PDA

View Full Version : Stolen from SPS

starkvegasdawg
06-23-2018, 10:12 PM
Our pitching staff held them scoreless for 8 2/3 and we lost the game.

Liverpooldawg
06-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Ouch.

tcdog70
06-23-2018, 10:14 PM
If Hunter makes the play we at least tied.

KOdawg1
06-23-2018, 10:15 PM

More like if Allen stays at 1st and let's Hunter make the play

msstate7
06-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Worded wrong... that would mean they scored all runs with 2 outs in 9th. I get the point though

msstate7
06-23-2018, 10:16 PM

Allen should've covered first.
Small was late covering.
Stovall booted.
Total team screw up

maroonmania
06-23-2018, 10:27 PM
Allen should've covered first.
Small was late covering.
Stovall booted.
Total team screw up

Just didn't make the play. I didn't see anything that made me believe Allen's attempt on the ball caused Stovall to make the boot. Once Stovall booted we weren't going to get the out.

Dawg61
06-23-2018, 10:52 PM
The pitch the guy hit the 3 run bomb on was a total cookie. That one pitch and Mangum getting thrown out at 2nd were the pivotal moments of the game imo. Mangum just can't be making mental errors like that still this late in his career. He is the worst baserunner I have ever seen with his decision making. Rowdey got a hit next time up too. Woulda scored a run and we could of potentially ran their starter right then. It was a hell of a run while it lasted and we still managed to make it very fun all the way up to the last pitch of the season. I really thought Westburg was gonna hit a grand slam to win the game.

mstatefan91
06-24-2018, 12:00 AM
Two things cost us that game. Allen not covering first (which lead to the homerun) and bad base running

shoeless joe
06-24-2018, 08:06 AM
The pitch the guy hit the 3 run bomb on was a total cookie. That one pitch and Mangum getting thrown out at 2nd were the pivotal moments of the game imo. Mangum just can't be making mental errors like that still this late in his career. He is the worst baserunner I have ever seen with his decision making. Rowdey got a hit next time up too. Woulda scored a run and we could of potentially ran their starter right then. It was a hell of a run while it lasted and we still managed to make it very fun all the way up to the last pitch of the season. I really thought Westburg was gonna hit a grand slam to win the game.

Doesn't work like that. It was a bad baserunning mistake but there's no guarantee Jordan get a hit there just cuz he led of the next inning with a hit.

Jack Lambert
06-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Only one of our three starting pitchers was one of our three best pitchers. Gordon should have started Friday or yesterday. The dude has been pitching his ass off and is a iron man.

Cooterpoot
06-24-2018, 08:18 AM
Take away 1 inning vs UNC and we didn’t score crap in the CWS. Plus Gary 17’d the pitching management.

West Tn Dawg
06-24-2018, 12:31 PM
It works both ways. Their pitching shut us down also.

RocketDawg
06-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Worded wrong... that would mean they scored all runs with 2 outs in 9th. I get the point though

Not really. He didn't say 8 2/3 consecutive innings.

MoreCowbell
06-24-2018, 04:21 PM
More like if Allen stays at 1st and let's Hunter make the play

Allen should have definitely stayed on the base but It would not have mattered anyways as Stovall kicked/bobbled it. Dont understand the outrage there.

MoreCowbell
06-24-2018, 04:27 PM

IMO the moment the game was over was when we had 2nd and 3rd and I believe MacNamee maybe hit a pissrod that would have plated 2 runs but their 3rd basemen was playing 20 feet off the line and in perfect position to catch and double up Stovall. Would have been 5-3 with 1 out and runners in scoring position and instead total deflation and total loss of momentum.

biggun
06-24-2018, 08:21 PM
T Allen was butt awful at the plate both games vs OSU, killing us at where you need production, the 3 hole.

Homedawg
06-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Allen should have definitely stayed on the base but It would not have mattered anyways as Stovall kicked/bobbled it. Dont understand the outrage there.

By Allen coming on a dive it caused Stovall, IMO, to rush it, thrown for a moving pitcher is tough. If Allen stays home it’s. An out. We will never know