11:02 AM
The previous poster was correct in that we need to wait until the finals are over to announce someone else besides Henderson is going to be our next coach. Because that is all the announcers will talk about ad nauseum and that will be horrible publicity.

MSU338
06-24-2018, 11:17 AM
All I can say is that I have never seen a coaching search that has been this tight lipped with information! Cohen is gonna hire a great coach regardless! I have my opinions on who I want it to be and who I have heard from good sources. But the way this has gone, Cohen could throw a curve ball and surprise us all! As long as it isn’t Henderson I am good! I am not concerned with what other coaches say about Hendo, they are coaches and know his track record! And the players relationship with Henderson should not factor in either, they are kids and it’s not about what they want, it’s about what is best for our programlong term! The kids will be fine with a new coach! I expect some info will start leaking within the next few days and we will find out shortly.

ChillOutDog
06-24-2018, 11:31 AM
The previous poster was correct in that we need to wait until the finals are over to announce someone else besides Henderson is going to be our next coach. Because that is all the announcers will talk about ad nauseum and that will be horrible publicity.

Who gives a shit if it’s Schloss, Tadlock, Corbin, or Mcdonnell

sbcmortgageman
06-24-2018, 11:40 AM
Who gives a shit if it’s Schloss, Tadlock, Corbin, or Mcdonnell

I think everybody cares who it is.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2018, 11:50 AM

I don't know this ignorant place has sure broke a lot of things over the years.....including Cann being canned

I seen it dawg
06-24-2018, 11:57 AM
I agree. Didn?t you want henderson with GoTro as CIW? Everyone is entitled to change their minds. I know I have a hundred times. I?m just curious what changed your mind. I think for a lot of folks it was these last two games.

True I did. At the point we were when i stated that it was during all the guys "turning us down" so to me at the time it was the lesser of all evils to make sure we kept Jake in his role. I think Jake will be a superstar coach but now I am willing to lose him to not have Hnpenderson as the guy. The last few weeks sealed it. It sounds counter intuitive but watching us as the pressure mounted and we got deeper shows me all the little things we don't do over the course of a season that i just can't live with. And just about all of it comes from the pitching coach (mentality, terrible catching) to the head guy decisions (Skelton, and the worst not having a coach at 1b coaching). I can't get past it.

preachermatt83
06-24-2018, 01:28 PM
True I did. At the point we were when i stated that it was during all the guys "turning us down" so to me at the time it was the lesser of all evils to make sure we kept Jake in his role. I think Jake will be a superstar coach but now I am willing to lose him to not have Hnpenderson as the guy. The last few weeks sealed it. It sounds counter intuitive but watching us as the pressure mounted and we got deeper shows me all the little things we don't do over the course of a season that i just can't live with. And just about all of it comes from the pitching coach (mentality, terrible catching) to the head guy decisions (Skelton, and the worst not having a coach at 1b coaching). I can't get past it.

This is where I am on it as well.

BuckyIsAB****
06-24-2018, 01:53 PM
We will be lucky if we get Lane ****ing Kiffin after the shameful display Cohen made on the radio last night.

Just stay in Mobile Bay

I seen it dawg
06-24-2018, 01:58 PM
Schloss or just give it to Jake. Veteran team that trusts him already. Let him hire a young dynamic pitching coach and let's roll.

maroonmania
06-24-2018, 02:11 PM

We had player coaches at 1B long before Henderson. I know we've had them under Cohen and Cannizaro. Just sayin'.

3rdGen
06-24-2018, 02:15 PM

We would be lucky if you would stop posting. Get outta here!

preachermatt83
06-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Schloss or just give it to Jake. Veteran team that trusts him already. Let him hire a young dynamic pitching coach and let's roll.

I’d 10 to 1 rather hire GoTro than Henderson

MarketingBully
06-24-2018, 03:42 PM
If we aren’t able to get Schloss or McDonnell, why not hire the coaches who were their right hand men who helped them build those programs? Whitting at Houston (Schloss) or Lemonis at Indiana (McDonnell)? Either of those guys would win at a very high level at MSU and are relentless recruiters. Looking at things from a Schloss/McDonnell or bust point of view is very narrow minded. There are a ton of up and coming coaches that would win at a high level AND would be better options then Henderson.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2018, 07:40 PM
We had player coaches at 1B long before Henderson. I know we've had them under Cohen and Cannizaro. Just sayin'.

And it was dumb every time it was done no matter who the coach is. That shit if for fall and scrimmages. Not for the real thing.

MSU338
06-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Not sure who just yet but the pot is boiling!! I hope one of my hunches is correct :)

DawgFromOxford
06-24-2018, 08:19 PM
And it was dumb every time it was done no matter who the coach is. That shit if for fall and scrimmages. Not for the real thing.

What is the difference between having an actual 1st base coach and a player performing the duty? Aren't they mainly just out there to collect gear anyways? Other than telling the batter to run on a passed ball what other duties does a 1st base coach perform?